Support group - Miscarriages

Hello how is everyone here?

Ling yeah wish me loads of luck because next week will be the so called fertile period hope I wont miss the boat this time. I am grateful that you are the one who shared with me the knowledge of BBT or else I wont even know what to do....

Hi all, i just went to my 2nd gynae visit this morning at week 8(week 10 from LMP). Did a vaginal ultrasound but couldn't detect baby's heartbeat after a long search. Hubby and I were devastated! Doc say chances of baby still alive is extremely low. Might not have hope ardy.

Did a blood test to see hormones level and will do another one on Sat to compare. Scheduled an op to extract bb if hormone level drops to confirm. I've been searching the internet to find similar cases that turned out positive but so far it's been disheartening.

Can someone pls advise? Thanks.

Hi ladies,

can i check what kinds of tonics or supplements did you take to build up your body? I had the D&C done on Tue.

Many TIA.

Optimus Prime,
congrats on expecting a girl!
happy.gif
like miracle_tiga, I'm fr the Mar'10 thread. I remember u.
happy.gif
I gave birth to a healthy baby boy on 9 Mar, one year after my d&c in Mar'09.

Popping in here to encourage everyone to hang in there. I was devastated when I miscarried. Thankfully got pregnant at 3rd cycle. Even tried for boy cos my menses was regular, and was successful. My pregnancy journey was tough and worrying. For a while, I didn't allow myself to be happy... just in case *touch wood*. Now can finally believe it, w baby in my arms.

Thks to this thread who supported me thru difficult times. Everyone, jiayou k!!
happy.gif

Ryne,
congrats on the arrival of your bb boy! u've certainly brought hope to all the ladies here =) hope we can all get BFP soon too.

mummyunome,
hugs~
I don't know if u believe in tcm but I read from this forum here that there's a physician whom ppl go to when their bb heartbeat cannot be detected and he advised cooking chicken essence. I went to him before but after my d&c. he said to me he has patients whom the doc has advised to removed the bb but he managed to prescribe some med and the couples eventually gave birth to healthy babies. maybe u might like to try.

sunnygirl,
sorry for what you've been through.
we shall all jiayou together. please do a mini confinement. take food with lots of Ginger and boil longan red date drink. can start taking bai Feng pills after bleeding stops. u may want to see a tcm to build and tiao your body. take care.

Hi Macaroons,
Thanks for your advices. Can u pm me the TCM's name n address? I've not heard of it before. Going to test my blood again tmrw morning. Is praying hard for a miracle now.

It's really such irony. Found out abt it yesterday which was April's fool day. God, please let this be a really bad prank.

Ling i have been a silent reader and thanks for explaining the effects of progesterone. Hows everyone lately?

I am a coward i skip this month, i thought to let 2 cycles complete before trying again.

It has been 6 months after i lost my daughter. Just when i thought i was starting to recover, god has pushed me down the cliff again. The 2nd miscarriage made me think of my daughter, i miss her so much.

But still i am here, waiting for miracles, waiting for successful pregnancy and healthy babies.

MummyUnome,
stay positive!!! HUGS..

Shiseru,
HUGS HUGS HUGS... when I saw your entries in the first thread that I started reading on the sgmotherhood, I felt your enthusiasm and bubbly-ness.. Of course you are not a coward! You are a very strong gal.. be positive too! I'll pray for you! I know your pain is much more than I can ever imagine.. but stay strong babe!.. =) Jia you!!!

Hi Shiseru

Thxs . I will want to ttc again when I have my 1st AF. Now patiently waiting. It has 1mth 3 days since mine lost and I still miss my bb a lot.

Let's ttc together do not lose heart. Hope for miracle. Guess have to stay positive.

Did my d&c on Tue, thought more or less recovered and accepted the fact but when i read on my FB about others being pregnant, the tears just keep flowing back...

VV, dont think too much.. there are so many here in the same situation like you before.. dont feel so bad.. all of us here are with you..

Agreed with what Mitch had said, rest well, take care and try again in another few months time... stay positive =)

Hi Ladies

I did my D&C on CNY eve and have been a silent reader.

Can I check if the ladies here did a lab test on the baby afer D&C to check the reasons for mc, ie, baby not healthy, womb not strong, other reasons, to prevent mc again. I went to my gynae today and was given a lab test report which states that the sample was infected when receipt and therefore cannot be tested.

Was very devasted and outraged when know this. Is this common? Who should be respnsible to this and who should we escalate to if we need more explanation than just one sentence report.

Have longed to give my gal a mei mei or my son a di di, tears keep falling when the thought of not able to know the baby sex forever.....

Hi mum of 3 tb
sorry to hear this and many mums here experience the same thing and our hearts feels all the same.

I did send my boy's placenta for histology but refused post mortem. Conclusion: no medical reasons why heartbeat stopped suddenly at 19 wks and on my side, all results also normal. So gynae told me no medical reason can be found.
In directly, i am the "sway" percentage of ppl tt will not know the reasons and it's common.

Well, sometimes is the handling of the POC after D&C that causes contamination. And where is the point of contaimination u duno...

Braced urself up and be strong and try again.

Well

VV,
hugs!!! It's okie to be still griefing over the loss. I am too! Don't worry... we're all here for each other..

mum-of-3-tb,
hugs dear...

Hi,
i am new to this thread. I had a D&C done on jan this year due to miss miscarriage as my baby had stop growing at week 9. Been actively trying after since the incident, but sadly 2 cycle has passed without success. 1 thing i notice about my AF after the miscarriage is abit different from last time, because i used to have bad cramp and very sore boobs but during this 2 cycle i basically have no PMS at all! is this a symptom of something is going wrong?

Hi all,

Doc just confirmed with my blood test that hormone level dropped drastically. Have scheduled for D&C on Tues. Pray that everything will go fine.

Can I know what happens during and after D&C? What should I expect and is it painful?

I'm planning to take TCM to "Tiao Yan" my body before trying again in 3 months time. I'm trying to be positive and think on the brighter side.

Thanks for all your support!

hi mummyunome,

Sorry to hear this.

Dun worry too much...... u will not experience any pain at all cos during the whole process u will be put into sleep, after u wake up the most maybe u ll feel some kind of AF cramp thats all. The bleeding after the D&C can be different from person to person. As for me i only have light bleeding for 1-2 days and than spotting for abt 2weeks and my first period came 5wks after D&C.

Do a mini confinement if possible so tt your body can heal faster.

Mummyunome,
Im really sorry to hear this.
Dont worry, the process is a fast and painless one. Basically like what JJ mentioned, you'll be put to sleep and you'll experience bleeding (just like menses)when you wake up. The bleeding can last for a few days and spotting up to a week or two. Some people might experience cramps.
Do a mini confinement and visit tcm. Take good care!

JJ,
PMS might change after each pregnancy even though it wasn't a successful one. My symptoms are also quite different. But Im guessing mine could be both anovulatory cycles after d&c. Were your cycles ovulatory?

mummyunome,
oh dear. hugs. i know how it feeels. like what macaroons and jj said, do a mini confinement after your d&c. have plenty of rest and "tiao" your body back... take care k?

JJ,
perhaps try not to think that you want to conceive? it doesn't help much with the stress.. how about the tilting of the butt after the session to help with the flow on the "army soldiers"?

Macaroons,
how to know that we've ovulated? the first time I did was to observe my CM.. is that accurate?

Macaroons,
i think i have ovulated cos i m using OPK for both cycle and it turn out positive and my BBT also rise at least 0.2-0.5 degree C after the ovulation.

Jasmine
I tried the tilting matter as well as using preseeds perhaps it jus didnt help. Before the miscarriage i would consider the easily conceive type but now i am afraid would D&C made me become difficult to conceive.

jasmine,
i also heard abt it,but i think more fertile or not also depends on individual la....i m worried bcos it took 4yrs for my SIL to conceive again after her miscarriage.

I think my body jus still not in the good state to conceive yet.

Hope tt everyone here will eventually get the golden "BFP" soon !!!!!
happy.gif

JJ,
The most important thing now is to tiao your body back first then try again...

We must be healthy enough to carry the baby to full term, so must take care lor..

Jia you!!!
kao_smile.gif

jasmine,
yup, can check cm. if cm like raw egg white means fertile. if not can track bbt and use opk. but there's a possibility that might not ovulate even opk shows positive.

princess June,
I guess about 2 weeks ba. does your body feel better already?

Hi Macaroons,
thanks. i m feeling ok now.. just that 2 days of bleeding then clear liao.. then already dun feel anything liao. as per normal lor.. =)

My 2 weeks jus over, but my mil say better continue to shower with rice wine. rice wine can get rid of wind mah.. last 2 weeks i used herbal packs boiled, then bathe. so dunnoe wan to continue anot lor..

Hai just needed to rant..
Damn moody last night again.The doc told me during my first scan that i had a cyst and i kind of started to worry about it last night, wondering if i had to remove it.Plus still having bleeding on anf off a week after D&C. Thought of how i lost my baby and started to tear again...

Then told hubby i wanna come back sg to rest a while and that my mum says better come back rest for a few months. He said there may be cost implications due to his allowance package. Wah lau hear liao even more buay song, what stupid allowance, of course i am more important right. then he said he didnt want to be apart from me and my gal for that long..anyway whole night just feel damn sad :-(

Hihi,

It has been long time I didn't post.

Sorry for ladies who have gone thro the heartache, be positive be happy, we would have babies in our arms to bring home. Do take care of your body and bu, tiao yan and take pre-natal multi-vits and Folic acid everyday.

Hi Shiseru,

so sorry to hear about your loss. Don't give up okay
happy.gif
happy.gif
Do take care of yourself. {{{{{HUGS}}}}}

Hi OP,

Gong xi Gong xi, hope this time round we will have sticky baby
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Just want to share some good news, I am currently 5 weeks pregnant. Everything is okay except now down with bad flu and had some light spotting yesterday. Went to see my gynae and was given 2 days MC. I did my scan today, only see water bag, last week I don't even see anything. Now am on hormones pills (2 pills x 3 times per day).

My chinese sensei gave a go ahead at beginning of the March, Saying my eggs are ripe. so we tried and succeeded. Now every week need to double boil the whole chicken for 2 hrs and just drink the essence. Plus 1 packet of antai yao.

I am take things slowly, cos I had 2 mcs before. Need to take one baby step at a time. Was shocked I had some light spotting, just pray that everything will be okay. I find it difficult cos my hubby is out of town very frequent this whole month, now I just need to do everything myself. For baby sake I will do it.

Baby dust to all who are TTC
happy.gif
happy.gif
Don't give up.

hi hi

Just found out last nite that doc couldnt detect my bb hb.. and that bb is not growing well..
so have taken blood test last nite and will do another one tomorrow morning..

If the results are not good, will have to go ahead with the procedure..

Kinda scared now... and heartbroken..

HI stefies2104,

May I know who is your chinese sinseh/location n what are the charges like ...I MC in Aug 09 n been trying since early this year but still no luck thus was thinking if there is anything wrong .

Thanks

Hi All,

I had my D&C done on last fri. No baby ever grew, though the pregnancy sac was growing.

I had bleeding on the 1st day, and light discharge thereafter. However, yesterday, 4 days after the procedure, I had very bad cramps, no bleeding though, I called the hospital and they asked me to see my gynae.

Went to my gynae, did a scan, she said the womb looks ok, but there could be an infection. She did ask me if I had fever, but I didn't. Then she gave me a round of antibiotics just in case. She also said that my cramps should not continue after I finish the round of antibiotics.

When i reached home, I suddenly felt feverish and chillish. Was suddenly down with high fever until 38.3. Took panadol and the fever went down. I felt so much better today, still had slight cramps though.

Want to know if anyone had the same situation as me? Could my fever be due to infection? What causes the infection cos I googled and it's very rare to get infection from D&C unless I have STD which I seriously hope I don't have.

My parents said it could be because I had too much herbal soup and is too heaty that's why I had fever.

I think i'm getting rather paranoid about all these. Imagine I have no baby and yet I have to go through all these. Sigh.

Hi Joey,

Did you doc give u any antibiotics before you told her abt the cramps?

Coz im scheduled to undergo the D&C next tues.. but my doc has already dispensed 2 types of antibiotics and asked me to start taking from Mon onwards.. maybe she is being super kiasu.. but she did mention that i might experience cramps after the procedure too.. so she also gave painkillers liaos..

Hi all,

Did my 2nd blood test today and the hcg level dropped from 62k to 55k...any idea if the drop is significant enough to "prove" that the pregnancy is abnormal?

And another strange observation - i am still feeling nauseaus.. is this normal? shouldnt i not encounter any symptoms? hope someone would be able to share their own experience..

hi chatty:
if HCG drop usually the gynae will say miscarriage is impending etc and so forth. I did not do blood test when doc detected heartbeat stop, he saw the sac will irregular shaped and small blood clot had formed so he was very sure.

It's normal to think if the pregnancy is still there especially after the news is deliver and usually we are shocked and not prepared. Hope you are okay after the D&C. Have to take the antibodies and finish it.

For the nausea, it is cause by pregnancy hormone that is still in your body, I believe after D&C you will not feel it anymore.

Hi, wat's wrong with the thread? Couldn't post at all for the past few days..
4 days have passed after my d/c.. Slowly recovering from my pain, not physically but emotionally.. I am still bleeding though (light bleeding) hope is normal..
2 days ago, someone MSG me "congrats! Heard you are preg, how many weeks?" I was like oh God like me move on.. I don't want to receive such MSG again..
2 weeks hospitilazation leave is really a good break to slowly heal your pain....

Hi Bingo sorry to hear what you have to go through.
I do understand the emotion part is not ez to deal with but still have to move on. I had 1 mth of HL but it's never enough to heal my heart and take away my pain of loosing my boy.
Today one of my frd still sms me and says " Have a blessed day ahead, pray that u and bb growing well..." Tears is like welling up ...i had to sms her to tell her I had lost my bb on 1st March.

I have learn to move on and be positive. AF just came and we do want to ttc from this mth onwards.

Thanks Mitch, sorry to hear about your loss too.. Losing my bb at 8 weeks is already like hell to me, at times I read thru the stillbirth threat, I felt such a loser, some of them are stronger than I am..So you are going to ttc after 1 cycle? I want to do it too, but Hubby keep saying 2 cycles is better, let my body recover.. But I think 2 cycles too long..
Anyway I waited 4 years for this preg and lost it in the end.. So don't want to wait for another 4 years anymore...

Back