Seeking Feedback (for project) : Part time Nanny

Would you hire a ad-hoc baby sitter?

• Yes, i am looking for such services.

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • No, i will not.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe, but i will chose like to interview first.

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cloverluv

Hi All Mummies,
As part of a project for a part time course i am pursuing,
i have opt to do a case study for the need of hiring a part time nanny for young families and would like to hear more on this topic from everyone out here.

Please do feel free to comment.
Any information posted here will be used collectively as part of the research and will not be singled out singly as opinion.

Please share here only if you feel comfortable to. :)

As full time working parents and not staying close to parents/inlaws, finding good help is always an issue.
There will always be times where the child is unwell but we are unable to put work behind.
Or rushing to knock off from work to pick up the kids from childcare/student care....?

Sounds painfully familiar?
It does, for me, at least. :(

Hence as part of my project, we are looking into this issue and determine if there is a need for ad-hoc or part time nanny/baby sitter services.
We are aware that such ad-hoc services are available but not widely accepted.
-- should you be using any, do let us know of your opinions such as rates/scope of services/etc

Base on the below:
The Playmate
-- Someone younger (18yo and above/likely full time tertiary/uni students)
-- Personality would be screened through by a registered company that is providing this service.
-- Providing a schedule of activity (such as board games/puzzles/story telling etc) to be done while you are out/busy (at home).
-- Be at birthday party with some simple activity corners to help "jagar" the kids with some fun activities as planned. (at least they are not watching TV or watching/playing tablets :D)
-- You have the option to have this person to come by say for 2 hours while u get busy prepping meals or chores...
-- How much would you pay for this service (by hour).

The Nanny Nanny
The other option of service we are looking into:
Baby sitter/nanny can also be a matured lady staying around your neighbourhood,
-- she can help pick up kids from student/childcare should you be late for work.
-- provide dinner at a additional cost
-- you may pick the kids up thereafter your work/ should you have any dinner date.
-- How much would you pay for this service (by hour).

Above scenario are on the basis that the above services will be provided by a legitimate company.

Do feedback and share your thoughts with us!

Thank you in advance.:)

for me, i do not need by hour. most likely is by day. we will go holiday several times per yr and i'm scare that my parents or parents in law cannot handle, so i dont mind hiring nanny (day time) for the period i'm not in singapore.

To add on,
this service can be "activated" when you have a few kids (cousins/classmates) together when school is out.. say at the grandma's house..
activities like cake baking/making or artwork doing.. lego craft etc will be available at a nominal cost and will be supervised according to ratio.

Again the services fees are affordable.. say range from $10-$15/pax/hour. (accordingly to the ration of the kids)

Parents/guardian can chose to provide materials or purchased with reimbursement.

All feedback welcome! :p

Back