Support - anyone above 40 who is TTC?

sophiesticat

I’m 42 and have done 4 cycles of IVF and 4 FETS all unsuccessful, and we put it down to abnormal eggs. We have decided to do one last round of IVF in 2020.
The direness of 10-20% of my eggs is scary but i still have hope. Anyone in my situation can share their experience please? Thank you

Me...I had my first child thru IVF in Year 2016.I just started my 2nd try for a second child recently..Hope to have a smooth TTC journey....

Me. Turning 41 and have tried ivf 3 cycles and none succeed. Trying to do 1 more round of ivf in 2020 too.
Who are you with? My doc rec me to consider PGS in KL or OZ..

When i already dont have much eggs to begin with.. PGS might bring my no to NIL.

I’m 42 and have done 4 cycles of IVF and 4 FETS all unsuccessful, and we put it down to abnormal eggs. We have decided to do one last round of IVF in 2020.
The direness of 10-20% of my eggs is scary but i still have hope. Anyone in my situation can share their experience please? Thank you

Still trying for first child. This year 44 years. Can I naturally conceive ? My niece and nephews already 4, 5 years old . lol.
Sometimes I wonder whether I should consult a fortune teller to find out whether I have a child this life or not. lol

Hi - i just started trying for number 2 and turning 42 this year.

Started on TCM.

Not sure if it is “safe” to visit the gynae during this coronavirus time? My gynae is in Gleneagles. What do you folks think?

Hi - i just started trying for number 2 and turning 42 this year.

Started on TCM.

Not sure if it is “safe” to visit the gynae during this coronavirus time? My gynae is in Gleneagles. What do you folks think?
I think just go ahead since is only seeing the gynae.. V inspiring n courageous for u to try conceiving again. Jiayou

Thank you all! Personally I prefer to share in this forum, I find it difficult to get information or find out info about conceiving when I was TTC especially for those above 40 and was Glad I managed to find some whom managed to conceive after 40 year old in this forum, I myself was inspired and strongly encouraged by those sucess stories and persisted in my TTC journey. I hope more will come forward to share their success story and inspired and encourage thone who are still trying after 40.

Thank you all! Personally I prefer to share in this forum, I find it difficult to get information or find out info about conceiving when I was TTC especially for those above 40 and was Glad I managed to find some whom managed to conceive after 40 year old in this forum, I myself was inspired and strongly encouraged by those sucess stories and persisted in my TTC journey. I hope more will come forward to share their success story and inspired and encourage thone who are still trying after 40.
thru this forum I realise im not alone to ttc/ivf ard 40..lets give support to each other n pat on the back!!

I’m new to this forum. Just wish to share with everyone on my journey. I’m 42 this year and start TTC 2 years ago. Had started seeing tcm and accupunture since. My husband SA wasnt very ideal. Had decided to try IUI the next month, and i just had my HSG done on wed. I have 2 blocked tubes but the dr managed clear my left side. I’m hopeful for the IUI procedure. And of course lots of good luck

I’m new to this forum. Just wish to share with everyone on my journey. I’m 42 this year and start TTC 2 years ago. Had started seeing tcm and accupunture since. My husband SA wasnt very ideal. Had decided to try IUI the next month, and i just had my HSG done on wed. I have 2 blocked tubes but the dr managed clear my left side. I’m hopeful for the IUI procedure. And of course lots of good luck
Good luck! For my first pregnancy, I had hsg done and conceived that cycle. Which doc did you go by the way?

All the best! Bb dust to u~

Hi,

im 44 this year and just started on my ivf journey. However, after all the initial jabs on cd6 thescan show no follicles. Quite a shock as i always manage to ovulate. Anybody experience same situation as me before?

Is it because it is only cd6? I’m tracking using fertility Friend with bbt, and opk. Anyone doing the same?

Just went to see my gynae yesterday. He mentioned there is a blood test that can see the amount of egg reserves. Did anyone go for that? He left it up to me if I want to go for the test but asked if I really wanted to know or give natural a shot first since we have only just started trying.

He also said for women above 40 - risk of endometriosis is higher =(

Was given letrozole for me (taken day 4 of period), and he gave profertil for the man.

Now, I’m just waiting for my period to come.

I think the doc is referring to AMH test. I did mine when i started my ttc journey. But my tcm told me not to be too bother about the results, the quality of the egg is more important and not so much of the reserve.

I also did this AMH test at KKH and found out Husband's sperm morphology, and went on to take COQ10 Ubiquinol and Vitamin C, apparently it's supposed to help.

I conceived naturally at 45 and give birth to a baby girl last July, will be trying for a 2nd one soon.

wow! Amazing... Mind to share some tips. All the Drs i've gone to, are stressing me up by saying its already too late to try and keep insisting me to do IVF. i'm 38, had an ectopic 9 yrs ago and then stillbirth 8 yrs ago, failed 2 fresh cycles and 1 FET now dont intend to do ivf anymore.

I took 田原香滴鸡精,COQ10 Ubiquinol and Vitamin C (my husband took these 2 as well), use ovulation kit and app to monitor fertile days. I only take hot drinks while ttc-ing. I can't say for sure which helpEd but likely all contributed plus I do not have any underlying issues. IVF may be an option too, my motivation also came from some success stories in this forum as well as a lady who have successful IVF at 45 & 48 recently, she recently appeared in the papers on International Women's Day. Statistics also show more older women in a Singapore are giving birth!

I went to 田园香, the lady mentioned I can’t take their chicken Essence together with blackmores conceive well as well as any western medication (I was prescribed letrozole)?!?

Congrats Mudita! Thanks for sharing. Did u go for any fertility massage or acupuncture when trying for your first child? Thks
I took 田原香滴鸡精,COQ10 Ubiquinol and Vitamin C (my husband took these 2 as well), use ovulation kit and app to monitor fertile days. I only take hot drinks while ttc-ing. I can't say for sure which helpEd but likely all contributed plus I do not have any underlying issues. IVF may be an option too, my motivation also came from some success stories in this forum as well as a lady who have successful IVF at 45 & 48 recently, she recently appeared in the papers on International Women's Day. Statistics also show more older women in a Singapore are giving birth!

I went to 田园香, the lady mentioned I can’t take their chicken Essence together with blackmores conceive well as well as any western medication (I was prescribed letrozole)?!?
Apologies I didn't know that, I was not on any medications Nor Blackmore Conceive well, Glad the salesperson told you that.

I was active in this forum during my IVF days (after I hit 40).

Anyway, fast forward, I popped my LO at 44 after I decided not to TTC anymore. I’m 48 now. And I’m still not giving up on a sibling for her. Lol.

Surely age is not helping in our journey. But I do believe stress is a very real hindering factor.

Good luck ladies.

Anyway, fast forward, I popped my LO at 44 after I decided not to TTC anymore. I’m 48 now. And I’m still not giving up on a sibling for her. Lol.

Surely age is not helping in our journey. But I do believe stress is a very real hindering factor.

Good luck ladies.
Thats very encouraging! Thank u n jiayou!

Thank you for sharing. This is my second month trying and i’m now on my tww. Feeling kinda discouraged.

I conceived naturally at 45 and give birth to a baby girl last July, will be trying for a 2nd one soon.

Congrats Mudita!

I'm 45 this year, and have two kids who are 10+ and 5+ (conceived naturally when I was early and late 30s). Just wondering if there's any mummy who has any success in TTC naturally for 2nd / 3rd child at this age?

My AF is late 6 days (I’m almost always regular). So I did a hcg test yesterday and today’s result is negative. Oops maybe onset of menopause.

Good luck ladies.
Hi Redvel you are my inspiration too! I read up on above 40 and saw your encouraging posts when I was ttc...please share more!!! Glad you join this chat here

Hi Redvel you are my inspiration too! I read up on above 40 and saw your encouraging posts when I was ttc...please share more!!! Glad you join this chat here

All the best dear.

In light of the Covid19, lets rest our heart and mind while WFH and eat well and make babies :)

Hihi, which type you taken for 田原香滴鸡精 ?

Back