Twins due in 2008?

Purebliss
Yeah, i do have problems sleeping properly at night, unless extremely tired...ideally i go to sleep between 10 and 11pm or else I have trouble falling asleep!

i oso cant sleep nwadays! hv difficulty turning from side to side, have to "flip" the tummy! then hv to go toilet so often. so tired every morning...

Hi Nicole,

I was working until the very last week before due date.. Keekee... But it will be best if u can rest of course.. Me is bcoz its own so cannot unable to take time off. I feed my babies one after another and cleaning their poo everytime after they finished their milk.. Then express my milk every 2-3 hours. Milk fullest in the morning so I always up ard 5-6am to express.. eat more fish and continue to take the vitamins that ur gynae gave you before birth..

Hi Vine,

Dr Ong managed to draw out the cord blood from my girl.. Everything soomth. : )

Cynthia, to be able to carry your twins till wk 38 is very good. And their weight are good too. I pray tt i will achieve tt when my turn comes. They r adorable. :)

Purebliss, 2k is a good price for taking care of twins. When is your due? I m due in Dec08. Is it possible to get her contact and c if she is still avail after your confinement?

Anyone here planning to take care of their twins alone after giving birth? My mom kept telling me it's not possible and i must get a maid. Any advice?

NZ
There's a lady on the 06/07 twins thread who looks after her twins herself with no maid. Nic is Lyricist.

Vine
same same man....have to flip the tummy...SLooooowly so no ligament pain...usually ard 3am, then tummy not so "full" so flipping is easier!

NZ, no problem. I am due in oct.. I can pm u her contact but nt sure how is her service until i use her.

Ava & vine, now and then sleeping is a big headache... i very grouchy also. Cos by then manage to sleep, hubby snoring all the way... sob

Thx Ava, let me check out 06/07 twins thread for her. I m on no pay leave now and thinking of quitting after giving birth. Hope to get some advice on how to manage.

Purebliss, thx a lot for your help. Btw, i also hv sleeping probs and hubby snoring as well. I jst use a pillow to cover my ears while sleeping sideway..

NZ, i wish i can cover the pillow on my head too... but then, my boy co sleeping with me. So his snoring will wake my boy up and he will wake me up to tell his daddy to "shut up". Hahah!! Now really cannot sleeep well at all at night. Sometimes sit down play mahjong also cannot play for long. Faintz!

mummies, can i check with you whether it is ok if i see my gyn in wk 12 for the detailed scan, then again in wk 18? in between, i am unable to get any gyn appts - i hope it is ok.

Thistle
wk 12 is your DS/OSCAR scan is it? Let gynae guide u on the next visit; 6 weeks apart is quite a long time; but in other countries, most moms dont have monthly scans one; however if u are worried u can always go to an independent clinic like Radlink to get a scan in between...

Thistle: yup i also experience one 6-week apart scan..was worried cos the week12 scan was very brief and around 14 week I went to a woman's clinic and scan again for peace of mind
happy.gif
even tho that cost me $120 :p

for me, I have been seeing my gynae every 2 weeks, so have nvr had such a long wait but if gynae says ok, shd be ok ba.

I am in my 34 weeks! counting down!

Wah Vine, u so fast... babies going to pop soon! Are u opting for epidural csection or ga?

Ava, how abt you? are u opting for GA or epidural... honestly, i still have no guts on epidural.

32+ weeks and counting for me!!!

I am gonna see what doc says next week. I'd like to try natural + epi. if not then C + epi. wanna latch asap after birth.

I tried only Enfalac and S26. Enfalac a bit bitterish. S26 is sweet so babies love it, but i've heard babies get fat on it. mine didn't
proud.gif

friends of mine use Mamil and Similac.

Vine..
my aunt was telling me yesterday that
she is feeding her ger with Similac and her ger is 7.5kg at 3mths... hehe..

my gers r also on Similac...
but cos they r premature so my PD recomend me Similac Neosure..

Good for you all... I dunno how long i can hold now. Today went gynae check up and realize my cervix already soften and lots of contractions. One of the babies already trying to make it way to engage... My gynae ask me complete bed rest and now we are playing with time... she wanna me drag for at least 7 to 8 weeks more... sob... i really scared.

Vine, now only 27 weeks... babies only weigh ard 1.2kg each. My gynae did a virginal examination for me... cos i was on ctg scan earlier... shows a lot of contractions. Hit 70 pts at one stage which is near to labour contractions.

Purebliss
Aiyoh!! Go lie down now!!! and dont move! It will be OK if u take good care now and guaiguai go on bedrest...have faith!!

Vine
from what I hear, if they come to your place, it is between $1800-2500. not sure how much if u bring to their place. But for single baby brought to babysitter, it's about $700 + so just add maybe another 50% on top for twins?

Purebliss,

Dun panick k.. Have a good bedrest..

Hmmm....

My babies demand for milk is getting higher and higher.. Hope my milk will be sufficient all the way...Hahah..

cynthia,

how do u cope? do u feed them tog? i heard if 1 ask for milk, even the other one is sleeping shd wake him/her up so that both will be on same schedule if nt mother will go crazy, do nothing but feed and wash up.

with your wound, how do u BF?

Vine,

My wound is recovering. The massage lady will be coming on Wed onwards.. I express out so its easier for me... i do latch them on 1-2 time in the day. Now, they drink one after another. : )

Cynthia
V reassuring that u can latch occasionally altho c-section
happy.gif
I must stay positive as I do want to
breastfeed again this time !!

Purebliss, pls rest and lie dwn as much as possible. Do keep your gynae posted of your progress. I heard some gynae did an op to stitch up the cervix to prevent early contraction. Did your gynae mention anything abt this? Will keep u n bbs in prayers.

NZ,Purebliss
The ops is called cerclage. I went throught 1 emergency cerclage when my son was 22wks and managed to prolong to 25wks. I was ordered complete bedrest too. My 2 other girls was born at 34wks with the help of early cerclage as i was diagnoise having incompetence cervix.

Cerclage is done to prevent the cervix from dilating too early but it does not stop contraction but there are some medication to stop contraction.

Purebliss
If you really delivered your babies early, it is better to go KKH else your bill size will be very high without subdies

Hi Mummies

Was really upset yesterday when my gynae told me the cervix already soften... my friends even told me from cervix soften till dilation, very fast process... 3 weeks only. Sob!

Ava, yah, I keep telling my babies, guai guai stay inside there for another 7 to 8 weeks. Mummy dun want u all come out and suffer from all needles things.

Vine, my gynae mentioned that their weight are as good as a singleton baby. So now she asked me pump up the babies weight.. how to????

Jaslyn & Cynthia, my mind is in a whirl now... i din expect so early. Really hope they can tahan until 34 weeks at least. Jas, is ur bill size big when ur twins arrived at 34 weeks?

NZ, she din mention this to me yet probably she dun want to scared me. Just want me to bed rest and see how things goes. Now my contraction pills have increase to double dose and just pray hard it helps.

Chloegal, thanks for your info. I din know that there is such ops as cerclage until u mention here. How do we walk in and deliver in KKH? I mean now my gynae is in TMC, can we just switch another gynae now?

Purebliss,

Just be positive, we pregnant with twins have more hurdles to cross, and many times we hear many negative comments too, so stay strong and keep talking to your babies.

Ya I heard abt cerclage as well, maybe is nt nec for u to do that right nw cos ur contraction pills have doubled.

How to pump their weight? Read durians help but also heard they trigger contractions, so I duno...how about ice cream?

take care, keep us posted.

Purebliss
I called KKH to ask about emergency admission cos I was worried about cost and premature labour etc etc. The lady told me they will accept walk ins for subsidised wards, but u cannot choose your doctor and wards are non-aircon. But that way, u save on your bills. Worth considering if u are budget-conscious and are at risk for preterm.

Weight gain: carbo stuff like pastas seems to work for me...but dont go for too much sugary stuff...that may go to YOU!

Had my 32/33 week check..my babes are still transverse
sad.gif
but weights are good: 1.8 and 2kg...hope they turn so i can try natural!! My doc wants me to tahan to 39 weeks!!!!

Purebliss, pls stay positive n keep talking to your babies... will say a prayer for you.

AVA hanging on to 39 weeks is very good.. Try lor.
happy.gif

Ladies, just to find out where you went for your detailed scan at 20weeks?? Did anyone go for a 3D scan?? I thought of but I think need to wait till 5 - 6months?

NicoleG
DS at 20 weeks was done at TMC 4th floor. I didn't do 3d scan...but a lot of my frens did that at Radlink. Paragon I think...can call them and ask for ideal time.

Purebliss,
Yes, can walk-in but you cant choose your own doctor so no use changing gynae. But in KKH when they diagnoise you as high-risk there will have a doctor from the high-risk dept to monitor and take care of you.

I was lucky to have my gynae, Dr Han and Dr Kenneth Kwek(high-risk Dept) to look after me for my first pregnancy. My son was born at 25wks gestation and have to stay in NICU for few mths. We still need to pay about 20+K with medisave with 80% subdies.

My ex-college's wife delivered her twins in East Shore Hospital at 28 gestation and the bill is about 100+K or more and have to pay by installment.
He also has to ask the MP to write a letter in order to transfer his twins to kkh as his inital request was rejected by KKH due to Bed Constrain in NICU. In the end he manage to do so but think still have to pay a much higer price as he is still consider a private patient

Hi BB09,

I am using medela twin pump now.. its a good investment for me. Save me time !

Hi Purebliss,

Stay positive.. Weight gain..Hmm..I was told that the milk powder for mummies will do a good job in weight gaining for babies...

Hi mummies,

Thanks for your encouragement. Last nite already spoken with my hubby. In any cases if the twins arrive before 35 weeks, i will just admit myself into the KKH 24 hr women clinic A & E. Will choose an open ward ( 6 bedder or 8 bedder?) Cost constraint... cannot afford to be in private hospital. I have a frd who had an early labour ard 28 weeks in TMC and in the end, after medisave deduction, she got to pay 20K cash.

Now will do anything to pump the girls' weight up first.

Back