Starlearners at sembawang Place

Hi Mummies,
I am considering to place my daughter at star learners at sembawang place. Can I have some (Good/areas of concern) comments on this place?

My kids are at the branch in Pasir Ris.

Star Learners have expanded very fast over the past 2 years, think they have in total 11 branches.

My personal opinion is that depending very much on the supervisor and experience, the school in general runs a very wholesome curriculum.

My 2 boys have been there since PG. They are well taken care of, and their knowledge is very much at par with those at the super-brand preschools. My boys do not attend extra enrichment classes beside swimming.

The school have a very active Facebook page, where they upload pictures when there is special events. Perhaps you can check them out.

Hi TaiTai,
Thanks for your sharing!
I was quite pleased with the curriculum and also the space of the center. As I went over on the sat and thus, didnt managed to see the other teachers except 2 chinese teacher and the administrator. I think I shld make another trip down in the weekdays so that I can see the other teachers as well.

Like them on Facebook.

You can see a lot of pictures taken on the events and the activities they organised for the kids.

d one at sembawang branch closed at least twice over 2 yrs due to hfmd outbreak. my advise is not to places kids in a sch with big numbers.

Hi all,
Thanks for all the comments. I decided to place my daughter there and mon was her first day to childcare.. I hope she can adapt soon.

My neighbour's daughter is in Starleaners at Sembawang. She joined last year. The little girl and her mother both love it.
happy.gif
My neighbour is very satisfied.

I enrolled my gal at Star Learners in April. She's in playgroup. She loves the school and she has indeed learned a lot there..my neighbors who have staying on the same floor as me who have preschool kids also attend that school. I love the school too!

Star Learners have 2 branches in Sembawang
- 1 near Sembawang Shopping Centre (SCC)
- 1 near MRT.

we went down for site visit at the one near SCC 2weeks ago & finally enrolled my girl yesterday.
will only start her off in March 2014 when she turn 2yr 3mths old. she will be in the Nursery 1 (N1) class.

the fees/prices for N1 class as of now are:

registration fees $117.70 (waived during open house on 28 Sep)
deposit $850
Monthly fees $909 (after subsidy we will pay $509)
Uniform $25/set
PE Attire $20/set (1set FOC during open house on 28 Sep)
Insurance $20
PVC Mattress $40
Mattress Covers $20

However, we will still try to attend the open house on 28 Sep if we can make it
icon_biggrin.gif

any mummies/daddies already put ur child in there care to share some reviews? what to note & to expect?

Hi Daddylovejx,

Saw this thread and wanted to share.
My daughter is currently with Star Learners Sembawang and she is doing very well.

What attracted me to them was when I made a site visitation, the teachers handled the kids very well. I was told that the teachers have all been there for quite many years and have good qualifications to handle children too.
Another aspect that made me sign up with them was their curriculum. They have a very all rounded program which does not solely focus on academics, they do place a lot of importance in teaching important values in life.
The teacher told me about the story of the Stanley the starfish that was created by Star Learners and how through it, they teach those values.
I think it is very important for children to learn the values of life and eventually develop a good sense of character, and that part really caught my attention, I signed my daughter up very soon after.

You can definitely feel assured that your children will be placed in good hands :)

Hi Atsy82, after hearing ur feedback, im more assured now.
ur child is with Starlearners Sembawang Way or Sembawang Placa (the bigger ctr)?

my child's deposit will be trf to the branch at Sembawang Way. She will only start in Jan 2014 in N1 class.

Hi Daddylovejx, my daughter is with Sembawang Place due to Sembawang Way only having programs for 2 years and up. My daughter is only 20months old so still a while more to go.. but so far she has no problems adjusting, she's doing well.

Glad to help, if anything you could always bring your concerns up to the teachers, they will definitely help! Sometimes they even send me whatsapp pictures of my daughter just to let me know she is doing okay :)

Are the initial costs are deductible through CDA or we need to pay cash for the deposit?
I am also thinking of star learners for my elder girl next year when she turns three in july.
Should I enrol now or can it wait till next year?

My girl is in Star Learners at Sembawang Place opposite SCC since year 2010. Those who are taking transport by the husband and wife. Their services are very bad and rude. They takes things for granted. If you cannot fetch your children on time. Both of them will start nagging at you. Even a few minutes to wait for you to fetch your girl they will nagging

at you also.

daddylovtransport post: 6322411 said:
Star Learners have 2 branches in Sembawang
- 1 near Sembawang Shopping Centre (SCC)
- 1 near MRT.

we went down for site visit at the one near SCC
2weeks ago & finally enrolled my girl yesterday.

will only start her off in March 2014 when she turn 2yr 3mths old. she will be in the Nursery 1 (N1) class.

the fees/prices for N1 class as of now are:
registration fees $117.70 (waived during open house on 28 Sep)
deposit $850
Monthly fees $909 (after subsidy we will pay
$509)

Uniform $25/set
PE Attire $20/set (1set FOC during open house on 28 Sep)
Insurance $20
PVC Mattress $40
Mattress Covers $20

However, we will still try to attend the open house on 28 Sep if we can make it
icon_biggrin.gif

any mummies/daddies already put ur child in there care to share some reviews? what to note
& to expect?

Do you take the transport service?

Yes. My advise is don't take the transport by uncle or aunty Ching (their are husband and wife). They are demanding and calculative.

The transport fee is $120 per month. For example on 24 Dec and 31 Dec Star Learners is operating half day in the morning. That transport aunty can tell u that half day they don't fetch children.

Hi all, I'm looking for school bus service to fetch my child from sembawang to a childcare near chong pang. That cc don't have school bus service so I gotto source myself.

Appreciate if any1 can share the bus operator contact. Will check if they willing to fetch not. Thanks

Hi,

Any review on the Sengkang branch?

Thanks!

Hi Peanutsbyme, I heard Sengkang branch is quite full, but you can check it out just to see if they have open slots available? No harm trying.
If not I would suggest to send your kids to the branch nearest to your workplace. That's what I'm doing with my daughter. We will send her to Star Learners every morning and I will head off for work. I get to also pick her up after work ends - works very well for me. And we live in, believe or not, Sengkang!

I placed my child at Star learners Bukit Batok Branch, two weeks later got sick and high fever which he haven't had so serious before. The school even did not bother to call us to show some concern. Very bad service!!!!!!!!!

Back