TCM for Trying to conceive

Ginseng

Hi, BlessAngel , you can go to do research about physician Tan Hun Hun at Orchard Plaza .She has written articles and magazines and has appeared on TV show before.

Alittlerainbow

Did you go for this tcm?
Yes after my MC, I went there to get myself checked as I lost a lot of blood. Took approx 3 month of tcm med and I stopped as dr su said I’m good to go. Tried for a month and I successfully conceived.

Not sure is it because of the med but I think no harm trying?

My family and friends also went to consult her for fertility and other health issues! They really think the med helps to improve their health.

BlessAngel

Yes after my MC, I went there to get myself checked as I lost a lot of blood. Took approx 3 month of tcm med and I stopped as dr su said I’m good to go. Tried for a month and I successfully conceived.

Not sure is it because of the med but I think no harm trying?

My family and friends also went to consult her for fertility and other health issues! They really think the med helps to improve their health.

I have blockage in my left side Fallopian tube after gg for HSG test so I’m not sure if tcm can help. I went for the ban Choon Wah for 6 months and dr didn’t tell me that I have blockage.

carebearrocks

Hi, if you haven't found one can try Ma Meng Yin
Procell Biomed Pte Ltd 博生医院 is a TCM (Traditional Chinese Medicine) Clinic in Chinatown, Singapore

I was recommended by a group of friends who went to her and managed to clear some existing issues and conceived. I only went to her for about 1-2 months and happen to conceive already so not sure if the TCM medicine played a part but still positive outcome :)

reis_135

Hi carebearrocks, can I check if Dr Ma Meng Yin performs acupuncture in addition to prescribing herbal medication?

I've been seeing Dr. Cao Bei 曹蓓 from Yisheng TCM (#07-07 International Building, 360 Orchard Rd) for a few months now, but due to my really bad experience, I have decided to change TCM doctors.

We were considering trying SO-IUI (with injectable FSH) and our doctor at KKH advised me to stop taking the TCM herbal medication prescribed by Dr Cao as we were unable to produce the ingredient list for the doctor's review. My husband agreed with KKH doctors. Undeterred, I decided to seek Dr Cao's advice as well, given that she prescribed these herbs, and thus would be in the best position to advise on this matter.

Lo and behold, what was supposed to be a consultation, seeking of professional advice, turned into a very nasty affair. Dr Cao took great offense at the fact that I would consider stopping her herbal medication while undergoing IUI, and for heeding the Western Doctor's advice.

She first started by listing down all the issues that TCM is good for, and asked me to Google for these evidence. She then pointed out that Western Doctors always looks down on TCM. She then proceeded to lecture me and said that I was "ignorant", and if I had "done a simple Google search, I wouldn't be here asking her about this matter of whether TCM medications will interfere with IUI injections". (To this, I countered politely, isn't it best to seek professional advice than to read about it online?) She then went on and said that I should have thought of all these BEFORE coming to see a TCM, and "if I didn't believe in it, why am I here in the first place?" This entire lecture ended with her saying, and I quote, "Western doctors should just **** off." (Needless to say, at this point, I was shocked beyond words)

And because I'd mentioned that my husband had agreed with KKH's advice, Dr Cao then went on to ask "how tall is your husband, he's not much taller, is he?" (of which its relevance escapes me) ; when I answered "no, hes quite tall, x foot." ; she snarkily replied "that's not much taller than you isn't it?" (again, relevance of which escapes me).

Following that, she went on to dissect our marriage, pointing out that there are two types of husbands in the world, one that is supportive and comes with you for every clinic visit, and the other that is none of the above. She says she's observed these, and it should be clear to me which bracket my husband belonged to.

This was then followed by her concluding sentence "Do you know - This is exactly why I do not like to see fertility patients at all."

At this point, she's done taking my pulse, and sticking needles into the acupuncture points. She looked at me pointedly and said "Based on your pulse, I can tell you are very depressed."

Having gone through half a day rushing from hospital to office to her clinic, in a bid to seek professional advice and opinion, that was the lowest point. I spent the next 20 minutes in the acupuncture room with tears streaming down my face.

I've since had time to review what happened, and I firmly believe that Dr Cao was not only unprofessional, but stepped way out of line with her insinuations, vulgarity as well as personal attacks. It's a shame that I would have to give up those few months of head-start with her but it is my firm belief that mutual respect is key to any patient-doctor relationship, and that she's shown me none.

This brings me back to square one with TCM doctors - any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Shirley88

Hi, if you haven't found one, you can visit Physician Edmund Pang at 9 Scott's Road #10-04 , Scott's medical centre. His website is www.emw.sg , can book appointment there. I saw him before and succeeded, but in his previous clinic. He is very attentive to you and have excellent bedside manners. Orchard is in central area if you don't mind