TTC - Trying to Conceive 2017

i hope i am not spamming. >.<

i have 5 days of AF.
AF on CD 4 is little and dark brown.

would this be a concern ?
in my school days CD4 is not dark brown. light flow but reddish.

for me i took pain killers and i did not feel a thing when i did HSG. good luck.
Hi,

When do we eat the painkiller? I asked the pharmacist but he is unsure..so i didnt manage to get advise on this..

Im seriously thinking of visiting Dr Tan in Clementi for tcm. Im currently going to the team of tcm doc in Zhong hua at TPY.

Anyone has experience with Dr Tan in Clementi?

Thank you

Hi,

When do we eat the painkiller? I asked the pharmacist but he is unsure..so i didnt manage to get advise on this..

Im seriously thinking of visiting Dr Tan in Clementi for tcm. Im currently going to the team of tcm doc in Zhong hua at TPY.

Thank you

that time i took pain killer about 1 hour before my hsg i think. it was as per doctor's instructions.

my doc was also hesitant about giving me painkillers. but i told him my friend say it hurts so he prescribed to me. i was not given the normal panadol but slightly stronger one i think.

i was with Dr KS Tan @ clementi for a while. long waiting list but he is nice doctor.

at first when i didnt know, i tested with low end OPK first. starting from day 7 after period. as the OPK lines go darker with each day's test, i test with the more expensive one, Clearblue, to confirm that my ovulation hormones are at peak.

at the week that you ovulate, bd once every 2 days including the day of O. this is based on my doc's advise.

age of 28 has high chance. good luck or fighting ;)

Thanks!!
How do you know it's the day of O? What will be shown on the stick?

that time i took pain killer about 1 hour before my hsg i think. it was as per doctor's instructions.

my doc was also hesitant about giving me painkillers. but i told him my friend say it hurts so he prescribed to me. i was not given the normal panadol but slightly stronger one i think.

i was with Dr KS Tan @ clementi for a while. long waiting list but he is nice doctor.

Thank you for sharing with me. With ur information, I pluck out the courage to continue with the HSG scan. will take the pain killer 1 hr before.

Is there a waiting list with Dr Tan? Have to call in to make appt, I assume. think I will call and find out..

Hi,

Thank you
How you find the zhong hua team doc at tpy. Heard they have fertility unit

Thank you for sharing with me. With ur information, I pluck out the courage to continue with the HSG scan. will take the pain killer 1 hr before.

Is there a waiting list with Dr Tan? Have to call in to make appt, I assume. think I will call and find out..

yes 1st time call and make appt.

How you find the zhong hua team doc at tpy. Heard they have fertility unit
Yes. I went to the fertility unit.

Honestly i do trust them. After my 1st visit,my appetite increased alot after tcm medication. I checked with the tcm doc, it is as expected coz she prescribed medicine for me to have better circulation, sleep better and eat better.

But i only get to see that particular doc foe my 1st 3 visits...then the doc rotates..between 2 teams.

They r very experienced tcm doc with different speciality. Last visit, i was seen by a doc who is v pro in acupuncture.

Im was very scared initially when he ordered me to proceed eith acupuncture. But when it started, it is reawith not painful. Just slight feeling. I communicated with him frequently to tell him the feeling.

But time is running out..i hope to be seen by 1 doctor..so i thought of going to Dr Tan in Clementi. He is the leader of the fertility team..

Hope can get positive result soon..

Anyone seen him b4? How is the effect?

Heard it is expensive..

What supplement are you eating now?

Im thinking if buying some from iherb

eating blackmores folic acid and conceive well.

these few months i get feverish when O is coming.
i think i did not take good care of myself when i am on my period.

Hi all, I'm new here. 28 this year, married for 10 months now and TTC.
Previously we just let it 'natural' not checking for ovulation
Regular menses with 30+ days cycle
Currently on Blackmores Conceive Well Gold (been taking since 28 July'17)

Last menses was on 25th July
Used an Ovulation tracking app 'Flo' and yesterday (7/8) was high chance supposedly so me and husb done the deed.

Not sure if we are doing it right. When do ovulation usually start?

Some said 10-16th day after 1st day of menses
Some said 2 weeks before next menses

Sorry if I sounded noob!

count 14 days backwards from yr cycle will be more accurate. however sometimes u could ovulate early or late. but more important is watched out for your cervical mucus (cm). Fertile - watery, VERY Fertile extremely watery, soaking thru yr panties or egg-white consistency. EWCM

it's not painful, just some discomfort. there is a HSG thread . good luck

Hi,
Its my first time joining forum after reading for so long.

I will be going for my first checkup at SGH CARE soon. Dr Yu Su Ling. Any tips? Feeling rather nervous.

sorry dunno much abit her, except she is head of sgh care. her waiting time is longer I heard, cos she is quite popular.
just relax ! don't stress. if u don't like the doc, can always change :)

Tooo many! I buy mine mostly on iHerb, it's great :)

i am a supps person too. so many to eat right ?
to the extend that i dont space them out.

oh i have royal jelly too. helps with the complexion.

sigh...fever burning up...cant sleep and again feeling constipated.

What supplement are you eating now?

Im thinking if buying some from iherb

I taking red date drinks almost daily plus the following supplements.
Also taking ztp bazhen herbal soup pack on weekly (except on menses)
Cordyeceps Pills from Nature Farm

DHA & Multivitamin (with folic acid):
https://sg.iherb.com/pr/Nature-Made-Prenatal-Multi-DHA-90-Softgels/40458?rcode=HAR2151

Royal Jelly:
https://sg.iherb.com/pr/Now-Foods-Royal-Jelly-1000-mg-60-Softgels/807?rcode=HAR2151

CoQ10:
https://sg.iherb.com/pr/Doctor-s-Be...ne-100-mg-120-Veggie-Caps/15658?rcode=HAR2151

Raspberry Tea Leaf
https://sg.iherb.com/pr/Traditional...rapped-Tea-Bags-85-oz-24-g/6797?rcode=HAR2151

Multivitamin for Mens:
https://sg.iherb.com/pr/Optimum-Nutrition-Opti-Men-150-Tablets/57069?rcode=HAR2151

Promo Code: HAR2151 (additional 5% off)

My husband's friend told him that ladies who are TTC can try taking chicken essence.. How true is that..?
I do heard before taking chicken essence will get pregnant by one of the TCM that I used to visit. She got patient who drank about 2 to 3 month n get pregnant.. I also try but no luck yet.. Is really depend on ur luck.. No harm trying

Is the blackmores Conceive Well good

not sure. for me i just believe a lot in supps although some may joke that i am just producing expensive urine in the end.

but i think you can try other women's brand.

i just think that the food we eat everyday does not contain enough vitamins and minerals.

like fishball noodles for example. only a few pieces of vegetables inside. the rest all sodium.

Hi all

I just went to kkh today for my 1st doc consultation.

Made a series of test and scan appointments..

I was prescribed antibiotics and painkiller medications to be eaten before Hyfosy scan..i heard it is a scan to check the fallopian tubes..

Any one has experience with this scan? Is it so painful?

To be honest, it is freaking me out.

Hi, i also did the hsg recently n like u, i was scared of the pain. In the end, i did take 1 mild painkiller 45 mins before, but turn out its nothing to worry at all ;) I jus felt mild movements when Doc insert in. Jus relax n u will be fine.

Hi, read that royal jelly can increase estrogen. So does with endo better not take, was reading up on endo recently.
for constipation, maybe can try probiotics , n space out the multivit cos its heaty ?

Starting now, and until the end of Tuesday, August 15th, for all orders over $40 USD, get additional 10% off

Or typing the following codes in the shopping basket:
Rewards Code: HAR2151
Coupon Code: August

Plus, you get a loyalty credit of 5% of the value of the order that you can use on your next order.

Hi hi
you tests every month ? it's been 3 yrs I think I see less than 8 bfn. I try to wait until day of period.

Was gonna test today, bought all my pregnancy test kits. Then woke up this morning, sharp drop in my Bbt today. yesterday was down too and felt crampy. Delayed my testing with a sinking feeling... Aunt Flo came few hrs later :( :(

BBT thermometers are more sensitive and all the apps have double decimal recordings. Shows better the temp diff in the charts .

Strangely, I couldn't find any BBT thermo in few countries in Europe. I forgot to bring during my travels. Guess they don't track in the continent.

Hi hi,

I think they do track leh. At least UK should have.. I joined a miscarriage FB grp, those ang moh ladies got talk abt BBT leh.. Hmm wonder where they get their thermometers from. Not pharmacies?

Hi, i also did the hsg recently n like u, i was scared of the pain. In the end, i did take 1 mild painkiller 45 mins before, but turn out its nothing to worry at all ;) I jus felt mild movements when Doc insert in. Jus relax n u will be fine.

wow, thank you for ur reassurance. it increases my confidence level.

i made a right decision to continue with the tests.

Really hope all of us can have good news soon

Sperm is just 1 concern mah. To get successful pregnancy, still need egg quality, and implantation.
Yeah not easy we need keep trying.

haha nope...i dont just mean sperm here.
i mean keeping up with the deed.
because once in every 2 days.
tiring......

Hi all, I'm new here. 28 this year, married for 10 months now and TTC.
Previously we just let it 'natural' not checking for ovulation
Regular menses with 30+ days cycle
Currently on Blackmores Conceive Well Gold (been taking since 28 July'17)

Last menses was on 25th July
Used an Ovulation tracking app 'Flo' and yesterday (7/8) was high chance supposedly so me and husb done the deed.

Not sure if we are doing it right. When do ovulation usually start?

Some said 10-16th day after 1st day of menses
Some said 2 weeks before next menses

Sorry if I sounded noob!
Hi babyfats, before I used an opk I thought I had a normal ovulation like everyone else (about day 14) but I actually only ovulate about day 20 or so after using an opk plus I have a regular cycle of 34 days too. So it means my luteal phase is actually shorter than usual. Might wanna check using an opk to get a first feel of where your ovulation might be. Because it wasted 3 months of my time saving his bullets for the wrong phase. Hope it helps!

Hi hi,

I think they do track leh. At least UK should have.. I joined a miscarriage FB grp, those ang moh ladies got talk abt BBT leh.. Hmm wonder where they get their thermometers from. Not pharmacies?

oh not UK, yea I think they track.shld be easy to find.
I mean the continent side, like France, Switzerland.

Hi ladies! I'm dpo 15 without AF today. This has never happened before except the last time i had a chemical in may. This bbt tracking is driving me insane! Has anyone had a bfn at dpo 15 only to get a BFP later?

Hi babyfats, before I used an opk I thought I had a normal ovulation like everyone else (about day 14) but I actually only ovulate about day 20 or so after using an opk plus I have a regular cycle of 34 days too. So it means my luteal phase is actually shorter than usual. Might wanna check using an opk to get a first feel of where your ovulation might be. Because it wasted 3 months of my time saving his bullets for the wrong phase. Hope it helps!

I'm like u... wasted alot of time . my cycle ard 31 days, that's why it's not accurate to use 14 days from CD1, cos that applies to 28 days cycle folks.

count backwards 14 days, is better read it in Baby Making book.

I forgot my opk this month when travelling, so only rely on BBT chart. seems like O on CD16 this month. was CD18 last month. few days before O is the most fertile, we were diligent ..lol

two week wait again, finger crossed !
Good luck all :)

Hi ladies! I'm dpo 15 without AF today. This has never happened before except the last time i had a chemical in may. This bbt tracking is driving me insane! Has anyone had a bfn at dpo 15 only to get a BFP later?

yes possible. which brand did u use?
is your temp consistent high ? after DPO18, bbt high ... very likely you are preggers. all the best !

Hi hope u are ok!
yea almost 10 pills in the morning.
Fish oil, folate (5-mthf), Ubiquinol, zinc, probiotics, DIM and a few more. occasional Vit C.

Iron and aspirin in the afternoon. good to separate iron from other supplements / milk / nut milks for better absorption.

at night, Vit D, Magnesium, (these 2 supposed to help relax and sleep better) Fish Oil and probiotics.

on top of that just started TCM meds, take morning and night. have to space 1 HR apart and my thyroid meds. making a mess of my routine, sometimes end up taking my morning supplements much later.

my body must be super cooling type, cos don't feel heaty at all.

Also bought alot of prenatal already, on standby... ;) can't wait for that BFP, will cut all those I'm taking in the morning!

Last edited:

i am one of those who dont do bbt. :X
after you got used to your body i guess its ok to skip it.

anyone can share where you bought your opk ?
thanks in advance :D

Hi hope u are ok!
yea almost 10 pills in the morning.
Fish oil, folate (5-mthf), Ubiquinol, zinc, probiotics, DIM and a few more. occasional Vit C.

Iron and aspirin in the afternoon. good to separate iron from other supplements / milk / nut milks for better absorption.

at night, Vit D, Magnesium, (these 2 supposed to help relax and sleep better) Fish Oil and probiotics.

on top of that just started TCM meds, take morning and night. have to space 1 HR apart and my thyroid meds. making a mess of my routine, sometimes end up taking my morning supplements much later.

my body must be super cooling type, cos don't feel heaty at all.

Also bought alot of prenatal already, on standby... ;) can't wait for that BFP, will cut all those I'm taking in the morning!

i am still feverish. i often fall sick after my period.

how should i take care of myself during my period days? :S

poor u, u have thyroid meds.

i am sure we will all get there ! BFP !

btw i was in another thread a few years back.

it was said that if any of you taking EPO and raspberry tea leaves, better not to take after ovulation because these 2 might cause contraction of the uterus. these 2 products tone the uterus. i guess one of the ways the uterus is being toned is by contracting it perhaps to remove remaining AF inside you?

i am still feverish. i often fall sick after my period.

how should i take care of myself during my period days? :S

poor u, u have thyroid meds.

i am sure we will all get there ! BFP !

btw i was in another thread a few years back.

it was said that if any of you taking EPO and raspberry tea leaves, better not to take after ovulation because these 2 might cause contraction of the uterus. these 2 products tone the uterus. i guess one of the ways the uterus is being toned is by contracting it perhaps to remove remaining AF inside you?

I have a big bag for raspberry leaf tea!
maybe I will stop for a while. I also read it helps to take it during pregnancy for easier child birth.

Hi hi,

Bbt thermometer can get from pharmacy. They measure up to 2 decimal point compare to our normal thermometer 1 decimal point.

You can get from qoo10. 10 pc appx $10 (test kits kind). Paper stripe cheaper. I got the same test kit at qoo10 from taobao. 30 opk + 5 pregnancy kit cost me appx $12.

I'm like u... wasted alot of time . my cycle ard 31 days, that's why it's not accurate to use 14 days from CD1, cos that applies to 28 days cycle folks.

count backwards 14 days, is better read it in Baby Making book.

I forgot my opk this month when travelling, so only rely on BBT chart. seems like O on CD16 this month. was CD18 last month. few days before O is the most fertile, we were diligent ..lol

two week wait again, finger crossed !
Good luck all :)
Ya lor! Hmmm we did a lot of unrecommended stuff in the first few mths as well, then only realised there's 2 types of BD after 3 mths... theres apparently 1 for pleasure and 1 for baby. All the best for you too!!

yes possible. which brand did u use?
is your temp consistent high ? after DPO18, bbt high ... very likely you are preggers. all the best !
That's a relief to know! I'm using first response. Erm I had a triphasic shift on dpo 9-13. Then it dropped a little but still above coverline. Im really dreading the next 3 days!! A real torture! Thanks!! All the best to you too!!

I just started taking letrozole to help with my ovulation. Currently still on cycle 2. And I started tcm meds from Dr tan siew buoy mid last cycle. So gotta temp to see if there's improvement. I'm very pleasantly surprised my chart looks the best this cycle since I started charting. Charting really shed a lot of light on my fertility wellbeing. But it also adds a lot of stress.

I use clearblue advanced digital. You can get it on lazada or qoo10. It's pricier but the convenience is real. I used to use the 1 dollar ones. I can't tell if it's a positive or a almost positive at all. With the clearblue digital, it's a smiley or no smiley only. Simple and straight forward.

Good luck!!

Ya lor! Hmmm we did a lot of unrecommended stuff in the first few mths as well, then only realised there's 2 types of BD after 3 mths... theres apparently 1 for pleasure and 1 for baby. All the best for you too!!

2 types ? really ah... like what positions will be better to get bfp?
thot its been proven doesnt improve chances

Back