Sales/Promotion

Hi mummies,
i'm new in this forum. is my first pregnancy and baby will out soon this June. I will be going to the fair tomorrow. Hope can get good baby car seat and baby sling. Anyone have any reccomendations?

Hi Joey,
I would recommend the Ergo baby carrier instead as you can use for a long time. very worth it as my girl is 11kg and I am comfortable using it.

qoosan,
i went n also couldn't find babysafe. was also looking for it. think my info is wrong. sorry abt that.

Bought many diapers today at the Fair! Can ask for samples & free gifts like baby toothbrush, wet wipes, bib if buy EQ or Sealer. Have to speak to the right salesperson though... the newer helpers usually do not dare to give more...

Nepia good deal cos give free 4pcs samples with every pack. Thinking of going back to stock up. Anyone knows if its cheaper to buy diapers from Malaysia? Going KL next week, so dunno if should stock up at the Fair or buy in KL?

Thanks Sghlynn & Nancy for the recommendations,
HB and me will be going to the fair this noon. we will see which brand we like. Thanks
happy.gif

och, no problem. I did not have enough time to go through all booths so was thinking maybe I have miss out mustela booth.

Mel C,
Is Sealer brand good? How is it compared to other brand?Btw, don't think M'sia has better diaper prices.

<font color="0000ff">Young Parents Fiesta 2007
22 - 24 June 2007
Marina Square Central Atrium</font>

MelC,

Based on my experience, Diapers are not cheap in KL. Its the same price after conversion, or slightly more expensive. Advise you buy here instead.

Only the local brands like Giant, may get cheaper, but quality no good.

QooSan,
Sealer is from Taiwan, I juz started using today. Will feedback if good... A mommy was buying at the booth with her friend & bargaining for free gifts, I was beside her looking at the samples & she told me that she has been using all the while for her 11mths bb & thinks its very value for money. She said she uses EQ for daytime and Sealer for night. The promo at the Fair is cheapest she has come across so far, even cheaper den drypers, so she recommended me to try.

I was using drypers L for ds but for Sealer cos cutting seems bigger, I can use the M size so even more value!

meng
Thanks for yr advice! In this case, think I may go down to the fair again to buy some more diapers instead of buying in KL.

MelC,
You're right, if a person can wear L for drypers, can fit into sealer M as sealer is bigger cutting. Diapers sold in malaysia will be Drypers the cheapest. And to compare prices, carrefour in JB will offer the cheapest as compare to Giant and the store.

dodos,

read from papers (Life section), pampers M & L 1 pack $11.90 but only for 1st 100 i think.

NTUC selling M/L $46.90 for 2 and XL $46.90 for 3, think this discount is offered by pampers (the company) itself so should be quite gd liao. plus if buy from NTUC, factor in yr end rebate and link pts...
happy.gif

mummies,
read this info frm ST just now on Victoria's Secret & GAP warehouse sales

Date: 7 - 10 June 2007
Time: 10am to 10pm
venue: Level 3, No. 11 Beach Rd (next to Raffles Hotel - Corner White Bldg at junction of Beach Road & Seah StreeT)
Transport: City Hall MRT (3min walks)
Bus Routes: 56, 57, 100, 107, 961

Hi mtblynne

So far used sealer for 2 days, seems ok. Ds seems comfortable. Very value for money but I'm not sure why but I seem to be able to smell my ds urine more when I use Sealer. Not sure if its cos my ds's urine is smellier den usual. Does anyone hv the same problem? Hmmm...

Hi mtblynne,

U can get sealer from Giant and Sheng Siong. That's what I found out from the fair. I also bot 1 pack of EQ and Sealer to dry. Haven't tried Sealer but EQ is gd so far.

hi all.

ya, i heard nepia and sealer are the most popular brands for quality... but my sis also recommend the giant brand. her baby girl wore giant for very long and no complaints. she say it's better than drypers...

Yes, I support home brands of supermarkets- NTUC, Cold Storage, Shop and Save, Giant...

their diapers are typically very cheap, and not bad quality...trick is not to wear till its super heavy, so change regularly...

I use Fitti Basic for day, and NTUC for night- each piece less than 0.25 cents =)

oily,
i heard frm frens Wing Tai's having sales frm 12-17 June including Fox but not sure baby clothes on sales or not

dodos,

posted earlier on pampers offer at NTUC. mayb can scroll up and read?
happy.gif
just checked - it's on till 30june 07

grow - think i saw offer at giant last week. not sure if still on $19.25 for 1kg.

gain - so far nothing but have you tried this online site? www.dignus.com.sg? their 1.8kg is 45.50...

you seem to be looking out for the same offers as me. our kids ard same age grp? bet 1yr - 4yr?
happy.gif

Bukit batok west mall guardian having sale on diaper and milk powder. think is Gain and mumil gold.

hi cathy, not sure how long. they put it just infront of entr.should last till this weekend as still there yesterday. not all brand have. i can only remember this 2 brand.

Celebrate Fathers Day at East Coast Park!

DATE: 17 June 2007 (Sunday, Fathers Day)
TIME: 11am - 6pm
VENUE: East Coast Parkway, Area E (big field beside Carpark E2, near East Coast Lagoon Food Village)

For more information. can login to
http://www.10000fathers.sg

Hi lynn n oily..
yes, wing tai's sale @ tampines road hv lots of kids and baby clothing..
- topshop, topman, dorothy perkins
- fox, fox kids, fox baby

Hi crayonmum, they're open from 12-7pm till 17 Jun 07.

Cheers

dodos,

i was at NTUC thomson plaza just last night and saw the tag - said offer on til 30 june...maybe can go there?
happy.gif

hi crayonmum/all mummies,

for your info:

Date : 12th - 17th June
Time : 12 - 7pm
Venue : Wing Tai Industrial Building, 105 Tampines Road
Brands : Topshop, Topman, Dorothy Perkins, Fox Men, Fox Women & Fox Baby

p/s: thanks, BM!

hi cathy, they put mamil and Gain together in 1 trolly for sale. may be they mean that gain ' discount are lesser that mamil.

Hi kittybear,

I went down in the afternoon was quite crowded! Baby clothes are really worth it! Tops are $3 and bottoms are $5 only. I bought abt 20 over pcs and total abt $50+ only.

There are lots of gals clothing, boys are much lesser but still managed to get some nice pcs.

Did not look thru the ladies & mens side though but think most are less than $10.

Rainbow,
Baby clothing from newborn and above. Think alot from 3 to 6 months. Have for toddlers as well.

kittybear,
Hope u find something cos I was carrying baby so could not really dig for clothing. Quite messy, and after awhile, I realise alot of repeat clothing though but still some quite nice.

Hi mummies,

Went down to the fox sale just now. mostly baby girls' clothes.
sad.gif
my baby is a boy and almost all the sizes are 3-6 mths for fox baby. But managed to find 5 lah.
happy.gif
Must buy min 5 at $3 per pc for the tops.

Back