TOA PAYOH mummies

Ivy,ya...montessori really ex...i actually prefer my first skool le...but no vacancy!thk need wait for yr end liao...
Wesley chances more high to get in...but not really like there coz no air-con as my son vy easy to get sweat...but the fees really cheap as only $200+ after subsidy...but the program and teacher dunno good or not lo...

my boy started at Ykidz since monday...

I stayed outside of the classroom today (2nd day)So far so good, He was easily distracted with new activities/snacks and songs!

Hope he wld cont to enjoy going to sch!
happy.gif

Hi mummies, just a comment on my 1st skool at 192. I enrolled my son since 20mth and got sick every 2weeks. My PD asked me to pull him out frm cc. While I was thinking abt his advise, I celebrated my son's 2yr old birthday at the cc and there's when I decided to pull him out. Throughout the celebrating, 2 toddlers were crying non stop, wanting the teachers to carry. Mentally I was very distressed by the cry and the noise from 33 toddlers.

MYCS rule is 1 teacher to 8 tots. There were 5 teachers, that means they can go up to 40 tots if they can. Plus the total no of kids and teachers under the same roof is abt 200 sharing the same playgroung everyday. Haiz..hw not to get sick. Even on the route to recovery, it's really stressful if just 1 tot cries non stop.

The cc he's in now is very good. It's very quiet unlike most void deck cc. When I asked the owner the strange quietness of the students, he said it's discipline. He started 16yrs ago, having backgound music, children running wildly in class, etc. Is a long journey...haha

Many agree that children should learn thru play which I'm not against. My son learns to write Chinese and English intensively this yr N2. I'm not a kiasu parent but the SIN stressful edu system is here to stay and I still prefer my children to be educated in a traditional way just like my time. Learn thru play will be my responsibility.

fitty - wat cc is ur kid in now?

I agree that "quiet" in CC doesnt mean that the kid is not enjoying himself. I believe in play hard and work hard. when time to "work".. concentrate and work. When it's time to play - play all you want.

Tat's why i personally likes montessori as during montessori time, the kid is trained to focus/concentrate and learn independently. When it's time for music and movement - the kids will also go wild!
happy.gif

Yem- my boy is 19mths. Oh u going trial at which timeslot?
830 class already had 12kids. Personally I think 1030 class is better (based on the cohort of the kids) but I can't send my boy to Tat time due to logistics.
happy.gif

Mtdt - i will be going for the 1030 trial cos 0830 is too early for us.

thanks for the feedback. hope she will like the sch!

Bliss,
have u registered at pcf k+? it's a very new center... i dun think any mummies here have comment..

btw any mummies enrol your kids to fast track kids at toa payoh central? any comment?

thanks!!!

My no1 cc includes FTK in their program. I would say it's a gd program Tat widens the kid general knowledge greatly.

gal.dolphin

my girl is currently in pcf k+.. so far only 5 students in the morning.. so i guess the teachers are able to give good attention to the kids now...
happy.gif
so far still ok.. my girl just made a gingerbread man last week!

ya fiffty,i oso would like to knw which cc,i want to put my son to my first skool but always full even the new open ctr coming soon, but the waiting list also pretty long as been told!But the blk 55 one not tat crowded as blk 192.
Any mummies out their kids in Jessin?Is that good?The thg is the cc start at 8am not 7am,abit rush for me to go work...
sad.gif
and sat not open too...hmm...
Any one of u hv any idea any cc is available end dec?

Hi all
I'm looking for some kids to form a group of beginner swimming lesson at TPY swimming complex on weekend morning.
Is abt $60/$80 a mth 4 session.
My boy is 3.5 yr old.

If keen pls pm me. Thanks

Gal.dolPhin,
I havent reg my kids in Pcf k+. the fees were quite Resonable.

Looking to put my 13 mths in but my 4 yr old will be abit difficult to get a place at blk 9 pcf

Hi mummies,

my son is in teeny tiny at blk 140 bishan st 11. If you are staying ard lor 8 near braddell rd, it's walking distance across the overhead bridge.

newmummy,
My fren's girl was in jessin 4 years back, so I'm not too sure if the system has changed. According to her is that Primary 1 school doesn't recognise Jessin as a Preschooler because they are registered as student day care center. As such she quickly pulled her younger son out. You may want to check to verify.

Hi mummies,

Anybody has recommendation for nice bakery with Minnie mouse and friends design besides begawan solo?

Thanks!

hey mummies...

this year's mid autumn festival celebration is a joint one for toa payoh central residents at toa payoh garden. tix @ $2, includes lantern, popcorn, mooncake, candy floss, ice cream and lucky draw. got performances like mask changing, lantern procession, lantern riddles, chinese opera. can get from your RC, or if you want me to get for u, let me know by coming wed.

oh... and i want to buy something from tupperware also, anyone a member? i can get the item myself if they allow me to use your member number, the shop juz two blocks away from me. : )

Dear mummies,

Happened to chance upon this TPY mummies thread. I'm a first time mum of a 3 month old boy. Living at lorong 2. Hope to tap on all you experienced mummies for advice when needed
happy.gif

Are,
Do they sell tix on the actual day? Am keen but afraid last min. cant make it.

My elder one is down wif miseasel sigh..no wonder for the past few days her fever did not subside. Hope she recovers soon and return to school hee!

Hi Verny, welcome to this thread. Am FTWM residing at lor. 2 Blk 121 how abt u? I have 2 princesses, #1 is 4yo and #2 is 1mth+. Currently my #2 is given a place in the infantcare at 'My first Skool' Blk 54. But I hope to look for a nanny as i prefer 1 to 1 attention.

Hi Mummies,

I just got to know this forum! I stay in 79C TPY Central and I have a 9yo son. #2 is due in January! Nice to meet you guys! (^_^)

Welcome Mummy May and congrats! Bet you gotta start all over again looking for bby clothings and other necessaities, or u still have these fm #1 ;P

hey dor... you given birth already!! congrats!! hope your delivery was ok and you and #2 are doing well. hope C gets well soon, she muz be so excited w meimei ard. : )

the tix will probably be sold out before actual day. its only $2 each, u wan to buy and keep first?

a big HI! to verny and may! : ) i am staying at blk 100 w a 7YO ger. working part time, but now looking for full time work. hehe...

I'm at blk 152 and am a FTWM too. Currently I've gone back to work part time about 3 days a week while clearing the last 3 weeks (15 working days) of my maternity leave.

Am up pumping now

hi newmummy,
sori for the late reply. Hope you get the contact thru google by now. If not, this the website http://teenytiny.ichild.com.sg/

Hi Are,
can I get back to you tml for the tix? I need to ask my hubby. So regardless of age, per head is $2? Then I need 5.

hi rlrenn,
I am using William's svc for my son's cc birthday bash for last 2yrs (see pix). I've checked out most cake shops, for less price, I get healthier fresh strawberry cake here. All fresh cream as I don't like fondant (very sweet). This year thinking of underwater theme.

you may want to check out this http://havenbakery.blogspot.com

Elmo and dorameon theme
5898446.jpg

beach theme
5898447.jpg

Hey fitty nut, np...
So ur kid at thei cc feel vy happy and comfortable?
U may knw YMCA at Bishan then?is it good?
Thk they still hv vacancy on Dec, but don knw y they still hv vacancy whereas the all cc are so full!!

are> I just bought Bakerzin coupons from Groupon! Bought 5 coupons in fact. =)

Ivy> yes, indeed we are only a couple of blks away =)

Hi newmummy
My son is there coming 2yrs. Everytime I ask him if he enjoys school, his answer is yes. The main reason why I like that cc is b'cos it's quieter and children r more discipline (esp good for my active boy :>) And the teachers are caring but can be strict. They only accept N1 onwards but that time in view of my next delivery on Nov, the owner squeezed my son in on end Oct. That's a very kind gesture.

B4 I put my boy to 1stskool, I did scout ard but somehow missed TeenyTiny. If I can recall, YMCA is very small and when I went in, I didn't like that plc.

So you mean which cc still has vacancy on Dec? Teeny or YMCA.

Well, I can't tell which is good. Visit that plc, talk to the principle...think you'll somehow know. Im very particular in the environment, heart of the teachers instead of cirruculum. I'm not too keen to expetite my son's learning curve. Character building and moral values are more crucial at this stage.

Hope you can find a suitable cc.

Hey Fitty Nut mummy,
Thx for the adv...
is YWCA still hv vacancy..but at Bishan lo...abt far but no choice...
There is no air-con, but i hope it more better ..
environtment i thk still ok...talked to the principal...shd be ok..
Hope everythg fine for him!!

newmummy,
better think twice if the cc is too inconvenient to travel. It's an everyday affair leh.

I also visited WESLEY CHILD DEVELOPMENT CENTRE and the only reason i like is b'cos it's christian based. And the kids, can tell, are happy there. Cheap cos they are really non-profit orgn. But i don't have direct bus, so choice is out.

Teeny is non air-con which i prefer as germs don't circulate within. My son's fees is also cheap $250 after full sub. Im sending my gal in this Nov but $330 cos fee increased since this yr Jan.

Hi Fitty,
Oic...Teeny fees still cheaper than YWCA, coz YWCA is $390 after subsidy le...hmm...
btw, i wen WESLEY too at TPY Lor 5 there,they don allow me to view unless confirm got vacancy then only allow, the fees also cheap as only $200+ as well...also non-aircon, which i prefer too and agreed as wat u said...
So y u not enroll ur kid there?

Hi fitty nut

Thanks for ur recommendation. His cakes look nice n yummy. But he is located abit out of place to me n I need cake in early sep. Dunno whether can make it or nt. But I had emailed him.
happy.gif

Mummies I have some diaper to let go , let me know if u all interested , thank

A: Huggies Ultra ( purple pack ) - Size L (16 pcs) , Selling at $4.00

B: Mamy Poko Pull up boys - Size XXXL (9 pcs) , selling at $5.00

C: Many Poko Pull up boys - Size XL (10 pcs) , selling at $5.00

D: NTUC Diaper (blue n orange packaging) - size XXL (21 pcs) , selling at $4.00

self collection at toa payoh daily

Hi mommies,

What a great thread for TP mommies! First time introduction: I am at Blk 81B Lor 4, a FTWM with a 11 month old daughter.

Fitty Nut,
Thanks for the recommendation on William. I have contacted him to check out my gals birthday cake.

Back