September 2016 Mummies!

Hi all mummies, I'm new here.

Going to be a 1st time mum. My EDD is 23 Sept.
So now I should be in my 10th week. :)
During my check up last Friday, my gynae "recommended" me to perform the paranoma test (his initial recommendation) / harmony test (what my hubby & I wanted).
His cost for paranoma test is $1550 & harmony test is $1350.
Hubby wanted for me to go for harmony test since this was done by his friend's wife as well. But his friend's wife's clinic is charging only $800~$900 for harmony test.

So now we are wondering is it possible for us to "outsource" the harmony test (may be do it at KKH, which I think is cheaper) and return to my gynea with the results later?
Wondering if my gynea will hate me for not giving him the chance to make money from me...lolx

Any mummies have advice regarding this? Many thanks in advance.;)

Hi Mummies, I am new to the forum and my EDD is 25 September 2016. Nice to know everyone here.
Can I ask to be included in your fb group so I may share and also learn a thing or more from everyone.
My email address is [email protected].

Just to ask if anyone can share with me about Harmony Test, will there be any scan before that or just drawing blood sample for testing and is the price of 1400 consider reasonable?

Have a great day to all.

Thank you in advance.

Hi all mummies, I'm new here.

Going to be a 1st time mum. My EDD is 23 Sept.
So now I should be in my 10th week. :)
During my check up last Friday, my gynae "recommended" me to perform the paranoma test (his initial recommendation) / harmony test (what my hubby & I wanted).
His cost for paranoma test is $1550 & harmony test is $1350.
Hubby wanted for me to go for harmony test since this was done by his friend's wife as well. But his friend's wife's clinic is charging only $800~$900 for harmony test.

So now we are wondering is it possible for us to "outsource" the harmony test (may be do it at KKH, which I think is cheaper) and return to my gynea with the results later?
Wondering if my gynea will hate me for not giving him the chance to make money from me...lolx

Any mummies have advice regarding this? Many thanks in advance.;)

Hello,

Yes you can outsource it and then bring the result to your gynac to see, if your gynac decide to hate you or give you black face beco you decide to do the outsourcing, then i strongly reccommend that you choose another gynac since his No.1 concern is your $$$ and not your & baby well being.

Incidentally, the report from panorama test is very simple to read, it is either high risk, low risk or No result. High risk mean you should consider doing amino test to confirm whether the child have down sydrome and do not that there is a tiny miscarriage risk. no result mean they need to draw blood from you and send it back to the clinic to check again, nothing to be worry about, it means that not sufficient of your baby dna in your blood for them to do the test reasonability. the re-test should be free of charge. If low risk means no further action needed.

KKH do paranoma test at $800. no medisave, no subsidy (I think)

Cheers

Hello,

Yes you can outsource it and then bring the result to your gynac to see, if your gynac decide to hate you or give you black face beco you decide to do the outsourcing, then i strongly reccommend that you choose another gynac since his No.1 concern is your $$$ and not your & baby well being.

Incidentally, the report from panorama test is very simple to read, it is either high risk, low risk or No result. High risk mean you should consider doing amino test to confirm whether the child have down sydrome and do not that there is a tiny miscarriage risk. no result mean they need to draw blood from you and send it back to the clinic to check again, nothing to be worry about, it means that not sufficient of your baby dna in your blood for them to do the test reasonability. the re-test should be free of charge. If low risk means no further action needed.

Cheers

Hi aaa111,

Thanks for replying!:)

Hi, thanks for adding me to the fb group. I have gotten the email but I cannot access. Sorry do you think u can try to send me another invitation again. Thks so much.

Hello,

Cheers

Hi may i know how do we arrange for a paranoma test at kkh if im not a patient there? Cos am with NUH as a subsidized patient. Do we just call in to kkh o&g dept or still need referral from poly? Does anyone know how much does NUH charge for these tests?

Any mummies-to-be here developed small spots/rashes on their belly?
I noticed my tummy area is developing a lot of those small small red dots. Don't know it's due to allergy or what...

Probably is bcos your tummy is starting to stretch. Had rashes on my tummy area for my previous pregnancy and it's itchy too. I bought Clarins strech marks control cream, after that it was better.

Probably is bcos your tummy is starting to stretch. Had rashes on my tummy area for my previous pregnancy and it's itchy too. I bought Clarins strech marks control cream, after that it was better.

Oh tummy stretching can cause those small red dots? I just started using Clarins Tonic Body Treatment Oil after shower since last weekend, was worried it caused allergy.

Oh tummy stretching can cause those small red dots? I just started using Clarins Tonic Body Treatment Oil after shower since last weekend, was worried it caused allergy.

Ya i have red dot at that time too. But i didn't use any treatment oil. Why don't you try stop using the oil and see if the rash will stop. In the mean time also put some moisturising cream for your tummy. Can prevent having strech marks too :))

Ya i have red dot at that time too. But i didn't use any treatment oil. Why don't you try stop using the oil and see if the rash will stop. In the mean time also put some moisturising cream for your tummy. Can prevent having strech marks too :))

Were yours also a lot of small small red dots?

Hi may i know how do we arrange for a paranoma test at kkh if im not a patient there? Cos am with NUH as a subsidized patient. Do we just call in to kkh o&g dept or still need referral from poly? Does anyone know how much does NUH charge for these tests?

Hello, I think call in should do the trick since not subsidise. Incidentally, if I were you, I will just do it at NUH. I believe price will be comparable if not the same

Hello all mummies to be!

Expecting my number two is late Aug/early Sep so I'm just about 14 weeks now. OSCAR test done and all's good.

I delivered at TMC for number one in 2014 and will be sticking to my gynae (Dr WK Tan) and TMC for number two too. For what's it's worth, Dr Tan was really good during my first pregnancy and has been so supportive and reassuring for my second pregnancy so far (I had a few spotting incidents so went in to the clinic four times in the first tri)

For second time and third time mummies, how fast do u sense bb's movement for the second or third pregnancy? I'm pretty sure I felt little flips in week 12 and have been feeling them every now and then since.... :)

Hello all mummies to be!

Expecting my number two is late Aug/early Sep so I'm just about 14 weeks now. OSCAR test done and all's good.

I delivered at TMC for number one in 2014 and will be sticking to my gynae (Dr WK Tan) and TMC for number two too. For what's it's worth, Dr Tan was really good during my first pregnancy and has been so supportive and reassuring for my second pregnancy so far (I had a few spotting incidents so went in to the clinic four times in the first tri)

For second time and third time mummies, how fast do u sense bb's movement for the second or third pregnancy? I'm pretty sure I felt little flips in week 12 and have been feeling them every now and then since.... :)
Hello all mummies to be!

Hi, I'm expecting my 1st baby at TMC in end Aug too. My doctor is Dr. Tan as well.

I agree with you Dr Tan is very patient and I'm glad to hear you got positive experience from TMC and Dr Tan.

I wish you all the best and stay healthy with you and your kid. Maybe we will meet at TMC someday....

Hi, I'm expecting my 1st baby at TMC in end Aug too. My doctor is Dr. Tan as well.

I agree with you Dr Tan is very patient and I'm glad to hear you got positive experience from TMC and Dr Tan.

I wish you all the best and stay healthy with you and your kid. Maybe we will meet at TMC someday....

Hello there :) yes, you'll be in good hands. Dr Tan delivered my husband, brother in law, his cousins, cousin's children etc. She is very experienced so nothing seems to faze her. I had a really smooth pregnancy for number 1 but had placenta previa at week 36. Woke up to fresh bleeding early morning on a public holiday. I called the clinic and they patched me to Dr Tan. By the time I arrived at TMC, she was already there. She attended to me immediately and thank goodness everything was fine. She is very responsible and hence very popular so there is always a wait outside her room lol.
Yes, I'll see you sometime at TMC. Let me know if you need more info.

Hi Mummies,

Anyone starting to get insomnia due to hormones going haywire during the first trimester???
Falling asleep usually no problem, but I'm having difficulties staying asleep.

Example 1: After a few hours of sleep, I will just start tossing and turning in bed, can't get back to zzz-land.
Example 2: After a few hours of sleep, high tide, went to pee, come back cannot sleep!!

At most I managed to get some light sleep (like napping) but with plenty of tossing and turning once my deep sleep gets interrupted.
It's like I can't find the correct position to sleep or the temperature is not right (I'm already sleeping with aircon).
And when I cannot fall asleep, every sound in the room gets amplified and irritates me (eg. hubby snoring, clock ticking, traffic sound, etc)......lagi cannot sleep!

Hope my quality of sleep will improve when I reach 2nd trimester. I miss the days of 一觉到天明.
Right now I'm like running on limited battery in the day while working...dead tired by 10pm+...
If I manage to fall asleep by 11pm, I will usually start tossing and turning around 3am-5am...until my alarm bell rings and I need to get up for work.

Hi Mummies,

Anyone starting to get insomnia due to hormones going haywire during the first trimester???

Example 1: After a few hours of sleep, I will just start tossing and turning in bed, can't get back to zzz-land.
Example 2: After a few hours of sleep, high tide, went to pee, come back cannot sleep!!

At most I managed to get some light sleep (like napping) but with plenty of tossing and turning once my deep sleep gets interrupted.
It's like I can't find the correct position to sleep or the temperature is not right (I'm already sleeping with aircon).
And when I cannot fall asleep, every sound in the room gets amplified and irritates me (eg. hubby snoring, clock ticking, traffic sound, etc)......lagi cannot sleep!

Hope my quality of sleep will improve when I reach 2nd trimester. I miss the days of 一觉到天明.
Right now I'm like running on limited battery in the day while working...dead tired by 10pm+...
If I manage to fall asleep by 11pm, I will usually start tossing and turning around 3am-5am...until my alarm bell rings and I need to get up for work.

I am having the same problem as you .. I will wake up in middle of night either to pee or maybe feel warm or wat .. Then after that stay awake for a long time before managing to doze off .. Haiz .. Din used to have this problem with sleeping one .

I am having the same problem as you .. I will wake up in middle of night either to pee or maybe feel warm or wat .. Then after that stay awake for a long time before managing to doze off .. Haiz .. Din used to have this problem with sleeping one .

Ya lor....by the time want to fall back to slp again...alarm rings...then have to force myself awake in a daze...miserable~~~
At least during weekends, I can make myself stay up late to really tire out my body so that I can KO until daybreak...Or I can still nap in the afternoon if I had insomnia the previous night.
But weekdays very difficult to get enough slp. So now my weekends are spent catching up on my slp...lolx...pregnant slping beauty...zzzzz

Hi Mummies,

Me..... didn't have it for my first pregnancy but this one.... :( and when I'm finally falling asleep, my 18mo decides to wake up or needs a cuddle.... :(

Thanks a lot!

May I know do you have maid to take care of your No. 1? Or you send to child care centre?
Because both my husband and me work quite late (8-9 pm), we trust infant care is better to baby but their opening hours cannot fit us. However if we hire a maid, not do confident to leave bb with her at home.

Just to see how did you manage?

Hello there :) yes, you'll be in good hands. Dr Tan delivered my husband, brother in law, his cousins, cousin's children etc. She is very experienced so nothing seems to faze her. I had a really smooth pregnancy for number 1 but had placenta previa at week 36. Woke up to fresh bleeding early morning on a public holiday. I called the clinic and they patched me to Dr Tan. By the time I arrived at TMC, she was already there. She attended to me immediately and thank goodness everything was fine. She is very responsible and hence very popular so there is always a wait outside her room lol.
Yes, I'll see you sometime at TMC. Let me know if you need more info.[/QUOTE

Thanks a lot!

May I know do you have maid to take care of your No. 1? Or you send to child care centre?
Because both my husband and me work quite late (8-9 pm), we trust infant care is better to baby but their opening hours cannot fit us. However if we hire a maid, not do confident to leave bb with her at home.

Just to see how did you manage?

Hi, I actually stopped work for 16 months to take care of her and she entered school 2.5 months ago while I rejoined the work force. I'm now on reduced hours, 830 -430 so I pick her up then. For number two, I'm planning to stay at home again for the first year but will get a helper to help with the household chores and food preparation.
Would it be possible to get your hours reduced a little so that you can get home by 7pm? I won't trust leaving a helper alone with a young infant, unless the helper has been with the family for a long long time. Otherwise, my friends get their mum in law or mum to keep an eye on the helper. The other alternative is a babysitter but I know they are in short supply.

Hi Mummies,

i'm on the opposite end of the spectrum.. i now suffer from extreme fatigue..
everyday after lunch i cannot focus at work.. the eyelids just get super duper heavy and once i close them, i will immediately nod off....i will feel sleepy until its time to go home..
it never happened to me before..
i sleep at 10+pm every night and still reluctantly wake up when the alarm rings at 6.30am..

Me..... didn't have it for my first pregnancy but this one.... :( and when I'm finally falling asleep, my 18mo decides to wake up or needs a cuddle.... :(
Yes me too! Like last night I woke up at 3am for toilet and then couldn't sleep till 4 plus. Kept tossing, turning and felt warm although sleeping with air cond.

I didn't slp well again last night...only light slp. I wasn't counting the time but I was tossing and turning a lot.
And yes, I wish my aircon can be colder...with the blanket I feel hot, take away the blanket I feel cold =.=...if the aircon is freezing cold, at least my body can decide to stay in cold mode and stop making me flip the blanket.
I wonder is this related to age too? Like the older we get, the harder it is for our body to adapt to the hormone changes so our bodies go haywire.
I'm 32+ this year.

i'm on the opposite end of the spectrum.. i now suffer from extreme fatigue..
everyday after lunch i cannot focus at work.. the eyelids just get super duper heavy and once i close them, i will immediately nod off....i will feel sleepy until its time to go home..
it never happened to me before..
i sleep at 10+pm every night and still reluctantly wake up when the alarm rings at 6.30am..

@BabyBear16, how far along are you?
Because if your are already in 2nd/3rd trimester, then of cos the extra weight burden on your body will definitely make you more fatigue.
But it's a good thing you can get 8hrs of slp every night.....hahahaha... Can eat (no morning sickness), can slp (no insomnia), can poop (not suffering from constipation)....that's the best blessing for us now. :D

I didn't slp well again last night...only light slp. I wasn't counting the time but I was tossing and turning a lot.
And yes, I wish my aircon can be colder...with the blanket I feel hot, take away the blanket I feel cold =.=...if the aircon is freezing cold, at least my body can decide to stay in cold mode and stop making me flip the blanket.
I wonder is this related to age too? Like the older we get, the harder it is for our body to adapt to the hormone changes so our bodies go haywire.
I'm 32+ this year.

I totally get the feeling hot in the air con room. The only few times I slept well recently was when I had to take my flu medicine.. maybe it's an age thing. I used to be such a heavy sleeper, slept through thunderstorms and earthquakes... now I wake up every few hours, also cos I think after having a kid, you'll wake up to check on your child... even though she slept through at four months and didn't need night feeds.

I've ordered a pregnancy pillow, waiting for it to get delivered and hoping it'll help. I'm currently using cushions to prop up my back when I sleep on my side. Sleeping on your left is the recommended side btw..

I totally get the feeling hot in the air con room. The only few times I slept well recently was when I had to take my flu medicine.. maybe it's an age thing. I used to be such a heavy sleeper, slept through thunderstorms and earthquakes... now I wake up every few hours, also cos I think after having a kid, you'll wake up to check on your child... even though she slept through at four months and didn't need night feeds.

I've ordered a pregnancy pillow, waiting for it to get delivered and hoping it'll help. I'm currently using cushions to prop up my back when I sleep on my side. Sleeping on your left is the recommended side btw..

My hubby was also telling me to get the pregnancy pillow. I was looking for it on Qoo10 and the most common one is the U-shape pillow.
But it's quite big and my bed is only queen-size. If I get that, my hubby will have to start sleeping on a mattress on the floor...lolx.
I saw another 1 which is smaller size...wondering if I should get this one instead.

With regards to the sleeping position, I really didn't know there is a preferred side....thanks for the info! :p
Right now with my small tummy, sleeping on my back is more comfy because when I slp on my sides (left or right), I tend to feel this pressure on my abdomen...quite uncomfortable.
But in time to come, I will start slping on my side...I'm naturally more inclined to slp on my left than my right side, so I think I should be fine adapting to this left-side rule. :)

Attachments

• pregnancy pillow 2.JPG
    pregnancy pillow 2.JPG
    38.7 KB · Views: 124
My hubby was also telling me to get the pregnancy pillow. I was looking for it on Qoo10 and the most common one is the U-shape pillow.
But it's quite big and my bed is only queen-size. If I get that, my hubby will have to start sleeping on a mattress on the floor...lolx.
I saw another 1 which is smaller size...wondering if I should get this one instead.

With regards to the sleeping position, I really didn't know there is a preferred side....thanks for the info! :p
Right now with my small tummy, sleeping on my back is more comfy because when I slp on my sides (left or right), I tend to feel this pressure on my abdomen...quite uncomfortable.
But in time to come, I will start slping on my side...I'm naturally more inclined to slp on my left than my right side, so I think I should be fine adapting to this left-side rule. :)

Yes, I'm getting the smaller one because our bed is also queen sized and my 18mo is already on the mattress on the floor.... :) I'll let you know if it works... it should reach me soon.

Left side because it helps in blood flow to the baby and womb, so midwives and doctors usually recommend that. I actually like sleeping on my back so I'm trying to get used to left side now. It took me a while to adjust for my first pregnancy so here we go again.... lol

Hi to all who are experiencing sleeping problems. I go to sleep at 9pm with my toddler, but will wake up in the middle of the night a few times and will take quite a long while to go back to sleep. Sometimes I wake up to pee, sometimes with nausea. I hope to get better soon!

Hi to all who are experiencing sleeping problems. I go to sleep at 9pm with my toddler, but will wake up in the middle of the night a few times and will take quite a long while to go back to sleep. Sometimes I wake up to pee, sometimes with nausea. I hope to get better soon!

Hi @lacrimalake, I guess peeing frequently now is bo bian for us...at most try not to drink anything when its near bedtime.
But for the nauseous-ness, could it be you are hungry and your sugar level is running low? Since you slp at 9pm, it means you took your dinner quite early.

I tend to feel more nauseous when I'm hungry, which makes my morning sickness more unbearable.
So now if I start detecting any signs of hunger coming, I will eat bread or biscuit to prevent the nauseous-ness from kicking in. Perhaps you may want to try eating something (something that can fill you but not make u too full) before you slp. So that when you slp, your stomach will not be too empty and even if you wake up in the middle of the night, you won't be feeling too nauseous.

Ive already started using my u shaped pregnancy pillow early in the pregnancy and am very satisfied with it.. Ive been having a very gd sleep every night, although waking up with bad ms and headache every morning. Now my ms disappearing slowly, actually feeling a bit better already so yes pls do invest in a pregnancy pillow. Im using the ushaped one. Although quite big for my queen size bed, but its going to stay put cos i get cranky when i get insufficient rest. Even my 9yr old enjoy napping on my pregnancy pillow!

Back