Underweight and in 40s

Hi, I am trying for my first baby at the age of 41 this year. Me and my hubby tried on my ovulation days hoping to have a higher chance of conceiving. I bought Anmum to drink for nourishing my body because I have been underweight all along. However, my weight still stay below 18 BMI. Then to my disappointment, I have my usual pms symptoms and today my period came after a 2 weeks wait although I have been experiencing what seem to be implantation symptoms (twitching pain in my right side of my pelvis).

I can't wait any longer and want to see a fertility doc to screen my body. Any good doc to recommend and how does this go about ? Should I see the doc after my period or I can go see a doc during my period ? My hubby asked me to try again and if still unsuccessful then go see a doc. But I do not want to wait.

Hi...

I understand how u feel. I was underweight while trying.... I did 5 IUIs and 1 IVF, all failed.

I finally got preggy naturally 6 mths after my failed IVF. It's good dat u shld c a doc who wld be able 2 tell u if everything is okie wif u. Nothing was wrong wif me... yes I was underweight but doc told me dat it shldnt b a prob...

If u really wanna get preggy, just go 2 a gynea 4 a check 2 make sure all is gd. I know of someone who isnt underweight... she went through like 4 IVFs and finally success in d 5th. And she is much younger den u... 35.

I know it's not ez, but sometimes, we can b stressed when we know its our ovulation n we wanna make d best of it.... it adds undue stress 2 our body.

Hope 2 hear gd news fr u soon. ;)

Hi...

I understand how u feel. I was underweight while trying.... I did 5 IUIs and 1 IVF, all failed.

I finally got preggy naturally 6 mths after my failed IVF. It's good dat u shld c a doc who wld be able 2 tell u if everything is okie wif u. Nothing was wrong wif me... yes I was underweight but doc told me dat it shldnt b a prob...

If u really wanna get preggy, just go 2 a gynea 4 a check 2 make sure all is gd. I know of someone who isnt underweight... she went through like 4 IVFs and finally success in d 5th. And she is much younger den u... 35.

I know it's not ez, but sometimes, we can b stressed when we know its our ovulation n we wanna make d best of it.... it adds undue stress 2 our body.

Hope 2 hear gd news fr u soon. ;)

Hi, thanks for your encouragement. I am quite adverse towards IVFs as they cost about $10,000 per cycle. I do not have that money even for one time IVF. My sister naturally conceived and she was 40 years old that time. How envy !

Well.... while anxious about wanting 2 be preggy.... Let's not forget about relaxing & enjoying d process....

Who knows... while u least expected (like i did)... there is a surprise for u. ;)

Hope 2 hear gd news fr u soon. :)

Back