Survey: How many pieces of Maternity clothes do you have?

haha interesting thread hee hee i am accumulating....i have

1 pair of jeans
1 pair of black pants
1 short casual skirt
1 casual top
1 casual shrug
2 dresses

Hee Hee i have to buy more though if not within a week already repeating myself but as maternity clothes are pretty costly so have to take time to accumulate. Hee Hee.

1 pair of jeans
1 blouse
4 dresses
Just nice for 5 day work week.
happy.gif

8 dresses- all smart casual so can wear to work or casual..

1 3/4 casual pants- which i only wore a few times then stopped cos I can't tolerate pants..
2 3/4 casual berms- only for exercise and wear with hubby's tees

2 home wear pajama dresses that I never wear cos prefer to wear hubby's tees and bottoms at home
happy.gif

7 maternity bras- just nice for me
5 XL panties- maybe I should buy 2 more.. Keep running out of undies..

Hi fuchiastar
where do u get the maternity bras from and what do you mean by maternity bras? Any diffrent from our won bras? Pls enlighten....

Actually seems like buying dress is better than geting tops and bottoms to match ah ha ha :p i only got pathetic 2 dresses maybe will buy more hee hee where did u girls get the dreses from? i saw some at spring maternity but seems like have to wear cardigan over cuz all spaghetti strap one

Etelle,

Mine are from Triumph.. Not cheap.. about $30 plus for one.. Maternity bras are different from normal ones cos the material is more elastic.. They also have no cups.. I bought larger sizes normal bras too but my maternity ones are much more comfy.. You can go to the lingerie section and just ask the sames person to show you maternity bras.. They also have maternity panties but I didn't buy..
Technically can wear longer cos they can expand more.. There are other places you can get maternity bras from.. Like marks and spencer, 9 mois, perfect mum, spring maternity.. I only learnt about this from other MTB in the threads after I bought mine..

Oh.. Just FYI.. I'm about 7.5 months pregnant now.. Bought my bras 2 sizes up and 2 cups up.. Now I need to wear 1-2 bra extensions with my bras, if not the bras are too tight.. The cup size is ok though..

I buy my dresses from all over, didn''t spend more than $40 per dress.. Got from OG, TPY town centre, IMM...

I think dresses or co-ordinates are very personal.. I can't stand things at my belly so don't like wearing skirts or pants.. But then at my antenatel class... Most MTB's wear coordinates.. When I first started out buying maternity clothes, I remember telling my hubby that I may be pregnant but I don't have to look ugly in ugly maternity auntie dresses.. I was looking at all these maternity pants and halter tops that look so chic.. But my husband asked me to buy my clothes slowly and to start with dresses cos they are more comfy and he's right, I only wore the one pair of maternity pants that I bought less than 5 times and at this stage of pregnancy, comfort is the most important.. But I didn't buy maternity dresses that are very auntie lah..
happy.gif

Hi fuchiastar
thanks i din know triump also have matrnity bra so have to ask them lah...hee hee :p alrighty...hee hee i think betetr to get one or 2...if nto under wired one that i am wearing very uncomfortable...i think spring maternity i saw nursing bras leh....as for matrnity bras not sure din ask..

Yah i agree it's individual rpeference. For me i am fine with both also hee hee :p as lng as you feel comfy in it then it's okie right hee hee

I had only
1 maternity pants
1 maternity T shirt(I bought)
3 maternity T shirts(passed down)

Very few... Cos I din put on much (7kg), so just bought XL of normal clothes instead.
happy.gif

Hi Mom2nat
You ahve already delivred an thrughout your whole pregnancy you only put on 7kg??? Wow for me now into 4 months i put on 3 kg liaoz...so by the time i full term i wonder how much weight would i put on hee hee :p

Hi chen sing
you so cute...ha ha which factory outlet you went to to buy maternity stuff. I have been to factory outlet but din see maternity wear there leh..can advise advise...

hello

chen sing, 15kg is still negligible compared to me 22kg! plus my baby came out small, only 2.8kg. rest of the weight all came to mummy.

Oh dear, i read what you ladies bought and i feel TERRIBLE ....
I have countless maternity tops,
countless maternity pants / skirts / etc
8 nursing bras from mothercare
10 preggy panties
casual tops: i use the same for work
casual bottoms: 3
shoes: 3 pairs
nursing tops: at least 10
nursing dresses: 4

the only thing i dun have is preggy dresses (which i dislike even tho they are more comfortable) and preggy pyjamas.

that's what i had for my 1st pregnancy.
at the recent GSS, i blew another $1k on MORE maternity clothes even tho i am only going to start trying for baby #2 again at the end of this year!

terok terok .....
sad.gif

but but but how do u go to work wearing the same few pieces every other day???

Cody.. haha.. I wear something over my clothes when I work and people can't see what I wear underneath anyway
happy.gif
Plus I drive to work and go straight home after work.. So that's how I'm surviving on 8 dresses
happy.gif
Repeat after 1.5 weeks
happy.gif

I only started wearing my maternity clothes at 6-7 months and only wearing for about 2+ months then I'm gonna stop working so it's ok for me
happy.gif

I'm the total opposite.. Can't tolerate pants and skirts around my belly so have to wear dresses.. When I wear pants or skirts, my belly feels so so itchy (even when I apply cream) and compressed which makes me very crabby, so happier in my dresses.. To each her own
happy.gif

Hi Cody
haha maybe you are quite apparel conscious so you have to change an wear different everyday if possible. But for some people it's okie repeating as long as not within the week or for some within the week also never mind hee hee
happy.gif

For me i wanted to buy but then really expensive leh...ha ha buy a pair of peans already $76 from Spring. I only got 4 items from them and spent $250.....and there are alot of things to buy for a baby when bb's out so have to have reserves for
baby also...that's what i feel lah...

Fuchiastar
I also like wearing dresses but then ah i want to wear short dresses ha ha cuz longer dresses make me look not ncie leh...ha ah where got nice maternity dresses or good dresses dun need maternity also can
happy.gif

Etelle, my dresses are all knee length and sleeveless or spaghettl strap.. But don't buy too short cos as your belly gets bigger, the dress gets shorter!.. :p I buy from any and everywhere.. If you live bear TPY, there's this shop at the central that sells quite nice dresses that don't look "auntie" at all for about $35.. I got 2 pretty pink dresses from there
happy.gif

Fushiastar
Where is the shop at TPY that sell nice dresses?
my stock now is :-
3 pants
1 capri
5 tops
1 dress

enuf for my one week stock for work. so far havent buy any nursing/maternity bra. still wear normal underwired bras

Bulma, I can't remember the block number.. I describe for you? Then when I go down again, I look out for you?
You know the alley way where there is Bengawan Solo at TPY central? If you walk from the alley where Bengawan Solo is towards the MRT station, this is a clothing shop on the left side that is very near the traffic light/road to the carpark, almost next to the shop selling dumplings.. They sell normal and maternity clothes.. When you walk into the shop the maternity clothes are at the back half of the shop
happy.gif

Luckily I wasn't working from 4mths pregnant onwards. So didn't hv to buy that many outfits. But I still spent quite alot on maternity clothes.

I bgt:
5 capris
1 shorts
1 skirt
1 dress
5 tops
1 swimming costume
2 nursing gown
4 normal bras (bigger size)
2 nursing bras

i didn't spend alot on maternity clothes cos i can still wear my t-shirts and not look too bulky. for going out and shopping etc..i simply bought clothes 1-2 sizes larger from giordano cos they were having sale. i'm now 7 mths preggy.

i bought:
8 baby doll tops (4 same designs but in different colors)
2 capris
1 long linen pants
6 drawstring skirts from my pre-pregnancy days that i can still wear
3 shorts

only recently that i went to kiddy palace to get some proper maternity wear to wear when i'm nearing full term.

1 halter maternity sundress
2 halter tops
4 nursing bras

I've yet to buy my button down pyjamas for wearing in the hospital though. any good recommendations?
happy.gif

hi,

just wanna to share with u all. recently i just ordered from www.lovelytots.com. personally find that the quality of the items is quite good and prices are reasonable. worth taking a look at the website.
happy.gif

can last 2 weeks and re-start again

2 long pants, 1 bermuda (stretchable so can adjust when tummy gets bigger)
4 dresses (whole piece)
6 blouses

I din really start buying maternity clothes till after 1st trimester. Was wearing my normal clothes during dat time. After dat, I slowly accumulate.

I bought more coordinates than dresses and stick to normal loose tops/babydoll styles and pair with maternity pants initially. Then I started buying actual maternity tops and a few dresses cos I put on some weight and tummy got bigger.

I am already outgrowing two pairs of pants, so may end up wearing dresses in last trimester...

I can't hold a candle to a fren who oni wear these same clothes to work every week when she was preggie:

- 2 pairs of pants
- 2 maternity tops
- 1 maternity dress

ask your friends who have given birth! they'll be more than happy to share. you can also buy a bellyband so that you can continue wearing your jeans but not button and zip them. the bellyband is like a big rubberband that you wear over your bottoms

my old clothes i have agak agak:
3 t-shirts (they are normal topshop/doroty perkins t-shirts but just bigger size)
4 singlets
3 dresses
2 babydoll tops
i have zero bottoms - all borrowed from friends. so far i'm surviving with 3 skirts, 1 maternity pants, 1 pair of maternity jeans

also depends on individual la. are you ok to wear the same things week after week but just mix and match? if you are small sized you can get away with alot of non maternity wear. trick is to buy as you go along cos you cannot determine how big you will be

when will Mothers to be start wearing maternity clothes?

where to find clothes that fits a pregnant ladies yet its not considered maternity wear? i mean, do u buy size L for normal clothings?

Me still in first timester.. Already had

4 classic tees
5 dresses
Jeans and bottoms - (im still wearing mine pre-preg ones..)

If you dun like those typical obit maternity wear, can check out www.azurematernity.com.

Their clothes are designed based on normal wear which are then converted to maternity wear.. I bought 2pcs from them, one work dress and one shirt. Designs are really different from what you see outside..

Quality and customer service are really good.. It's a new shop, so not much design..

Back