Sign check up package at private gynae clinic but delivery at KK or NUH?

I'm still under subsidized rout in NUH but will take up the private package soon with NUH.

The main difference between subsidized and private route is:

1) Subsidized route, see different doctor for every appointment. During delivery, doctor on duty will deliver your baby.

For private package, you choose your gynae and will see her for all appts and she will deliver your baby. However, she only be in the delivery room when you're fully dilated. Before that, the doctor on duty and midwife will assist you.

If you want your gynae to be there from the moment you check in the delivery room to the moment you deliver, you must upgrade your classic package to premier package so that she will there for you the entire delivery process.

2) For subsidized, you can choose the ward you like. From single bed to 8 bedders.
For private package, you can only choose single to 4 bedders. Cannot choose 6 or 8 bedders.

3) For subsidized, you appts will be in the hospital. Appt during office hrs.
For private, your appt can be in hospital but different clinic (better facilities and look) or they have clinic in the neighbourhood area. Eg. NUH have clinic at Jurong East. Appts can be in the evening or sat morning depending on your gynae schedule.

4) When you want are in pain and want to deliver, for subsidized, need to go to A&E and check in.
For private, will make booking and pay deposit few weeks in advance. When you are in pain and want to deliver, go to the hospital, and they check you in to your desired ward. If no bed available, they will upgrade you.

I'm still under subsidized rout in NUH but will take up the private package soon with NUH.

1) Subsidized route, see different doctor for every appointment. During delivery, doctor on duty will deliver your baby.

For private package, you choose your gynae and will see her for all appts and she will deliver your baby. However, she only be in the delivery room when you're fully dilated. Before that, the doctor on duty and midwife will assist you.

If you want your gynae to be there from the moment you check in the delivery room to the moment you deliver, you must upgrade your classic package to premier package so that she will there for you the entire delivery process.

2) For subsidized, you can choose the ward you like. From single bed to 8 bedders.
For private package, you can only choose single to 4 bedders. Cannot choose 6 or 8 bedders.

For private, your appt can be in hospital but different clinic (better facilities and look) or they have clinic in the neighbourhood area. Eg. NUH have clinic at Jurong East. Appts can be in the evening or sat morning depending on your gynae schedule.

4) When you want are in pain and want to deliver, for subsidized, need to go to A&E and check in.
For private, will make booking and pay deposit few weeks in advance. When you are in pain and want to deliver, go to the hospital, and they check you in to your desired ward. If no bed available, they will upgrade you.
Thanks for your explanation. How do I check neighbourhood clinic for NUH? their website didn't indicate, should I call them to check?

Thank you, very clear and detailed explanation!

Hi Dear...u said that u were under subsidized gynae..in which week you decided to check to private gynae in NUH? I am under subsidized too and have intention to change to private gynae.... thanks yah!!

Hi Dear...u said that u were under subsidized gynae..in which week you decided to check to private gynae in NUH? I am under subsidized too and have intention to change to private gynae.... thanks yah!!

I did not change to Private. I stay subsidized route. I forgot when exactly but I think it is around Week 20 if I'm not wrong.

Hi, its 22 weeks then you can convert to private patient. Im currently 15 weeks, and i choose private gynae from the start in nuh and i go to jurong womens clinic :)

Back