What to prepare for 5 month old baby for winter in Perth

elmarch

Hello all! First time mommy here! Me and my family are heading to Perth for a holiday this coming August 2015, and I'll be bringing my little one(turning 5months old during Aug) with us!! Would like to ask what and how do I dress a 5months old baby for winter in Perth? What is necessary to bring in terms of clothings? Is there a need for thick winter jackets or just a normal hoodie would do? In a delimma:(

Hello all! First time mommy here! Me and my family are heading to Perth for a holiday this coming August 2015, and I'll be bringing my little one(turning 5months old during Aug) with us!! Would like to ask what and how do I dress a 5months old baby for winter in Perth? What is necessary to bring in terms of clothings? Is there a need for thick winter jackets or just a normal hoodie would do? In a delimma:(

Similarly, I'm heading to Perth in August too (over NDP weekend). My girl will be 11 months old by then. I'm going for a week (8 to 15 Aug). I had more or less completed the packing for her. If its useful, here's my packing list:

1. 1 x winter jacket with glove
2. 2 x fleece jacket with zipper in front
3. 2 x sleeping bag
4. 3 x pyjamas
5. 5 x long sleeve tops
6. 5 x long tights
7. 4 x socks
8. 1 x shoes
9. 2 x winter cap
10. 2 x muslin wrap
11. 1 x car seat cover (car rental with baby seat)

The other items are items for feeding, bottle washing detergent, hot water flasks and other shower amenities for the baby. Hope this helps :)

Hi! I'll also be heading there for a week! (19-25Aug)! Winter jackets as in those bubble winter jackets? So far I've only prepared a few normal cotton jackets, long pants, long sleeved tops, muslin wraps, knitted beanie and mittens. Would a fleeced hoodie be enough? May I ask if you're bringing a stroller along?

A winter jacket is a must as baby will catch a cold easily, winter scarf, cap if any.. Those daily basic necessaries and thick socks and shoes. Can bring along those long sleeves and long pant that can keep baby warm.

Hi! I'll also be heading there for a week! (19-25Aug)! Winter jackets as in those bubble winter jackets? So far I've only prepared a few normal cotton jackets, long pants, long sleeved tops, muslin wraps, knitted beanie and mittens. Would a fleeced hoodie be enough? May I ask if you're bringing a stroller along?

Hello, mine's not the plastic bubble kind, got one which has 'down' in the inner layer and outer layer is abit water repellent. I managed to get a 2nd hand piece from gumtree for a few bucks. no harm trying your luck.

Yes, I'm using a bugaboo bee plus, will be bringing it along. had confirmed with SQ that I could bring that up to the boarding gate.

Hello, mine's not the plastic bubble kind, got one which has 'down' in the inner layer and outer layer is abit water repellent. I managed to get a 2nd hand piece from gumtree for a few bucks. no harm trying your luck.

Yes, I'm using a bugaboo bee plus, will be bringing it along. had confirmed with SQ that I could bring that up to the boarding gate.

Will the bubble jacket kind be too thick for Perth's weather? As I heard that winter there is quite mild. But not sure if it'll be too cold for the baby! I'm currently looking for preloved winter jackets~ will see if I'm able to get one at a good price!

Will the bubble jacket kind be too thick for Perth's weather? As I heard that winter there is quite mild. But not sure if it'll be too cold for the baby! I'm currently looking for preloved winter jackets~ will see if I'm able to get one at a good price!

Yes, you're right that the winter at Perth is quite mild. It's been my annual visit there for the 4th time now but the 1st bringing my little one :) I feel for infants, they have a lower tolerance for chilly weather so I prefer to cover her up more. There should be some available in gumtree or if you have some time to shop around, saw that mothercare is having sale now.

Yes, you're right that the winter at Perth is quite mild. It's been my annual visit there for the 4th time now but the 1st bringing my little one :) I feel for infants, they have a lower tolerance for chilly weather so I prefer to cover her up more. There should be some available in gumtree or if you have some time to shop around, saw that mothercare is having sale now.
That's a coincidence. Same here! Been there a couple of times to visit my relatives. But not always there during winter! So kinda forgot how cold the winter is like over there :) first time bringing my DS there too. Thanks for all the advice! Will probably do some last min shopping if there's time~

Back