Tingkat delivery for family??

I just change from my former tingkat - kim kitchen (2 yrs) to hilltop.

Tingkat Delivery for these 3 days is ard 4pm. food esp soup is lesser than what kim kitchen offer. overall, experience gd.

I'm currently ordering 4 dishes from City Gourmet so far their food is tasty not salty for us both my kids aged 6 and 1.5 loves their food and their portion is really generous..i can even dabao for my lunch to office the following day.

Chewthegum,

Strange leh, I also stay in Jurong West area. I ordered from select almost 1.5 years. They shld deliver to jurong area leh.

We've tried Empire, Mei Hao 99 and Ronnie Kitchen. Ronnie is our favorite! the taste and variety is just nice. Except that there's no menu in advance. so we never know what dishes to expect. we quite like Mei Hao too.

Lately went into tingkats..
Agree tat meihao99 is gd, but till one day my hub found a snail in their vege, wahlao!
now my hub got scared of taking tingkats..

i am back to look for more reviews on tingkat!

after 1 year of city gourmet tingkat, the dishes repeated and i am abit sian of the food, so i switch back to meihao. but i find this time round the food doesn't taste nice, and the soup is not nice anymore. the previous tingkat companies i have tried i've also forgotten their taste already.

Anyone can share which caterer serves more herbal and tasty soup and the servings for 2 pax is not too little?

i might try ronnie kitchen and jessie catering next if there are no reviews.

Hi, is this thread still alive? It's been a while since the last reviews on the various tingkat companies, wondering if the standards are still the same or have dropped. we are starting with neo garden tonight. wondering whether there are any other good companies to try.

Hi,

My reviews:
- Hilltop: tried the trial & couldn't wait for it to finish. Portion is generous for 2 but I think the chef is from China - very oily & some very Chinese taste if you get what I mean.
- Mei Hao: Satisfied with the service provided. Portion is generous & chef is creative with cooking. We terminated after close to a year when my hubby is bored with the cooking.
- Kim's kitchen: The lousiest ever after we switched from Mei Hao. Terminated the service right after 1 month. Food was delivered around 3pm according to my neighbour. Everday at least 1 veg will turn bad. No improvement even after feedback. The lady even told me to opened up to let it cool down aft receiving the tingkat. Hello, nobody at home how to open up? I ordered 2 veges, there's days when they use the same ingredients to cook diff type of green veges (I need to look carefully then only know that it's diff types of veges coz everything is the same). To me, this provider fail big time as they have no passion. I would not recommed to order from them.

<font face="kristen itc"><font color="ff007f"> hi all, my reviews on:
2pax, 4 dishes.

1. neogarden~ trial only. portion super little 2pax means 2pcs only, super salty. SCV sucks. My family is a fan of their caterin.. TG sucks.

2. kims kitchen~ the longest TG i ever had. portion normal. they luv to use canned food which i got allergy if taken too much. they cut the food into small pcs, great for old n young kids. lately gettin bad so we terminated it.

3. hilltop~ 1mth only cant wait for it to finished. portion v generous. i requested for menu n they send me. 2pax food enough for 2 adults+ 1 kid. agree wif Shirley Koh, v oily, salty &amp; all fried wif flour. there r days when pork is super hard &amp; i dump it away= (any dish on pork u can dump it away. smell bad also) everyd got Fish, i felt its gd for kids. But their fish every other day same= coated wif flour n fried! imagine sausage also coated wif thick flour!!!! so far i only eaten 1x steam fish. I asked Mdm Lee their chief fm China? she claim got diff chief.
** now i lookin around for new TG.. too bad City G dont del'y to my area... haiz...
</font></font>

yuki bear, neogarden so bad? what is SCV?

we have had 2 weeks of tingkat with neogarden and they deliver already 520pm. We will heat up the food before eating and so far, all the dishes still taste fresh. but the dishes are quite boring on some days eg. cabbage and dou kee. On some days they have two veg and only 1 meat dish. My hb is satisfied with the food but my expectations are higher so i would rather it 6/10.

<font face="kristen itc"><font color="ff007f"> typo, i meant "customer service" I requested for menu, their cust. serv cant be bother. at first when i got neoG was quite happy they got wed special. felt tat since their caterin taste quite gd, Tg should be better. there r times when my gal vomited out their tao gua. was v disappointed wif them. but of cos depend on indivi taste also. they came at 3pm cos i stay in north. ^^</font></font>

Woah 3pm is early! I wouldnt want my food to be hanging at the gate for 4hrs before i get home. The menu is provided every monday in the delivery plastic bag. Today's combo meal was good. Some days disappointing.

yUki BeAr,

re:kims kitchen
How to do know kims kitchen use canned food? we also ordered this tingkat for 2yr+ and service became bad after a year. Food arrived passed 7pm or never turned up (not even call).

re: neo garden
order the longest and being the first tingkat. find that the food is nice/fresh but eventually am sick of it so change cater.

now, had just tried hilltop for 2 month. agreed that food is salty. but what I like abt hilltop is that they arrived at 4pm+.

Afcai, as u read my t.g is 4dishes. I skip soup, so they replc wif either finger food or canned food-red bean, peanut, wu chan rou. Either mixed wif mince pork or wat.
Based on my experience on TG.. they cook in morn for dinner. So i stay north will get first. Around 2.30-3pm. I will put into fridge. I rather get the first then last. My bil order fm kims first, then he told me when he reached home-6.30pm some dish spoiled.

i think they have some insulator in their delivery van or something. cos when we reach home at 630pm, some dishes are still luke warm. not sure how they achieve it since they would have cooked the dishes by 2pm. that's y we prefer to receive the food around 5plus-6pm than at 3pm, since no one is home to bring the food inside.

<font face="kristen itc"><font color=" D4318C"> I jus sign up wif Ronnie kitch 5d trial. hope its gd. coss my finger.

hi SN (totorodino), not by 2pm is bef 12n maybe? lol... when i jus started TG they dely 2pm i was so shocked.. after tryin out diff TG co. realised all the timing more or less the same.. then so u know.</font></font>

i trial meihao again. the dishes are okay, but the soup taste bland.. i am sourcing for nice soups.

i also trial ronnie's kitchen, the dishes more delicious than meihao, but the only bad thing is they do not customised for non-spicy food. i think maybe the company is of smaller scale, so they send same dishes to everyone. coz i have kids eating, so i stop and trial others first.

trial kim's kitchen again too, the dishes are ok above average, but the soup is not up to my expectation. first day lotus roots soup, and it taste pepperish and i can't taste any lotus roots' taste. i think the chef likes pepper in soups alot.

next to trial maybe neo garden or lexin or jessie catering. Any comments?

Hi Mummy wannabe

Can you send me the contact of the auntie... really thanks for your help :)

Please PM or email me at [email protected] . thks!!!!

--------------

Hi ladies,

Another thing to share... Just now i wen to my ah ma house, than she told me the neighbour recommend this lady to her, she use to be a confinement lady and now she switch to cooking for ladies like us who are going to go into IVF, in the process of IVF and after IVF, be it successful or not... And heard she is quite good...As now im ordering from Kim's Kitchen till 18 Nov i think i will switch to her instead cause she caters to our needs..

What she does is when you order tell her which stage of treatment you are at and she will prepare the meals accordingly for you...The price is quite reasonable also its $280 for 2 pax and will send to your house also..Oh she also cook dishes good for our DH..heehee..

I think i will switch to her because she will know what we need most and furthermore no need to scared got msg and guaranteed nutritious food hor...

If anyone interested to order PM me and i pass you the contact cause think she only accept few orders a month only.

Neo garden- tried for 6 months till present. Just to feedback their food portion is getting better and more delicious than last time (when they used to give taugeh every week )
I wonder they change chef? Food - taste ok and not salty but 4th dish always is fried thingy/cold dish/chicken feet)
can opt for no chilli, no brinjal, no ladyfingers and no bittergourd
I like them the most because the fish dish is good! at least can taste the fish meat.

Kim- trial for 5 days, very very salty compare with Neo. feel very thirsty after meal.we stopped after 5 days trial.

Hilltop- I would say their cooking is tasty meaning more salty. but I dislike their fish, not fresh and always fried it until very hard. totally dun have fish meat to eat... their soup is nice anyway.

Chuweisantong (lunch)- arrghh, WORST tingkat I had. 4 very small cube of luncheon meat is a dish. Food not tasty at all.. the vege all turned yellowish.

Empire (lunch) - Food was ok. Portion wise ok. Fish dish always deep fry in batter, flour more than fish meat.

I would want to try Select next time.. anyone try Select?

Last edited:
Tried Select for few months. Food wise ok esp. in the beginning first month but customer service is very bad. Worst service I got of all tingkat I had tried. So far, Ronnie kitchen had the best customer service to me.

Usually for dinner is 4pm-7pm depending on the area & route that driver takes. Select driver can deliver as late as 8pm or after 7pm quite often and the tingkat food got stale. Even when I feedback to driver, he told me to complain to customer service as it's not his fault in the first place. Anyway, it's pointless to feedback to the staff. The lady on the phone (forgotten her name, in charge of east area) is super impatient & rude!

Usually for dinner is 4pm-7pm depending on the area & route that driver takes. Select driver can deliver as late as 8pm or after 7pm quite often and the tingkat food got stale. Even when I feedback to driver, he told me to complain to customer service as it's not his fault in the first place. Anyway, it's pointless to feedback to the staff. The lady on the phone (forgotten her name, in charge of east area) is super impatient & rude!

Oh dear... Sounds terrible. I guess tingkat might not be ideal for us.

judy_Isk why all tingkat delivery are like that? So rude...

I tried mom's cooking for 1.5 years. They own natal essentials. I choose it coz they serve premium food. My children are eating too.. hence I prefer to get better ones. They use good vegetables BUT their vegetables always have the pesticide smell and are always not cooked well... if only they boil it for another 5 min it will be cooked. Such a waste. I'll usu throw it away and cook my own. They have quite a few exotic and nice dishes but there are 2 particular dishes that I will discard every time. Their sliced meat with chili and sliced meat with soy. The meat are like rubber and the chili dishes are always spoilt when it arrived at my place. It's been 1.5 years already.. I think I'd like to try other caterers coz they refuses to listen to feedback and it's not worth me just eating 1 dish every time and discarding the rest.

Btw is it ok to still eat the food even when the food label says I should not eat after say 730pm? They deliver only at 7pm leh...

totorodino
Expensive may not be good too. I still experience all the same problem. Food that turn bad, late delivery and even 1 driver who just left the food on the floor without informing me. When I feedback, they say it's misunderstanding. No apology at all.

Hi baby_mummy,

I have tried mom's cooking too. Ex. of all but still don't find it worthwhile for the dishes. After 2nd month, I grew sick of the food. Honestly speaking, tingkat dishes r always the same. Veg not fresh. I also tend to throw away very often cos inedible to me. Neo garden food is nice to me but portion too stingy & often give v cheapo dishes. The last tingkat I had tried was vegetarian tingkat cos I had turned into a vegetarian now. :)

Usually they will stick a label & state - Best to consume before 8pm or something. Usually I will heat up if close to 7pm by the time I consume. Else food is cold & taste uhhh.. Yucks! Home cooked food is still the best ..

judy_Isk ya usually some would have turned bad. Smart move to reheat first!
Hehe yes! After so long, we are indeed bored of the food! I wanted to try empire & neo but they do not deliver to my side.
Yes, home cooked the best.. but really not much time to cook. Would rather spend the time cooking in kitchen on my children!

Anyone has more suggestions? I tried contacting Preparazzi. Menu looks great... but they say tingkat biz suspended... I wonder why.

I just tried Kim's kitchen for 10 days, and I do not wish to continue further.. their customer service is good, but food is very salty and oily. The portion is ok, but they serve luncheon meat on some days.

Prior to Kim's kitchen, I was using First Cuisine. Their food is quite tasty, and portion is big too. The only problem is their delivery is unreliable. Sometimes food come, sometimes doesn't. Sometimes come on the wrong day. Anyway they have stopped their tingkat services already.. FYI. Otherwise I would still continue ordering from them.

Hi All

After reading thru pages by pages and noticed so many different thingkat catering,really duno which is good.All have pros and cons
However have shortlist city gourment.Any one can give me feedbacks for this catering? how is their food?
I have been ordering from meihao99 since july till now.Getting bored of the dishes ,a bit oily,food was generous thou for 2 pax.
the meat dishes is very hard.
would appreciate mummies who have tried city gourmet to give me some feedbacks.
thanks

Please do not order from Jessie Catering!!! Their food is oily, u could see oil floating above, taste like very cheap dishes, alternate days of repeated food. Eg. monday veggie same as wednesday veggie just that monday is slices 一片, wednesday thin slice 一丝 of a kind. 3 dishes meaning 1 meat, 1 veggie and 1 side dish. Side dish like hotdogs with bake beans (can food and frozen food!), fried wanton 2 pcs only, fried shrimp balls also 2 pcs. To me they are frozen food like nuggets hotdogs etc. The veggies they gave me most of it were the stem!!!! I think they keep the leaves to feed their chickens and pigs!! :( 5 days trial with rice is $50!!! Food was cold when i received at 12pm.

Some pictures to show my LUNCH. There is no lunch menu, their lunch really sucks.
20131104_124233.jpg

20131106_124148.jpg

Black waton!

20131106_124126.jpg

Am i eating stems or veggies???

20131105_122636.jpg

Hotdogs with baked beans and oily chicken wing. look at the floating oil!
20131106_124132.jpg

For vegetarian tingkat, can try Yuan Xin. They don't add msg but do note that mock meat itself contained msg (tho not all).

hi mummies

any one know which caterer deliver eunos / ubi areas?
I have checked with a few,none has deliver that areas.

thanks

Catered from Ronnie Kitchen in January 2015, my comment is Ronnie Kitchen put a lot of MSG into their food, the dishes and soup are very salty. My whole family felt thirsty after eating.

Hi ladies,

Another thing to share... Just now i wen to my ah ma house, than she told me the neighbour recommend this lady to her, she use to be a confinement lady and now she switch to cooking for ladies like us who are going to go into IVF, in the process of IVF and after IVF, be it successful or not... And heard she is quite good...As now im ordering from Kim's Kitchen till 18 Nov i think i will switch to her instead cause she caters to our needs..

What she does is when you order tell her which stage of treatment you are at and she will prepare the meals accordingly for you...The price is quite reasonable also its $280 for 2 pax and will send to your house also..Oh she also cook dishes good for our DH..heehee..

I think i will switch to her because she will know what we need most and furthermore no need to scared got msg and guaranteed nutritious food hor...

If anyone interested to order PM me and i pass you the contact cause think she only accept few orders a month only.
Hi Mommy, pls pm me her contact no. TIA.

How is the food like??
And is it good if I were to order for my kids to eat as I have no time to do cooking after work?
Is it like home cook food??
Is it nutritious??
Or full of MSG???

Sorry if I sound stupid..
But I dun wish to expose my kids to those 'junk' food...

i dont know leh but i used to have a neighbour who order these, its convenient yes but hang outside the house then like not fresh by the time you come home. from what i saw is like home cooked stuff not too oily

Hi mummies, just to share abt this online catering pasta that delivery to residential areas. V delicious n healthy pasta as they used fresh herbs and ingredients for their homemade sauce. Many good reviews too. Worth a try mamas. You can check them out on ig and fb. @lepastagirl

Back