SMH Scrapbooking Club !!!!

2as
ha ha me hor already influence my gal to scrap with me. With the fear that she might spoil my machine, ha ha I bought her her own. Now ha ha I think should share share then can buy more of different variety.

3As, I wish I have a mom like u ...bawaawaaahh! and "luckily" I don't have girls.

Xmas coming up, maybe there'll be promotions ? The last Big Shot promotion was with Our Craft's Place over National Day. Zutter and Big shot went at 40% off. However, I think it is the cost of the dies and the temptation to have a big collection of it that kills.

I dont have zutter or big shot...I am scared of big tools ...hahaha...I am a pp+stickers kind of scrapper.

My friends with zutter made calendar, gift notebooks and mini albums. Nice projects.

CL: So you have 2 diecut machines at home? One for you and one for your girl?

MichL: Although one is 2.5 and the other is 13 mths old, I'm already the no-nonsense disciplinarian at home and I'm rather strict with my kids. If they're notti, I let them CIO.
True.. Shd wait for Christmas or even post-Christmas sale locally.
happy.gif
Am also checking out the online sites if there're specials..
happy.gif

The tools provide endless possibilities, but if we're lazy and don't make use of them, they're just another piece of white elephant. This is what I'm most fearful of.

3A,

Will transfer fund to u for the PC Deal today. as busy with work recently
Btw, what is CIO?
Guess ur 2.5 is turning to horrible stage......
ppl say Terrible 2 & Horrible 3 for ......

3as
I got one cuttlebug and 1 cuttle kids for my gal. But just pass on cuttle kids to Cheng so ha ha left 1 cuttlebug and room for another tool ha ha

ya what is CIO ?

Jojo, CL: CIO = cry it out.

CL: Mind sharing how much you paid for the cuttlebug? What's the diff between the cuttlebug and cuttlekid? Kid is smaller and take only smaller dies isit? Hey, can do me a favour? How wide is the opening for the bug? I want to see if it can take Sizzix Bigz dies.

Jellypurin
Ha ha if you found another person who need platform ha ha I can order for you.

Or you talk me into gettng big shot ha ha

3as
I bought mine second hand from brownbox. Cuttlekids only using Provo cuttlekids die leh cannot accept others. So far I try spellbinder and QK on cuttlebug all ok.

Ok my bug is in office now. Later less pple I will measure for you

cl
haha... big shot is a really gd investment for me... i just bought a silloutte as well...have not started using it...hahaha... buy the silloutte US set, but still gd value for me lah...

btw, the platform... hiaz, dun think anyone as siao as me... cos i am doing dry embossing as well using big shot...

Jelly: Thanks.. If anyone asks abt it, I'll know you have spare to let go.
happy.gif
The silhouette is an electrical set isit? What abt the voltage, can be used in S'pore no issues? And I haven't researched into electrical diecut machines yet.. Only at the manual ones so far..

The dies on the sizzix website are really cheap leh.

CL: I see... From what I read, the big shot has the same capability as the cuttlebug. It may be slightly bigger only. (So we'll know when you measure the bug later. ;) thanks! ) Unless you're getting the big shot express??

Hi Ladies,
Just dropping by to say *Hi* Have been missing in action for close to 2 mths liao... have not been scrapping coz too tired to do so. Just to share, i am now 12 weeks pregnant... Hope that in another week or 2 my energy will return and i can start scrapping something... Really hate the idea that my pictures get piled up and the new pp become old pp :p

Seen alot of nice pretty stuff that you all did... made me really itch to do something but everynight after my gal sleep its a struggle to stay awake now...

With regards to the xmas sale and post xmas sale... I know that JDA always have very fantastic post xmas sale like buy 5 get 5 free kind of thing... I usually will wait till then to stock up on my wooden stamps especially those very expensive penny black stamps :p

A&A&A,
You can try out MWL.. Sometimes they do have promotion on their dies, like the other time, they have 44% off for their dies. But I find joann's dies are also cheaper than MWL.

Amy,
Congrats! Now you have more reasons to scrap.
happy.gif

Amy: Congrats!!!
happy.gif
No wonder you MIA..

Ying: Thanks.. Can I check what are the dies you most often use besides the alphas? Must asy I've never checked out the dies on joann website, even though I organised so many sprees.. Kekeke.. How much are dies like at MWL?

Jelly: You leh? What are the dies you most often use besides the alphas? Hey, what platform are you ordering?

3a,

Had transfer to your a/c
To Account
POSB Savings 150-28053-2
Amount S$18.27
Transaction Reference 2545242021

Can send together with my YSS item?
Thanks

Jojo: Sure..

Jojo, Amy: Since you're both here. You girls want to share courier? Amy has 2 SL kits to be sent. I think Yss shd arrive at abt that time too. Let me know.

3a,

Me can share courier with Amy, I think Taztaz YSS item also to send it to my place, as I can pass to her during lunch time.

Jojo: Both the cuttlebug and sizzix can use all dies too..
happy.gif
How much did you pay for your Epic?

Ok, will arrange for courier when the items are all here.

3a,

I didn't buy the expic six. But the price is US59.99 plus Shipping about US25. After convert to local currency, you can buy it at JDA is about the same price.

Jojo
did you try your Epic ? Because my colleague who bought Epic has got problem with the platform. Cannot cut in the middle not clean cut. So must try hor.Even JDA guy went to US to had a conference on the feedback for Epic.

3As.
Opening is about 14.5 cm. Ha ha yes me eyeing the big shot express. ha ha. So of course have to get a adaptor due to voltage.

Ha ha I should bring my bug, jojo bring Epic and get Jellypurin to bring Big shot. Do a apple to apple comparison man.

If I get big shot ha ha cuttlebug goes to my gal ha ha

Amy
Congrats again here. Hee Hee from facebook already know you preggy. But it is always the joy to share when you annouced it here yourself.

Jojo: Which machine do you have? Cuttlebug is going for USD49.99 only.. But the pink and black Hello Kitty Sizzix Big Shot is super cute.. Going at USD65..

CL: The opening to place the dies is so wide? Strange that I read some reviews which encountered issues slotting in the Bigz dies.. Bigz dies are only 6" wide mah.. Really strange..

The BS express is only electronic right? It doesn't have extra functions such as it can take cartridge images.. Or am I wrong?

3as
mine in cm mah. 14.5 cm is near to 6" but not 6 " so does it mean bigz cannot put in?

Ya only think no need to use labour for Express. I have not touch a Big shot before so need to ask feedback from the end user. Heard need to use lots of strength.

Shipping from overseas need to take into consideration about if there is default and the shipping cost due to weight lor

Thanks ladies for the well wishes... I need to find my energy back... Already am dosing off at my cubical... hope my boss dun see me... LOL...

Jojo,
Yup, am preggy then... you very sharp... hahahaha

3As,
Ok, can share the courier. I have the cuttlebug, mostly i use shape dies seldom use alpha dies... Alpha dies are so ex... Cuttlebug also can use all kinds of dies... in fact i only have one set of cuttlebug dies. Mostly i buy QK cookie cutter dies coz cheap mah... I might buy some spellbinder dies next time if there is a spree coz i see that they have some pretty nice dies that emboss and cuts at the same time...

I'm using Quickutz Revolution now.
So din buy the Expic six. Would like to buy the Silhoutte end of the year when they have promotion.

I didn't know Epic six got problem. so "heng" ah.....din buy......

2as
the rainbow die is just 1 die cut...what u need is different coloured paper to cut the rainbow. so having said that, u will need to die cut it a few times to get the rainbow.

amy
congrats!

re: die cut
my view y some machines are not cutting the paper well could be the die and not the platform...

CL: Oh I see.. Blur me.. Then I can summarise what we've found re the opening:
Cuttlebug width : <6"
Epic : 6" (from the link Jojo provided)
Big Shot : 6.5"
Conclusion:
So the BS has the widest opening.

But I'm not sure abt the strength..

Jelly: Is it strenuous to roll the Sizzix? Re the rainbow. I'm still confused how to get the colors together. If there is only 1 cutout piece each time I diecut, how do I get the different colors onto the same rainbow? Cos even if I use 4 pcs of colored papers and diecut 4 times, I'll end up having 4 pcs of cutouts in different colors right?

3As
ha ha ask 4 pax to share 1 rainbow. Order from Jellypurin. ha ha how many times do you use a rainbow ?

I think we must physically try the machine. Ha ha shall we have a machine try out day ?

2as
haha... i know what you mean...what i would have done is cut the diff coloured paper, stach on top of each other and roll the die on the machine
happy.gif
then i dun hv to roll so many times. i do the same for the alphas if theu repeat themselves in my LO

jojo
i have sizzix big shot and quickutz sillouette. i use mainly sizzix alphas... i find their bigz die the most stable... it cuts the best when it comes to alphas. sizzilits, not my favourite but they have the cutest fonts.

CL: Wow! So it can. Took me a while to understand all the pics without actually owning a machine. Then looks like the bug is most value for money.. It comes with all the necessary plates. No need to buy extra.
happy.gif
Kekek.. For this, I'll sacrifice the aesthetics of the BS..

Jojo: I sort of guessed that you (and also Ying) ordered the paper strips for diecutting lah.. Haha..

Jelly: Oh no.. I'm so sorry. I still can't understand.. If I stack the colored papers on top of each other and die cut them together just once, then I'll have 4 pcs of rainbow, but each in one color only, right?

3As,
Actually the rainbow is also cut into sections like each arch is an individual piece so you can pull them apart and put the different colours together. Sometimes ppl get those ahesive cardstock to make it easier so cut, peel and paste to assemble the picture.

3as
actually, to save paper. Assume you want to cut clouds, just put the white cardstock which is big enuff on the clouds. then roll. You will only have 2 white clouds.

For the rainbow, due to the curve, difficult to cut paper to the size of the rainbow strip. So get 4 different cardstock.

Run 1 time Pink.
second time orange
3rd time yellow
4th time blue

Getting 4 rainbows

First rainbow in the above order
Second rainbow probably, orange at the top, pink second strip, follow by blue then yellow.
So you have 4 rainbow but in different order in terms of colours

Amy, Jelly, CL: Thanks for all your patience with me.. Phew! Amy answered the question I have. That the different archs in the rainbow come out separate individual pieces after each diecut.
Now I can understand lah.. Initially I thot they come out in just 1 piece all stuck together mah.

Very paiseh.. And once again, thanks for your patience.
happy.gif

Jojo &amp; 3As,

Aimini is sharing her courier too with all of us.

3As, i have only YSS with u, is it? Can't remember liao.. sorry..
sad.gif

I heard QK Epix 6 has problem with ALL 4x8 dies which they're trying to rectify.

3As.....I know what you mean, I always like to buy dies with multiple colors, later I realised I need to die cut a few times with the different color,"assemble" them together like a puzzle to form the nice pix as shown on the packaging.

FYI, Big Shotz is around 7kg which I've checked the last time, therefore, maybe cheaper to get locally. In term of size, pretty "BIG" as compared to Cuttlebug, probably 2-3times bigger. I've tried using it in a class, sweating, dont like it.

Different voltages, just need to get the voltage converter plug to convert the voltage to local voltage.

I got my QK Sihouette last Dec, till now I havent use which Dorcas has advised me what to do!!!

Back