Swimming classes

Hi,

Anyone staying around Great World City/Tiong Bahru.

I am planning to get a swimming instructor to teach my kid at the pool of my apartment.

My child is in P2 this year, and I am hoping to get another 1-2 kids around her age so that it will be a group swimming lesson.
Group lesson - cheaper and more fun!!

Timing, flexible- we can discuss.
Instructor - can use her current one (from YMCA) or you may recommend.
Pool/shower - my apartment pool and shower area

does anyone know the different swimming stages/tests that the kid will progress through? just want to find out roughly ave how long to progress from one stage to the next?

Any mummies staying in Sengkang keen to form a group for kids 4 years up? I'm waiting for the completion of the new SK Sports Complex and thinking of getting mummies to form a class during one of the week day afternoon. Anybody interested? We can pool together n get an instructor for the kids.

Just to share

Mummies
Pls do not contact Alvin from www.ncap3.com.
He claimed that he had a car accident during this year CNY.
Since then, myself included some mummies have problems in contacting him in getting back the refund

I am looking for a swimming coach for my girl 6 y/o. Prefers female coach. Any recommendation for swimming coach at Jurong West Swimming Complex?

Hi mummies,
I am interested in Peter whom coach in yishun cos price is v economical & conv for me. can I hv his contact cos I wan him to coach my boy & ger whom is 4 & 2yrs old. Thanks a zillion!

hi mummies, any recommendation for swimming coaches in Yishun or Woodlands? Looking for 1 for my boy and girl 6 and 5 yrs old.

Hi Jersherm, maybe we can gather our kids for yishun or Woodlands. Hope to get Peter's contact from whomever can provide.
happy.gif

I suggest something. Go to the pool that you would like to send your kids to learn swimming, spend 30 min and observe the swimming instructors giving lessons. You should be able to find one that you are comfortable with. I frequently spend time observing other instructor teaching swimming while my kids are taking their lesson and found some insrtuctors too touchy, some always shout and scold the kids. Find the one you feel comfortable with, approach, ask and register.

The last you would want is send your kids to a coach whom he is so scared of that swimming now becomes a nightmare.

Hi bluebells,
you have a point there and i would like to give it a try one of these days. Actually currently my kids are with an instructor, but i somehow don't find her suitable.

Just hope that some mummies whose kids had gone through some good isnsructors whom can recommend to us. :p

Hi mimosa, thanks, I've checked on this about 1-2mths ago. There are just opposite my house. However, their fees are quite high compared to the normal ones, and there's a registration fees of $50 per head. I have 2 kids, hence will need to pay $100 on top of the course fees... furthermore although they claimed that their coaches are trained, I've feedback that the coaches are very young, might have problems handling kids...

anyway, really appreciate your help.
happy.gif

Hi mommies,
Just sharing...
If you don't mind having the swimming classes at the public pool, u can actually ask for namecards from any instructors who are giving lessons there. Normally during the weekends, either morning or evening. You can also see how they teach the children 1st before asking for their namecards. That's what I did when i want to find swimming instructor for my son.

Hi natellehcim,
currently I am preg with 3rd kids & hving on & off spotting..haiz..hence my hb say maybe postpone his swimming class till nex yr after I give birth in Jan. Currently my hb is v tired too cos he hv to bring my boy to berries & kumon & hv to deal with all the chores. But neverthless I am still interested in Peter whom coach in yishun stadium hence do hope to get his contact. If to no avail then maybe will hv to go down to try our luck liao..

To any mommy looking for instructor and saw my post from long long ago above... please don't PM me anymore because I have stopped giving out the isntructor's contact, as towards the end, he got erratic and kept missing/cancelling lessons and all, so we stopped when my whole family kena chicken pox.

All the best in your looking for an instructor...

any instructor to recommend for my 3.5 yr old girl? I'm looking at taking lessons at Hougang Swimming Complex on weekdays.

Hi, anyone staying in Sengkang area keen to form a group for kids 4 yr and up? thinking of sat morning around 9-9.30am at Anchorvale Sport Complex. Anybody interested? We can form a group of 4 kids to start. Anyone?

tripple_jae, I dun mind joining u for the swimming at SK swimming complex. Will pm u my HP. My son is 5yrs old this yr.

My kids coach is currently teaching at Sengkang swimming complex. They have been learning from him since young from beginner stage. Now training for NASSA Gold. His group classes are $50/mth even with 2 kids to start up (just like my case) and he will add more gradually. My kids are in one of his group class for NASSA gold. Maybe u all will want to check out his website at http://sengkangcoach.webs.com/

i recommend daniel. he teaches at queenstown swimming complex and charges $50 a mth for 1 hr class (4 times a month). so far he has handled my baby quite well for the water confidence classes and my colleages' 3 and 5 yr olds under him have learn how to swim in less than a term. 90493497 in case any mums are looking for swim instructor
happy.gif

Hi Anyone can recommend good swimming instructions must be lady, swim near yio chu kang for my 6 yrs old girl

Hi All,

Is there anyone that is forming for a group for swimming class in the east?If yes, do keep me posted.Thank you.

Rgds
Joy

Hi, I am looking for an instructor for Amber Gardens, east coast for my 3 year 4 months old son. Please contact me if you are available. let me know the rate and your available time.

hi mummies, any affordable coach at sengkang or hougang area?

The current coach is charging $140/pax, 45mins. Group of 2 toddlers. problem is he always chit chat with other coach in the pool and leave on the dot. Not very please with him.. )=

Hi. Did you try Feliz Angela Hassan? I don't know if she travels around, teaching at different zones as most of her students follow her to Delta Swimming Complex, yet no harm asking..

i recommend daniel. he teaches at queenstown swimming complex and charges $50 a mth for 1 hr class (4 times a month). so far he has handled my baby quite well for the water confidence classes and my colleages' 3 and 5 yr olds under him have learn how to swim in less than a term. 90493497 in case any mums are looking for swim instructor
happy.gif

Thank you for recommending. His rates are really affordable.

Hi mummies, looking for swimming instructors to coach your kids during June holidays? I would highly recommend ISplash Swim School, swimminglessonscoach.com. Their rates are very affordable and my kids now are finally not scared of the water thanks for their help. You can contact Zhen Hao at 81238985 if you wish to enroll your kids.

Hi,

I'm looking for a good swimming instructor to teach my 2 girls aged 6 & 4 in Toa Payoh. Can anyone recommend? Thanks!

I am looking for a swimming coach to teach my 7 yrs old boy around tiong bahru. Any good swimming instructors to recommend ?

Back