Support group - Miscarriages

Btw, i manage to do some blood test in polyclinic. Cost me appx $34 with consult fee.
Such as ESR , Thyroid & ANA (Antinuclear Antibodies)

Hi ladies. I had a miscarriage last month due to Cervical Incompetence.

During my 17th-18th week pregnancy, I was having some thick greenish mucus discharge. I did not think much of it.
1 day i wiped myself after urinating and saw some blood. I rushed to the hospital immediately to check and the doc told me that I am already 2cm dilated, can see the water bag. I had to stay in the hospital for a night.

The next morning, did an ultrasound and found out that it's 4cm dilated. Doc say cannot do cerclage because water bag is near to cervix. There was nothing I can do.

At midnight (on the same day) I had some pains and felt the urge to push. Finally, out came my baby when I can no longer hold it in. I was 19 weeks pregnant.

This is my first pregnancy, conceived naturally.

I did not know anything about CI prior to this.
Please recommend me any good gynae for CI and any TCM for such issues?

I feel very guilty and thinking maybe i said or ate something wrong. Still crying from time to time....

During my 17th-18th week pregnancy, I was having some thick greenish mucus discharge. I did not think much of it.
1 day i wiped myself after urinating and saw some blood. I rushed to the hospital immediately to check and the doc told me that I am already 2cm dilated, can see the water bag. I had to stay in the hospital for a night.

The next morning, did an ultrasound and found out that it's 4cm dilated. Doc say cannot do cerclage because water bag is near to cervix. There was nothing I can do.

At midnight (on the same day) I had some pains and felt the urge to push. Finally, out came my baby when I can no longer hold it in. I was 19 weeks pregnant.

I feel very guilty and thinking maybe i said or ate something wrong. Still crying from time to time....

Hugs. Try to do a proper confinement. And find a tcm to tiao yr body for next pregnancy. Dont blame yrself nothing can do and you already tried yr best. Jiayou

Hi all,

I know this is a support group for miscarriage but I had a stillbirth in Oct '17. My #1 was almost 26 weeks when I felt no movements the whole day and decided to go to kkh on the same day but baby passed away already. I didn't have any bleeding or any abdominal pain. Did a lot of blood tests and vaginal swabs testing but everything is normal. Placenta was ok and baby was growing well. Didn't do post-mortem for baby because I don't want my baby to be cut up. Still mourning and hard to move on. My daughter was complete from head to toe, looking like a newborn but of course, smaller when I delivered her naturally. So difficult to move on. My EDD is this 30/01/18 and as the day gets nearer, my heart feels more pain. The only thing to make me and hubby feel better is to visit her grave every week. Currently trying for #2 but I guess it won't be so fast like #1. Took 6 cycles to get pregnant for #1.

I did it with kkh under private rate with my gync dr tan hh appx 2.6k. Cause my gync followup with him as well, cpf deductible is 1.9k,

hi daledale thanks for the reply.. didnt expect to be so expensive.. my gync charge $2k but is done at the clinic instead of hospital..

Hi all...
After 13years of wait and 4th attempt of IVF I finally bfp with beta results 347. 4days later my beta raised to 2600 which made us felt so relief but cautiously happy cos we have yet to see the baby yet. However my 1st ultrasound ended with sad news, the gestational sac is in irregular shape, small and fetal can't be seen. I am suppose to be in my 7week 3days today. It was a silent miscarriage without any bleeding and my latest hcg also went down by half..

To think that I have no more embryos left and I have used up all the ivf co-fund makes me even more devastated by the whole event.

I dunno if I can ever pregnant naturally as I have Pcos and we've been trying for 12yrs... and getting bfp was the best moment in our life but that too does not last long..

I'm sorry.. I just need a place to express all this disappointment and sadness...

Now I'm waiting to bleed/mc naturally or by friday no bleeding will take medicine to induce it.

Hi all...
After 13years of wait and 4th attempt of IVF I finally bfp with beta results 347. 4days later my beta raised to 2600 which made us felt so relief but cautiously happy cos we have yet to see the baby yet. However my 1st ultrasound ended with sad news, the gestational sac is in irregular shape, small and fetal can't be seen. I am suppose to be in my 7week 3days today. It was a silent miscarriage without any bleeding and my latest hcg also went down by half..

To think that I have no more embryos left and I have used up all the ivf co-fund makes me even more devastated by the whole event.

I dunno if I can ever pregnant naturally as I have Pcos and we've been trying for 12yrs... and getting bfp was the best moment in our life but that too does not last long..

I'm sorry.. I just need a place to express all this disappointment and sadness...

Now I'm waiting to bleed/mc naturally or by friday no bleeding will take medicine to induce it.
Hugs. Try to have a proper mini confinement. Yr rainbow baby will come soon. Jiayou.

Hugs.. It is not your fault. Was this yoir first pregnancy?

Hi all,

I know this is a support group for miscarriage but I had a stillbirth in Oct '17. My #1 was almost 26 weeks when I felt no movements the whole day and decided to go to kkh on the same day but baby passed away already. I didn't have any bleeding or any abdominal pain. Did a lot of blood tests and vaginal swabs testing but everything is normal. Placenta was ok and baby was growing well. Didn't do post-mortem for baby because I don't want my baby to be cut up. Still mourning and hard to move on. My daughter was complete from head to toe, looking like a newborn but of course, smaller when I delivered her naturally. So difficult to move on. My EDD is this 30/01/18 and as the day gets nearer, my heart feels more pain. The only thing to make me and hubby feel better is to visit her grave every week. Currently trying for #2 but I guess it won't be so fast like #1. Took 6 cycles to get pregnant for #1.

Hugs sis. God has a better plan for your whole family. I understand how painful it must be. Mourning and crying it out is an important part of closure, we are all here for u

Hi everyone. I am new in this topic.
My history:
Birth to 1st girl at 27weeks2days (now 4years old)
2nd at 20weeks6days (boy) miscarried on 1st Apr 2015.
Currently preg at 13weeks.
All 3 pregnancies I was on clomid.
Currently on clexane & aspirin 100mg.
Due for cervical cerclage procedure on 2nd Feb. Am not diagnosed with weak cervix but we chose this option as advised by numerous drs due to past history. Am currently a subsidised patient with NUH.
Very very nervous Abt the cervical cerclage procedure coming soon. Anyone can share ur experience if uve gone thru this?

I nearly forgot that I had shared this earlier. Here is an update..
Gave birth on 28 Jul 2016 (39+2 weeks) to a very healthy and a chubby boy.

Just would like to cheer on all mummies here. Please do not to give up. Your rainbow baby is coming. Persevere, believe and with a little luck the good news will come your way. It is only a matter of time. Jiayou!!

I nearly forgot that I had shared this earlier. Here is an update..
Gave birth on 28 Jul 2016 (39+2 weeks) to a very healthy and a chubby boy.

Just would like to cheer on all mummies here. Please do not to give up. Your rainbow baby is coming. Persevere, believe and with a little luck the good news will come your way. It is only a matter of time. Jiayou!!
Congrats

Hi ladies sorry just to check will there always be a huge clot with sac after mc? I've inserted pills today but minimal cramps and nothing came out so I'm worried.

Hi everyone. It has been almost 4moths I m not coming back to this forum. I had 2 d&e due to babies having problem , both at 3month ++, one at 2015 Nov, another one at may 2017. I had since stop trying n just want to bring myself my emotions back from my sadness. Now I m ready emotionally to start trying, however I found I have very short period recently which only last for barely 3 days. I was having like 6~7 days before that n my period become shorter since the dnc become like 4 days. Recently even shorter which freaking me out, I m so worry this will effect my TTC. Any mommy got this kind of experience? How can this be cured? I really hope my rainbow baby is coming back.

Hi all,
I will be returning red eggs at Toa Payoh Lian Shan Shuang Ling Si on Sunday 25 Feb, around 12 noon.

My TTC journey took a long while with several IUIs, miscarriage, and 3 IVF cycles. The pregnancy was also unstable at the beginning. But with ZSNN’s blessings and the support from some sisters here whom I chatted with, I’m blessed with my gal today!

My prayers and wishes are with all of you. Jia you! Baby dust to all.

Hi ladies sorry just to check will there always be a huge clot with sac after mc? I've inserted pills today but minimal cramps and nothing came out so I'm worried.
Usually if natural way but nth came out will end up w d&c...I have eating total 20 pills but bleed n LS but not clear 100% so end up w d&c...

Do check w ur gynae...

Hi everyone. It has been almost 4moths I m not coming back to this forum. I had 2 d&e due to babies having problem , both at 3month ++, one at 2015 Nov, another one at may 2017. I had since stop trying n just want to bring myself my emotions back from my sadness. Now I m ready emotionally to start trying, however I found I have very short period recently which only last for barely 3 days. I was having like 6~7 days before that n my period become shorter since the dnc become like 4 days. Recently even shorter which freaking me out, I m so worry this will effect my TTC. Any mommy got this kind of experience? How can this be cured? I really hope my rainbow baby is coming back.
Heard from gynae n tcm that e duration of menses will not effect us to get pregnant...to tcm so long the 1st 2 or 3 days is heavy den it is alright...to gynae it won't affect anything...

Heard from gynae n tcm that e duration of menses will not effect us to get pregnant...to tcm so long the 1st 2 or 3 days is heavy den it is alright...to gynae it won't affect anything...
Hopefully nothing serious. Anyway I will schedule to have a checkup with gyne to see if anything wrong. just to make myself not do worry.

Hi everyone. I would like to share my experience on silent miscarriage or missed miscarriage which I had in July. Silent miscarriage means that there are no symptoms of a miscarriage.
The only symptom that I received was a few drops of dark blood on the day before my 12th week consultation. It was quite a small amount so we keep telling ourselves it should be fine. It was only when doing the ultrasound next day that we realize the fetus had passed away on its 9+ weeks.
It was truly very devastating. I was angry at myself as it feels as though my body was not able to keep it. But I found out that my body was in fact strongly keeping the lost fetus as we waited for one more week to see if natural miscarriage will happen but there were only small amount of blood discharge throughout the week. So we decided to go for the D&E (dilation & evacuation) in Mount E Novena.
I was given some pills to eat a few hours before the operation. They say that it will induce the miscarriage so I may feel cramps. I did feel some cramps but it was still ok.
The operation took about 1 hour. I didn't feel like crying before the operation. But after I woke up from the operation, I started crying. Cause I knew the fetus is gone. I managed to calm myself down but when I saw my husband who was waiting for me in the ward, I started bawling. The nurse who was supposed to take care of me was quite shock and keep asking me am I in pain. I said no. Then she ask why are you crying. I totally ignored her. Lol.
We left the hospital on that day and went back to house to rest. I remembered when I was walking out of the hospital, I saw a Caucasian woman carrying two newborns out of the hospital. They are super cute. I thought how lucky this woman is. She have two beautiful and healthy babies. And I told myself one day I will walk out of the hospital with newborn in hand too.
The bleeding after the operation lasted for twenty days. It was the light kind of period. And about 18 days later, my normal period came. The flow is a little heavier than my usual period and lasts for a week.
My Gynecologist is Dr Wendy teo from Mount e novena and I would say she is a really professional doctor. Kind and good with her words too. She told us that we don't have to wait to try again. Chances of conceiving after a miscarriage are also higher. Not sure why but it seems to be the case. So she advised us to try again.
I really hope that it's true. Cause i believe that my little angel is chilling somewhere and I can't wait to fetch her back into my womb. I also found out recently that a baby who is born after a miscarriage is called a rainbow baby. How cool is that!
I joked to my husband that maybe our baby planned for us to experience a short trial of pregnancy together. Maybe he or she thought that we will treasure him or her more with this experience. Good work baby! I will definitely treasure you more when you arrive.
To all ladies who have been through the same things as me, jiayou! You are not alone. It will take time to heal, but remember you have to pick yourself up and prepare yourself to fetch your angels back again. That's what keeps me going. Jiayou!

Thank you so much for sharing this. I am going through this now and i don't know what I can do. I just keep crying.

You mean as in confinement food? I will try to order confinement catering for 7 days then.

Do we have to go for those massages?
I lost mine appx wk 8-9, i did 2 weeks mini full confinement..drink red date tea, confinement meals, bath with herb. I didnt do massage thou. Tcm ask me try to take more tonic to 补

Hi all,

Just wanted a quick opinion from you ladies. I failed my first FET with a very good grade blast, then BFP with 2 blast for 2nd try but miscarried at 7-8 weeks due to no hb, now my 3rd FET is a chemical pregnancy. Do you all think I should see prof choolani or prof mahesh for a check before I try again? It’s a really devastating journey in my life. It feels like a question to no answer and an effort to no positive outcome :(

Thank you so much for sharing this. I am going through this now and i don't know what I can do. I just keep crying.

Thanks sharing too, I lost my twincess at week 19. I have been crying everyday since. Seeing ur post gave me a reason to quickly focus to get better and looking fwd to have both my angels back.

Its really tough for me to go through confinement with all the pains and bags of med and jabs and breast engorgement without my babies.

Hi,

Jus wanna share too.. I had a miscarriage on 2016 when I'm abt 12 weeks. That time I TTC for abt 2 years plus and was really excited that I got pregnant, but it didn't last long.. It was really heart ache and I feel extremely upset and every day I woke up, I feel like crying....
But very soon I picked myself up.. And start TTC again.. After a few months, very fast I got pregnant and now my rainbow baby is 10monthd old.. Jus wanna encourage everyone here, dun give up a day jia you. U gonna have ur Rainbow v soon, its ok to be upset, but dun dwell upon it.. After miscarriage I feel like the body have been reset and its consider very fertile period n it's easier to get pregnant ..
Hwaiting ladies !

Hi,

Jus wanna share too.. I had a miscarriage on 2016 when I'm abt 12 weeks. That time I TTC for abt 2 years plus and was really excited that I got pregnant, but it didn't last long.. It was really heart ache and I feel extremely upset and every day I woke up, I feel like crying....
But very soon I picked myself up.. And start TTC again.. After a few months, very fast I got pregnant and now my rainbow baby is 10monthd old.. Jus wanna encourage everyone here, dun give up a day jia you. U gonna have ur Rainbow v soon, its ok to be upset, but dun dwell upon it.. After miscarriage I feel like the body have been reset and its consider very fertile period n it's easier to get pregnant ..
Hwaiting ladies !

Thanks for sharing your success story babe. Glad you picked yourself up and found your little rainbow. :)

Can you share how long did you ‘rest’ before you started ttc again?

I lost my little angel at week 14.. it’s been really difficult trying to adjust back to normalcy without crying. But i really want to bring my little angel back.

Thanks for sharing your success story babe. Glad you picked yourself up and found your little rainbow. :)

Can you share how long did you ‘rest’ before you started ttc again?

I lost my little angel at week 14.. it’s been really difficult trying to adjust back to normalcy without crying. But i really want to bring my little angel back.
I rest for 3 months/ 3 cycle then start TTC, then got pregnant the 3rd month i think ... U sure will have your little rainbow very soon.. Dun give up trying... Wish u luck, and lots of baby dust to you :)

Hi, has anyone visited KKH to rule out recurrent miscarriage reasons? If yes, is there a recommended dr?

I had lost my first in 2015 at wk25 (natural) and now i just miscarried twins at wk6 (fr ivf).
I would prefer kkh over nuh, as i intend to have next ivf done at kkh. It would be more appropriate if i can run the miscarriage tests at kkh as well.
Thank you.

Hi, has anyone visited KKH to rule out recurrent miscarriage reasons? If yes, is there a recommended dr?

I had lost my first in 2015 at wk25 (natural) and now i just miscarried twins at wk6 (fr ivf).
I would prefer kkh over nuh, as i intend to have next ivf done at kkh. It would be more appropriate if i can run the miscarriage tests at kkh as well.
Thank you.
Hi Corals just to check why do you prefer kkh over nuh? Im currently wanting to switch from kkh to nuh. Kkh in fact has lesser care and factory-like... most ppl recommend sheila vasoo for such recurrent mc but she's on pte practise now

Hi Corals just to check why do you prefer kkh over nuh? Im currently wanting to switch from kkh to nuh. Kkh in fact has lesser care and factory-like... most ppl recommend sheila vasoo for such recurrent mc but she's on pte practise now
I intend to have ivf done at kkh, so i thought it would be easier to have test done at kkh before i begin ivf there. I know that nuh is more reknown for recurrent mc clinic. just that i would like to ivf at kkh with dr tan hh. next time i may need to run both places.
may i know who are you seeing in kkh ? also for ivf?

I intend to have ivf done at kkh, so i thought it would be easier to have test done at kkh before i begin ivf there. I know that nuh is more reknown for recurrent mc clinic. just that i would like to ivf at kkh with dr tan hh. next time i may need to run both places.
may i know who are you seeing in kkh ? also for ivf?
Was with tan hh. Busy doctor.. i found him not reassuring for my mc and thus i am not gg with him anymore. Fyi, i had to tell him what medication i'll like to have for my ivfs, he usually give in. Went thru 4 cycles with him. He's not a bad doctor but just too busy. Wish you good luck, maybe i just dont have the luck with him.

Hi breezy. No problem. I’m glad the post gave you some support someway. Actually there is really nothing you can do. Just got to let it go and move on.

Not sure if this will help. I bought a book called “Your soul’s gift”. Inside there is this chapter about miscarriage. Basically it’s writing about how the miscarriage was actually planned by your soul even before you were born. I know it sounds stupid. I don’t believe it either. But it makes me feel that all this special events in life must be here for some reason. To make us learn something and be stronger. Truthfully up till now I still haven’t finished reading that chapter because I stop reading whenever I start tearing up. Hopefully I can read through one day without tearing up and I will know that I had finally let it go.

For now please take care of yourself. Rest well eat well.

Hello, I just had a missed miscarriage. Am planning to go for d&c next week. Would like to know those who’ve had d&c before, how many days of mc were you all given after the surgery? And is there any private gynae anyone can recommend for d&c?

Would you consider TCM/acupuncture?
It did help me prolong my AF.

Hello, I just had a missed miscarriage. Am planning to go for d&c next week. Would like to know those who’ve had d&c before, how many days of mc were you all given after the surgery? And is there any private gynae anyone can recommend for d&c?
Was with Dr Tan HH, he gave me 2 weeks HL and i did 2 weeks mini confinement

After 3 attempts of ivf, i finally bfp but miscarriaged at 8wks silently. No heartbeat/growth of fetus. No bleeding either. Had to manually clear everything by inserting cytotec and there came all the clots. Its been 5days. Still feeling down thinking of my baby. I get more emo during evening times...

Hi all,

I am hoping to get some advice here.
Has anyone experienced having scan at 6 weeks with sac but no heartbeat? Been asked to do another scan to see if the sac will grow or not. Been looking up to see if there are similar stories but i am preparing for the worst.

Thank you in advace.

I scanned at wk6, there was sac but too small to detect heartbeat. Scan at wk8 stil no heartbeat & no growth. It was a miscarriage already.

I scanned at wk6, there was sac but too small to detect heartbeat. Scan at wk8 stil no heartbeat & no growth. It was a miscarriage already.

Hugs. At least now you know that your body is optimal for implantation to have occurred. The good embryo will come along next time as Long as you don’t give up. Cheer up.

After 3 attempts of ivf, i finally bfp but miscarriaged at 8wks silently. No heartbeat/growth of fetus. No bleeding either. Had to manually clear everything by inserting cytotec and there came all the clots. Its been 5days. Still feeling down thinking of my baby. I get more emo during evening times...
Hugs. I had a empty sac on my 2nd ivf. My 2nd mc. Be strong. Lets nourish our health and try again. Jiayou.

I am in a similar situation. I am supposed to be 8-9 weeks preggy and we went to the doctor today. Doctor said there's isn't any hearbeat and couldn't see the baby as well. The sac is also very small, estimated 6++ weeks only. She is giving us 2 more weeks ... but I am not optimistic. It's really important to have the heartbeat.

When I was pregnant with my son 5 years ago, we could detect the heartbeat loud and clear at 7 weeks. I don't know what happened, but am trying to come to terms with it. The fact that I am over 40 years doesn't help either, we have been trying for some time to have number 2 and almost gone for fertility treatments.

My family and friends are telling me things like "just relax" and "pray",etc. comments that aren't exactly helping. I can't blame them for not being empathetic enough since they haven't experienced it. I also have a sil and friend who are currently pregnant and having no problems so far. But reading about the posts by other women help as it makes me feeling less lonely.

I am in a similar situation. I am supposed to be 8-9 weeks preggy and we went to the doctor today. Doctor said there's isn't any hearbeat and couldn't see the baby as well. The sac is also very small, estimated 6++ weeks only. She is giving us 2 more weeks ... but I am not optimistic. It's really important to have the heartbeat.

When I was pregnant with my son 5 years ago, we could detect the heartbeat loud and clear at 7 weeks. I don't know what happened, but am trying to come to terms with it. The fact that I am over 40 years doesn't help either, we have been trying for some time to have number 2 and almost gone for fertility treatments.

My family and friends are telling me things like "just relax" and "pray",etc. comments that aren't exactly helping. I can't blame them for not being empathetic enough since they haven't experienced it. I also have a sil and friend who are currently pregnant and having no problems so far. But reading about the posts by other women help as it makes me feeling less lonely.

Hi,

I went for scan at wk 5.5, gync told me the sac is very small appx 4 weeks only. Only a sac.
I waited 3 weeks then induced by pills. Doc say it is a blighted ovum cause no yolk or fetal pole inside.
Can only pray that it grows while waiting and mentally prepared for the worst.
By right wk 8 suppose to have yolk, fetal pole & heartbeat

Back