The Forum Has Been Migrated

Hi there,
Super love all the added features to the forum! Compliments compliments! ;)

Am just wondering if there's any settings to set the threads to always show the most updated post instead of starting from
pg 1 when open. Pls advise~ :p

Thanks!

When you read a thread when you are logged-in to your account, the system will "remember" where you last read. So in the beginning, when it is still learning your history, it'll start on the first page of the thread, but in future, it'll start where you last stopped.

For the questions pertaining to usernames, we are investigating. We'll respond to each query accordingly when we can. Thank you.

Hi,

is it possible to sticky some threads so that we do not need to be browsing every page to find them?

For example: those monthly threads in yearly segments.
like (2013/01) Jan 2013, (2013/02) Feb 2013, Etc ...

You can click on "watch threads" which is available near the top right corner of each individual thread. That way, you can click on your personal subscribed lists "Watched Threads" that is available on the navigation bar and all the threads you would like to follow will be there.

Navigation bar:

watched-thread.png

The posting of table is quite tough, have to remember to

To set a column, you type "|", the pipe key.

To start a new row, you type "\", the back-slash key.

i do halfway, i give up..too confusing!

Hi

I'm totally lost in this new platform :( Is there any PM function in this new format ? or how to change my password ?:(:( Is there any "help function" to guide us along ?

Please help !!

Hi

I'm totally lost in this new platform :( Is there any PM function in this new format ? or how to change my password ?:(:( Is there any "help function" to guide us along ?

Please help !!

You can click on your username and there is an setting option on the left for you to change your password.

I also prefer the one page view...so hard to find the thread...have to keep on clicking the page no...so troublesome..pls bring back the old platform..

Reactions: nqt
Hi,

Why is there no corresponding notification on our email if there is a new post on our thread?

Prefers the previous forum one page view that saves us the time to see everything at a glance.....

I am trying to work my way around the forum & my threads. Gosh, it is tedious & time consuming!

i) Posting a simple table is now a "cross breed" of \ & |. Hard to remember which is what & it takes too much time. Can we have a simple Copy-&-paste type of feature only?
ii) Colours used to be \{} only. Now I need to remember a long code such as & . Can we have a simple "Font/Colour" box like our MS word/excel?
iii) Yes, I like the new "Edit Thread" function, but can we also have an option to Delete our own thread too?
iv) What is the purpose of "More Options" if not to help us to expand our selection tools in using this thread?
v) I had about 10,600+ posts before the migration; this figure was reduced to 8000+ after the new site is up.
vi) Pagenation of the Latest thread in the front page is easy on the eyes. Why are we made to view historical data since those posts are long past?

While I applaud the time & effort spent on this upgrade, user functionality was overlooked in this whole scope of creating an "aesthetically appealing look & feel". I reckon it is impossible to revert to the old platform. I will be grateful if the Administrator could review & enhance some of these inconvenient features so that we can continue to spree merrily!

SingaporeMotherhood's official colours are in the red and pink colour family. That's why some of the texts are in red/pink family. However, the text in a message is still black. You may like to add a picture to your avatar, the red may appear less obvious after that. We'll try with this new colour theme first and we'll see how it goes.
Hi Chin leng,

Thanks for the reply. I really hope the admins will consider changing the theme as too much red and pink no only straining the eyes but also make the forum looks angry and loud especially on those main pages. But again, it's just my own perception.

Cheers,
wenwen

Reactions: nqt
Hi chin leng,

I have posted almost 600 messages in the old forum but it shows only as 49 messages here....please help...:(

I have sent you an email regarding the missing of tool bar
already enable the rich text editor in settings but the tool bar didn't appear on my desk top
I see it on my hp though
is it my computer settings?
seriously need to get used to the new look but really prefer the old cos just need to scroll down to see everything
now breaking into so many pages, too tedious :(

Kinda good that you have finally upgraded though I feel it's too complicated. In the past we could easily search for stuff in WTB/WTS threads at a glance. Now there are a whole lot of confusing things like trophies and likes. Similarly my 1000 posts have been reduced to 200 posts. Haven't tried posting in WTS yet but my old posts are there.

With the newly added features, are we able to delete old threads??? It was clogging up the WTB/WTS pages previously cos threads couldn't be deleted. Now, I can edit the title and add in the words "Thread Closed". But isn't there a way we could just delete rather than leave it hanging around???

Hi Chin Leng,

Is there corresponding notification to our email if there is a new post on our thread?

How to go about it?

Btw my posting also have been reduced. Tks

Agree with most mummies frustrations here:

The new format of forum is not viewing friendly now. It takes more effort and time to search and browse thru all threads and post.

And there is not any corresponding notification to our email for every posting/thread we made?
as such there is no way i can respond fast even i do have a smartphone with me as i do not receive notifications at all in my email inbox.
yes i know it can be found on the "alerts" but it is really tedious to keep logging into the website to check?
can you pls link up this to our email accounts for the notification like the previous plaftform?

I like to understand under the icon (more options), it gives two options:
Watch this thread (which is default selected)
and receive email notifications - if i also select on this, where do i see the email notifications?
I tried on this with many of my post, but i do not see this function being activated?

Previously to PM someone, now the system replace as "start a conversation"?
Even i start a conversation, I hope to receive an email notification (as a sender) just like the PM function works in the past. Can you pls link up?

I think the trophy points is to show how trustworthy is a member? But then, like many of us, what we have posted in the old forum, the total number of posts were reduced vastly when we migrated to this new forum. So the trophy thingy does not work for us, at least it doesn't work for me. I got reduced to 100+ posts from e original 1k plus posts. If I wanna spree, I would think twice of spreeing from someone who has "little posts" here. So this is really frustrating and I'm still not hearing anything from Admin. I think he is just swamped with the enquiries...

Hi all,

In the previous system, the total posts refers to the number of posts you've made.

In the current system, the total posts refers to the number of messages currently still in the forum. For example, if you've made 10 messages in total and after some time, 2 of your messages have been deleted, in total, you total posts will be 8.

I hope that clarifies.

Hi chinleng, thanks for the clarification. But can't we have the same as the old system for the number of posts?

Hi admin,

I am not able to upload picture, but using phone is fine.
Is it IE 9.0 not supported for this function?

Thanks.

can i know how can we upload exel table ? the old forum format allow us to upload but current format either i cannot find or do not have :(

Dear chinleng,

My username has been changed by the system upon migration. Babyblues is not my username. Please assist how to go about changing to my original username. my email's [email protected]
Hi BabyBlues, we've changed your username to Babyjosh. In the old forum system, you had 2 accounts with the same email address and the migration will choose one of it to migrate.

Hi Chin Leng,

I have somebody started a conversation with me. I can read but I couldn't reply her. There's no reply button I can click. Can advise please? Thks...

Hi,

My user 'Happy beanie' who is the creator of follwing thread http://singaporemotherhood.com/foru...-toy-stroller-strap-pacifier-clip-strap.7098/ is unable reset password. And also state no such user. Can i know why is this happening?

Please kindly restore back user 'happy beanie' ............
I've updated your username to "happy beanie". You had 2 usernames with the same email address in the previous forum. During migration, the system will choose the username that was registered earlier as the username for migration.

Hi Chin Leng,

I emailed you awhile back but just in case you are swamped with emails.
My username was Mbb, now its Bbm.
Please advise how to revert to old username.
I was a member since 2006, current status is new member.
Please contact me at [email protected]
In the old forum, you had 2 user accounts registered with the same email address, "Bbm" and "Mbb2". We'll update your username to Mbb2.

Hi Moderator,

This new forum software, do members get notifications in their email when there is a new post in threads where they are active?

I notice people posting, but there's no email sent to my email add...
You'll need to subscribe the threads if you would like to receive email notifications. To subscribe to a thread, go to the thread, near the top right corner, click on "watch thread" to subscribe.

hi Chin Leng,

I've done "watch thread" yesterday, but did not receive any email notifications.
help?!

hi Chin Leng,

I've done "watch thread" yesterday, but did not receive any email notifications.
help?!

Please "Unwatch Thread" and try again. You'll need to select "and received email notifications".

watch-thread-email.png

Still can't. :(
There is a loading sign on the top right corner, but never shows anything. Keep loading only..
Anyway, thanks.
Please perform a hard refresh of your browser on that page. This is done by pressing the keys:

control + F5

or

control + shift + R

If it still can't work, you may like to try other browser like Chrome or Firefox.

chinleng, regarding the number of posts.... I think u mentioned that the threads for 2011 mums were not able to port over... I think my bulk of posts is there... so in this case, what can I do?

Hi,
I still did not receive any email notification despite clicking the Watch this thread with email notification. Pls advise

Hi Chin Leng,

I encountered pro... help.
My email add: [email protected]
Nick: tlsckt (Mum)
But the system prompt me username: humptydumpty.
Can revert back to under tlsckt nick.

Thanks!
You had 2 accounts registered in the same email address. That's why your username became the earlier registered account. I've updated your username for you.

Hi chin leng
I remembered I have about 170+ messages posted on this forum. Why is only 59 posts now ?
What's the purpose of points awarded ? New features ?
In the previous system, the total posts refers to the number of posts you've made.

In the current system, the total posts refers to the number of messages currently still in the forum. For example, if you've made 10 messages in total and after some time, 2 of your messages have been deleted, in total, you total posts will be 8.

I hope that clarifies.

With regards to the points awarded, it is a feature of the new forum which we currently have no use for it yet.

Hi chinleng,

Now with the forum had been mirgrated, I guess you will receive more questions than old time.

I have same question as some of the members here. I wld like to ask as follow:

1) Once we requested for new password, does that mean we are new members?

2) I have joined SMH since 2005 n I definitely got lot more messages posted than just 91. If I only got 91 posts, am I able to post message in Overseas site or BP thread?

Thanks
Katherine

1. When the system was migrated, all members status have been defaulted to "New Member". Once you've login to your account, your member status will be recalculated to reflect the updated status.

2. In the previous system, the total posts refers to the number of posts you've made. In the current system, the total posts refers to the number of messages currently still in the forum. For example, if you've made 10 messages in total and after some time, 2 of your messages have been deleted, in total, you total posts will be 8. Yes, you'll still be able to post in Overseas site and BP thread.

Back