TOA PAYOH mummies

HI My boy goes to Brightstart Montessorri fm 2.5-4YO. ANd this yr, 4YO, we enrolled him into Newton Kindergarten. It's a new building and clean too... and there's school bus too,

Hi! Doris, my apology for the late respond. Yeap! Its the same that I enrolled my gal. Thot u wld like to hv trial classes to see if ur child likes it. Which day did u signed up? I wanted to continue Sat, 2pm class however, it's fully booked liao. Am currently checking out Apple Tree n others enrichment/playgroup.

doris ,

Thank for your info =)

mummy tang ,

Is brightstart montessori good ? maybe i know the fees fron 2.5yo to 4 yo? thank . And for newton kindergarden , how much and school bus how much ? thank !

White_Lady
I just called Little Skoolhouse. The school fee is quite reasonable, half day (7am to 1pm, providing breakfast and lunch) is $406.50
They only provide half or full day program.Glad they provide programs till K2
Too bad, they do not provide transport, no direct bus for me to MCYS.
kao_cry.gif

The one located at Bishan Community Centre (Brightstart) is for 18mths and above.

White_Lady
My boy starts with the Toddler class for abt 10mths when he was 2Y and 2mths, think tat time was $230/mth; then when he turn 3YO, we upgrade him to Kids class for 1 year and fees was $320/mth; not sure if there's any increase....
My boy attends the class at blk145 Bishan and he loves the Teacher there....

Newton Kindy schoolbus hor is quite ex, $100/mth, hope they dun increase price.... and Kindergartn fees is abt $580/term..... initially my boy rejects going to school cos he simply loves Brightstart, but after 2mths+, he found himself missing Newton and the Teachers there....

I heard abt TRBK, not bad, but since I enrolled to Newton and my boy is happy there, I am sticking to Newton.... ANd there are playgroups too, like 2-3days/week, will be checking out soon as my gal will be 18mths soon.

Hi CG ,

they have a 3 hour programme at Little Skool house too =) its at $350 i think .

mummy_tang ,

$580 per term seem like a good price ! but i check their web , their main focus is chinese , am i right ? i prefer english leh ...

White_Lady
hahah I am not sure they are chinese based(I didnt noticed when I go visit too, most are English stuffs on the notice board) cos my son still speaks alot of English and most Teachers speak English and the Principal also speak English all the time.... The assembly sessions are conducted in English eg story telling,bible studies etc

Hi Dor, my boy's session at GUG is every Mon and Wed, 9.00am to 11am. If your child happened to join this class in future, do let me know.

mummies, i received a brochure about this 'Paw Walk' in Bishan Park on 20 July. There's gonna be activities like crawl the fastest, look alike contests.. i think..

anyone going??

Dor, r u planning to switch Chloe to toddler class in blk 200?? the infantcare is only up to 18 mths right??

Hi! Doris, will take note of the timing n let u noe.

Hi! Miin, i intend to let her cont unless there's no vacancies, am also looking out for other alternatives as well jus incase. am chking out HDB Hub childcare & MCYS @ Thomson.

Dor, have u asked Mrs Tan about the vacancy? I checked HDB Hub before. THey have after school services as well so kinda crowded and not conducive so I din like it. Din know abt MCYS Thomson though.

My son's ccc is beside Novena Church. If u r interested, u can take a look there too.
happy.gif

Hi! Miin, Yeap, chked wif her says will tk note however did not commit. Thanks for d info will chk tat out as well. Came across Wesley CCC @ TPY lor. 5 on the website however nt sure if it is good. Am considering Learning Vision as well, seems like they r qutie popular as well.

Any mummies have any experience on the abv perhaps can share wif me. Many Thanks!

Dor, i know that blk 200 toddler class has a long waiting list n they r cheap. Only $430 per mth b4 subsidy. Oh do u know for toddlers onwards, the subsidy is only $150 for working mums hor. No longer $400 like infant.. boo hoo hoo..

Never heard of Wesley CCC at Lor 5 but near Lor 1 market, there's a Young Talent (i think) at the CC. One of my neighbour's kid is there. I've seen that place. Nice environment but small place. Can be cosy too.

Learning Vision @ Novena is across the road from my son's CCC. Din go inside to check out but the house looks nice from outside (2or3 storey). A bit more ma fan cos have to cross road n walk inside. No point asking those at office buildings cos they gif priority to the staff working there.

oh my son's CCC is called Cambridge Child Development Centre. They have a few branches too. i can tell u the eng n ch teachers for toddler class is very good to kids.. like they pay me to promote them.. haha..

ha!ha! u shld print this thread n show it to the principal @ CCCC. Ya I knew this plc pass by most of the time when am heading to town. Learning Vision do give priortiy to staff werking in the bldg I called them yesterday sigh...

pai seh.. it's CCDC.. haha.. There's 3 Learning Vision in Novena.. 1 in Revenue House, 1 in Gentle Lane (private house), 1 in TTSH. Dun bother with revenue house n TTSH. U can try Gentle Lane.. Quite a few mummies from another forum send their kids there too...

hihi

Miin, hw long ur child has been in that cc??

went for a trial abt 3 yrs back and din realli like the place coz alot of steps there (my gal was pretty young then) and quite stuffy as in i can smell the food coming out from the kitchen.keke

but from my observation, the staff/ teachers there are quite ok. anothere thing i feel dnt really like : TV.

We have decided to send our boy to Baker Road Methodists Church kindergarten for N1 next yr.

Any mommies having their child there?

oh pooh, they switch the little ones to downstairs.. now toddlers n N1 classes are downstairs. Hmm.. I din really smell food from the kitchen leh but anyway the children are in their rooms so not so bad i guess. As for TV, i think it's available in every CCC but they only switch it on after 6pm cos parents are coming to pick up the kids. However I like it that they have included Gymkidz free for those in fullday. Last time used to be Gymboree but they switched to Gymkidz. My son was there since last June.

Doris, nice 'bumping' into u yesterday! Din realise Chloe was so big girl until she's in the stroller. hahaha.. guess i was still expecting her to be like a baby.. :p

hi! Rae, ha ha it is definetly not so fun (for me) 'shopping' ard for suitable nursery. Glad u'd past this phase oredi.

hello! Miin, gd to meet u finally...guess we'll hv lots to share since Aleesha n my gal r in the same infant care.

Any mummies enroll their precious one for TPY West CC baby contest?

Borders Parkway

Saturday 21 June 2008 3pm @ Kids Cove
Periplus Publishing Group presents a fun hour of children's favourite stories and origami folding for kids!

1) CG and Sha
2)
3)
4)
5)

Hi rae, glad to know your girl is at Baker Road Methodists Kindergarten too but its a pity my boy could not be her classmate as he will only be in N1 next year. Will you continue to let your girl do K1 at Baker next year? Is there anything I need to watch out for when my boy starts next year? Appreciate your time and advice. Tks.

Doris: My girl will be in N2 next yr. She should be staying there all the way till K2.
There will be an orientation at the end of the yr. U needn't worry too much. They will adapt to the environment very fast.
Just curious, what made u choose BRMCK?
For me, I visited many many schools. All (hubby + I + my dd) love this school after visiting.
Will yr son be in morning or noon?
The downside is the parking facility. The parking is shared by the whole of ACS. At times, it's hard to find a parking lot if you are sending yr boy there.

Learning Vision (Gentle Lane): Personally, I won't recommend. I had actually enrolled my girl there last yr. Before she joined the CC officially, I pulled her out. Got to knw a forum mummy whose dd was there. She withdrew her dd. There was a change of mgmt and the hygiene level wasn't fantastic. Most imptly, some of the teachers weren't dedicated & helpful.
Sigh* it is not easy finding a gd CC.

Hi Rae, thanks for your reply. Your girl will be in N2 next year and not K1 as I thought. My boy will be in N1 next year and under normal circumstances, we would stay till K2 too! The school told us about the orientation this Nov and I look forward to it. You certainly do understand, yes I am concerned about my boy's ability to adapt as it is everyday for 3 hours and we are not allowed to stay......
I choose BRMCK because it is near my house. My hubby and I visited two other schools before we decide on this. The school is very well kept. I peeped and watched some classes and I liked the teachers and environment there...I am also impressed with the well equipped computer room where there are enough computers for each student! My boy would attend the morning session. What about your girl?
Oh I've seen their car park and decide to drop and pick to avoid parking there.
happy.gif

Doris: U can stay with him for the 1st 3 days. The teachers r experienced, they will hv their way to coax them n help them to adapt.
My girl is in the morning session too. U r not staying in TPY?

No, i m not staying at TPY but TPY central has been my grocery place, shopping, movie, hawker centres, library etc since I was a kid. I stayed near Novena while I was little and now Dunearn Rd. So I am always near TPY.

Shy to add that when I was a child, there isn't United Sq nor Novene Sq.......(must be very old to be able to say tt........) and they used to have pasa malam along Thomson Rd in front of Novena Church!
Rae, u r not staying at TPY too? where then?
happy.gif

hi mummies, i need some help..
happy.gif

Jus a quick check if any mummy is a GNC member &
it happens to be yr birthday month & gets to enjoy 35% discount off GNC product?
If you don't mind, can i tobang/ tag to your order as i need to buy some supplements..
Pls PM me..tks alot~
happy.gif

Brought my gal to Palawan Beach, Sentosa for water and sandplay today... FANTASTIC!
Any mummies keen for outdoor activities, maybe we can arrange one weekday afternoon to the Zoo?

<font color="0000ff">Borders Parkway</font>
Saturday 21 June 2008 3pm @ Kids Cove
Periplus Publishing Group presents a fun hour of children's favourite stories and origami folding for kids!

1) CG and Sha
2)
3)
4)
5)

CG,

you r a very good mum leh ! i notice you bring ur gal to alot of places ... =) ... for me , if no hubby go along , i cant handle lor .. i m a bad mum =P

btw , Palawan Beach, Sentosa for water and sandplay , thinking of bringing my son go on weekend ... is there baby friendly ? or just like east coast park ? TIA

Hi Rae, lucky you, there are lots of good food along Balestier Rd, except that parking is a little challenging...and strangly, i found the renovated wet market not as crowded as the old one.....
can i contact u again when school is about to start next yr as maybe we may bump into each other at BRMCK? cheers and hav a nice wkend ahead!

charsiew, i used to be a GNC member but I'm not sure if it's still valid n haha.. June is my bday month too! Maybe I can check later if I can still get discount n let u know ya..

CG, wish i can be active like u.. i've always wanted to bring my kids everywhere but now with a baby, it's difficult to manage such activities unless hubby comes along..
sad.gif
perhaps have to wait till my baby is older..

hihi Miin, tks!!
happy.gif

actually im also a jun baby, but my membership with GNC has ceased..so i am not entitled to the discounts liao.. but i now need to get some supplements for baby, PD prescribed &amp; advise to continue, &amp; they cost alot more if to get from PD! so decided to get off shelf from GNC (unfortunately only GNC carry this..)

anyway, tks! do let me know ya?
happy.gif

btw, i'm also not an active mummy...i am not confident to bring baby out myself too..furthest is just nearby toa payoh...Uh uh....cos i hv the most fussy baby who wont feed (milk or solids) outside...

hi! charsiew, am also a GNC member however my BD mth in Oct...dun think u can wait tat long.

seems like brmck is quite popular, perhpas i shld chk that out too for my gal turning 18mths in Sept.

CG, how old r your children, seems like u r pretty active in bringing your kids ard. Alone, am still not so advantures yet eventhough my gal is 15mths old, sigh....

pai seh charsiew.. i clarify... b4 i deliver, i go everywhere with my son alone, np even on the plane.. however seldom do activities like CG cos i was living overseas for a while.. wish i koe can feed tortoise in TPY Gardens then but still not too late la..

after my gal came, can go out alone with both la but troublesome unless daddy is around too.. :p hope can join CG on some activities la but Parkway is a little out of way n this sat i have company family day..

will check GNC but probably this evening. still have 1 more week of Jun so can wait rite? btw, which day is ur bday? mine is mid-jun.

CG, do u take bus or drive when u go ard with Sha??

Is BRMCK a childcare or strictly pre-school?? What does it stand for??

Miin
I normally take bus or MRT unless raining or distance is too far then I will take cab.

Dor
My girl is going to be 2yrs old.
I have been bringing her for outdoor activities when she was 8mths old. If I am not bringing her out, then I will read books to her, nearby playground, arts n craft activities for her. Hee hee, maybe being a SAHM, if I were to do nothing with her, I will feel guilty.

White_Lady
Palawan Beach is more family-oriented than East Coast. I prefer to go on weekdays when it is not that crowded.

Miin: BRMCK = Barker Rd Methodist Church Kindergarten. It is a preschool, no CC facilities.

Ascension is quite popular in this area too.

Doris: No prob. Usually, I will pick up my dd only. My FIL will send her there in the morning.

halow Dor
happy.gif
tks for letting me noe, maybe i hv other things to get in Oct :p heeheehee...

Tkx Miin, oic! wah! i salute to u &amp; mummies who bring their bbs on board the plane..i don tink i can doing it alone.. i think im seriously lack of confidence..sighz.. its ok, i am not in a hurry, cos its not the end of June yet..otherwise, i hope i can find other mummies whose birthdate is in July..hopefully can tag on to the orders.. btw, my birthdate is on 22nd
happy.gif
happy belated birthday to you if its over already...

Hi CG, i'm also a SAHM..now i feel quite guilty towards my son..I hv the thot to bring him out, but the thot of feeding an extremely fussy baby in the public scares me.. Hes still in the rejecting milk stage..its already a battle feeding at home. I can't imagine if its outside...hes now 9mths old..am waiting patiently for him to want to drink &amp; eat willingly soon...
happy.gif
patient patient...

charsiew, perhaps u shld try feeding him outdoor for a change, dun hv to be far try out your house void deck or play ground, otw give him other alternatives besides milk hope it helps. Good Luck!

Charsiew... sorry leh... mine also expired liao so cant help u..
sad.gif

since ur son is already eating, perhaps u can try different variety to attract him.. i can fully understand how sang nao jin it is to get him to drink n eat..

Dor, tks for ur advice
happy.gif
maybe i will jus try &amp; see what happens.. hee...

Miin, ah its ok
happy.gif
i really appreciate ur kind thots~ ya, everyday i hv to sing songs &amp; entertain him to get him to eat.. :p hes an effective tool tat helped to cultivate patience traits in his mummy (never heard of~ haha)...

happy.gif

TV programmes &amp; commercials works for my gal for a while heehee! I know it's not recommended during meals but no choice i think getting her to eat is more impt.

Btw, does any mummies hv good recommendation on parttime cleaners? Am looking for one who is willing to except S$10/hr (direct hire of coz).

Thanks in advance.

Back