Reduced in milk intake

Akyr

My 5 months old has been drinking lesser and lesser and it has just started about a week ago..LO is eff. I started abit of puree when lo is about 4.5 months and poop is normal, more solid and more smelly. Currently lo only take about 2-3oz of formula on each feedings. Time interval wise very hard to determine, can vary from 1.5-3hrs each time. Before this happen she can drink about 3.5-6oz per 3-4hr. Now total amount of milk a day is roughly about 15oz on average. Tried to not give too much solid food and only had 1 small meal per day, tried not to give even a meal per day to see if whether does she drink more milk, still, it doesnt actually increase the milk intake per feed. LO can sleep through the night most of the time. This is really making me worried day by day. Anyone can help?

I think wat u can do is monitor her growth... If she is still active, u dont have 2 worry too much.

My gal went thru dat phase of not drinking or eating, I brought her 2 PD n was told she is growing well n i shldnt worry.

However, i got Pediasure milk n will give her dat during d day... Just to ensure dat she has all her nutrients.

But if u r still worried, mayb can bring her 2 c a doc?

I see. So im not the only one here. Someday she is active and happy some day she just moody and doesn't want anything. She's been taking short naps. Does not sleep more than 1 hr per nap. Is that normal for a 5 month old?

Depends on overall how many hours does she sleeps? Just like d milk intake, PD usually looks at totality.

For my gal, she is an early riser so she would naps at about 10am for about an hour. In d afternoon she may naps again 4 about an hr or 2 depending on what time she naps. I try not 2 let her nap past 5pm as I wan her 2 b in bed by 8pm.

Plus if your gal can sleeps thru d nite n longer, it's even better.

Including bed time? If so, roughly about 15-18h per day. She will sleep from about 11pm-12+ and then wake up at 5-6+(normally) or earlier in the morning for feeding and then back to sleep till 8-10+am wake up. Milk intake for 1 day including night feedings vary from 20-23oz.

Back