What do you drink during pregnancy

littlejkhw

I am having drinking plain water. Will puke after that. Any suggestion from you guys on what is ok to stomach down?

I find that having Ice Lemon Tea or Ginger Ale helps to quell my nauseous feeling (esp when eating). I usually have 1 when having lunch/dinner.

Milk also can or milo.

Yogurt Drink is also healthy as well as fruit juice.

Either u buy fresh from juice stall or off the shelves. Those peel fresh magnolia brand. Dilute them with water so not so cold and sweet.

Just make sure you dun consume too much in any of them to control ur sugar content in your body.

Have a Happy Pregnancy!
happy.gif

i drink diluted ribena and yogurt drink too.

try not to have juices from fruit stall, usually they will add sugar syrup..

I duno if this sounds yicky, but I make my own veg juice every other morning (been doing that prior getting pregnant).

My Juice usually consist of 90% pure veg + 1/2 apple (to sweeten it). Veg I use will vary between celery, purple cabbage, tomatoes, cucumber, pok choy, green leafy vegs etc.

I am a lazy veg eater, so i do that. One glass is about 2-2.5 servings of vegs, so that makes me feel happy for my body and baby.

Pls dun drink fruit juice everyday, I can't tell you how many women I have seen who got gestational diabetes or putting on too much weight coz they eat too much fruits everyday.

Hi S_loh, eating fruits is fine. I just attended a prenatal class by a midwife. She told me no more than 3 apples a day as a guage.

I usually go for no more than 2 servings of fruits just in case. I make fruit smoothie (berries, grapes, peaches etc + milk / natural yogurt) so one glass oso count as two servings. The extra amount of natural sugar in fruit juice is actually no good for us.

Imagine the fruit juice we drink outside - one glass is easily three servings of fruit sugars...

When u buy from fruit stall, just tell them u pregnant no sugar. Normally they won't add if u tell them just that pay more loh.

I was not able to drink plain water at all during my 1st 3 months, even the slight of the water makes me puke. I could only drink Milo for my 1st 3 months, and at my 4 month, i could not stand the slight of Milo.

Hi Jackie,

Understand what you suffer precisely, just like the time I had my number 3, can't stand everything got smell, felt very nausea till term 2 ended.
One of friend also has similar case, she worry not enough nutrients for bb, her friend recommend her g3 super fruit juice, she taste and try before she buy. Her comment to me is very yummy! Ever since then she drank g3 throughout the pregnancy. You may want to try that

I thought I am the only queer one! This is my first preg and I am still a noob. Usually I can gulp down water like nobody biz! But after few weeks into pregnancy, I can't stomach water. I can only take sips if not I will burp like crazy. I cannot take cooled water too. Now, I have to carry a thermos flask with warm water and sip. I do juice veg and fruit and drink before I sleep. Been doing that prior getting pregg too. I will continue that habit.

Diet coke and coffee helped though I only sipped just enough to quell the nausea. I heard it would apparently cause developmental problems for your baby if u take too much caffeine...

Red dates water with wolf berries I had plenty. Effect: my girl has a pinkish complexion. My mum kept telling me credit all went to her cos she made plenty of such drinks for me.

I drink anything. Except gassy drinks n watermelon juice, papaya, pineapple juices, n heard from Chinese medicinal shop dun drink grass jelly!! Very Liang!

how many weeks then can start drink red dates wif wolf berries... my mum keep pressure me to drink the AN TAI herbal.. i was errrr... coz doc say dun take herbal medi 1st

I am 21weeks and I started drinking black chicken soup with cordyceps, Wolfberries, and wild American ginseng soup.
Is tasty but not sure this is safe or good to drink every week?
Will it be over 'pu' ?

My mum went to those traditional medical hall to ask if there's anything that she can brew for me to 'bu' since we just found out about my pregnancy. The lady there told her no need to 'bu' at this point, jst take the doc's vitamins, no point overdoing things at this point.

hi not enough shoes, hi 5! i have been drinking honey + warm water these few days too..

i like to drink water b4 preggy but after preggy,i can't reli take plain water..somemore i m having a bad cough n dry throat...cannot take too sweet drinks oso, anyone has more recommendations?

Hi Chloe,

You can drink g3 Superfruit juice. I have been drinking it and my elder son also drinking since 1 year old. It boost anti oxidant level of our body and immunization. Very yummy too!

Hihi, Ya i agree with u Averie. I took honey with my meals everyday, and after a while I've brown discharge. Then a auntie told my hubby cannot drink everyday, only once in a blue moon. Now I'm 31 weeks pregnant and drink honey only at times when I'm feeling too heaty.

Hi ladies, you all can brew some dang sheng with red dates. Just brew for like half hour, don't even have to add sugar, or maybe one or two pcs of rock sugar if you want.

I drink that twice or thrice a week. My friend drank that everyday when she was pregnant. I don't, cos my body is more heaty.

I heard from the medical hall that its supposed to "bu" mother and baby. And when baby is "bu" enough, they tend to be healthier and fall sick less often.

My advice is not to overdose any tonics. Ribena and honey made me cough somehow...

Chloe: I was told to keep away from over-cooling drinks like grass jelly.

Eat as usual and keep balanced meal. When I lost my appetite, I took small meals, fruits and cakes. Lemon in water is one healthy drink as Wing Toh suggested.

Back