Support group - Miscarriages

Hi dear , please be strong ! I had 4 Mc. 3 in year 2014 and the 4th one occurred recently.
Like you, we were excited to receive the new addition to the family . Was having spotting during the first few weeks. Did a scan at tmc level 4 twice and hb was detected but was not strong . Last check, bb measured at 6 weeks whereby it supposed to be 8 weeks. Henxe hb could have stop due to development issues ...
I had went thru many blood test too but can't detect anything . I seek 2nd opinion before proceeding for DNC. The gynea from 2nd opinion was quite confidently that my mc might be sure to the fibroid that was growing on my uterus and he suggested to remove it else same thing might happen if I were to conceive again . It is not easy knowing that there a life in us and next it gone :( .. I will be removing my fibroid in time to come before Ttc. Meantime pls take lrd tea and ginger if possible for at least 3 weeks .
Also not sure how old are you ? But pls start multi vit and cq10 before u conceive as it helps a lot in pregnancy . Jia you .

if you do not mind how big was your fibroid? why was it not detected during your annual visit with gynae.

Thank u for your encouragement, j_snow.. what did u do for confinement? I only made longan red date drinks. I bathed and washed my hair as normal cos was getting hot and sweaty yet dont dare to have fan blow direct at me :(
Hmm... I ordered confinement food online and had that for 7days.

if you do not mind how big was your fibroid? why was it not detected during your annual visit with gynae.
Hi my fibroid was 5 cm this round. Usually fibroid will not cause MC however if it does carry a small percentage for MC depending on its position . Last time it only like 2 cm and too small to remove and gynea usually dont encourage to remove . But 5 cm this time round is a bit too big for us .I would rather take it to be save .

Hi all, just came back from 2nd opinion. Can't detect anything. Scheduled for d&c on Monday. Guess not fated to be my child. . Anything for me to take note after d&c and preparations prior ttc again? Oh, I'm hitting 34yrs this year. So I'm quite worried.
Hi , usually gynea will ask to rest for at least 3 months before ttc. Continue ur folic acid and take pre preg vit . Also i heard that Cq0 10 does help to promote good eggs. you might want to give it a try .

Hi , usually gynea will ask to rest for at least 3 months before ttc. Continue ur folic acid and take pre preg vit . Also i heard that Cq0 10 does help to promote good eggs. you might want to give it a try .

Thanks! I've been taking folic acid regularly. Didn't know cq10 helps as well. Will give it a try.

Hi dear , please be strong ! I had 4 Mc. 3 in year 2014 and the 4th one occurred recently.
Like you, we were excited to receive the new addition to the family . Was having spotting during the first few weeks. Did a scan at tmc level 4 twice and hb was detected but was not strong . Last check, bb measured at 6 weeks whereby it supposed to be 8 weeks. Henxe hb could have stop due to development issues ...
I had went thru many blood test too but can't detect anything . I seek 2nd opinion before proceeding for DNC. The gynea from 2nd opinion was quite confidently that my mc might be sure to the fibroid that was growing on my uterus and he suggested to remove it else same thing might happen if I were to conceive again . It is not easy knowing that there a life in us and next it gone :( .. I will be removing my fibroid in time to come before Ttc. Meantime pls take lrd tea and ginger if possible for at least 3 weeks .
Also not sure how old are you ? But pls start multi vit and cq10 before u conceive as it helps a lot in pregnancy . Jia you .
Hi Adel19, I am sorry to hear of your experiences :( and thank u for the advises and encouragement... u too take good care of yourself... dont worry things will definitely change for the better.. all the best for ur upcoming fibroid removal.

Hi jesmin0918, sorry to hear that but u can say you are very positive. I broke down immediately but have came to terms with it. Anyway according to sonographer, it measured 6week and hb since the last scan at week 6. So it didn't grew. Made appointment for 2nd opinion before deciding on d&c. I do not have any symptoms since day 1 except having headaches and slight nausea.
Nah..which woman can be strong after hearing that baby is lost? I appeared strong to the doctor and clinic staffs but I hid in the toilet to
cry..
3 visits..3 time alone..3 times taking to break the news to family..3 dnc..3sedations...3 grieving period..
It wasn't easy for me to pull out..even till now it happened in dec 2015...I am still grieving now..it really needs time to walk out...

Nah..which woman can be strong after hearing that baby is lost? I appeared strong to the doctor and clinic staffs but I hid in the toilet to
cry..
3 visits..3 time alone..3 times taking to break the news to family..3 dnc..3sedations...3 grieving period..
It wasn't easy for me to pull out..even till now it happened in dec 2015...I am still grieving now..it really needs time to walk out...

But still very brave cuz it didn't deter you from trying! Sometimes I wonder is it the egg or the sperm.. What I know that in my case, is that blighted ovum is a chromosomal defect that stops the development.
My husband was quite concerned and keep asking isit his fault cuz he's a smoker. But I told him that such things we never know de.
You tried Chinese medicine? My colleague suggested that but I haven't tried any yet.

My dr was Dr K.C Khoo from KKH :)

Wow, so many things to observe. Thanks for sharing..
Ya.. sigh... dont worry we will see the rainbow soon.

Please stay strong and don't let this experience stop you from trying again.
Take care of yourself and your body.
Sorry to hear about your hubby's outburst, maybe he doesn't know how to express his grieve.
Remember that you still have him by your side. :)

But still very brave cuz it didn't deter you from trying! Sometimes I wonder is it the egg or the sperm.. What I know that in my case, is that blighted ovum is a chromosomal defect that stops the development.
My husband was quite concerned and keep asking isit his fault cuz he's a smoker. But I told him that such things we never know de.
You tried Chinese medicine? My colleague suggested that but I haven't tried any yet.

My dr was Dr K.C Khoo from KKH :)
Gua gua gua..same gynae as me..actually my first 2 kids delivered at NUH..but now I am under KKH, I can see for free ma.i chose dr khoo also..btw is CK khoo...very nice right..I am very surprised that he can handled so well..

I tried Tcm before but...I cannot make it..the meds are just too awful...

Hi my fibroid was 5 cm this round. Usually fibroid will not cause MC however if it does carry a small percentage for MC depending on its position . Last time it only like 2 cm and too small to remove and gynea usually dont encourage to remove . But 5 cm this time round is a bit too big for us .I would rather take it to be save .

yep i have fibroids too. The biggest is 1cm there about. during pregnancy it will grow as well.
its best to listen to the advice of your gynae what will be the best for you.
Good luck babe!

Hi i had an induced labour last week, lost my twin gals at 22 weeks. Has anyone experience breast engorgement and slight breast pain ocassionally? Can i choose to ignore it or will it cause any problems in my beastfeeding for my next pregnancy?

Please stay strong and don't let this experience stop you from trying again.
Take care of yourself and your body.
Sorry to hear about your hubby's outburst, maybe he doesn't know how to express his grieve.
Remember that you still have him by your side. :)
Yes, we must 加油! Thank you ohmytego...

Last edited:
Anyone got low blood pressure after mc or d&c? My bp has been dropping since mc then d&c... and its 95/65 now, any idea is that normal?

Its me again. I thought I would have gotten over it. But I didnt. We had lunch with my in laws today. My hubby was carrying my sis in law's new born. I couldnt help thinking it could have been our baby in 7 months time, but gone. I tried to hide my tears. But worse, after lunch we ended up at the kids and baby dept in the mall cos our elder nephew wanted some toys. I was really very sad looking at all the toys and baby stuff that I could have been shopping for if not for the miscarriage. I wanted to go elsewhere but my hubby insist I must wait for the rest. I ended up crying while walking aimlessly in the kids department. There were so many baby products and parents with babies there. I used to be very excited when I see babies but now I greet babies with tears. I told my hubby that I need some time to get over this and that I am not ready to go to any children or baby department in malls yet, hoping to get his understanding and comfort. But instead he got mad at my endless crying.
The worst that happened today was my hubby got so mad with my negative behavior that he threw a bad temper at me and shouted at me at home. He even spat on the raw sesame chicken which I was supposed to cook for confinement, and then he threw the uncooked food away. Ended up we both didnt have dinner and my eyes are now super swollen from crying. 3AM and still unable to sleep, eyes, nose and head aching badly, and feeling so hungry. Isnt it my fault? Anyone who encounter my behavior would probably run out of patience with me?

Last edited:
Its me again. I thought I would have gotten over it. But I didnt. We had lunch with my in laws today. My hubby was carrying my sis in law's new born. I couldnt help thinking it could have been our baby in 7 months time, but gone. I tried to hide my tears. But worse, after lunch we ended up at the kids and baby dept in the mall cos our elder nephew wanted some toys. I was really very sad looking at all the toys and baby stuff that I could have been shopping for if not for the miscarriage. I wanted to go elsewhere but my hubby insist I must wait for the rest. I ended up crying while walking aimlessly in the kids department. There were so many baby products and parents with babies there. I used to be very excited when I see babies but now I greet babies with tears. I told my hubby that I need some time to get over this and that I am not ready to go to any children or baby department in malls yet, hoping to get his understanding and comfort. But instead he got mad at my endless crying.
The worst that happened today was my hubby got so mad with my negative behavior that he threw a bad temper at me and shouted at me at home. He even spat on the raw sesame chicken which I was supposed to cook for confinement, and then he threw the uncooked food away. Ended up we both didnt have dinner and my eyes are now super swollen from crying. 3AM and still unable to sleep, eyes, nose and head aching badly, and feeling so hungry. Isnt it my fault? Anyone who encounter my behavior would probably run out of patience with me?

Hi Fee Fee, I know it is not an easy time. I can understand how it feels. I also tot I got over it but knowing close friends getting preggie and seeing their tummies growing, I also often wonder how I would have been if m/c didnt happen. This period of time I just try to be more positive. Try to occupy urself more during this time? If u need to avoid the children's department, then avoid. Give urself time to slowly heal. Have a good talk with ur husband and share how u feel with him. It is also important to go thru this period as a couple. Jiayou!

Hi fee fee, I was like u when I m/c.. tell urself ur rainbow bb will come back to u.. try to explain ur feeling to ur hubby as we need our hubby support... Dun think too much..

Hi fee fee, I was like u when I m/c.. tell urself ur rainbow bb will come back to u.. try to explain ur feeling to ur hubby as we need our hubby support... Dun think too much..
Hi Karen23, thank you for your encouragement. I felt that no matter how i try to explain how i feel he still dont seem to understand and made it sound like I have to go thru this alone cos its my problem for not being able to get over it. I am very sad. I wonder if i am the only one who keep crying all the time and develop allergy to kids and kids departmental store?

Reactions: zel
Hi Fee Fee, I know it is not an easy time. I can understand how it feels. I also tot I got over it but knowing close friends getting preggie and seeing their tummies growing, I also often wonder how I would have been if m/c didnt happen. This period of time I just try to be more positive. Try to occupy urself more during this time? If u need to avoid the children's department, then avoid. Give urself time to slowly heal. Have a good talk with ur husband and share how u feel with him. It is also important to go thru this period as a couple. Jiayou!
Thank u rainbow234... :(

Hi Fee Fee, try to talk to your hubby. As much as you are upset, he is too just that he isn't showing it. I cried buckets for almost an entire month and to one point I wake up in the middle of the night and look out of the window and ask my hubby if he knows that our baby is waiting for us up above. My hubby really got scared out of his wits and demand that i sleep on the inner side of the bed, away from the window. One fine day I decided to ask my hubby why doesn't he show any emotions since the day we found out about the miscarriage? And he broke down and told me that if he crumbles then who will take care of me? Who will be strong for me? Fee, they are men afterall. They will keep their emotions to themselves because they will always feel that they are the pillar of support and this pillar must never fall. He is frustrated because he can't do anything to get you out of this situation.

Surrounding my hubby are tonnes of friends who are due the same time I was if I didn't have the miscarriage. Everytime they talk about their babies I'd try to play along but I know in my heart I'm affected and upset.

We'll never get over the fact that we lost our baby, but remember that it is a matter of choice if you want to pick yourself up again. I told myself that I must eat well to let my body recuperate so that I can try again for another baby. When you hear that somebody is pregnant, it feels like there's something pricking your heart don't you? I felt the same way too, very negative, until I asked myself why am I like that? It doesn't mean that I lost my baby, the entire world should too. Instead, everytime i hear that somebody around me is pregnant, I will subconciously look into the sky and ask for my baby to please watch over their babies because nobody else should go through the heartbreak that I've gone through.

Try to be more positive. Tell your hubby that you both have to take care of each other to go through this tough time together and that you will only get better, slowly but surely.

Hi Fee Fee, try to talk to your hubby. As much as you are upset, he is too just that he isn't showing it. I cried buckets for almost an entire month and to one point I wake up in the middle of the night and look out of the window and ask my hubby if he knows that our baby is waiting for us up above. My hubby really got scared out of his wits and demand that i sleep on the inner side of the bed, away from the window. One fine day I decided to ask my hubby why doesn't he show any emotions since the day we found out about the miscarriage? And he broke down and told me that if he crumbles then who will take care of me? Who will be strong for me? Fee, they are men afterall. They will keep their emotions to themselves because they will always feel that they are the pillar of support and this pillar must never fall. He is frustrated because he can't do anything to get you out of this situation.

Surrounding my hubby are tonnes of friends who are due the same time I was if I didn't have the miscarriage. Everytime they talk about their babies I'd try to play along but I know in my heart I'm affected and upset.

We'll never get over the fact that we lost our baby, but remember that it is a matter of choice if you want to pick yourself up again. I told myself that I must eat well to let my body recuperate so that I can try again for another baby. When you hear that somebody is pregnant, it feels like there's something pricking your heart don't you? I felt the same way too, very negative, until I asked myself why am I like that? It doesn't mean that I lost my baby, the entire world should too. Instead, everytime i hear that somebody around me is pregnant, I will subconciously look into the sky and ask for my baby to please watch over their babies because nobody else should go through the heartbreak that I've gone through.

Try to be more positive. Tell your hubby that you both have to take care of each other to go through this tough time together and that you will only get better, slowly but surely.
Thank you for your encouragement and advices Cressymama... i am very touched by what your hubby told you. At least when he told u that, it unties a knot in you doesnt it?

Hi Ladies, I MC in Jan 16, my menses came subsequently in Feb16 n Menses shd come 1 week ago for March 16 but not yet arrive, recently having cramp backache as well. Anyone have same experience? Is it normal?

Thank you for your encouragement and advices Cressymama... i am very touched by what your hubby told you. At least when he told u that, it unties a knot in you doesnt it?

For sure! My hubby isn't a romantic man to begin with so it really warmed my heart to know how he really felt. And it was because of what he told me that I told myself I need to stand up again so that I can work together with him to bear another baby together.

Always remember, when in a pregnancy, its not just you, your hubby is involved too. Similarly when in a M/C, mummy will always be most affected because afterall they are in our body, but daddy too will be upset because they lost a link, lost a hope.

I hope you walk out of the darkness soon together with your hubby. Always remember.. 2 is better than 1 :) Forget about what he has done, sit down together and talk things out, plan things together. Tell him truthfully how you feel, you can cry but you need to talk to him to tell him what's going on in your mind (sometimes men are just dumb, they dont get hints). All the best!

For sure! My hubby isn't a romantic man to begin with so it really warmed my heart to know how he really felt. And it was because of what he told me that I told myself I need to stand up again so that I can work together with him to bear another baby together.

Always remember, when in a pregnancy, its not just you, your hubby is involved too. Similarly when in a M/C, mummy will always be most affected because afterall they are in our body, but daddy too will be upset because they lost a link, lost a hope.

I hope you walk out of the darkness soon together with your hubby. Always remember.. 2 is better than 1 :) Forget about what he has done, sit down together and talk things out, plan things together. Tell him truthfully how you feel, you can cry but you need to talk to him to tell him what's going on in your mind (sometimes men are just dumb, they dont get hints). All the best!
Thank u Cressymama. I really appreciate all you've said to me.

I found out about my pregnancy on 26/2, after 7 years from my last mc and my two kids are 14 and 8 now and I am past 44...It has never been easy for me to conceive...so it came as a shock.

There was a lot of apprehension as we are no longer young. But on 11/3, the 8-week bb did not grow as expected and my gynae felt 90% not good. I was put on ugestan pills and to be reviewed this Friday. The gynae asked me to return with empty stomach in case she needs to do a D&C for me on the same day in her clinic... After last Friday's visit, I started to have spotting...

I feel really sad...was shocked, surprised, felt blessed, frighten, devastated and sad....

I am not sure if I should hold on for one more week or one more month or to decide straightaway on this Friday...

Can D&C be done in clinic? What is estimated cost?

Thanks.

Hi dear, sorry to hear about ur loss too.
Yes, D&C can be done in the clinic if they hv a surgical room.
The price should be slightly cheaper than going hospital I think.
I did my D&C at the gynae's clinic too.
Usually range from $800 - $4k depending on ur gynae and where u have it done.

From 12 to 26 February. But hv to go down 1 day advance to register 1st.

I just went 居士林 and they are going to have a mass prayers for the coming 清明. The office told me mass prayers will chant for 21 days (25/3 - 14/4) and if u wanna 超度婴灵, it's $30 for each. I paid $60 cos I MC twins.

Those interested to do the ritual, u may wanna go before their start date.
Just head to level 2 office reception and tell them u wanna 超度婴灵 can already.

I found out about my pregnancy on 26/2, after 7 years from my last mc and my two kids are 14 and 8 now and I am past 44...It has never been easy for me to conceive...so it came as a shock.

There was a lot of apprehension as we are no longer young. But on 11/3, the 8-week bb did not grow as expected and my gynae felt 90% not good. I was put on ugestan pills and to be reviewed this Friday. The gynae asked me to return with empty stomach in case she needs to do a D&C for me on the same day in her clinic... After last Friday's visit, I started to have spotting...

I feel really sad...was shocked, surprised, felt blessed, frighten, devastated and sad....

I am not sure if I should hold on for one more week or one more month or to decide straightaway on this Friday...

Can D&C be done in clinic? What is estimated cost?

Thanks.
Hi alevejoy, i am sorry to hear that. I am also struggling very hard to pick myself up after d&c.
At that time my gynae said I could wait for natural mc to happen then let her check if d&c is neccessary. So i guess u could wait a while more or discuss with your gynae if your decisions is safe.
Regarding the cost, i did mine at the hospital in the operating theather under general anaesthesia so total cost worked out to be $2300. I think doing in the clinic would be cheaper but it also depends if your gynae prefer to do in hospital or gynae.

Hi alevejoy, i am sorry to hear that. I am also struggling very hard to pick myself up after d&c.
At that time my gynae said I could wait for natural mc to happen then let her check if d&c is neccessary. So i guess u could wait a while more or discuss with your gynae if your decisions is safe.
Regarding the cost, i did mine at the hospital in the operating theather under general anaesthesia so total cost worked out to be $2300. I think doing in the clinic would be cheaper but it also depends if your gynae prefer to do in hospital or clinic

Hi alevejoy

I am in a similar situation. Just before CNY, we gave away all the baby stuffs like cot, swaddle, etc... and I found out that I am pregnant after CNY. I have 2 kids and did not intend to have another. Imagine my shock and disbelief. I saw the OB on Monday when I was supposed to be 7+ weeks but all that was shown on the ultrasound is an empty sac measuring 5 weeks. I had started spotting by then and OB said it is not looking good. So, since Monday I have been bleeding like a my normal menstruation. In the past few weeks, I have gone from shock and disbelief to accepting the fact that I will have another kid to getting excited and planning how to inform family/friends and I am now disappointed and sad. I will have another review with the OB tomorrow and I am prepared for the worst. Because of this unplanned incident, my heart is telling me that I actually can accept and want another child, but my head is telling me that I am getting too old and the risk is too high. I am going 42 this year. I am so torn.

I hope yours will turn out well.

Hi alevejoy

At the review yesterday, I had passed out most of it so will not need to do a D&C. Doc gave cytotec to clear the remaining tissue and antibiotics to prevent infection. Hope yours will have a happy ending. Take care.

Hi alevejoy,

Try to do a mini confinement.
At the end of the day it's our body and we need to keep it healthy and strong.
If u feel u need more days to rest emotionally, go back to ur gynae and tell them u need more days.

I too had a miscarriage before I had my girl. I married late and but was soon pregnant after we decided to have a baby. After 2nd month of trying, the test stripe showed positive. Me and hb were delighted and were grateful that we our wished came true so easily given our age. The happiness soon died down after no heartbeat was detected on 8th week. The Gynae (whom I shall not mention names here) was so insensitive. He just tell me coldly: "I'm afraid to tell you this is a miscarriage". When I ask if it's still too early as I have read that some will hear heartbeat after 9 weeks, his answer to me was :" okay loh! you don't believe me then you wait loh!". I was heart broken and did not know what to do. I can't even cry.

Finally I went to google, and found another Gynae. When I called him to tell him about my case, he immediately gave me a time slot despite his full schedule. He too diagnose that it's a miscarriage, but he was fast to assure me, that if i can get pregnant once, I can get pregnant again. I went for the D & C immediately the next day. And the Gynae tell me that I can start to try again from after the 2nd mensus.

I ever heard from other people, that we have to rest at least half a year in order for the next foetus to be healthy. But I think all ladies out there who ever had a miscarraige will know how it's like during the time after D & C. You go out, you saw pregnant woman, you starts to feel : Why they can have a healthy baby, and I can't? I did not wait at all, I started to try immediately after i got my 2nd mensus. Luckily for me, I too got pregnant pretty fast (around 3 months after I started trying). And this was despite the fact that I have 3 gigantic firboids detected during my first pregnancy. Now I have a healthy 2 year old baby girl :) .

All i want to say is, all ladies whom had a miscarriage, do not get disheartened. You might be traumatized by the whole incident, but believe me, you need to get pregnant again in order to get over this grief.

Be strong!

Hi Adel,

I also having a fibroid. I think is 5cm too. My doc say is okay for me ttc again and will not affect my pregnancy. My doc even say my previous MC is not due to fibroid. By seeing ur post now making me more worry will I MC again.

Thanks Xisnique. Just like to check if u have the address of 居士林?

The gynae said it is better to try after two cycles but after the first one is also ok if one prefers, provided that the first cycle is deemed regular. D&c is like a major housekeeping and has effect of one year as the old lining is scrapped off and the new one will start to build up again... Fibroid is okay and doctor said it does not affect pregnancy but needs to be careful if it is cysts.

Thanks

The Singapore Buddhist Lodge
17 Kim yam road Singapore 239329

Hi alevejoy

So sorry to hear about your case. Hope you are feeling better now. Do you plan to try again? My heart yearns for it but I think I will wait a few cycles for the body to completely recover and also to give myself time to think carefully.

yep i have fibroids too. The biggest is 1cm there about. during pregnancy it will grow as well.
its best to listen to the advice of your gynae what will be the best for you.
Good luck babe!
Hi, I was doing some research on fibroids and bumped into this thread. Can i ask, does fibroids cause any pain or discomfort?

Depends on whether you have natural miscarriage or D & C.

I had natural miscarriage in mid-June last year (2015), my period came exactly 1 month later.

For my first miscarriage which I had D & C, back in end of January 2012, my period came 6 weeks later.

After D&C, mine took about a week. Period came 3 weeks later for about a week. 2 weeks later, came for another week, Within 3 days, it came again...

A bit worried, as some days were bright red... I was not given any medication to take after D&C.

The gynae said during the 1 week check after the D&C that if things went on fine, just see her next year...

Not sure if such irregularity is considered normal...

Hi alevejoy,

Your bleeding (period) really seems unusual to me. Think you better seek for second opinion.

Hi alevejoy

I remember we had miscarried about the same time. Since then, I have had 2 cycles of menses and both are approximately 30 days apart. No spotting or bleeding in between. Your case does seems unusual. I would suggest that you pay your doctor a visit to get it checked.

Take care.

Back