When to see gynae ?

AAOM

Hi Mummies and Mummies to be...

I just found out that i am pregnant and im a little lost ...
Need some help and advise... Base on the EDD calculator i am 4week+ pregnant now

1) When will it be advisable for me to see a Doctor?

2) Should i go for subsidy or private? Able to share your experience and cost spend including hospital bill ?

3) I have just call a gynae recommended by my friend, nurse has advise that the package start for 6 week onwards (approx $650) .. if i go see the doctor now i got to pay about $200+ for the visit as im less than 6week

- Should i wait till im 7 week before i visit him?

- is $200+ consider expensive? Anyone have other gynae not to expensive as im kind of worry on the baby condition

Thanks many !

its my first pregnancy, i visited gynae when i was about 8 weeks.
1st consultation and prenatal supplement cost me abt $270 for 1st visit include gst.
u do nt have to take package so soon because you will have to go through many tests to make sure bb is okay.
usually theres the down syndrome test and fetal abnormality test done on third and fifth month.
so i took up a package approx after the 5th month.i paid about $1k for unlimited visits to my gynae till im due this Aug.
i am currently under thomson medical centre.doc crystal chin.

Hi Mummies and Mummies to be...

I just found out that i am pregnant and im a little lost ...
Need some help and advise... Base on the EDD calculator i am 4week+ pregnant now

1) When will it be advisable for me to see a Doctor?

2) Should i go for subsidy or private? Able to share your experience and cost spend including hospital bill ?

3) I have just call a gynae recommended by my friend, nurse has advise that the package start for 6 week onwards (approx $650) .. if i go see the doctor now i got to pay about $200+ for the visit as im less than 6week

- Should i wait till im 7 week before i visit him?

- is $200+ consider expensive? Anyone have other gynae not to expensive as im kind of worry on the baby condition

Thanks many !
Hi, Maybe you can consider subsidy first. Go to any of your nearest polyclinic for urine test then they will refer you to government hospital on your 7-8weeks to see baby heartbeat. Don't see Gynae too early cause u will get disappointed of not being able to see the heartbeat yet.. Get everything settle first then you may want to consider to change to private if your financial allows you. Otherwise you still can stick to subsidy rate :)

Different between Subsidy and private, private way more expensive than subsidy of course. Private you have your own Gynae till u give birth, while subsidy we will meet the available Gynae of that day. Bills wise, of course private shoot up high and If "touchwood" you need to get emergency cser or any complication, that will burst your bills.. Treatment wise, I don't see different much.. cause heard both side stories..

Don't stress yourself now, you are still early.. Get more info and check your financial wise.. Meanwhile, please take care of yourself cause this is critical stage where baby are still small. And don't get yourself stress as this will affect your baby..

Suggest that you see a gynae from your 8th week onwards. For my first pregnancy, I went during the 6th week and nothing could be seen. The sac was small and no heartbeat heard and that made me emo for a while.

I went to KKH and spent close to 2K on pre natal including Oscar tests etc and 4K for a A ward for natural birth without epi. I am a private patient.

For private hospital, the rates would definitely be much higher but the good thing is you can consult your gynae anytime unlike those going to public Hospitals as a private patient.

Suggest that you see a gynae from your 8th week onwards. For my first pregnancy, I went during the 6th week and nothing could be seen. The sac was small and no heartbeat heard and that made me emo for a while.

I went to KKH and spent close to 2K on pre natal including Oscar tests etc and 4K for a A ward for natural birth without epi. I am a private patient.

For private hospital, the rates would definitely be much higher but the good thing is you can consult your gynae anytime unlike those going to public Hospitals as a private patient.

Thanks for the advise....
I use the apps and it show than im 4 week now...
But i used the clear blue test kit and it show that im 2-3 week only...

I'm a little confuse on this....

Hi, Maybe you can consider subsidy first. Go to any of your nearest polyclinic for urine test then they will refer you to government hospital on your 7-8weeks to see baby heartbeat. Don't see Gynae too early cause u will get disappointed of not being able to see the heartbeat yet.. Get everything settle first then you may want to consider to change to private if your financial allows you. Otherwise you still can stick to subsidy rate :)

Different between Subsidy and private, private way more expensive than subsidy of course. Private you have your own Gynae till u give birth, while subsidy we will meet the available Gynae of that day. Bills wise, of course private shoot up high and If "touchwood" you need to get emergency cser or any complication, that will burst your bills.. Treatment wise, I don't see different much.. cause heard both side stories..

Don't stress yourself now, you are still early.. Get more info and check your financial wise.. Meanwhile, please take care of yourself cause this is critical stage where baby are still small. And don't get yourself stress as this will affect your baby..

I hear from some of my friend that for subsidy they dont do scan every month ?

I do heard about the cost under subsidy and of cos im confident that no hospital would take any risk on a pregnant woman
But at the same time im really hesitating about the comfort level of not seeing a fixed gynae

Me and my hubby both has thalassemia minor and we have a 25% chance of losing the baby if the baby is tested to be thalassemia major.... the baby would not have survive if is tested to be thalassemia major.

We would need to carry out harmony blood test which i guess even if im under Subsidy rate i would have to pay more or maybe the same price as a private patient as such blood test might not be under Subsidy.

Confuse stage =(

If u know when was your last menses, that wld b d week 2 start counting... Eg if d start of your last menses was 23 Apr... u shld b about 3 wks now

As 2 whether or not u shld opt 4 private or subsidy... not my personal experience, but i have heard fr friends who gave birth @ KK dat scanning is not done on every visits. Even when my fren who was carrying twins, it was d same. She decided 2 stay wif KKH as she was concerned dat her twins may need to b in NICU. Doesnt mean she likes it, she was just being practical about it

Usually gynea will provide packages fr 20 wks, ie after d detailed scanning. Of cos there r others who offer packages once u stepped into d clinic. Just make sure u know wat r d things dat r being excluded in d package.

Dont worry too much, there r gyneas who take on high risk patients. I know cos I was high risk too.

Take care and congratulations!!

I hear from some of my friend that for subsidy they dont do scan every month ?

I do heard about the cost under subsidy and of cos im confident that no hospital would take any risk on a pregnant woman
But at the same time im really hesitating about the comfort level of not seeing a fixed gynae

Me and my hubby both has thalassemia minor and we have a 25% chance of losing the baby if the baby is tested to be thalassemia major.... the baby would not have survive if is tested to be thalassemia major.

We would need to carry out harmony blood test which i guess even if im under Subsidy rate i would have to pay more or maybe the same price as a private patient as such blood test might not be under Subsidy.

Confuse stage =(
I recommend private patient cause the same Gynae will take care of you and advice you on your needs. If subsidy, different Gynae will take over and u might need to remind them each time your visit as different Gynae look at u. And yes, subsidy patient don't do monthly scan and I'm fine with it.

As long I know my baby are fine, I don't need to disturb baby with those scanning. Even during my 1st time pregnant, we don't like to scan baby monthly cause it's quite disturbing. As long each checkup we get to heart the hearbeat that is the best. Important is to hear baby heartbeat and we don't need to worried. No heartbeat then its dangerous. Scan baby to see how it is for me not a must. I only get excited when come to detailed and growth scan. Cause I can see baby fully and their movement.. :)

But this is up to individual. Most important is mummy and baby is healthy :)

Back