Starting on Letrozole

Naq

Hello so just wondering if anyone here was prescribed letrozole? My doctor prescribed me this medication to induce ovulation, does anyone here know roughly how long after eating the last pill, will i ovulate? Because i have irregular and long cycles so im wondering if anyone who has taken these before knows when we'll ovulate?

Hello so just wondering if anyone here was prescribed letrozole? My doctor prescribed me this medication to induce ovulation, does anyone here know roughly how long after eating the last pill, will i ovulate? Because i have irregular and long cycles so im wondering if anyone who has taken these before knows when we'll ovulate?
Hi
I was prescribed letrozole to be taken as part of my IUI treatment.

From what I understand, letrozole is used to stimulate ovulation.
Was there a discussion with your doctor on the ovulation aspects?
There are a number of ways to monitor ovulation, and you may want to read up on them but just to share some:
  • Use of ovulation prediction kits where a LH surge is usually indicative of ovulation within 12 to 36 hours
  • Measurement of basal body temperature and monitoring the cervical mucus
Hope this helps.

Hi Naq, like you - i had long cycle and irregular. Hard to monitor ovulation days. I was on clomid and letrozole for 6 months. Went to KKH. Doctor adviced to try naturally before proceed to nxt treatment i.e SO-IUI / IVF. I suggest you can look out for ovulation symptoms when consuming letrozole. All the best.

Back