Recurrent Miscarriages

I am currently going through my third MC. Could anyone pls advise if it I should see Dr Vasoo or Dr Choolani for checks? What’s the difference? Also if there is a WA group, I would love to join.
Thanks in advance.

Hi I just got diagnosed blighted ovum at week 6 when the doc say I only have a sac that’s 4 weeks plus and it didn’t grow over 4 days. He asked me to wait and see for period to come ot for body to get re-absorbed. Now I had some pink/ brown spotting discharge for only 1 day, isit Normal for a miscarriage? I thought miscarriage would be heavy bleeding and passing out clots.

Hi I just got diagnosed blighted ovum at week 6 when the doc say I only have a sac that’s 4 weeks plus and it didn’t grow over 4 days. He asked me to wait and see for period to come ot for body to get re-absorbed. Now I had some pink/ brown spotting discharge for only 1 day, isit Normal for a miscarriage? I thought miscarriage would be heavy bleeding and passing out clots.

Hi twinklemini,

so sorry to hear that.
The bleeding will slowly become heavier in the next few days & also cramps a little more intense than normal period

Hi Twinklemini

Are you on any progesterone? I think I’m also gonna to be in the same situation as you. I have my 1st scan at week 6 and only saw a sac with nothing visible inside. Bcos I’m a ivf case, my Gynae asked me to come back for scan 2 weeks later to see whether the sac has grow with baby inside. I do not have spotting yet probably bcos I’m on oral progesterone.

I am currently going through my third MC. Could anyone pls advise if it I should see Dr Vasoo or Dr Choolani for checks? What’s the difference? Also if there is a WA group, I would love to join.
Thanks in advance.
Hi Pink Dolphin

Understand your pain.. I had a stillborn at week34 and early miscarriage at week10.
I did see Dr Vasoo for a series of blood tests and results came back normal as recommended by my friend who went through 5 miscarriages before her rainbow baby comes. Did you manage to get an appointment with either of them?

Hi Twinklemini

Are you on any progesterone? I think I’m also gonna to be in the same situation as you. I have my 1st scan at week 6 and only saw a sac with nothing visible inside. Bcos I’m a ivf case, my Gynae asked me to come back for scan 2 weeks later to see whether the sac has grow with baby inside. I do not have spotting yet probably bcos I’m on oral progesterone.
Hello bbsparkle mine diagnosed blighted ovum after 4 days from the first scan cos he took my hcg level it only increase by 100 and not doubling and that when he scan he see little or no growth and abnormal sac shape. Hence never wait 2 weeks and he asked me to stop eating the progesterone pills and gave me antibiotics in case of any infections. I didn’t take the antibiotics that he gave.

Hi Twinklemini

Just curious cos I’m going to go try ivf after my miscarriage does ivf do genetic testing to choose only the genetically right eggs?

Just curious cos I’m going to go try ivf after my miscarriage does ivf do genetic testing to choose only the genetically right eggs?

Yes is called Pgd or pgs have to buy the kit to do the testing. Also testing is depend on how many viable embryos to test. They will put in normal tested embryos. Those abnormal embryos will be discarded. Prepare like 8k -10k cash to put aside

yes as mentioned by lady081980, it is called PGS testing. I’m doing my ivf with kkh but didn’t went for that cos I only managed to have 2 Day5 blastocysts. This is also my 1st ivf cycle.

Hello bbsparkle mine diagnosed blighted ovum after 4 days from the first scan cos he took my hcg level it only increase by 100 and not doubling and that when he scan he see little or no growth and abnormal sac shape. Hence never wait 2 weeks and he asked me to stop eating the progesterone pills and gave me antibiotics in case of any infections. I didn’t take the antibiotics that he gave.
Maybe need to wait for a few more days for the flow to come properly. If still didn’t come after that maybe better to call the clinic and ask for advice?

yes as mentioned by lady081980, it is called PGS testing. I’m doing my ivf with kkh but didn’t went for that cos I only managed to have 2 Day5 blastocysts. This is also my 1st ivf cycle.
Me too! I’m going KKH too had to reschedule to April cs of the miscarriage. Anyway isit a very painful process for egg extraction and the injections are they similar to So-IUI? Do they ask you if you need PGS test at extra cost after the egg extraction?

Me too! I’m going KKH too had to reschedule to April cs of the miscarriage. Anyway isit a very painful process for egg extraction and the injections are they similar to So-IUI? Do they ask you if you need PGS test at extra cost after the egg extraction?
I think the stimulation jabs are manageable not scary.. however the egg retrieval process I have some cramps for a few days after the procedure done. I didn’t have SO-IUI before only did natural IUI but both tries failed. As for the PGS, I didn’t ask as I didn’t know beforehand and also didn’t have so many embryos available.

Hello bbsparkle, don’t worry stay positive , do they share during week 6 how big is your sac?
I think the stimulation jabs are manageable not scary.. however the egg retrieval process I have some cramps for a few days after the procedure done. I didn’t have SO-IUI before only did natural IUI but both tries failed. As for the PGS, I didn’t ask as I didn’t know beforehand and also didn’t have so many embryos available.
I see ok hmm for the egg retrieval during the process when they sedate you, you don’t know anything and can’t feel pain right?

Hello bbsparkle, don’t worry stay positive , do they share during week 6 how big is your sac?

yes yes trying very hard to stay positive thanks! Hmm.. no leh I didn’t ask too cos too shocked :( it’s like riding roller coaster.Every pregnancy is tough.

why did u want to perform PGS testing? Your Gynae advise you to do so?

I see ok hmm for the egg retrieval during the process when they sedate you, you don’t know anything and can’t feel pain right?
Yes during the whole process i was like asleep and wake up at the recovery ward. It’s quite fast around 15min actual procedure

[/QUOT

yes yes trying very hard to stay positive thanks! Hmm.. no leh I didn’t ask too cos too shocked :( it’s like riding roller coaster. Every pregnancy is tough.

yes yes trying very hard to stay positive thanks! Hmm.. no leh I didn’t ask too cos too shocked :( it’s like riding roller coaster. Every pregnancy is tough.

Hmm because I read about it blighted ovum is due to bad egg/ sperm quality hence i thought that ivf can do pgs testing at least to ensure the fertilised egg are highly viable to minimise issues with blighted ovum again. Sigh. I really dunno isit my egg problem or husband sperm issue. Really dilemma because at times I thought only a good quality egg/ sperm will be able to be fertilised and implant at the same time

Actually if u wanna find out if both of u hv underlying issue, do karotyping for both of u. I done b4 that why we find out the issue. Karyotype is a test to identify and evaluate the size, shape, and number of chromosomes in a sample of body cells. Results of a karyotype test are usually available within 1 to 2 weeks.

Genetic karyotyping—also known as chromosome analysis—is testing that can reveal certain genetic abnormalities. It can be used to confirm or diagnose a genetic disorder or disease. Or, the testing may reveal that a couple is at risk for having a child with a genetic or chromosomal disorder.

sometimes it’s the egg already abnormal or the wrong sperm is picked. Nobody will have 100% all good.

Hmm because I read about it blighted ovum is due to bad egg/ sperm quality hence i thought that ivf can do pgs testing at least to ensure the fertilised egg are highly viable to minimise issues with blighted ovum again. Sigh. I really dunno isit my egg problem or husband sperm issue. Really dilemma because at times I thought only a good quality egg/ sperm will be able to be fertilised and implant at the same time
I see.. maybe also depends on our luck too.
Who is your Gynae in kkh? Mine is Dr Liu Shuling. Focus on your recovery and drink more 补. Did your flow come back heavier? I think all the hormone pills are messing up our cycle.

Actually if u wanna find out if both of u hv underlying issue, do karotyping for both of u. I done b4 that why we find out the issue. Karyotype is a test to identify and evaluate the size, shape, and number of chromosomes in a sample of body cells. Results of a karyotype test are usually available within 1 to 2 weeks.

Genetic karyotyping—also known as chromosome analysis—is testing that can reveal certain genetic abnormalities. It can be used to confirm or diagnose a genetic disorder or disease. Or, the testing may reveal that a couple is at risk for having a child with a genetic or chromosomal disorder.

sometimes it’s the egg already abnormal or the wrong sperm is picked. Nobody will have 100% all good.
This test is through blood test? And how much does it usually cost?

I see.. maybe also depends on our luck too.
Who is your Gynae in kkh? Mine is Dr Liu Shuling. Focus on your recovery and drink more 补. Did your flow come back heavier? I think all the hormone pills are messing up our cycle.
Mine is dr sadharna. Hmm my flow came le the pain is bad but not as heavy as my usual flow. So I dunno if this is considered the first period after a miscarriage or the miscarriage itself.

This test is through blood test? And how much does it usually cost?

Yes is through blood test. My hubby & I done at nuh. Last time cost us around $1.3k. This one no subsidies

My hubby sperm have issues caused by balanced translocation. A lot aren’t good swimmers, those that are good tend not to have chromosome problems, that’s why can conceive naturally twice & have live birth but recently also mc from natural.... so is also like ivf Heng suay matter. Whether is ivf or natural both hv the likely hood of miscarriage

Last edited:
Hi Pink Dolphin

Understand your pain.. I had a stillborn at week34 and early miscarriage at week10.
I did see Dr Vasoo for a series of blood tests and results came back normal as recommended by my friend who went through 5 miscarriages before her rainbow baby comes. Did you manage to get an appointment with either of them?

hi BBsparkle,

yes seeing her end of March. Yourself?

Chromosome issue sperm/egg also can be able to fertilised and implant at the same time but won’t live long .... that why miscarriage occur as they dun survive long. Yes Pgd/pgs can ensure that normal embryos is being transferred without chromosome issue but then it doesn’t guarantee bfp

embryologist will only pick the fastest swimmers sperm by naked eyes, same goes for our eggs, but how the quality fare they won’t know unless do Pgd/pgs.

Last edited:
Chromosome issue sperm/egg also can be able to fertilised and implant at the same time but won’t live long .... that why miscarriage occur as they dun survive long. Yes Pgd/pgs can ensure that normal embryos is being transferred without chromosome issue but then it doesn’t guarantee bfp

embryologist will only pick the fastest swimmers sperm by naked eyes, same goes for our eggs, but how the quality fare they won’t know unless do Pgd/pgs.
How does the Pgd test works?

How does the Pgd test works?

The kit is buy frm from overseas. Need to put down deposit with nuh before they purchase for u. Kit only work for one time upon opening. Hav expiry date of 3 months. Tested on day3 embryos plus biopsy. They will release the biopsy result to u upon payment of the full Pgd kit & biopsy.
Hv to transfer on day5 or frozen for next cycle.

is depend on what chromosome issue u hv & they will purchase accordingly.So prices may varies accordingly. My kit already 7k. So plus biopsy (depending on how many embryos being tested) ... total around 10k alone (plus minus).

so far I come across 2 that done Pgd with live birth in this forum (one with multiple miscarriages but strike on her 2nd frozen,another one with chromosomes issue strike at her 2nd frozen cycle too, she only hv 2 embryos after pgd tested). Both done their ivf at nuh

Last edited:
hi BBsparkle,

yes seeing her end of March. Yourself?
I see her back in 2019 for a series of blood tests and the results were normal. So she ask me to go back see her once I’m pregnant to start taking aspirin based on my history. I didn’t go back as I started my 1st ivf at kkh and my Gynae also prescribed me aspirin. My week6 scan can only see the sac so this time might not be viable pregnancy.

Here more for those interested in pgd

Ladies I had the large chunk of clot came out bleeding is slower and about to end but I still feel cramps, isit normal for the miscarriage?

No leh I still feel quite a lot of cramp but just nothing coming out and it feels very heavy. Sigh. I’m quite worried and wonder if this is normal.
Maybe try to rest more and see whether tomorrow can call your Gynae to check what should be the norm... when’s the next scan with your Gynae to make sure all are cleared out? For my previous miscarriage, I went through the D&C day surgery to clear out.

Maybe try to rest more and see whether tomorrow can call your Gynae to check what should be the norm... when’s the next scan with your Gynae to make sure all are cleared out? For my previous miscarriage, I went through the D&C day surgery to clear out.
Yea I went to urgent o&g at kkh, but the doc didn’t say much and say could be infection or still clearing so she asked me to eat antibiotics.

Yea I went to urgent o&g at kkh, but the doc didn’t say much and say could be infection or still clearing so she asked me to eat antibiotics.
Ok.. hope u feel better after eating the antibiotics. Try to rest more and hope all is clear out now. When’s your next follow up scan? Make sure your Gynae check thoroughly that all is good and cleared.

Ok.. hope u feel better after eating the antibiotics. Try to rest more and hope all is clear out now. When’s your next follow up scan? Make sure your Gynae check thoroughly that all is good and cleared.
I think next scan in March before my ivf! How’s your IVF baby doing? Did u go back for the scan to see the progress?

I see her back in 2019 for a series of blood tests and the results were normal. So she ask me to go back see her once I’m pregnant to start taking aspirin based on my history. I didn’t go back as I started my 1st ivf at kkh and my Gynae also prescribed me aspirin. My week6 scan can only see the sac so this time might not be viable pregnancy.

hang in there BBsparkle. I’m thinking of starting a support group chat. Not sure if you or any of the ladies here are interested?
I feel we need lots of support and it’s hard to find someone who truly understands

hang in there BBsparkle. I’m thinking of starting a support group chat. Not sure if you or any of the ladies here are interested?
I feel we need lots of support and it’s hard to find someone who truly understands
Hi PinkDolphin
Yes totally understand! Let’s start a support group to help all mummies wannabes :) it is a looooong journey and we need a lot of support for one another.

Thanks! Taking 1 day at a time :) every pregnancy is a risk we are taking...
How are you feeling? How’s your follow up scan? Everything ok? Recovering well?
Yea I’m better now got a scare previously cos I think I had an infection but after antibiotics I’m ok already, the scan was taken while I’m still bleeding so gynae says no sac seen already but still bleeding. It’s hard to see whether cleared or not till we do the scope with camera in which I think too invasive. I guess if no pain no bleeding should be cleared ba haha.

hi all,..this is my 2nd pregnancy via medicated FET.. yesterday is wk 10scan..however dr inform that he cant see heartbeat & fetus is measured at wk8 day5...during wk7 scan can still hear heartbeat... does this means i am miscarrying? dr ask me to go back scan in another 10days & ask me to stop all medication as well.. (duphaston & progynova), .. i wanna ask if there is chance to hear heartbeat again although growth is slow? should i still continue my medication?

hi all,..this is my 2nd pregnancy via medicated FET.. yesterday is wk 10scan..however dr inform that he cant see heartbeat & fetus is measured at wk8 day5...during wk7 scan can still hear heartbeat... does this means i am miscarrying? dr ask me to go back scan in another 10days & ask me to stop all medication as well.. (duphaston & progynova), .. i wanna ask if there is chance to hear heartbeat again although growth is slow? should i still continue my medication?
Understand how you are feeling.. hugs!
Are you feeling anywhere discomfort?
I have similar experience when I lost my twins at week 10 as Gynae saw that they seem to stop growing. I went for 2nd opinion and got the same diagnosis. That time I still continue with duphaston..
Maybe you should also go for 2nd opinion with another Gynae to double check.

Understand how you are feeling.. hugs!
Are you feeling anywhere discomfort?
I have similar experience when I lost my twins at week 10 as Gynae saw that they seem to stop growing. I went for 2nd opinion and got the same diagnosis. That time I still continue with duphaston..
Maybe you should also go for 2nd opinion with another Gynae to double check.
Yup i went for 2nd opinion & got the same diagnosis too... i will schedule to do the procedure next week

Sorry to hear that u got similar experience.. ur twins is also conceive via ivf? Is it natural fet or medicated?

Back