Prof PC Wong - IVF with Norethisterone

How about TCM? All stop once we embark on this IvF? I thought double combo even best. I see some even encourage to have acupuncture with ivf. But seems that it is a Nono for patients in nuh...

How about TCM? All stop once we embark on this IvF? I thought double combo even best. I see some even encourage to have acupuncture with ivf. But seems that it is a Nono for patients in nuh...

Prof said don't bed rest.. Not a patient..

HL is so that we can rest and not be bugged by work

We can hv tcm before that, but must stop on the day you start u first injection. But, acupuncture can continue during ivf.

Ic.. Any good acupuncture to recommend to complement with the ivf?
Hi, I am doing my ivf at nuh and there is a Thomson tcm there as well. So, I am doing the acupuncture there even though it's more exp than outside (I think so) cos it's more convenient as you need to do that frequently during the stimulation period and also ET.

Ic.. Any good acupuncture to recommend to complement with the ivf?

Im doing acu tcm with physician kuai at Thomson tcm at nuh...comfortable with her...acu skills good..lol...minimal pain...some ladies here r also with Thomson...

Few reasons I chose Thomson bcoz their reviews were quite good...very convenient for us coz we can always walk over to giv a status update or acu after our scans...most imptly, they r certified physicians n with a system...

ps:Im not a promoter of Thomson..Im jus a patient...Lol...;)

Ya lor.... I read the advice again then I realised. I thought it's the other way - constipation. :oops:

Today tummy still gu-lu gu-lu like cement mixer; though toilet trips not as frequent.

Hopefully things get better each day. Else, jiak liao bee.:(

Positive, positive!!!

Take care too, 姐妹们!
(@happybb2015 and @lucasmum11 - hope you are coping well.)
BabiesJJ2015,
I am good and already started my stimulation, thank you.

Visited prof this morning, first scan sounds promising, need to pray hard.

I am worried about lucasmum11, she seems like very quiet. Hope that she is well

BabiesJJ2015,

Good to hear that. So, which protocol you are using?

Ya, I am worried for her too. Hope she is doing fine.

BabiesJJ2015,

Woohoo!u r cycling!..fighting!!

Wat's ur afc?

Last edited:
BabiesJJ2015,

Nice to know that you are starting on your fresh cycle and first scan result is good! :) @MonkeyChick is your cycling buddy this month. ;)

Now it's my turn to handle a very stubborn fairy god mother. I cannot start fet without her.

Last edited:
Good to hear that. So, which protocol you are using?

Ya, I am worried for her too. Hope she is doing fine.
Same protocol as per my first fresh. Started with progesterone (morning jab) and gonal f(evening jab). Will start 3 jab a day (cetrotide morning jab) on Day 6 of stimulation....

Yes, i have been reading the thread silently and waiting for @lucasmum11 to update on her status. Hope to hear from her soon

Nice to know that you are starting on your fresh cycle and first scan result is good! :) @MonkeyChick is your cycling buddy this month. ;)

Now it's my turn to handle a very stubborn fairy god mother. I cannot start fet without her.
Praying hard.....fairy god mother faster faster visit you...
For me, everything timing was good. My friend said my dad blessed me and allowed me to come back to Sg for injection to induce menses, and i have time to prepare for his funeral. Right after i returned to Sg on Monday, fairy god mother was finally here. Hubby also rushed back from business trip to attend my dad's funeral, i dont have to worry he wasnt around on my ER day.
Now, just seat back and relax...

Dear sisters, for those who have went thru or currently going thru the tww, do u experienced the piling up of anxiety as the BT date is nearer? I start to feel the anxiety within me now.. Don't know why..

Dear sisters, for those who have went thru or currently going thru the tww, do u experienced the piling up of anxiety as the BT date is nearer? I start to feel the anxiety within me now.. Don't know why..
Yup of cos! Heh.. Try to distract yourself if you can?

When's ur BT?

For sure i will, just relax and will you test before BT?

Aiyah, actually my BT is coming fri..still got few more days to go..just suddenly hv all the negative thoughts..bcos of this, I hv sort of 'sacrifice' my work performance and now if I failed..it will b considered double losses for me. How can I accept or face such a failure in my life..I know I gotta b strong now..but somehow this thoughts just strike me and make me very moody now.

Sorry if I hv created some negative energy here..

Do things that makes u happy eg. Online shopping or go walk walk at parks,blow some wind. Dun cope at home. Time will pass faster. Since we have no choice to embark in this journey, sacrifice is inevitable. I too risk my work performance and attendance. If things work out, our sacrifices are paid off! Looks forward to our goals. Because our baby is all worth it!

Wasn't it crowded? I was at science centre, wrong move. Shd juz pay and go another day.

Yupz really really crowded...:confused:...but we went with the thot of staying put in sin to celebrate sg50 n to support sin tourism...:D

N jus enjoy the family bonding...usually long weekend, we wld go for short get away...decided not to this round...

gardens by the bay queues were scary...in the end,we jus dine there n enjoyed the rhapsody...:D

Last edited:
For me, everything timing was good. My friend said my dad blessed me and allowed me to come back to Sg for injection to induce menses, and i have time to prepare for his funeral. Right after i returned to Sg on Monday, fairy god mother was finally here. Hubby also rushed back from business trip to attend my dad's funeral, i dont have to worry he wasnt around on my ER day.

Your daddy is watching over u...though he's far away...u hav a strong backing this cycle!;)

u will b blessed with a smooth cycle...when bad things ended, good things shall follow suit...:)

Aiyah, actually my BT is coming fri..still got few more days to go..just suddenly hv all the negative thoughts..bcos of this, I hv sort of 'sacrifice' my work performance and now if I failed..it will b considered double losses for me. How can I accept or face such a failure in my life..I know I gotta b strong now..but somehow this thoughts just strike me and make me very moody now.

A BT result does not necessarily mean a failure in ur life...dun think like this...but having reached the BT stage definitely means tt u hav done ur very best to pursue wat u wish for irregardless of how tough things r

we hav to b brutally realistic tt an ET is a possibility of bfp,not a promise of bfp...
hav faith but stay realistic(u need this defense mechanism to protect urself)...

Stay positive for now ya....:)

During TWW, our hearts will definitely bipok bipok faster and heads will rotate between postitive and negative thoughts in split seconds. o_O The hormones make us more emotional and siao one. :confused:

I agree with @iheartpandora88 and @MonkeyChick .

Do things to make yourself happy. Eat and buy things you like.

Never blame yourself for a bfn and never treat a bfn as a life failure. IVF is buying hope without any guarantee of result. I kept reminding myself all these to fight off my little devils.

To be honest, we still have 3 decades ahead of us to strive and get good appraisal grades in our career. 2015 is just 1 year among the 30 years ahead of us?

You are stronger than what you think, gal! :) Fighting!

Last edited:
Thanks MonkeyChick and iheartpandora88 for the encouragement..I now try to stay positive if possible.. I now only can blame the hormone for making me like this rite? :p

Think got the feeling of having discharge at the bottom reminds me of AF is coming even though I know in reality it wouldn't come until I stop all the medication. So, the subconscious triggered me to think it could fail anytime.

And I am your cycling neighbor! *wave* all the best to everyone in this journey
Hello....*wave* ....i know they are few ladies cycling in this month, but i have lost track and only remember MonkeyChick :p
Good to know that you are my cycling neighbor, jia you and have a smooth journey to everyone
顺顺利利

@Yingchian
Its normal to have swing thought during tww, i have more negative thought and worries during tww, i watched korean variety show and do things that make me happy. Keep yourself occupy and go out for slow walk. I am planning to go slow walk every morning during tww, instead of resting at home all the time during last tww. :)

I agreed @iheartpandora88, @MonkeyChick and @Day_Dreaming, be realistic and ivf is not a guarantee bfp, stay strong and be positive. Jia you ;)

Thanks MonkeyChick and iheartpandora88 for the encouragement..I now try to stay positive if possible.. I now only can blame the hormone for making me like this rite? :p

Think got the feeling of having discharge at the bottom reminds me of AF is coming even though I know in reality it wouldn't come until I stop all the medication. So, the subconscious triggered me to think it could fail anytime.
Agree with every one above.. I know how u feel abt sacrificing work career cuz I feel the same way. However I can tell u as a mum of 1... I'm still sacrificing performance for my kid. I will always prioritise her or ttc over work... and until today I have no regrets. It's totally worth it. Jiayou u will get there some day.

Yeah...all the hormones fault!:p

Everything is looking great for you! Your two ovaries will definitely be guai guai this time. Wow I think you will be doing your ER in 1.5 week! :)

Thanks for praying for me. I suspect the earlier months of artificial hormones or recent work stress has caused my delay in ovulation. I'm already trying to stay low profile in my workplace :p, just wanna focus on TTC and not keen to take on any new role. One good news is my hubby has found a new job and get to leave his unhappy job environment. Hope his little armies will be able to swim better lol.

Last edited:

Back