The Forum Has Been Migrated

To check your postings, you can click on your own name to access your public profile page. On that page, there is a tab labelled "Postings". Click on that and it'll show you your recent postings.

I've checked and there weren't any recent postings by you at the Free Items Only section. If you "preview", you still need to press "Post Reply" to post your message.

Good morning Chin Leng,
Yes, you are right! I do not have any postings at Free Items because I forgot to tell you I could not complete the thread having not know what action to take next.
1 other question.. How do I delete my posting if I decide not to put up the thread just yet?

Thank you:)

Hi Chin Leng,

May I know how many conversation can we store in our inbox?

Unlike the previous platform, the PM can go directly to our email inbox and we can manage by ourself either to keep or delete the message. If there is a limited conversation or PM that we can store in the conversation page, then we might lost some info or contacts that we might want to keep for future... :(

Kindly advise!
Many thanks! :)

Hello,
some how i still prefer the old look and feel. Previous forum, we can have the whole view in 1 page, now we need to navigate page by page...

Sorry, now I want to rant further. I use to go to BP thread and purchase things very often there. But now, it's so difficult to navigate and look for the thread. And for BP organizers, visibility of their own BP thread is lower now. Your page gets pushed back very often to sub thread if there is no "activities". Though this new forum provides fancy and powerful features, actually, what the forumers need is just simple and easy to use features and a bird's eye view to a particular thread in 1 page. We don't need fanciful fonts, profile pictures upload, 3D looking buttons, etc..They look very messy to my eyes ah! So many boxes, so many colors, so many fonts!

Sorry to say this Chin Leng and team. I know this migration project to the new look and feel is not an easy task, but seriously somehow it's really difficult for me to appreciate it. :( I guess i will need to spend considerable amount of time to truly learn the added powerful functions and features to appreciate it. But the problem is as a full time working mother with 3 kids, really no time ah...

i am a seller and have posted a number of post over the few year but now am a new member.

may i know where to see the tool to upload like change colour/size ... intending to start a new bp soon but seems like everything is not easy...

anyway thanks for the hard work in the new site .. looks pretty but not easy to manage...

Hi, Chin Leng

can you advise how do I scroll up from the last posting to the 1st posting at one click on my iphone? Used to have a "up" and "down" arrow but not I can't seems to find it and when I wanna check if there's any new posting on my thread, I've to manually slide up to refresh the page and slide down.. Very time consuming... Thanks

Hi, Chin Leng

can you advise how do I scroll up from the last posting to the 1st posting at one click on my iphone? Used to have a "up" and "down" arrow but not I can't seems to find it and when I wanna check if there's any new posting on my thread, I've to manually slide up to refresh the page and slide down.. Very time consuming... Thanks
If you are using an iOS device like iPhone or iPad, you can touch the top black bar, where it shows the signal strength, time and battery life, the page will scroll all the way back to the top.

scroll-up.png

old version search function seem easier to use...
new version search function any guideline on the function??
The search function is similar to our previous forum. You can search by text, subject and postings made by members. You can also restrict your results by date. Just play around a bit and you'll get the hang of it.

Hi chinleng

just want to share.

Many tks for great effort for this migration. lots of new functions

just 1 thing I feel a bit unhappy with it

I was a senior member ( hv about 18k posts in total) now I become a new member. I feel it's a bit frustrated with this new system and rating. :(

im sure many organisers like me. they put lots of effort to build up this. hope u can look into this matter.

tks
When the system is migrated, all accounts will be defaulted to "New Member" status. After you've logged-in to your account, the system will do a recalculation and your member status will be updated accordingly. As I've explained in some earlier messages, in the old system, if you've made 10 messages, the system will record that you've made 10 messages. As your activity seemed to focus in Bulk Purchase section which we have regularly removed the expired threads, so when we performed the migration, these messages that you made in the expired and deleted Bulk Purchase threads, were not there to be migrated. So your message count will reflect the number of messages you currently have in this new forum.

Hi, Chin Leng

Thank you for your prompt reply. Yes, I've managed to scroll up quickly. Sorry, how about how to scroll down with one click then?

HI CHIN LENG,
I have so call have this thread 'watched'. But I only received only 1 email notification. The rest of the posting, I don't get.
And for my own thread, I don't get any notification thru email at all. PLS advise. Tks

And will be be able to change my nickname to TKTOTTS, previously I was known by my spreeists by the last name: Twinkletotts (TKTOTTS)
Your username has been updated.

Hi Chin Leng,

May I know how many conversation can we store in our inbox?

Unlike the previous platform, the PM can go directly to our email inbox and we can manage by ourself either to keep or delete the message. If there is a limited conversation or PM that we can store in the conversation page, then we might lost some info or contacts that we might want to keep for future... :(

Kindly advise!
Many thanks! :)
There isn't a limit.

i am a seller and have posted a number of post over the few year but now am a new member.

may i know where to see the tool to upload like change colour/size ... intending to start a new bp soon but seems like everything is not easy...

anyway thanks for the hard work in the new site .. looks pretty but not easy to manage...
For changing colour, fonts, size and upload images, the functions are all available on the tool bar that look like this:

message-input.png

The icons and their functionalities are similar to most word processing software and online input tool bar.

Hi, Chin Leng

Thank you for your prompt reply. Yes, I've managed to scroll up quickly. Sorry, how about how to scroll down with one click then?
When you are on the forum's threads listing page, you tap on the time, in this case, "2 minutes ago", which is on the right column, it'll bring you to the last message immediately:

last-post.png

Chin Leng,
Is there a sorting feature on the title bar of Bulk Purchase? I click on the column "Views". the page refreshed and get sorted somehow. It looked as if it's sorted with the highest or lowest views but not that accurate. Just wondering if there's a bug or something..

hi Chinling

i'm not able to receive any alerts via my email for postings made to my thread. I have checked all my alert boxes in my profile. can you help?

Long time did not login and was surprised to see that everything changed.

The new look was great. :) At least, I can put a smiley STAR now! Hahaha... :p

But is it possible to allow the last 24 hours like we used to have? Now, I need to go topic by topic to view for "new topics"...

Nevertheless, Mod, thanks for the hard work. :)

Chin Leng
Just read the number of posts record.

1. If a thread is removed, does that meant all my "posts records" will be remove? Eg, if I post a message in BP and have 11 posts. Once the BP is closed and deleleted, my post records change to 10?

2. Seriously, it is abit sad to "become new member" again. What are the trophies for?

Thank You. :)

Hi Chin Leng

I finally completed and posted a Thread at Free Items but like mummycents, I am still not receiving any email alerts or notification update (as it was formerly known) of my own thread.

I have started receiving PM conversations for this same thread.

Pls help?

Hi ChinLeng,
Is it possible to close the picture upload popup box automatically once the picture is uploaded to the message as it will make uploading pictures more easier when we are uploading more pictures.(if the popup box is closed and we click browse button it will go to previous uploaded folder ,else it will goto the default folder in the computer making us go all the way again to same folder).Tks

Agree with most mummies frustrations here:

The new format of forum is not viewing friendly now. It takes more effort and time to search and browse thru all threads and post.

And there is not any corresponding notification to our email for every posting/thread we made?
as such there is no way i can respond fast even i do have a smartphone with me as i do not receive notifications at all in my email inbox.
yes i know it can be found on the "alerts" but it is really tedious to keep logging into the website to check?
can you pls link up this to our email accounts for the notification like the previous plaftform?

I like to understand under the icon (more options), it gives two options:
Watch this thread (which is default selected)
and receive email notifications - if i also select on this, where do i see the email notifications?
I tried on this with many of my post, but i do not see this function being activated?

Previously to PM someone, now the system replace as "start a conversation"?
Even i start a conversation, I hope to receive an email notification (as a sender) just like the PM function works in the past. Can you pls link up?

Hi Chin Leng, can address on my above queries?

how to use the 'link' button?
I am trying to add a url link to this word "Click here"
pls advise how to, thank you

hi Chin Leng
I have same problems as the mummies here. I joined since 2008 and definitely have more than 35 messages! I think is because most of my posts are in 2011. Now when I logged in, it prompted me to change password and here I am become a 'New Member' with only 35 posts.
Anyway, what I want to know is will the number of post affect my posting in any of the forum here? eg: overseas spree as I remember clearly previously there is restrictions on this.

Please reply me at [email protected], thanks.
Ok, replied to you in email.

Every formatting function is now available on the tool bar and it works like word processing software:

message-input.png

Read our FAQ here on how to upload an image.

Chin Leng,
Is there a sorting feature on the title bar of Bulk Purchase? I click on the column "Views". the page refreshed and get sorted somehow. It looked as if it's sorted with the highest or lowest views but not that accurate. Just wondering if there's a bug or something..
There are 2 numbers in the same column. The number on the higher elevation is the number of messages or replies. The number below it will be the number of views. There can be 10 messages but 200 views. When you click on "Views", the numbers will be sorted according the the number that is below the "Replies" numbers.

views-replies-counts.png

hi Chinling

i'm not able to receive any alerts via my email for postings made to my thread. I have checked all my alert boxes in my profile. can you help?
Alerts are different from email notifications. Alerts will appear as a small number on the top right corner of the forum as the image below:

alerts.png

Depending on the setting of your preferences, it can be set to notify yo a lot of things when you login to your account and visit the forum. The things you can set to receive alerts are as the image below:

alert-preferences.png

Long time did not login and was surprised to see that everything changed.

The new look was great. :) At least, I can put a smiley STAR now! Hahaha... :p

But is it possible to allow the last 24 hours like we used to have? Now, I need to go topic by topic to view for "new topics"...

Nevertheless, Mod, thanks for the hard work. :)

We'll try to bring it back...

Chin Leng
Just read the number of posts record.

1. If a thread is removed, does that meant all my "posts records" will be remove? Eg, if I post a message in BP and have 11 posts. Once the BP is closed and deleleted, my post records change to 10?

2. Seriously, it is abit sad to "become new member" again. What are the trophies for?

Thank You. :)

1. Correct.

2. It is just a feature in the forum which we've not decided it to be used in anyway yet.

Hi Chin Leng

I finally completed and posted a Thread at Free Items but like mummycents, I am still not receiving any email alerts or notification update (as it was formerly known) of my own thread.

I have started receiving PM conversations for this same thread.

Pls help?
Did you "watch thread"?

Hi ChinLeng,
Is it possible to close the picture upload popup box automatically once the picture is uploaded to the message as it will make uploading pictures more easier when we are uploading more pictures.(if the popup box is closed and we click browse button it will go to previous uploaded folder ,else it will goto the default folder in the computer making us go all the way again to same folder).Tks
Which browser are you using? I'm using Chrome and the "Upload a File" functions exactly the way you want it to be.

Agree with most mummies frustrations here:

The new format of forum is not viewing friendly now. It takes more effort and time to search and browse thru all threads and post.

And there is not any corresponding notification to our email for every posting/thread we made?
as such there is no way i can respond fast even i do have a smartphone with me as i do not receive notifications at all in my email inbox.
yes i know it can be found on the "alerts" but it is really tedious to keep logging into the website to check?
can you pls link up this to our email accounts for the notification like the previous plaftform?

I like to understand under the icon (more options), it gives two options:
Watch this thread (which is default selected)
and receive email notifications - if i also select on this, where do i see the email notifications?
I tried on this with many of my post, but i do not see this function being activated?

Previously to PM someone, now the system replace as "start a conversation"?
Even i start a conversation, I hope to receive an email notification (as a sender) just like the PM function works in the past. Can you pls link up?
To received email notifications, you'll need to "watch thread" and enable "receive email notifications. The FAQ has a guide on this: http://singaporemotherhood.com/forum/threads/faq-on-using-the-new-forum.21478/

We'll be releasing a SingaporeMotherhood forum iOS and Android app soon. By tapping on the app, you'll be logined and you'll receive alerts from the app when there are new postings in threads which you follow.

Email notifications will be sent to your email address attached to your account. When you start a conversation, you won't receive an email notification with your own message. But when someone responds to your conversation, you'll receive an email.

how to use the 'link' button?
I am trying to add a url link to this word "Click here"
pls advise how to, thank you
Highlight the words that you want to link. In your example, highlight the words "Click here" and add the link by clicking the link button
link-button.png
and type your url in the pop-up window.

Did you "watch thread"?

I just visited my threads to ensure that I have already "watch thread" and I also BUMP for one of the threads, yet still no update in my email Inbox.

This "Autism, ADHD, ADD etc - Support Group" is the only thread I have since been receiving regular email updates.

Hv I not followed the instructions correctly, or have I erred somewhere?

Also, I understand members cannot delete threads. While prepping to post a thread I decide to do it later, how do I make an Edit (delete all the contents actually) so I could cancel the preparation altogether?
In the old format, all one needed to do was to Cancel Post.

Thanks for reply, Chin Leng.

Last edited:
I just visited my threads to ensure that I have already "watch thread" and I also BUMP for one of the threads, yet still no update in my email Inbox.

This "Autism, ADHD, ADD etc - Support Group" is the only thread I have since been receiving regular email updates.

Hv I not followed the instructions correctly, or have I erred somewhere?

Also, I understand members cannot delete threads. While prepping to post a thread I decide to do it later, how do I make an Edit (delete all the contents actually) so I could cancel the preparation altogether?
In the old format, all one needed to do was to Cancel Post.

Thanks for reply, Chin Leng.
You wont' receive email notifications when you are the one who post the messages. You'll only receive email notifications on posts made by other users.

If you are not ready to post, just don't press on the "Post Reply" button. This forum has an auto-save draft function. Your draft will be saved for 24 hours. After that, it'll be discarded if you don't post it. If you want to delete your draft immediately, just ctrl-A and press delete.

You wont' receive email notifications when you are the one who post the messages. You'll only receive email notifications on posts made by other users.

If you are not ready to post, just don't press on the "Post Reply" button. This forum has an auto-save draft function. Your draft will be saved for 24 hours. After that, it'll be discarded if you don't post it. If you want to delete your draft immediately, just ctrl-A and press delete.

Hi, that was very quick!
Only now I am receiving two email notifications..this thread and the one I had mentioned earlier.
With all that I had done accordingly, I figured this new formatted forum will not send email notification when I am the one who post the messages. That is why, I also did not receive my post which I replied to a BP thread.

How then does 1 monitor their own threads in the most convenient manner, if 1 can only do so by logging into this forum and lookout for alerts?

Perhaps you could consider the old format which I think others would agree brings more convenience esp when 1 may just access into their mobile phones for instance.

I do not have that priviledge actually, but daily loggin into internet with my home PC is also not convenient unless I have the time.

Thank you!

Hi
I agree with Miracle_bebe.
It is very inconvenient to locate own thread.
I am going to start a BP thread next Monday, hope this issue will be resolved by then.

For the onversation, I noticed that I can only receive the other party message in my mailbox, I do not see my reply in my mailbox.
It is very inconvenient, I need to log in to SMH every time whenever I need to check what I have replied.

And I have noticed that my number was reduced too.

Oh dear, I really have problem looking for the thread I want. Previously, when I did a search on "ralph lauren" title for example, I could see each title lined up neatly (all post under one lot). Now with the new format, I am seeing every single post per line, some duplicates. Its so confusing and time consuming.

Anyone figure out the short cut or if there is one?

Oh dear, I really have problem looking for the thread I want. Previously, when I did a search on "ralph lauren" title for example, I could see each title lined up neatly (all post under one lot). Now with the new format, I am seeing every single post per line, some duplicates. Its so confusing and time consuming.

Anyone figure out the short cut or if there is one?
If you are in "Want to Sell" section and looking for Ralph Lauren, I would suggest ticking "Search titles only", similar to the image below. You must ensure that you are in the "Want to Sell" section, then you'll limit your search to "Want to Sell" category and you would get more accurate results.

search-keywords.png

If you are in the main forum section and you didn't limit your to "titles" only, you'll be search the whole forum including the text of the messages. Then you'll definitely get a large number of results that match your criteria.

Ching: I hope to have the function where each time there is new messages to the subscribed forum/threads, the board can email me regardless I post reply. Right now, only after I post in the subscribed forum/threads, then I get that 1 time new email on the next message after my posting and no more. The repeated emails regardless of posting replies helps to keep abreast of discussion. Thanks.

Back