TOA PAYOH mummies

Hi Minn
MTB = Mother to be.

Dont mind, what is the name of the centre at Blk 200? Are they registered with/accredited by MCYS (Ministry of Community Dev, Youth & Sports? I tried to look them up on the MCYS website but wasn't able to find anyplace which was located at a Block 200.

Returning to work prob early Jan 09 but I want to do a trial basis prob by mid Dec.

Hi CG

Initially, I am not used to the idea of so many people asking me why I give up my good job and I begin to suspect that I've made the wrong decision. But as time goes by, I have more confident of my decision to stay home and am not afraid of the question anymore.

Hi sunny,

It's called Bishan-Toa Payoh CCC sthg.. very long name.. It's registered under Blk 201.. i'll pm u the phone no.

When r u due? u r planning to start infantcare in Jan? Still long way.. I think the principal prefers starting beginning of month usually cos she doesn't know how to calculate prorated school fees.. THe fees are relatively cheap for an infantcare and with subsidy $400 is u r fulltime working mom. if convenient, u can also ask to go down n c the place..
happy.gif

Hi Miin,
Is your elder one also at the Blk 200 CCC? I am planning to send my son (currently 19mths) to CCC next Jan. So goto start sourcing for one.

kalkal, my elder not there leh, no place.. they r cheaper compared to other childcare so their waiting list is long. If u want, u better start sourcing and putting your name on waiting list. My elder one is in Novena (beside Novena church)

let me know if u need the no. i'll pm u..

Miin, thanks. I will probably go down to check out the place soon. I have got the nos. from the web.

llig, we are staying so close to each other. I will usually passby your block when I am on the way to market for breakfast on weekends.

Hi all

I am staying at Lor8, FTWM. 1 boy(2004) & 1gal (2007). My boy also attend Brighstart @ bishan blk 145 in 2006 & 2007.

Would like to join for weekend activities too... pls email me @ [email protected]

Date: Today, 12 June (Thur)
Time: 5 pm show
Venue: Forum
Agenda: 'Show' on incy wincy spider, Humpty Dumpty, dinner

Any interested mummies?
1) CG n Sha
2)
3)
4)
5)

Hi all, am new here. will be moving in to tpy blk 79 sometime in sept after all my renos are done so would like to know some sahm as i am one currently with a 3.5 month baby boy.

Hi mummies,
I am new here, just chance upon this thread, I'm staying along braddell Rd, Toa Payoh is one of the nearest neighbourhood shopping for me. Sometime I bring my 26mth gal to either Toa Payoh or Bishan library. Would like to join the weekend activities, please PM me...

hi new mummies...

Jasmine, is blk 79 one of the new blocks in central?? went to check out the showflats, the bedrooms are very small..
sad.gif

Hi! Mummies,nice knowing all of u. Thanks Celestine for bringing me to this thread.

Am a FTWM with a 15mths old gal residing at TPY Lor. 2 Blk 121 (I growed up in TPY too), Very near to u Miin. Currently, am sending my daughter to Blk 200 Infant Care, the env. there is pretty alrite, I'd gone to chk out a view plcs such as Kinderland @ Safra, NTUC and HDB Hub Interchange and I find Blk 200 Infant care suits my requirement. Recently, I'd jus sign-up a so call playgroup 'Growing up Genius' @ Goldhill SC, it was fun but quite tiring for mummies n daddies accompany their todts hee!

Am looking forward to the day that am able to join you all for an outing.

hi Dor.. welcome..

what's your daughter's name?? Maybe we've met then at the infantcare.. hahaha.. hmm, r u the one pick up ur gal with a car n hubby?? ;)

hi miin, ha!ha! nope, i seldom go there only if my ils nt able to send Chloe there. but i'll be fetching her back 2dae abt 6.20pm coz mil is nt feeling well. perphas can c u there 2? wat's your daughter's name?

Hi happened to chance upon this thread.
I am not a Toa Payoh mummy but I grew up in Toa Payoh and my parents are still staying at Toa Payoh.

I'll like to find out if anyone has any experience with Apple Tree in Toa Payoh. Thanks

BHB
I heard that Apple Tree in Toa Payoh is not bad, but only up to nursery classes. They do not provide programs for K1 and K2.

Thanks CG, I am actually looking for playgroup for my gal. She's only 15 months now, still too early for K1 & 2.

BHB
Theirs is 2hrs daily program, school fee is $125.
Heard not bad, maybe can check it out!
What I meant is after nursery, you have to find another kindergarten centre.
Some might prefer their children to stay at the same school till K2
happy.gif

Sometime i keep wondering , does a better preschool make a different compare to PCF ? or it depend on how the family member teach and depend on the kids themselves ? So headache when come to choose preschool , hai ~

Yesterday just brought my son to TPY garden =) and we walk pass the swimming pool , he keep pointing saying want to go in ... think will find a day and bring him there =)

Hi! CG,
Cld you tell me where is APPLE TREE located in TPY? i brout my gal to Growing Up Gifted at Goldhill SC for 2 lessons and she enjoyed it. Now am exploring other playgroup tat i cld bring my gal to.

Hi,

I am staying near TPY. Can I join?
I have a girl who has just turned 3 a few days ago.
Any one of u send yr kid to TPY swimming pool for lesson? I am looking for swimming coach.

Wei Lin
Toa Payoh Safra has swimming lesson for children age 3 and above. You can call and find out more details.

Hi all , i planning to let my son join The LittleSkool House at MCYS building . Quite near tpy ... its a 3hr class ... like not bad ...

White_Lady
Is it the one located at Upper Thomson?
The one at AMK Hub is fully booked.
How much is the school fee, and if there any school bus provided?

I'm interested to send my son for swimming lessons too, if not too expensive n during weekend.. .

Wei Lin, if u do call, can share with me the info? Thanks..
happy.gif

<font color="ff6000">Just to share</font>
I just found out that TPY central has a Baby/Nursing Room. Take the lift to level 2 from HDB Hub Office

Tried the one at Safra, they accept 5 and above.
Emailed many swimming schools, they recommend 1-1 coz it's hard to form a group and she's young. But they charge $200 for 4 sessions!

Thanks for the info CG!
$50 a mth is definitely much more affordable. Can save aside for other enrichment. hehe....
Let me intro myself.
I am a SAHM with a 3 yr old girl, staying in Balestier.

Hi Dor, I have just enrolled my boy at Growing Up Gifted at United Sq. Is it the same one you enrolled your daughter? We went to the Gifted Tot class. My apology for mistakingly posting the same message twice.

Hi everyone,

I am also a TPY FTWM mommy. Currently have maid and MIL to look after my son. He is 14 mths old now
happy.gif

Just like to share with all mommies here that TP West CC is organising Baby Show 2008. Think it is held on 27 July, Sunday. Thought of signing up for my son
happy.gif
Hope more TP mommies will sign up their babies too!

CG ,

yes , MCYS building , is actually very easy to go . you know LOR 1 philip factory , there is a road , just go in straight and its the building ! i just went to see the building just now . And will be going to see the class this few days time .

I think got school bus , not very sure .

Fees is $350 per month , dont know add gst liao bo ... and is a 3 hours class . I like that its 3 hour . =)

Is for 18 months to 3 years old .

Acutally i also thinking of enrol my son to GUG , but travel wise is more mafan lor

Anyone know if the Regisration for APPLE TREE at kim keat end liao ? am thinking of that place also . But 1 thing not good is that , they no K1 n K2 ...

Gd morning mummies, White Lady. I've been to trbk to check things out two months ago as I'm also looking for a Nursery for my boy. The school is clean, am impressed with the staff, facilities etc. but decided not to enroll because there seem to be a construction project for condo going on just nearby.....other than this factor, i would have gone for it. Maybe you should take a look and decide.

Back