September 2016 Mummies!

anyone who is not with TMC signed up for TMC First/Subsequent Born Incentives? Worth getting the membership?
How much it cost? I remember last time i got goodie bag and discount for oscar scan, accommodation (mum and baby),participate doctor fee Dr Adrian woodworth.

We were planning to go to Korea this April, but now with a new baby in the bun we might have to postpone as I dont think I can babywear for long

How old are you? Im thinking to do low cost oscar first. Harmony or panorama is too expensive

How much it cost? I remember last time i got goodie bag and discount for oscar scan, accommodation (mum and baby),participate doctor fee Dr Adrian woodworth.

Im coming 33 this march. Been worrying this and that. I will be doing my panorama test next saturday. praying that everything will turn out okay.

If i didnt remember wrongly, it cost 68$. My doctor is at Mt A but she delivers at TMC as well. Plus I am considering to order confinement food from TMC. Thats y I wonder how it will work for me.

Im coming 33 this march. Been worrying this and that. I will be doing my panorama test next saturday. praying that everything will turn out okay.

If i didnt remember wrongly, it cost 68$. My doctor is at Mt A but she delivers at TMC as well. Plus I am considering to order confinement food from TMC. Thats y I wonder how it will work for me.

I'll be doing panorama too! My appt is end of Feb... so nervous..

The FBI card is 60 bucks for 2 years..but i signed up for it at last sunday's first mums and dads congress so only paid 30 bucks..
if you are delivering at TMC, then its very worth it because there is 100 bucks off delivery..
You also get discounts when you sign up for their prenatal classes..

My third too.
I'm very nervous cos I have two boys already. Hoping to have a mini me

Hi-5! Yes very nervous cos am nt sure if i can handle. My elder girl is very excited and my 2yr old boy, well, hes still clueless but has been very very clingy recently.

Hoping for another boy if possible, just so my 2 y.o has a playmate but no stress abt it. Girl also can.. As long as bb healthy

Hi mummies,

I'm new to this group. It's been a long long time since I last actively participated in motherhood forum. Having #2 after 8 yrs. Gonna be a new start for me all over again. :) Praying for smooth, healthy pregnancy to all of us here.

How many weeks are you? Doing the test so soon?

I also deciding order confinement food or live-in nanny.

Hi mummies,

I'm new to this group. It's been a long long time since I last actively participated in motherhood forum. Having #2 after 8 yrs. Gonna be a new start for me all over again. :) Praying for smooth, healthy pregnancy to all of us here.

welcome babe! my no.1 is 8yrs old too! :)

FBI & SBI card is worth it if u gals having scan/staying in TMC.. last time FBI & SBI membership is SUPER SUPER expensive! they even have how many weeks to how many this price and forwards 3rd trims another price. so dont think so much just reg for those who are interested! cus now is only $60 bucks! and u can get many discount. lol i think room wise have discount but need to stay 1 bedded de i think. :) to find out more check this out. http://www.thomsonmedical.com/firstsubsequent-born-incentives/

For Harmony or Panorama is week 10 onwards.

Hello,
Thank you for correcting me. I appreciate it.

Incidentally, the later you do this test, the chance of having an inconclusive result will be lesser. In the event that this situation happen, do not panic, the nurse will dial you and tell you about and ask you to come by to draw blood again. FOC.

fyi pls

How many weeks are you? Doing the test so soon?

I also deciding order confinement food or live-in nanny.

9weeks liao. That's y next week going for the test.
My Husband doesn't like the idea of having a stranger in the house. So he is toying with the idea of taking a month leave.
Confinement food wise he can't help so may consider order TMC confinement food.

My Husband doesn't like the idea of having a stranger in the house. So he is toying with the idea of taking a month leave.

which means you will be doing ur panorama test at week 10?
wow..thats early.. my gynae only scheduled for me to do mine at week 12..

are you going for the harmony or panorama test? can know the gender after 2 weeks.
nope.. these two tests are so new to me. just googled ..
The Harmony Prenatal Test is a blood screening test for trisomies 21 (Down syndrome), 18, and 13 that delivers accurate results from as early as 10 weeks of pregnancy.
Seems harmony test is more accurate than the oscar test ?

The Harmony Prenatal Test is a blood screening test for trisomies 21 (Down syndrome), 18, and 13 that delivers accurate results from as early as 10 weeks of pregnancy.

Hello,

Oscar is about 90% accuracy and cost $300-$400

Harmony/paranoma is 99% acuracy and cost at least $800

If you are below 35, my personal reccommendation is to go for Oscar.

Jia you

Eh same case here...my husband also likely taking a month's leave that's why thinking of ordering confinement food. I am quite fussy about cleanliness so don't really like another person managing my house stuff. But having a live-in nanny and ordering food, the price difference not much so maybe just hire live-in.

ImageUploadedByForum1454638437.036811.jpg

Here's the charges from my gynae. For your reference.
But I understand some clinics are charging higher.

Hihi, I posted what I got from my gynae for ur reference.
Harmony & Panorama test has a higher accuracy. For a peace of our mind, we are going for the panorama one (which is the extended panel).

Eh same case here...my husband also likely taking a month's leave that's why thinking of ordering confinement food. I am quite fussy about cleanliness so don't really like another person managing my house stuff. But having a live-in nanny and ordering food, the price difference not much so maybe just hire live-in.

Ya not much difference in prices but I heard of some bad experiences with their CL which makes me worried.

I checked with TMC on their CL, they are charging stay in experience CL$3.7k. For stay out (9am to 6pm) experience CL is at $3.1k.

Pretty expensive.

Hihi, I posted what I got from my gynae for ur reference.
Harmony & Panorama test has a higher accuracy. For a peace of our mind, we are going for the panorama one (which is the extended panel).

what's the difference between extended panel and basic panel?
extended panel is blood test + scan of nose bone?
which hospital are u doing ur panorama at?

From what i know the Basic panel only check on 3 chromosomes. For the extended, if i remember correctly, the doctor was telling us it check on 13 chromosomes.
I think I have the harmony brochure at home. Will try to take a photo and post when I am home. :)

Im doing it at my gynae's clinic at Mt A. But I was told that the blood samples for harmony & panorama will be sent to US.

Does the panorama n harmony comes as a package? My gynea only told me abt Oscar n harmony. Nothing mentioned on panorama.
Btw mine is also scheduled on 12 weeks so that I do the detailed scan on the same day. I'm 32 and no family history of down so doc recommended Oscar. But for peace of mind since there's a better test out there I opted for harmony.
Cost wise Oscar abt 300+gst,harmony 950+gst

Hello, extended panel will also draw same amount of blood and also will not have a scan. Basically they will use your blood sample to run a few more tests on a few other, other rare but nonetheless nasty problem that bb might have. Some places call extended panel "with micro deletion". Do note that the accuracy for these additional test is not as accurate.

Cheers

From what i know the Basic panel only check on 3 chromosomes. For the extended, if i remember correctly, the doctor was telling us it check on 13 chromosomes.
I think I have the harmony brochure at home. Will try to take a photo and post when I am home. :)

Im doing it at my gynae's clinic at Mt A. But I was told that the blood samples for harmony & panorama will be sent to US.

hmmm i see...
then its slightly different from the panorama test that my TMC gynae is offering..
mine is just blood test (i think its the standard one.. i.e. no choice of basic or extended) with an option to add on a Nuchal Translucency (NT) scan..
if i do not recall wrongly, both the blood test and NT scan will cost close to $2k

Does the panorama n harmony comes as a package? My gynea only told me abt Oscar n harmony. Nothing mentioned on panorama.
Btw mine is also scheduled on 12 weeks so that I do the detailed scan on the same day. I'm 32 and no family history of down so doc recommended Oscar. But for peace of mind since there's a better test out there I opted for harmony.
Cost wise Oscar abt 300+gst,harmony 950+gst

panorama and harmony are the same (both are Non-invasive prenatal testing or NIPT for short) just offered by different companies so different names
i think the scan you are referring to is just the NT scan..
detailed scan (in which they will count fingers, toes, organs, etc) is done during the 5th month..

hmmm i see...
then its slightly different from the panorama test that my TMC gynae is offering..
mine is just blood test (i think its the standard one.. i.e. no choice of basic or extended) with an option to add on a Nuchal Translucency (NT) scan..
if i do not recall wrongly, both the blood test and NT scan will cost close to $2k

Im so confused now. I thought panorama test is the same throughout. I should have asked the doctor more about it.
Ya I remember there is another detailed scan but I think that will be done later?

Im so confused now. I thought panorama test is the same throughout. I should have asked the doctor more about it.
Ya I remember there is another detailed scan but I think that will be done later?

I think cos unlike OSCAR (which is blood test + NT scan), panorama is just a blood test. Therefore, my gynae gave the option to add on the NT scan..

Read here for more info:
http://sg.******************/facts-about-down-syndrome-screening-tests-in-singapore/2/

Hi! I just tested positive today.. Could you kindly add me into the FB group please?
[email protected]

Thank you
Sent u the invite. Check your email inbox for it.

Hi all, Im new to this thread. Tested positive last week. This will be my #2. Please add me in FB group
I'll need your email address to add you into the FB group.

I have not receive the invite. can you send again?
FB doesn't allow me to resend invites to the same email address. The only other way is that you add me as FB friend and I add you into the group (I'll unfriend after that). Sent you a message with more info.

Hi all, Im new to this thread. Tested positive last week. This will be my #2. Please add me in FB group
Sent u the invite. Check your email inbox for it.

I'll need your email address to add you into the FB group.

FB doesn't allow me to resend invites to the same email address. The only other way is that you add me as FB friend and I add you into the group (I'll unfriend after that). Sent you a message with more info.

Oops.. My email is [email protected]
Thanks!

Back