September 2016 Mummies!

Dont worry for now, because worrying does not change anything. Maybe it's a blighted ovum, maybe you ovulated later than you thought. Keep us updated! Hope it turns out well.

Yeah which is why i am now slightly more relaxed and more focused on having my nutrients for baby monkey. I keep telling myself as long theres nothing abnormal baby is fine :)

Hi all, New here and a first time mummy.
i am now in my 8 weeks, etd 1 Sep 2016.
I did my first scan at week 5, and all i see is a yolk sac.
My gynae is Dr John Yam, anyone have Any experience with him?
I am now thinking to do Oscars or Harmony test..

Hi all, New here and a first time mummy.
i am now in my 8 weeks, etd 1 Sep 2016.
I did my first scan at week 5, and all i see is a yolk sac.
My gynae is Dr John Yam, anyone have Any experience with him?
I am now thinking to do Oscars or Harmony test..
Hi, did u hear any heartbeat? At week 8?

Last edited:
Hi, did u hear any heartbeat? Week 5 is stilll very early stage of pregnancy. did dr show u the baby within the sac?
Normally they do measurement on the sac/ baby itself !

At week 5, the scan shows a yolk sac.i did a scan to cfm that it isn't a etopic pregnancy as my friend had 1.
The scan i did last sat, at week 8, has a heartbeat and the baby but it isnt very clear hehe.

sorry to hear your loss.
You mentioned blighted ovum (empty sac), do u have to undergo D&C to clean it up? Or dr gave u some med to let it come out naturally?

Hi mrsng2016,

My gynae at that time Dr Loh SF gave me cytotec to insert vaginally. I almost died as the afternoon that I had my 2nd round of cytotec tabs inserted vaginally, I went to hairdresser; then I realized that I was gushing out blood. Soaked 3 maxi pads in 1.5 hours.

Now under the care of Professor Choolani due to recurrent miscarriages history.

Hello everyone! new joiner here :) i am currently 5weeks+ pregnant! So excited and cant wait for my next checkup on 13 feb. shld be able to see a small figure during ultrasound by then :p

Good morning! I am quite nervous and excited as i am typing here. I just tested positive but i have not told my hb yet. We have been trying for months and this is the first positive i see. How many weeks can we be able to detect heartbeat and time to see gynae?

Hihi u can visit ya gynea maybe at 6-7 weeks at the meantime now can go Watson or guardian to buy some folic acid. Usually early can't see anything n charge u 200 plus Liao so no point. Rather better u go at 6-7 weeks better :)

Fb page for add I pm Gwendy not purple rain.

Leilamummy I'm not the admin can't add, I will ask her to check her inbox ba. U send her your hp no. Ba

Just to share.. my first appt with Dr Suzanna yst. KKH as private patient not subsidised. She is at clinic D which is at B1.

I arrived at 2.25 although appt is 2.05. As I was registering, announcement made that she has a delivery to attend to and will be back in 30 mins which I was thankful for cause I was from work and was really hungry.

After registration, had lunch and returned to clinic at about 2.50? She returned 5 mins later. 3 patients in front of me, then it was my turn.

Based on 1st day last menses, supposedly 10 weeks old. But since my menses has always been irregular, she did a scan. So 7 weeks only. She took abt 5 snaps and gave 4 to me. Patiently explained abt cyst and baby's heartbeat. I really like her alrd. Very patient and really explains what i don't know.

She or her nurse also scheduled all upcoming appts in the room instead of the nurse at payment counter doing it (during ny 1st pregnancy,i was at clinic a and they are super slow)

I was really impressed at how much faster the waiting time at clinic d was compared to when i was at clinic a for my first pregnancy. Or maybe it was just a very good day for me yesterday.

If all goes well, next appt is 29th feb. Havent decided on whether to do the oscar test although I did do it for my first one.

Mind sharing if any of you change your skincare routine to any specific brand? I stop using my existing products for those which contains harmful ingredients. o_O

Lurvees, no I didn't change my skin care but I was careful to tell my beautician not to use anything on me that would be harmful like RF machine. Not sure what ingredients I should be careful.

Any of you going to color hair or do nails for CNY ?

Any of your tummy showing?

Lurvees, no I didn't change my skin care but I was careful to tell my beautician not to use anything on me that would be harmful like RF machine. Not sure what ingredients I should be careful.

Hi babydust, I used to do my hair and nails every new year. My sis says colour hair should be fine. It probably won't affect baby but I'm just playing safe this year. Not gonna do my nails too cause of the chemical smell. But I'm ganchiong la cause it's my first pregnancy so I'll do whatever I can to protect this little one.

To be honest, I don't know if my tummy is showing. Haha! I should be about 7 weeks now. Seeing gynae next week. Hubby says I've been sleeping too much and not exercising that's why I have a tummy. Lol!!

Hi, my tummy is showing but i dont know is it because I am eating much more than normal. Gain about 3kg in less than a month lol.

I am skipping hair n nails for cny..

Not going to color hair or do nails. Try to stay away from those chemical smell if possible :confused:
And also not sure if thats baby bump or just fats showing ahahahhaha :D

Mind sharing if any of you change your skincare routine to any specific brand? I stop using my existing products for those which contains harmful ingredients. o_O

No I didn't change mine cos I have no idea which to change too.
When I went to Clarins counter to but the oil, the salesgirl told me to get their facial line saying it's safe for baby. But I still have my existing de. So didn't buy.
I'm in my 7 weeks.

No colour of hair or nails this year. Was told not to cos of the chemicals we inhale.

I'm in my 7 weeks and I'm showing. Feeling so bloated up. Are any of u the same? My Husband said I'm putting weight too fast. Sigh

Hello all, I have also been tested positive recently, should be around 7 weeks too.
Is my first pregnancy so not sure about a lot of things. Can we go for haircut? CNY coming up so had wanted to cut hair but heard some people say cannot cut hair.

Back