Support - anyone above 40 who is TTC?

Hi all, I just turned 40, have been TTC for 2 years, Have 2 kids 10 years and 3 years, and a missed abortion (empty sac) in 2019. After this, found out I have antinuclear antibodies, so now on medication for autoimmune issues. My menses cycle getting shorter, so I’m worried about perimenopause, and wonder if I still have chance to conceive. I don’t think I can try IVF coz I missed the age to try. I would like to find out more about tcm

Hi, Govt just revised the changes to ivf and I believe raise the age for Govt co fund. Because I have used up the Govt co fund, I don’t remember it. I did a 5th fresh ivf in JB last year and I am currently on my last frozen
embryo transfer, in my tww.

I’m 42 and have done 4 cycles of IVF and 4 FETS all unsuccessful, and we put it down to abnormal eggs. We have decided to do one last round of IVF in 2020.
The direness of 10-20% of my eggs is scary but i still have hope. Anyone in my situation can share their experience please? Thank you

Did you take anything for egg quality? My first fresh I yield only 1 egg. But it was because I was unfortunately a poor responder to stimulation drugs though I was under 40 and have good reserve. I took dhea. 2nd cycle, I changed doc and drug type and it was better. Nobody will know what it’s best and sadly for some like us, we have to go through a lot to have a kid. Jia you!

i went to see dr loh in year 2019, as i have low AMH, he suggested that i look for alternative egg. After that i decided not to go ahead.

i think it’s a good choice. I don’t have good impression of him but there are many who will say he is good. A doc that does not read your record before putting you on stimulation drug isa red flag.

Hi, Govt just revised the changes to ivf and I believe raise the age for Govt co fund. Because I have used up the Govt co fund, I don’t remember it. I did a 5th fresh ivf in JB last year and I am currently on my last frozen
embryo transfer, in my tww.
I haven’t explored IVF, my husband is not keen also, always say if have then have. But I thought Sg change the age limit but with some T&C right. And Govt hospital must refer.

Hello,
I am not new but has never been active.
I am already 44 and now trying conceive a 3rd one naturally.
Any advice? I have only taken prenatal multi vit from off the shelf and has not decide which gyane (private , SF Loh or NUH) ?

Hello,
I am not new but has never been active.
I am already 44 and now trying conceive a 3rd one naturally.
Any advice? I have only taken prenatal multi vit from off the shelf and has not decide which gyane (private , SF Loh or NUH) ?
i had failed 1 ivf, but conceive naturally through TCM (44 years old this year)

Yes. Previously had 2 mc. Before I was pregnant this tcm also cure my migraine, insomnia, water retention n digestion problems.

Oak Health Chinese Medicine at 83E east coast road (behind the red colour shop house), doc can speak english. close on sunday and monday. open from 11am to 9pm.

Hi, Am not sure if this chat is still active but I need somebody to share my feelings and hopefully understand what am going thru. I am 40.5 and currently miscarried at 8 weeks. 6 weeks scan have heartbeat then during our 8 weeks scan cannot find the heartbeat so took medicine to come out. I have few friends who have miscarriage previously but i didn't know its this painful. Until now i find it difficult to accept and I dont understand why it happen. Now am not sure if i still have hope to have a rainbow baby. My husband is older 51 this year, we have 1 child before age 5 we never really stop doing it but not really go to any fertility doctor or time ovulation. Only after my 40th birthday, I did HCG test and the doctor said there is no blockage, that same cycle, i ovulated late but got pregnant. We are so happy and we cannot believe it but unfortunately it was miscarried. Am not sure whether its possible to still get pregnant as i know maybe we just got lucky 1 time. We are currently TTC again 6dpo no symptoms at all so am not sure not this month and the time is ticking.... any helpful advice is appreciated. thanks.

Hi, Am not sure if this chat is still active but I need somebody to share my feelings and hopefully understand what am going thru. I am 40.5 and currently miscarried at 8 weeks. 6 weeks scan have heartbeat then during our 8 weeks scan cannot find the heartbeat so took medicine to come out. I have few friends who have miscarriage previously but i didn't know its this painful. Until now i find it difficult to accept and I dont understand why it happen. Now am not sure if i still have hope to have a rainbow baby. My husband is older 51 this year, we have 1 child before age 5 we never really stop doing it but not really go to any fertility doctor or time ovulation. Only after my 40th birthday, I did HCG test and the doctor said there is no blockage, that same cycle, i ovulated late but got pregnant. We are so happy and we cannot believe it but unfortunately it was miscarried. Am not sure whether its possible to still get pregnant as i know maybe we just got lucky 1 time. We are currently TTC again 6dpo no symptoms at all so am not sure not this month and the time is ticking.... any helpful advice is appreciated. thanks.
dont give up trying. i also had 2 MC at age 40.5 and 41. then i went through failed IVF and finally pregnant at age 44 through TCM.

dont give up trying. i also had 2 MC at age 40.5 and 41. then i went through failed IVF and finally pregnant at age 44 through TCM.
Hi Fireeye, thank you for your reply.. really need it. did you get pregnant immediately after MC? am sure i ovulated 6 days ago use the ovulation test and seen peak. I am hopeful at first when i ovulated but now since due to age getting pregnant wont be that easy already. how soon did you manage to get pregnant after the first MC? And in TCM, what will i tell them? accupuncture for fertility? can i go TCM and fertility doctor at the same time?

Hi Fireeye, thank you for your reply.. really need it. did you get pregnant immediately after MC? am sure i ovulated 6 days ago use the ovulation test and seen peak. I am hopeful at first when i ovulated but now since due to age getting pregnant wont be that easy already. how soon did you manage to get pregnant after the first MC? And in TCM, what will i tell them? accupuncture for fertility? can i go TCM and fertility doctor at the same time?
i got pregnant 6 months after 1st MC.
2nd MC also no heartbeat at 8 week. when i first go to tcm my intention was to treat migraine, neck and shoulder pain, indigestion and water retention issues. but also told doc that i had failed ivf and trying for baby. so he did scalp acupuncture and weekly review with medicine. i been to quite a few tcm but this is the 1st doc that able to point out because of sleep quality issue hence it affected my kidney (so water retention) and digestion problem. weak kidney hence my menses become less and does not ovulate every month. but after started tcm i am able to ovulate every month.

yes u can go tcm and fertility doct at the same time.

i got pregnant 6 months after 1st MC.
2nd MC also no heartbeat at 8 week. when i first go to tcm my intention was to treat migraine, neck and shoulder pain, indigestion and water retention issues. but also told doc that i had failed ivf and trying for baby. so he did scalp acupuncture and weekly review with medicine. i been to quite a few tcm but this is the 1st doc that able to point out because of sleep quality issue hence it affected my kidney (so water retention) and digestion problem. weak kidney hence my menses become less and does not ovulate every month. but after started tcm i am able to ovulate every month.

yes u can go tcm and fertility doct at the same time.
Thank you. so you from 40.5 you also went to fertility clinic? continuous IVF or if IVF fail then the fertility clinic will not have other options? We just started going check the tube so i believe the next they will try is either IUI or IVF. Am worried to fail and the doctor to tell me there is no hope.

Thank you. so you from 40.5 you also went to fertility clinic? continuous IVF or if IVF fail then the fertility clinic will not have other options? We just started going check the tube so i believe the next they will try is either IUI or IVF. Am worried to fail and the doctor to tell me there is no hope.

i started 1st ivf at age 42. they will check your amh level (was slightly below average) and also if any blocked tube if going for iui. so i had 1 failed iui and i started to do ivf which is unsuccessful also. then i switch to other clinic and they done a details fertility test before we started ivf. so the details fertility test include
DNA fragmentation ( Spontaneous miscarriage occurs in 10–15% of clinical pregnancies in the normal fertile population but the rate is known to be higher in subfertile couples. Sperm DNA integrity is one of the important determinants of normal fertilisation and embryo development.
The Sperm Chromatin Dispersion (SCD) test, which is a simple, fast, and reliable procedure, is used to determine the frequency of sperm cells with fragmented DNA. The frequency of sperm DNA fragmentation is expressed as DNA Fragmentation Index (DFI). A sample with DFI <10% has high fertilisation potential while a DFI >30% denotes poor prognosis for IUI and IVF treatment and the man will require clinical treatment to improve his sperm quality. )

u might want to start with tcm to improve your body condition (eg egg quality) before you do ivf else no matter how many ivf u do wont be successful.

I’m new to this forum. Just wish to share with everyone on my journey. I’m 42 this year and start TTC 2 years ago. Had started seeing tcm and accupunture since. My husband SA wasnt very ideal. Had decided to try IUI the next month, and i just had my HSG done on wed. I have 2 blocked tubes but the dr managed clear my left side. I’m hopeful for the IUI procedure. And of course lots of good luck
Wishing you all the best! I am 42 this year too, never conceived but had a miscarriage a few months ago, also thinking of IUI.

Hi all, my twins (conceived thru IVF) turned one month old today. We will be returning 88 red eggs to the Lian Shan Shuang Lin Monastery (TPY) this afternoon. Hoping to bless and spread the baby dust to all!

Good luck… I started off thinking Ivf is a silver bullet - it’s really a marathon and not a sprint and it’s not an easy journey, good to have. A support system

Definitely, time not on mine side so got to go the extra mile ,trying all sorts of possibilities.
Hoping for the best .
Baby bust to all TTC.

I'm also TTC this year, actually have not stopped trying ever since i failed 3 fresh ivf cycles in 2018. I still have 1 frozen embryo left though but cos of my menses issue for the past 1 year, have not been able to go for FET. I'm just trying naturally first.

@blueroise, may I know which fertility TCM do you go to?

I'm also TTC this year, actually have not stopped trying ever since i failed 3 fresh ivf cycles in 2018. I still have 1 frozen embryo left though but cos of my menses issue for the past 1 year, have not been able to go for FET. I'm just trying naturally first.

@blueroise, may I know which fertility TCM do you go to?
I seeing Dr Zou in AMK now..coming 3mths.. jiayou!

i started 1st ivf at age 42. they will check your amh level (was slightly below average) and also if any blocked tube if going for iui. so i had 1 failed iui and i started to do ivf which is unsuccessful also. then i switch to other clinic and they done a details fertility test before we started ivf. so the details fertility test include
DNA fragmentation ( Spontaneous miscarriage occurs in 10–15% of clinical pregnancies in the normal fertile population but the rate is known to be higher in subfertile couples. Sperm DNA integrity is one of the important determinants of normal fertilisation and embryo development.
The Sperm Chromatin Dispersion (SCD) test, which is a simple, fast, and reliable procedure, is used to determine the frequency of sperm cells with fragmented DNA. The frequency of sperm DNA fragmentation is expressed as DNA Fragmentation Index (DFI). A sample with DFI <10% has high fertilisation potential while a DFI >30% denotes poor prognosis for IUI and IVF treatment and the man will require clinical treatment to improve his sperm quality. )

u might want to start with tcm to improve your body condition (eg egg quality) before you do ivf else no matter how many ivf u do wont be successful.
Hi, can I check if Tcm is meant to be done when TTC? Or throughout the Ivf/pregnancy cycle?

Mine first IVF cycle was abolished supposed to go for retrieval today but the only one follicle matured and cant be tracked from the ultrasound scan so disappointed and disheartening.
Dr switch to IUI instead for this cycle .
Anybody have similar experience ?( cos i was actually on a high dose of stimulation )

Mine first IVF cycle was abolished supposed to go for retrieval today but the only one follicle matured and cant be tracked from the ultrasound scan so disappointed and disheartening.
Dr switch to IUI instead for this cycle .
Anybody have similar experience ?( cos i was actually on a high dose of stimulation )
Sorry to hear… I’ve read on other forums that some ladies had same issue and converted to iui and were successful - that said I would caution chances are lower with iui but it’s not zero chance but i empathise that after the cost of drugs, this was not your desired outcome. On the positive side you still had one follicle? I’ve had cancelled cycle because no response to stimulation. May I ask if you have Low amh? Were you cautioned before starting your cycle?

Sorry to hear… I’ve read on other forums that some ladies had same issue and converted to iui and were successful - that said I would caution chances are lower with iui but it’s not zero chance but i empathise that after the cost of drugs, this was not your desired outcome. On the positive side you still had one follicle? I’ve had cancelled cycle because no response to stimulation. May I ask if you have Low amh? Were you cautioned before starting your cycle?

Thanks for the encouragement, i only have one follicle after stimm but that particular follicle ovulated before retrieval today hence Dr gave the option to do IUI immediately.

The initial consultation @ KKH Dr didn't update me regarding mine low amh only after the finalizing stage then they told me about it .

Hi,
I am turning 44 this year. Just did my 3rd ivf.
now in 11 days after transfer. Dun feel anything so not very positive.
Was on very high simulation too & during scanning only found 1 egg matured so doc gave 1 last dose of injection & decides to go ahead to retrieve 2 days later. during retrieval, she managed to retrieve 4.
on the day of xfer, was informed only 2 are good to fertilize but in the end only 1 is considered normal. So managed to xfer 1 grade 4 egg on day 3. With Kkh.

Hi,
I am turning 44 this year. Just did my 3rd ivf.
now in 11 days after transfer. Dun feel anything so not very positive.
Was on very high simulation too & during scanning only found 1 egg matured so doc gave 1 last dose of injection & decides to go ahead to retrieve 2 days later. during retrieval, she managed to retrieve 4.
on the day of xfer, was informed only 2 are good to fertilize but in the end only 1 is considered normal. So managed to xfer 1 grade 4 egg on day 3. With Kkh.
Hi there - 4 eggs retrieved is good… sorry to hear only 2 fertilised - did you use icsi? How do you mean by normal embryo as pgt is not allowed in Singapore? Good luck on your transfer .. I hear it’s common not to feel any symptoms but understand how tortuous the wait can be… have u stuck to the same protocol for ur 3 cycles?

Hi there - 4 eggs retrieved is good… sorry to hear only 2 fertilised - did you use icsi? How do you mean by normal embryo as pgt is not allowed in Singapore? Good luck on your transfer .. I hear it’s common not to feel any symptoms but understand how tortuous the wait can be… have u stuck to the same protocol for ur 3 cycles?
Thank you for your wishes. Oh, they just told us the other egg is abnormal so cannot use. Yes, the embryo photo indicated ET- ICSI.
my previous 2 cycles I have forgotten as they were done 10 years ago

Thank you for your wishes. Oh, they just told us the other egg is abnormal so cannot use. Yes, the embryo photo indicated ET- ICSI.
my previous 2 cycles I have forgotten as they were done 10 years ago
Right that’s interesting.. maybe it’s not reached the no of cells a typical day 3 embryo should get to… but there was still a transfer.. so still some hope there.. good luck!

Back