September 2016 Mummies!

Hello,

I have horrific experience with him, He deliver my 1st child. I am not willing to revist the painful & frightening episode, but i am 101% convinced that none of my close frens and family who know what i went thru will use his service even if it is FOC.

Then again, i must be fair to him that i have read on forum many mummy rave about his service/price etc, in fact that was the reason why i chose him in the first place, looking back, it is one of the worst decision that i made in my life.

I do not know Dr Goh SL and therefore will not comment. I also do not which to reccommend you any gynac because this is my only my 2nd preggy, i do not reccommend anything that i have not personal use before. for the record, I do not work in the medical field and none of my family member are doctors.

All the best. jia you.

:oops: anyway thank god that everything is ok now and all the best to your 2nd preggy!!!

Hi all, New here and a first time mummy.
i am now in my 8 weeks, etd 1 Sep 2016.
I did my first scan at week 5, and all i see is a yolk sac.
My gynae is Dr John Yam, anyone have Any experience with him?
I am now thinking to do Oscars or Harmony test..
Hello! My first boy was under Dr Yam, he's quite nice and patient, good stitching skills as mine was e-csect.

Hello All

I was tested positive last weekend, EDD should be first week of Oct, but little peanut only 2-3 weeks old, but like to c-sect so maybe end up wth Sept baby! Is there a FB group that we can join?

My email add: [email protected]

Would appreciate if someone can add me in there! Many thanks!

any recommendation for the gynae in govt hospital (SGH/KKH/NUH)?
if want to go one of these, is it better to go polyclinic to get refer letter?

any recommendation for the gynae in govt hospital (SGH/KKH/NUH)?
if want to go one of these, is it better to go polyclinic to get refer letter?

If get referrel letter means cannot choose gynea but under subsidy. So, what is your planning?

I got my referal letter from pc and make appontment the week after chinese new year. Any mummy can let me know what supplement kk will provide? Because im vegetarian will buy vege DHA myself, wonder want to buy multi vitamin at the same time?

If get referrel letter means cannot choose gynea but under subsidy. So, what is your planning?

I got my referal letter from pc and make appontment the week after chinese new year. Any mummy can let me know what supplement kk will provide? Because im vegetarian will buy vege DHA myself, wonder want to buy multi vitamin at the same time?

i am not sure which gynae is good too... this is my #1 and not much friends to check with. i am thinking to go for subsidise route and convert to private if needed at the later time... :)

went to see Dr woo at Punggol plaza.. confirmed and saying this is my 7th weeks. but we do think this is only our 5th weeks... hmm
anyway, scheduled another appt after CNY to confirm the EDD..

any comments on Dr woo? I am still hesitating whether to look for Dr Goh SL...

I went to Dr Goh SL last pregnancy and she is very sweet, assuring and professional. Unfortunately I had a mc very early on so that's all the opinion I could gather. I will be going back to her but have yet to schedule an appointment.

Any one experience cramps at upper n lower abdomen around week 8? I normally dont have cramps but jus today. Not painful but like pulling sensation inside..

Any one experience cramps at upper n lower abdomen around week 8? I normally dont have cramps but jus today. Not painful but like pulling sensation inside..

I'm feeling this right now and it's totally different from my 1st. I have never gone to the gynae and we haven't told anyone else because I'm afraid that it might be false alarm for me. I have tested positive a few times but we decided to wait. I don't know why it's like that also.

Ya me too!! I don't dare to do so many things now :confused: Don't even know can go for haircut or not...

Hi Elm,
Same here. I also dare not cut hair, use scissors on the bed, etc but ah for the 3 months thingy...I can't wait to share the good news. Now the whole family knows and some friends & colleagues. Haha

Hi Elm,
Same here. I also dare not cut hair, use scissors on the bed, etc but ah for the 3 months thingy...I can't wait to share the good news. Now the whole family knows and some friends & colleagues. Haha
it is very difficult to hide the good news from the family and close friends... we might reveal this weekend during the early reunion dinner. haha kind of excited to welcome our #1 *surprise*!!

obimin and folic acid.

I was above 30 when i conceived my #1 but i didn't do the oscars test. What actually happens during the Oscars test?
they will just do a blood test ( if i remember correctly) and then when results is out, a lady will explain what the results mean and give you a pamphlet. If the percentage of a certain aspect is high, then will explain the likelyhood of ds in your child and recommend for the next level of testing which requires drawing out sample from the foetus or spine (correct me if im wrong cause this was in 2013). doing that may have some effect on yr foetus/body and they will explain all this before you decide to proceed for nx level testing or not. if your percentage is low or acceptable range, dont need to go for nx level testing. i think there was also a scan of baby where they take measurements of certain features like nose, forehead and eyes cause i think if these features are abnormally large, then also chances of ds are there.

Hi Elm,
Hi Amy,
Haha ya I am also trying so hard to hold back from telling anyone, but will probably tell our families very soon. Actually it's because we scared our mums will tell all those relatives during CNY :rolleyes: You know la all those aunties sit together sure will tell everything...
Oh so you also don't dare to cut hair ah?

it is very difficult to hide the good news from the family and close friends... we might reveal this weekend during the early reunion dinner. haha kind of excited to welcome our #1 *surprise*!!

Haha yes. Furthermore my husband restricts me from eating some food, one of which is abalone or any canned food and to worsen things, I get nausea when I smell some food. It will be so difficult to hide during reunion lor. This is my #1 too! :)

Hi Amy,
Haha ya I am also trying so hard to hold back from telling anyone, but will probably tell our families very soon. Actually it's because we scared our mums will tell all those relatives during CNY :rolleyes: You know la all those aunties sit together sure will tell everything...
Oh so you also don't dare to cut hair ah?

Oh yes those aunties love to yak yak yak.
I used to bake every year for my in laws and my family. This year I was not allowed to bake plus I'm putting on weight...people will speculate & gossip will start. :(
Ya not cutting till maybe after 4 months or don't cut at all for the whole 9 months. :)

Oh yes those aunties love to yak yak yak.
I used to bake every year for my in laws and my family. This year I was not allowed to bake plus I'm putting on weight...people will speculate & gossip will start. :(
Ya not cutting till maybe after 4 months or don't cut at all for the whole 9 months. :)

Wow not cutting hair for 9 months o_O I went to cut yesterday haha, now ready for CNY :)

Last edited:
Haha, i just cooked last week. I think not cutting a bit difficult, but maybe not cutting or using scissors on the bed should be more apt.

Ya same here. I cook for hubby and myself on weekdays so definitely need to use those items. I just don't use on the bed.

Hi I am a first timer here . My LMP was 15 Dec 15. Did a test on 16 Jan 16 and result came out postive. Seen gynea a few days later to confirm as I had some spotting . Had recurrent mc in 2014 and gynea advised to see him the min I m tested positive. First vaginal scan confirmed pregnant. Saw the sac but was still small . Went back 10 days later , able to see the yolk sac but no heartbeat yet. Gynea took my blood test for hcg level,going bk tmr for another blood test and advised that I am about 5 weeks plu. I am hoping for the best . I had two successfully pregnancies. Every pregnancy is indeed different. I am currently on folic / duphaston and uestresgon.

Please add me to fb page [email protected]

Hi,

I'm new. I went polyclinic yday n tested positive, I'm so excited, this is my first pregnancy.. Mine is 5 weeks, estimate will be a Sept baby Based on a pregnancy app. I didn't tell anyone yet, wish to tell them when I'm 3 months..
Got referral from polyclinic to KKH, now waiting for their call for my next appointment. Anybody also going kkh?
My fb : [email protected]
Pls add me :)

Hi I am a first timer here . My LMP was 15 Dec 15. Did a test on 16 Jan 16 and result came out postive. Seen gynea a few days later to confirm as I had some spotting . Had recurrent mc in 2014 and gynea advised to see him the min I m tested positive. First vaginal scan confirmed pregnant. Saw the sac but was still small . Went back 10 days later , able to see the yolk sac but no heartbeat yet. Gynea took my blood test for hcg level,going bk tmr for another blood test and advised that I am about 5 weeks plu. I am hoping for the best . I had two successfully pregnancies. Every pregnancy is indeed different. I am currently on folic / duphaston and uestresgon.

Invite sent! Check your email inbox.

Had spotting at ard week 4. Went kkh checked on my blood level. Went up. Spotting stop. But now at week 5, i have light brown spotting again. Sighz. Think i'll go see my gynae tml.

Had spotting at ard week 4. Went kkh checked on my blood level. Went up. Spotting stop. But now at week 5, i have light brown spotting again. Sighz. Think i'll go see my gynae tml.
Better go and see ur gynea and get ur an Tai medicine . Rest more on bed.
I had spotting too and immediately went to see my gynea as I had previous history of MC. He put me on duphaston and utrogestan. Spotting stop . I think I was at 4 weeks at mine was quite early too ..

Hi Adel ! Mine was 15 Dec too ! Our due date must be very similar ? Have not seen gynae yet but based on calculation tool my due date should be 20th Sept

Hi, I just tested positive on Thursday. My Edd should be early Oct. but based on previous preg baby should be sept baby. Will be going back to my #1 gynea at KKH but still waiting for her clinic to get back to me on my first appt date. So far only got results from test kit.

Is there a fb group where I can be added to?
My email add is [email protected]

Hi Sept Mummies!

I just found out that my facial wash contains Propylparaben which is a ingredient not suitable for pregnant ladies.

Anyone has any recommendations for facial wash which is suitable for sensitive skin? (Non foaming/ preferably gel type?)

Better go and see ur gynea and get ur an Tai medicine . Rest more on bed.
I had spotting too and immediately went to see my gynea as I had previous history of MC. He put me on duphaston and utrogestan. Spotting stop . I think I was at 4 weeks at mine was quite early too ..
I requested duphaston from the kkh O&G doc. I'll go see my gynae tml. Keep my fingers crossed.

Back