September 2016 Mummies!

Mind sharing who are your gynaes and which hospital? thanks
I have a few gynae.
One is Dr Heng Tung Lan at Parkway East. She is bubbly and nice. But my husband feels that she rushes through her consultation.
So now I am with Dr Goh Shen Li at Mt Alvernia. She is patient and doesn't rush through the consult. Any questions asked, she will answer. I am comfortable with Dr G SL, so chances will be sticking to her for my #1. She can deliver at Mt Alvernia, Thomson Medical Centre & Mt E Novena.

It is important that you feel comfortable with the gynae. :)

Ya.. I also been trying hard for nearing 2 years before hitting it.. Sometimes the more u wan it the harder u will get.. I really experience myself til on the verge of giving up n wanted to try ivf.. So really this thing cannot Stress too much...

That's what i actually told my hub. They don't need to get pressured because actually my pil is not pressuring them or anything but i think they are getting pressured themselves esp now that CNY is coming. I told hub they are still young and still got another year or two. If they are really concern then start seeking professional help now. Hub asked me to talk to them, I said this topic is sensitive and i will only offer my input if they ask. Sometimes the more you try the more it gets difficult because of stress.

Hello, I'm a new mummy too and EDD is 19 Sept. So, everything is very new! I'm looking for a gynae to go to. Any review of Dr Su Lin Lin from NUH or Dr Goh Shen Li from Mt A? Or any other gynae to recommend?

Quite desperate cos I've been spotting for the past few consecutive days and and my 8 weeks appt is next week. So it's about time to go see a gynae for it.

Appreciate your help!

Understand that there's a FB group? Please add me at [email protected]

Thanks!

Hello! I think spotting is quite a sensitive topic. The other time when I had spotting, my gynae could slot me in to his schedule and saw me on that same day when I called them. If your gynae is not available, can also consider KKH 24hr O&G. Just note that the doctors there may not be very gentle or good with assuring you. Hope everything goes well!!

Hi, I just tested positive on Thursday. My Edd should be early Oct. but based on previous preg baby should be sept baby. Will be going back to my #1 gynea at KKH but still waiting for her clinic to get back to me on my first appt date. So far only got results from test kit.

Is there a fb group where I can be added to?
My email add is [email protected]

I'm able to see heartbeat on my last visit on 26th Jan. Morning sickness start to get worse.. up to 6 times a day. Edd 17 Sep.

Please add me to the FB group: [email protected]
Thanks!
Im having #3 :p

can add me to the grp too? [email protected]

Can add me too. [email protected]

Anyone is 3rd x mummy ?
You've all been sent invites to the FB group recently by either Gwen or myself. Check your email inbox.

Hello! I think spotting is quite a sensitive topic. The other time when I had spotting, my gynae could slot me in to his schedule and saw me on that same day when I called them. If your gynae is not available, can also consider KKH 24hr O&G. Just note that the doctors there may not be very gentle or good with assuring you. Hope everything goes well!!

After dinner on one of the weekday, there was fresh blood. I got a scare and not sure where to go. (Appointment with gynae was much later), so I went to KKH 24 hrs O&G clinic when I was bleeding at week 5. Waited 3 hours to be seen. They got a Snr Consultant to attend to me and was told that it was a threatened miscarriage. I have to stay in bed for a couple of days and was prescribed with Duphaston to help stabilize the pregnancy.
Later on when I visited my gynae, I was told to continue with Duphaston till I am into my week 12.

After dinner on one of the weekday, there was fresh blood. I got a scare and not sure where to go. (Appointment with gynae was much later), so I went to KKH 24 hrs O&G clinic when I was bleeding at week 5. Waited 3 hours to be seen. They got a Snr Consultant to attend to me and was told that it was a threatened miscarriage. I have to stay in bed for a couple of days and was prescribed with Duphaston to help stabilize the pregnancy.
Later on when I visited my gynae, I was told to continue with Duphaston till I am into my week 12.

Hi Amy, may I know what do u mean by threatened mc? Do u mean blighted ovum? I'm diagnosed by my Gynae that there is sac but no yolk sac today. Waiting for another appt a week later. I seek for some hope now.. Sigh

Hi Amy, may I know what do u mean by threatened mc? Do u mean blighted ovum? I'm diagnosed by my Gynae that there is sac but no yolk sac today. Waiting for another appt a week later. I seek for some hope now.. Sigh

Hi ctan13,

When I went for my first appointment at supposed 6 weeks, Doctor did not even spot a sac.. Was told to return 2 weeks later and saw the sac, yolk sac and embryo. I had miscalculated the weeks due to late ovulation. So there's still hope! Don't let worry and negative emotions affect you. Stay positive :)

Same here my 1st visit there's not even a sac seen. 2 days later saw a 5mm sac. Then 1 week later sac is 13mm and saw my little baby blinking! Doc said that's the heart beat. Next visit will be 2 weeks later =)

The doc at KKH 24hours O&G didn't explain, just pass us a brochure and told us to go read. There is no clear explanation on why bleeding occurs. This is not blighted ovum.

Not to worry. My Gynae saw the yolk sac only ytd at week 8. Before this can hardly see a thing. How many weeks are u now?

Stay positive!

Im already 6 weeks bt showing already... This is my 3rd. Anyone else showing already? Maybe its just my big appetite but pple can tell that im preggy already.. Dread to think how big i will be come full term

Same here my 1st visit there's not even a sac seen. 2 days later saw a 5mm sac. Then 1 week later sac is 13mm and saw my little baby blinking! Doc said that's the heart beat. Next visit will be 2 weeks later =)

Dr Ben Tham sounds positive of empty sac. The sac he scanned looks big but can't see any yolk sac. He explains 2 possibilities. Wrong date given so is still early to detect; BO. I'm going for 2nd opinion tmr.

The doc at KKH 24hours O&G didn't explain, just pass us a brochure and told us to go read. There is no clear explanation on why bleeding occurs. This is not blighted ovum.

Not to worry. My Gynae saw the yolk sac only ytd at week 8. Before this can hardly see a thing. How many weeks are u now?

Stay positive!

Hello,

That really good news. Happy for you.

However do note that your motherly instinct is more accurate then even the best gynac. If your body/brain tell you something might be wrong, do not hesitate, do not delay. please go find a woman clinic for a check (If your preferred gynac happen not to be available to see you)

jia you.

Dr Ben Tham sounds positive of empty sac. The sac he scanned looks big but can't see any yolk sac. He explains 2 possibilities. Wrong date given so is still early to detect; BO. I'm going for 2nd opinion tmr.

When in doubt, never wrong to go seek a 2nd professional opinion. No need to feel pai seh or sorry for the 1st doctor. Good and experience doctor will surely be able to understand the anxiety that mummy to be face everyday. If he or she cannot, then he or she is not yet a great doctor.

Jia you.

When in doubt, never wrong to go seek a 2nd professional opinion. No need to feel pai seh or sorry for the 1st doctor. Good and experience doctor will surely be able to understand the anxiety that mummy to be face everyday. If he or she cannot, then he or she is not yet a great doctor.

Jia you.

Thanks for your support. I'm trying hard to stay positive and pin some hope for a different results on tmr appt.

Thanks for your support. I'm trying hard to stay positive and pin some hope for a different results on tmr appt.

All will be well de. Dun think so much, you need more sleep and when you sleep, baby develop faster & better also when you worry, bb will sense it de, beco connected to you ya. When you have difficulty to stay positive (I know how difficulty it is not to worry), just go to sleep. All will be well. :)

Dear Ctan13, hope they find that sac soon. This happened to me in my first pregnancy. It was supposed to be 6 weeks and the doc did a scan. They can't find a sac. I was given 3 days of MC and was told to come back for blood test to see if my hormones are rising (or something like that). Good thing that it did. When i went for a scan two weeks after my overseas trip, they saw the sac and all and I must have calculated wrong or ovulated late
Hoping for a good news for you on your next appointment.

Dear Ctan13, hope they find that sac soon. This happened to me in my first pregnancy. It was supposed to be 6 weeks and the doc did a scan. They can't find a sac. I was given 3 days of MC and was told to come back for blood test to see if my hormones are rising (or something like that). Good thing that it did. When i went for a scan two weeks after my overseas trip, they saw the sac and all and I must have calculated wrong or ovulated late
Hoping for a good news for you on your next appointment.

Oh.. U did travel overseas that time? Cuz I'm going overseas on 4th. Gonna put all worries aside and wait to see Gynae the next day when back. Thank u for the support!

Oh.. U did travel overseas that time? Cuz I'm going overseas on 4th. Gonna put all worries aside and wait to see Gynae the next day when back. Thank u for the support!

i havent book my honeymoon trip... now not sure is it safe to travel in 1st trimester.... thinking to consult gynae before book the tour.

Yup I did. I ask the OB-Gynae seeing me if it's safe to travel, she said that's fine as long as I minimize movement and no tiring activities like running or such. So my poor husband end up carrying all the luggage.

Yup I did. I ask the OB-Gynae seeing me if it's safe to travel, she said that's fine as long as I minimize movement and no tiring activities like running or such. So my poor husband end up carrying all the luggage.

As my Gynae mentioned if is BO, I will get excessive bleeding. Even worst if I'm in overseas which is Phuket/bkk, I won't be get proper medical care. Till now, my bleeding stop.

i havent book my honeymoon trip... now not sure is it safe to travel in 1st trimester.... thinking to consult gynae before book the tour.

Hello,

Usually mummy avoid travelling in the 1st & 3rd Trimester.

1st beco to make sure all is stablise, morning sickness and constantly no energy to do anything beco body is undergoing dramatic change.

3rd beco some airline will not accept you on the plane and also your tummy will be so big and heavy that you will have not enough energy left to play to the max.

All the best.

This is your #1? I will go honey moon if feel everything ok. Just make sure the journey not so tired and in relax pace. Because after baby come out very troublesome to bring baby along, some more additional ticket cost. Ok lah, cost maybe not an issue but really not enjoy to bring baby for tour.

This is your #1? I will go honey moon if feel everything ok. Just make sure the journey not so tired and in relax pace. Because after baby come out very troublesome to bring baby along, some more additional ticket cost. Ok lah, cost maybe not an issue but really not enjoy to bring baby for tour.

yes #1.. we have plan and now waiting for my appt with gynae on next friday to get "green" light to go.
i foresee both parents will nag abit :p

anyone who is not with TMC signed up for TMC First/Subsequent Born Incentives? Worth getting the membership?

Last edited:
Hi, this is also my 3rd baby. Went for scan but can only see yolk sac and a tiny blinking.... Dr say I'm 5 weeks, but according to my LMP I should be 7... Funny how the estimate can be so different.

Please add me onto the fb group ya. [email protected]

yes #1.. we have plan and now waiting for my appt with gynae on next friday to get "green" light to go.
i foresee both parents will nag abit :p

If you're not too far from Trimester 2, why not travel in that period? At least more stable.

Ya...based on my LMP should be 7-8 weeks, but scan says 6 weeks. I guess as long as baby is healthy is ok :)
My doc said I'm week 4-5 too when I thought I maybe week6.. Can only see the sac but no heart beat yet.. I don't wish bb to be too developed yet as I've been drinking a lot before getting a positive! Hope it does not affect bb..

My doc said I'm week 4-5 too when I thought I maybe week6.. Can only see the sac but no heart beat yet.. I don't wish bb to be too developed yet as I've been drinking a lot before getting a positive! Hope it does not affect bb..

As long as you eat well and stop drinking from hereon :)

Back