SMH Scrapbooking Club !!!!

Hi Karen
Oh, the white waves are using chipboard swirls. I've used the Fancy Pants 12 x 12 Chipboard Soho Swirls. I painted them using Making Memories Spotlight (White) acrylic paint and then when dry, add the Spotlight glitter on =)

MamaChan
whoo.. the names so complicated.. hehehe.. i tink i will take a long time to know all this names! hahahaha! Thanks alot for sharing!

Karen
Hahaha, no lah...I'm a SB junkie. I buy and buy lots of stuff to use, but not churning out enough LOs to finish using them all! Making Memories is a well-known and reputable SB brand =) Am very sure got lots of SB experts out there too!

Mamachan
Which brand of the alphabets did you use for the Adventure ? I like that ? Is it already doodled with the stitch or you did it on your own ?

Karen
Don't say that. If I show you more of my layout, you will know I quite block one. Always quite standard one. Me not very creative. Cheng and Mamachan will always encourage me it is my style.

hello... all the LOs are so nice! may i join? haha... BUT BUT i do not have any completed works yet. i've just started. attended the START class at Laine's quite a while back but din even manage to finish up what i did at the class and already spent a fortune on scrapbook stuff
embarrassed.gif

all of u girls look pro! will like to get tips from you cuz all i know at this stage is wat i learnt at START. the rest of the more complicated things... i've yet to learn
happy.gif

Mamachan/CL
hehehe... will have to do more, go to the shop more often & buy more! hahahahahahahaha, spend more $$$$...!!!

But for me sometime, jus doing one LO take me ages to finish... like no inspiration! tink i shld take up the SDU-Basic(4 modules) at Laines!

Hey CL is there a Basic Class at MWL like the one at Laines? I wanna compare price...

brambles/lovelylady
welcome! I am new to tis too! Lets have fun learning together! Anyone wanna join me taking up the Basic class? Its $280 for 4 modules... abit ex i know but jus feel like learning more... hehehe!

hihi karen... thanks for the warm welcome. hehe $280 is ex. my hubby will kill me! cuz he's been complaining that my scrapbook stuff are now sitting in the drawer while i'm still enjoying myself shopping at Laines and Made With Love :p

r you girls meeting up for any informal session? hehe... i'll much prefer that. meet up over tea, chit chat while exchanging pointers. then i can 'tou shi' at the same time. all the LOs are so lovely... am highly motivated to start on mine!
happy.gif

hi karen

MWL has a "just getting started" class, same price as laines but it's for 3.5hrs...wonder which one is better? mayb u go for laine's while i go for MWL then we can exchge tips/ideas tt we learn fr the class
lol.gif

christmas
hope harmony is recovering well...

Welcome brambles and lovelylady!

Christmas,
How is harmony?

brambles,
yes, we are trying to meet up for an informal session at the scrap lab (MWL) - yet to confirm dates, you can let us know your preferred dates and we can go with the majority.

karen
CL and me already signed up for the SDU BASICS. But we will only attend last 2 modules of the SDU basics and prob in Oct/Nov. So you have kakis:p

Chicken Little
The alphas for the word Adventure is from DaisyD's. The alphas provided are good to form the following titles: Adventure, Live Out Loud and Play. The stitching that you see on the alphas are doodled on with the ZIG white marker pen. hahaha, I think among us, I'm starting to be a doodling queen. kekekeke.

Welcome Brambles and Lovelydady! Do join us and contribute!

Karen
hahaha, yes shop more and buy more, that's what happened to me when I 1st started. Nowadays, I'm more selective in what I'm getting. There was a period of time where my hb had to barr me from buying more items but I've to finish using up what I bought. A real challenge man!

Welcome Brambles and Lovelylady.

Mummies,
I just went to MWL today and spend another $200. Me officially their scrapaholic for life liao. Ha ha need 15% can look for me liao.

Mamachan
I got that liao. Thanks. Tempted by your layout so went to buy liao.

Karen
Welcome to the club of Scrap-Shopaholic. Me and Cheng are culprit of it. Mamachan is more discipline.

I attended the MWL class basic I think at $35 or $50 I cannot remember. In terms of classes I think their is cheaper. But if you go for Laines , I give you 2 advantages
1) you have a cert at the end of the course
2) Like what cheng says, you have me as kakis for module 3 and 4. Tempted ?

Mummies, lets state your preference and I will go check out a time for our 1st Scrapbooking Club meetup

Preference for scraplab:
1) Chicken Little ( either end sep or early Oct, weekday)
2) Karen (any time & day as long it doesnt crash w my gal's Mandarin Class)
3) Christmas ( either end sep or early Oct, weekday)
4)

Thanks everyone for your well wishes... Harmony is still quite yellowish as of now. Would really like to have her out over the weekend so that I can get Melody (elder daughter) back home. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Cheng & CL, how to just sign up for the last 2 lessons? I called them before they told me cannot leh :-( Would like to join u also...

Here's the belated National Day Project using Abigail & CK Newsclips...
958223.jpg

Hi Christmas

Will pray hard Harmony will be discharged soon. We signed up SDU- Basic Module 3 and 4 plus SDU - Masters 2 lessons. Total still 4 lessons.

hihi!! been busy shifting hse and my sb stuffs r still in boxes!! hubby has bought me a cabinet for me to put all my stuffs yoohoo!!

christmas
congrats on ur new arrival! Harmony is such a beautiful name!

chicken liuttle
i also wanna go for the metal class but too bad not free on that day. anyhow wud love to join u gals for scrapping early oct.

Hi

It nice to know that there is a scrapbooking club like this. Find that all your layouts are so impressive.

I start buying scrapbooking stuffs from MWL in Plaza singapura few months ago. Really fell in love with this 'hobby'.

Buz find that scrapbooking stuffs rather ex and i am having problem with the lettering as well. i use free hand to draw the out lettering myself and they are so messy and ugly... hehehe

some of your lettering are so beautiful. Are they die cut? how much are one of these die cut machine? desperate to get one.

i completed 3 LO so far. hope to share with u gals after i take pics of them.

Cheers

Blessedmommy
Thot you MIA so long. How is your gal's birthday celebration ? Update your name in the list, weekday ok for you ?

Preference for scraplab:
4) Blessedmommy ( early Oct, weekday ??)

Welcome welcome Cherry_mum
Glad to have more and more new member in this thread.

Yes yes this is a super addictive hobby after buying kids clothes for me. Today I saw all the nice stuff at MWL I oso grab.

I bought my squeeze package from MWL at 399.90. Revolution without alpha at Laines. You may want to check out with Christmas or pm her as she is doing a BP on revo and some fonts.

You can invest on some chipboards , either use them on your layout or trace out then cut out.

Yes yes quick quick I always love to see other's layout. I will always mms mamachan and cheng for comment ha ha

haiz, actually i brought some chipboards buz do not know how to use it.

Christmas,
let me know the details for the BP. thanks!

chickenlittle
no la not MIA, been super duper busy!!thanks for updating for me, yes weekdays r better for me.

christmas
must take care of urself ok! hope harmony can discharge soon.

wow saw many mommies gorgeous LO and im itching to scrap but my stuffs still in the boxes!!

pictures! more pictures pls scrapoholics!!

hi ladies... thanks for the warm welcome. be most happy to join u fellow scrapbook fanatics
happy.gif

Preference for scraplab:
5) brambles (preferably end sep, weekday)

sorry, can't contribute much cuz my 1 and only piece is yet to be completed and still sitting in my drawer. plus i'm still new... so all the lingos are a bit confusing for me at this point
embarrassed.gif

brambles
my hubby will kill me too! But i dont care la... spend first... confess later... hahahaha!!!!

straqian
oh MWL's class is longer... Laine's class is only 21/2hrs... d SDU-Basic class i wanted to join at Laine's, they dont have it at MWL... MWL's classes are all one time class! Sure we can exchange tips/ideas... tis is y we are all here for rite... hehehe!

Cheng/CL
oh yes very tempted! how come u ladies not attending the 1st two modules of SDU-Basic? izit bcos they are quite d same as the "Start" class(the 1 time class)?

hey CL... I m also very tempted to buy the squeeze (D PINK ONE!)... my hubby will really really kill me if he finds out tat piece of metal cos so much!

christmas
hope Harmony will get well soon! Love the way u do the matting!

lilee
welcom! Nice LOs too! Is Denise your 1st?

hi all,

lilee - nice LO.

chkn little - how much u bought the revolution w/o alpha? me very temptto buy the revolution but i have a squeeze liao.. scare my hubby will kill me if i buy the revolution.

the scraplab is it at MWL? me tinking of joining you all leh... but then me still quite new too... scare not much ideas to contribute.

btw, wat fonts do you all have?

yup Denise is my 1st bb... 11 months now... time fly really really fast, we r celebrating her 1st birthday soon
happy.gif

trying to finish few more LOs buz rather busy recently...
sad.gif

Cherry_mum
Nice layouts. Hmm I can "steal master" again. Hee Hee. All the best to do a few more to showcase during her 1st birthday

Kitty,
I have my tools all over. Ha ha so far my hb never ask me the price. Ha ha hope he does not ask me man.

For me I attended the basic and beyond basic with MWL liao, got a bit of experience so told them that we will start with module 3.

keke, I oso have squeeze but still get revo.

Kate
My revo I bought with 2 other frens at $189.90. Christmas got quite a good deal you check out with her. It will be scrapping for our own layout and ask each other for opinion mah. Come lah. The more the merrier leh. Of course must control when you step out of the lab walking through the shop lah

Revo, I have lemonade cookie cutter and finale. Squeeze I have tangerine and blossom unicase. Mamachan and Cheng we make sure we buy different fonts to share. I have other frens with other fonts ha ha = i have many fonts to choose.

Quickutz Dies
I have the Emily Fonts =) Hahaha, cheng, myself and angie bought when art frenzy was having a close to 35-40% off the usual retail price at MWL.

Preference for scraplab:
6) MamaChan (Sep or Oct, so long Thursday also can)

We must check the schedules at MWL, they usually have available room on Thursdays or Tuesday.

cherry_mum
NIce LOs!!

I've been busy past few nights also, doing up an accordian album on my boy's 12th - 18th months. Hope to complete tonight while my hb is away overseas.

Sep schedule for MWL scraplab - Tentative 27 Sep pending for confirmation on 21 Sep as they are bring lots of stuff in during this period. Oct schedule is not out so I cannot confirm. Please vote and advise if you are ok with 27 Sep

Preference for scraplab:
1) Chicken Little ( ok with 27 Sep, either end sep or early Oct, weekday)

kate
hi... how long have u been scrapping... do share with us your work, ok!
happy.gif

lilee
oh her BD is in OCT... how u going to celebrate? I do rent out toys... let me know if u need any! I can give you a 15% off! I will PM u my weblog!

CL
your hb so good! Mine will sure ask! Hey den i tink i can also sign up for the same ting as u gals... aiyo very very tempted lei...!! Hey when we meet for the scraplab... can show me which is the revo & other equipments... i m still confuse with all the names! hehehe, thks in advance ya!!

mamachan
aiyo... cant wait to meet u ladies! Do share with us your boy's album when its done...!!

Sep schedule for MWL scraplab - Tentative 27 Sep pending for confirmation on 21 Sep as they are bring lots of stuff in during this period. Oct schedule is not out so I cannot confirm. Please vote and advise if you are ok with 27 Sep

Preference for scraplab:
1) Chicken Little ( ok with 27 Sep, either end sep or early Oct, weekday)
2) Karen (21/9 is sure on! ok with 27/9 if timing is at/after 3pm, cant make it on every tue & thur from 11.30-2pm )

Hi ladies,
Just dug up some pics of my LOs to share with you all.

962188.jpg

A simple mother's day gift for my MIL. The shadow box/picture frame you see is purchased from Ikea. It's 9" x 9" =) can do alot more stuff to get a 3-D look.

962189.jpg

A LO done on my boy's 2nd month pics.

962216.jpg

One Month - 2 page LO

Thanks for Looking!
These were some of my humble LOs when I started scrapping with very simple design. I was rushing through end Oct 2006 to beginning of January this year so as to present a presentable scrapbook of my boy's 1st 12 months of his life at his 1st year bday party. Really stress man to embark on this "project"! Hahaha, I remember Chicken Little and myself also stayed up to burn the midnight oil after attending MWL's Basic and Beyond Basics class.

Key thing to get your hbs to FUND this love of ours: scrap about them and get them involved in journalling too! Get them to write their thoughts and feelings of the little ones =) hahaha, so now my hb also dun say much if I go on one of those buying sprees of SB materials. =P

mamachan
aiyoh, your LO's so nice...i esp like the Zzzz time one, so cute lor!

CL
wat time is the scraplab? if i can make it in time, i'll join u ladies...i wanna familarise myself w all the sophisticated tools tt all u experts hv, then can get it fr Christmas, hee!

karen
ok, i'll let u know once i'v decided to go for laines or MWL start class.

Straqian
The shop is open from 11 or 11.30 pm, I was thinking of booking it after lunch ? I think it should be available whole day. I will probably come by after lunch and stay till evening about 5 plus to fetch my gal from CC.

mamachan
Nice LOs... love the mother's day gift... will try tat out someday... hehehe! Oh love your boy's pic from d "My Cheeky Boo" too! His laugh so cute...really good tat u r able to catch tat moment! I didnt have a good camera during my gals 1st mth... all pics taken not nice! So angry den force my hb to buy me one... hahahaha!

straqian
I tink i m going to sign up the SDU-Basic so can join CL & cheng on modules 3 & 4!

CL
For the scraplab, is there a timing or we just go anytime we like?

Karen
Thanks for your kind comments =) I too became more mindful of how pictures turn our nowadays too. Last time used to be just point and shoot, now, must make sure taken at angle lah, portrait lah, etc etc, I started to have a keener interest in photography too since I started scrapping. =)

mamachan
Wah... thats a good thing... learn new tings out of someting we learn...!

kate
Nice LOs!

Anyone
hey me going to MWL for the "Beyond Basics" tis sat(15/9) from 2.30-6pm at$35... anyone wanna join me? Quick call them at 68373464 to book a space!

kate
your LOs so nice...your bb was born in Jan 07, same as my bb
happy.gif
but i hvn't even started scraping anything on him yet...so embarrassing!!

karen
wow..u going for so many classes? me weekends hv to take care of bb so can't go for any lessons...i'm tinkg of joining u for the beginner's class at laines since it's after office hrs..

CL
i can't make it during office hrs, me working full time leh...looks like i'll miss out on the exciting scraplab outing *sob*

Kate
Your LOs are neat and nice woh.

Mummies
I just attended the Metallica class at Laines with Cheng yesterday. Very fun and something special done out of the norm.

Straqian
Aiyo I also FTWM, weekend I very cham one, so ha ha taking leave on that day if it is confirmed to meet up with all mah. Take half day leave for your ME time. Yesterday I also took half day leave for the class.

Anyone here sign up for a SDU package with Laines ?
Chicken Little
Cheng

Karen , if you have joined and going to join before 15 SEp, please pm me. I have got a extra vouchers which you are entitle to free antique chic class after signing up for SDU

straqian
hehehehe.. ya abit KS hor!! Sure.. come join me.. but i tink u have to call them quick cos they have limited space...

CL
I have not sign up... if so i have to do it by 2molo! will let u know, thks alot for the offer!

Karen

Can call them up to book a space and tell them you have a coupon. Can authorise credit card payment through phone. Ha ha dun let the coupn go to waste man

Karen
Your layouts so cute and nice. How did you those frame ? Yes yes, quickly call Laines up to book the class. Then pm me to arrange to pass you the coupon

Back