suspected first pregnancy advice needed. TIA

vamosryan

Hi All,

I am asking a very 'KNS' question. Please forgive me if I offend anyone.

my wife and I are suspecting a pregnancy. Did the kit test Last sunday and last night and both are positive.

So now trying to engage a cheap and good gynae (cheapo question) to confirm.

We stay in punggol and are moving to Canberra (sembawang) in Q3 of 2018.
Any recommendation for Cheap and Good Gynae. (please dont scold me)

Didnt expect this to happen as we been trying since 2012. so we bought an EC earlier as well. THats why I want Cheap and good Gynae, (please dont scold Me)

Thank you.

ur best bet is to go thru the polyclinic to get a referral to be a sub patient at the govt hospital.

Any private gynae first consultation will cost u around $150-$250.

If u decide to be a sub patient, please note that docs are not the same every time and they don't scan the bb every visit also.

Really? This only apply to government hosp I guess??

yap. I am a private patient with NUH for my #1 and even then the doc don't scan me every time, of coz you can request but scans are additional charge not covered by their package.
For my #2, due to medical condition, i am with the sub clinic, they only listen to heart beat every visit and arrange for fetal scans (2-3 growth scans) that are done by sonographers. At the clinic, its usually just doc consultation and listen heartbeat unless u more high risk then they will schedule more scans for you.
I am 32wks with my #2 now and i think i only scan like 5 times till date despite me visiting the clinic nearly every 3 weeks. haha

yap. I am a private patient with NUH for my #1 and even then the doc don't scan me every time, of coz you can request but scans are additional charge not covered by their package.
For my #2, due to medical condition, i am with the sub clinic, they only listen to heart beat every visit and arrange for fetal scans (2-3 growth scans) that are done by sonographers. At the clinic, its usually just doc consultation and listen heartbeat unless u more high risk then they will schedule more scans for you.
I am 32wks with my #2 now and i think i only scan like 5 times till date despite me visiting the clinic nearly every 3 weeks. haha

What?! I got scan every check up but is normal scan, doc will see how big is the baby, where is baby’s head etc..

I went to check up every two weeks in first trimester(or first two mths), then 3weeks once, then every week in last few weeks..

Got one time at my last trimester, doc suspected I got contraction, asked me to go to hosp for detail check the next day, then went to hosp n see me from his clinic too.. and everything are foc, i didn’t pay anything... I was quite surprised as I thought it must be quite ex with all the machines n checking..

since now u still in punngol, u can try Dr phua at Kovan. I have 2 pregnancy with him, pretty cost effective ; he delivery at Thomsan and Mt.A

Hi All,

my wife and I are suspecting a pregnancy. Did the kit test Last sunday and last night and both are positive.

Didnt expect this to happen as we been trying since 2012. so we bought an EC earlier as well. THats why I want Cheap and good Gynae, (please dont scold Me)

Thank you.

Agree with @sunflower307 , go to Poly and get referral letter. It's better. and don't bother to go to TMC or any other hospital if you have a budget. Just stick to KKH. If I am not wrong (found out from my sister who delivered at KKH), after deliver, there will be reimbursement for all your hospital visits also. on top of the Govt baby bonus.

Enjoy!

Agree with @sunflower307 , go to Poly and get referral letter. It's better. and don't bother to go to TMC or any other hospital if you have a budget. Just stick to KKH. If I am not wrong (found out from my sister who delivered at KKH), after deliver, there will be reimbursement for all your hospital visits also. on top of the Govt baby bonus.

Enjoy!
thanks!!!!!!!!

What?! I got scan every check up but is normal scan, doc will see how big is the baby, where is baby’s head etc..

I went to check up every two weeks in first trimester(or first two mths), then 3weeks once, then every week in last few weeks..

Got one time at my last trimester, doc suspected I got contraction, asked me to go to hosp for detail check the next day, then went to hosp n see me from his clinic too.. and everything are foc, i didn’t pay anything... I was quite surprised as I thought it must be quite ex with all the machines n checking..

Yap, for my #1, i was a private patient with NUH so the gynae did scan me frequently in my 1st tri as i am a high risk patient. but when i move to 2nd tri, my scans got lesser.

This round, knowing my previous medical condition, I went to get a referral letter and got myself into the sub high risk clinic with NUH. They scan me even lesser.. haha only the necessary growth scan by sonographer. You can request to scan if you want i guess and it will be charged accordingly.

If i do not have any medical condition, i would have gone ahead with a normal private gynae.

Are you a private patient or subsidize patient?
In 1st Tri you already went for scan every 2 weeks? are you having any issue with your pregnancy which Gynae need to check every 2wks? If me, I would never want to go. Cause it's still small and fragile, yet scanning often will disturb the baby growing. And I have no time to entertain every 2wks take leave. haha!

I'm subsidized patient for both baby, from different government hospital. Went for monthly checkup for 1st & 2nd tri. 3rd tri then we start to have more checkup to ensure baby are at right position etc.

Hi All,

Thank you.

Hi Sir,

It's not about Cheapo la.. It's about saving.. hehe!

Private patient, you pay more on every visit and also delivery wise. No government subsidize.
You get to choose your preferred Gynae and that Gynae will be yours till delivery, unless unforeseen circumstances which required other Gynae to cover.

Sub Patient, you pay lesser for every visit, government subsidize. After delivery, you can get the reimbursement amount back (depend on government hospital I think). But you don't get a specific Gynae on every visit and delivery. Any Gynae can attend to your needs. Scan wise, normal heartbeat scan monthly + gender scan.

I wanted to be private patient cause I want to be high class during this period, but Hubby said NO, so we save that extra money and spend that on our next honeymoon. And expecting another one. hahaha!!

Are you a private patient or subsidize patient?
In 1st Tri you already went for scan every 2 weeks? are you having any issue with your pregnancy which Gynae need to check every 2wks? If me, I would never want to go. Cause it's still small and fragile, yet scanning often will disturb the baby growing. And I have no time to entertain every 2wks take leave. haha!

I'm subsidized patient for both baby, from different government hospital. Went for monthly checkup for 1st & 2nd tri. 3rd tri then we start to have more checkup to ensure baby are at right position etc.

I was private patient and I don have any issue, but doc asked me to go every two weeks so I just go since got all are in the package.. and I went at night after work, so no need to take leave.. :D

Back