What do you think about this Occupational Therapy ?

Hey,
I'm a mother of a 1-year-old daughter. She is very reluctant to eat liquid food. I need to spend a lot of time on her eating. She refuses to drink milk too. I have to rejoin the office after my 1-year maternity leave, next month.
I'm so unhappy regarding her case. We have already appointed a nanny to take care of her. But my friend suggested approaching occupational therapy services in Toronto.
What do you think about this? Please do share your experiences.

Hey,
I'm a mother of a 1-year-old daughter. She is very reluctant to eat liquid food. I need to spend a lot of time on her eating. She refuses to drink milk too. I have to rejoin the office after my 1-year maternity leave, next month.
I'm so unhappy regarding her case. We have already appointed a nanny to take care of her. But my friend suggested approaching occupational therapy services in Toronto.
Hi!

You can try approaching a pediatrician and let them know about your struggles during feeding time with your daughter. They may be able to refer you to a paediatric speech therapist who will assess and do necessary interventions as well as provide you strategies during meal times. Locally, the paediatric OT do not do interventions for feeding related issues to the best of my knowledge.

Hope this helps! :)

Hey,

Hi,

The advice to check with pediatrician is good. They should be able to see the overall issue.

My son did some feed therapist as part of his occupational therapy. But not all therapist willing to do this. Some speech therapist can help you too in this. If you are not comfortable checking with the pediatrician, you can look around for therapist review and ask for opinion.

Hey,

Hi,
My soon-to-be 15months son had feeding issues too. He is ok with drinking milk but reluctant to open his golden pout mouth when it comes to meal time. It was stressful for both myself and also my DS. His Paed is Dr Janice Wong (she is also a baby developmental Paed) and she recommended a Speech Therapist (Feeding Therapist) from Magic Beans. Now my son can eat purees.... Although he should be eating/chewing solids but I am happy that he is making progression. Also any form of therapy requires mid/long term commitment and there are no overnight miracles and I find caregiver's perseverance and encouragement helps a big deal.
If you need any further info, pls drop me a PM.

Magic Beans : http://www.magicbeans.sg/
There are other feeding/swallowing therapists centers like http://www.tlcspeechclinic.com/

Good Luck !

Last edited:

Back