Should I accept the Job offer ?

bel_vodka

I left corporate world 3.5 yrs back to try out Insurance. Did pretty well first 1-2 years but after which I didn't stay focus due to personal things which affected me emotionally for over 1yr plus.
Because of this, my income has been greatly affected. And I looking around for jobs. Got shortlisted and was offered 3.4k though I indicated for 3.6k in my resume. Tried to speak to the HR but he wouldnt give in. I told the HR to let me think about his offer.

My question here, do you think 3.4k ~ 3.6k is enough to support a family? Is this a good salary range ?

The company do have potential for one to climb up from what I heard during the interview.

R u looking @ overall annual package or mthly package?

It really depends on your mthly spending, whether d mthly amt is sufficient 4 your mthly expenses...

However, if u feel dat 3.4k is below your expectation n u cannot accept, den dont take d job. I have interviewed so many candidates n when HR offer them below their expectations, they think dat I wld b able 2 do something... but truth is... there is nothing dat I cld do except 2 tell them dat d next increment wld b when I m doing their staff appraisal.

R u looking @ overall annual package or mthly package?

It really depends on your mthly spending, whether d mthly amt is sufficient 4 your mthly expenses...

However, if u feel dat 3.4k is below your expectation n u cannot accept, den dont take d job. I have interviewed so many candidates n when HR offer them below their expectations, they think dat I wld b able 2 do something... but truth is... there is nothing dat I cld do except 2 tell them dat d next increment wld b when I m doing their staff appraisal.

I'm looking at mthly package...
I have checked, the mthly amt is sufficient for my expenses. Maybe just don't have alot surplus for savings. And I can't spend alot on my own ..

I Can accept 3.4k , I'm thinking not to bargain that 100-200 over with the HR . As hr did mentioned me face to face to look at the benefits overall the company will be giving too.

Well... if d mthly amt is sufficient 4 your mthly expenses, den look @ d overall package...

If they pay more more bonus, den mayb u can use dat 4 your savings....

only a different will make a difference...

the diff here is $200. minus cpf deduction, nett take hm diff is $160 ($5.27/day; mon-sun). u lose employer contribution of 17% ($34/mth; $1.12/day) ONLY.

hiring exercise is a tug of war game (for the hirer). hirer worried they pay high for a low-performance staff. staff worried they get shortchanged.

as long as you are confident, diligent and display a great sense of duty of care, any Company will pay more than $200/mth easily to retain you.

do note that it's easier for a working person to find a job.

hence, the $5.27/day diff should not stop you from accepting the offer. unless you intend to skive in your job.

prove to the Company that you are a flexible person who worth more than the amount you want to be paid.

I left corporate world 3.5 yrs back to try out Insurance. Did pretty well first 1-2 years but after which I didn't stay focus due to personal things which affected me emotionally for over 1yr plus.
Because of this, my income has been greatly affected. And I looking around for jobs. Got shortlisted and was offered 3.4k though I indicated for 3.6k in my resume. Tried to speak to the HR but he wouldnt give in. I told the HR to let me think about his offer.

My question here, do you think 3.4k ~ 3.6k is enough to support a family? Is this a good salary range ?

The company do have potential for one to climb up from what I heard during the interview.
Depends on:-
1. Your expense, commitments, etc.
2. If there are better offers or options.
3. If you're willing to. You might be looking at long term where you might have better opportunity to grow or advance in this company, you can learn & later advance to other companies, etc.

You probably have to find out the market, opportunities, what's coming up in future, you plan, etc. Hope this helps.
All the best & good luck to you. Wish you have bright happy future too.

only a different will make a difference...

the diff here is $200. minus cpf deduction, nett take hm diff is $160 ($5.27/day; mon-sun). u lose employer contribution of 17% ($34/mth; $1.12/day) ONLY.

hiring exercise is a tug of war game (for the hirer). hirer worried they pay high for a low-performance staff. staff worried they get shortchanged.

as long as you are confident, diligent and display a great sense of duty of care, any Company will pay more than $200/mth easily to retain you.

do note that it's easier for a working person to find a job.

hence, the $5.27/day diff should not stop you from accepting the offer. unless you intend to skive in your job.

prove to the Company that you are a flexible person who worth more than the amount you want to be paid.
Thank u ! I have accepted the offer as it is. U are right. Is only that few dollars difference a day. I'm sure I can work to prove I'm more than that. And hopefully there will be increment in the times to come.

Depends on:-
1. Your expense, commitments, etc.
2. If there are better offers or options.
3. If you're willing to. You might be looking at long term where you might have better opportunity to grow or advance in this company, you can learn & later advance to other companies, etc.

You probably have to find out the market, opportunities, what's coming up in future, you plan, etc. Hope this helps.
All the best & good luck to you. Wish you have bright happy future too.

Thank u ! I have look into expenses n commitment. So far no other better option . Maybe is fated. Long run I do see there is room for me to progress in the company. As from what I know from the hiring mgr is that this co really sees employees as their assets.

I have taken up the offer and will start next Monday!

Thank u ! I have look into expenses n commitment. So far no other better option . Maybe is fated. Long run I do see there is room for me to progress in the company. As from what I know from the hiring mgr is that this co really sees employees as their assets.

Congrats! Nice to hear. Wish you all the best, bright future & happy.

Good luck Sis, there is a price to pay being at the starting point. But I'm sure you will progress along the way and proof your worthy for the company. All the best and Jia You!!!

Back