Prof PC Wong - IVF with Norethisterone

Hi Gigi, I have light brown spotting. The discharge only a while, i don't have it anymore.
Do you have the same when your AF come in the past?
Oh no i never had That before ... It was like brown gel buildup
You Know if menses can come while on crinorne ?

Hi Machobaby, did the doctor said it is impossible to have eggs in follicles next time? I thought its normal that some follies do not contain eggs. You may seek 2nd opinion and meanwhile you may try cordycepe.
It helps renew reproductive system and balance woman hormone.
Hi Mustard seed, thanks I will check on cordycepe. I have been with Dr Zou(AMK) since April. What doc feels is that with my age the reserve is really low & even if there's any he feels quality is not going to be good....he said that prior to IVF & today he simply just say all empty & also better no more ivf to consider ivf
I tried Noel at Thomson who didn't even want start IVF
I tried Roland Chieng Parkway he said the same stuff PLUS he says I have fibroids etc & want me clear up that first but when I check with doc at nuh they insist it's not true
My 3rd try is NUH

Gigi, not sure whether mense can come during crinome. I was worry also when I noticed the spotting. I guess we should just continue to monitor, as long as it will not become regular flow . Now I have more bed rest after I get it ...lol, just in case is because I over walk :) . I think the gel like discharge is the crinone.

Macho baby big hugs so sry to hear that the follicles are empty. You went dr Zou is for acupunture or her medicine? You have done how many days of stim?
Mean time why not you try taking TCM and take to nuh doc again to request for another chance since you only tried once. We have a few sisters here having low reserve and we can feel u. i understand that most doc will not want ppl like us to be in their clinic as our success rate may not be very high but personally I feel Nuh is among the few that will let us have a chance to try. Talk to Pc Wong instead of other doc.

Orange trigger & hope miracle

Have your AF came? During 2ww I have all the cramp that I am so fearful my Af will come. Now all the cramp has disappear and I am anxiously waiting for my AF, it has been 5 days after I stop my inserts

@Mustard Seed hum the more i consider it the more i think its AF coming !
Lets see Tom morning take care
@MachoBaby this is the empty follicule syndrome - I read about it google it - you have to pick a good doctor check bbcrips list ok?

Macho baby PC Wong does not give dhea if you want you have to shift to kk (sadhana) or tmc (sf loh) maybe fong in glen eagles ?
Nervous babe you still don't have your periods?

Gigi, Think the hormones jabs and inserts have totally mess up my cycle. I am also usually with 26 days cycle. It has been 5 days after i stop my inserts. Wonder is it normal. I read that, some may take up to 12 days for AF to come.
Btw your AF shouldn't be coming is just the cramp that makes you think your AF is coming. Could be implantation cramp. And you are on 2dt so you may take more days to test positive with hpt.

Hi Ladies,
I have been a silent follower of this forum, the sisterly bond I find here is so touching. I was silent cos I am with NUH but not Prof PC. I am 42,yrs old, no previous ivf/pregnancy/miscarriage. I started IVF on 2nd oct, 6 follicles ranging 19to21mm, lining 11 & OR today. When I woke up I was told all follies empty AND was told it's better I look at adoption no future IVF for me....I didn't cry when told the news but after doc left I just cried non stop :( I am lost as to what I should do now...seek 2nd doc opinion? Check out egg donor\IVF treatment in Malaysia or Thailand? Or simply take what doc tells me....not possible to have kids at my age :(

Hi machobaby,
If you can afford financially,,its better to go pte in sg or even try overseas. May I know what is yr amh like at yr age?
I empathize with u that u went to seek different opinions for ivf and most of the doctors are not supportive of u at yr age.

Sisters .. Please don't lose the faith. My hub (morphology of <1%) and I (cold womb with fibroids) have issues and tried for 4 years and we have actually booked a slot for IVF in sep with Prof. Turned out my day 2 blood test did not happen as I was tested positive. I'm still in disbelief till now but I have to thank Prof for his confidence in us (he proposed IUI instead of IVF to minimise the medications for my body). I believed the 1 year of tcm has helped improve my womb too.

Mesara, hopemiracle and tsf *hugs* please don't stop trying naturally. I believed the time for all of us to become mums will come soon and I will keep all of you in my prayers. Baby dust to all ..

Congrats superwpman! Was wondering where u were and I m so happy u conceived naturally :)
Many thanks for the babydust!
I will not give up, will take sometime to rest and meanwhile try naturally.

Tsf, do get a second opinion about your tube condition before taking drastic measures. Do a thorough one *hugs*

Nervous babe,, I had my AF a day before BT and I stopped my support wo consulting CHR, bad practice, dun follow me. Now AF cleared already.
After my fresh the last round, AF came 1-2 days after BT. It may take some time since u were on the jabs, just wait and see, dun worry, stress will delay it.

MachoBaby, welcome to the group.
I certainly feel the desire of your heart to become a mummy, as of now, explore all the options u can if u can afford. As some sisters suggested, u may want to try TCM to tiao and see if u can improve ur condition. Perhaps seek second opinion from a second TCM too?

Sometimes when we are in this situation, we get really lost. Try different permutations and still don't get a solution. All we can do it to persevere and also pray and seek for direction. Jia you to all of us here. If there is a will, there is a way!

Hi ladies
Ok now my spotting is red!
I called And booked for BT Tom morning
They said to keep on with the inserts
May i Know is There an appointment with prof when failed IVF??
When is it exactly?
Thanks

Gigi, all the best for yr BT!! Waiting for bb dusts!

Mustard seed, could the bleeding be implantation bleeding? I saw a lady in another thread that she was spotting 5 days before her BT and her BT is positive! All the best to you!

Superwomen, congratulations for striking naturally! It's such a wonderful news!

Nervous babe, I was told that AF will come 3 days to one week later after failed Ivf cycle... Wait another 2 days? If have not come, call up CHR.

Marchobaby, do not give up hope! Maybe u can consider donor egg?

Hopemiracle, I have made appt with dr sadhana in KKH to do a thorough checkup before moving to the next step... I find the checkup at NUH was not detailed enough... Hope u can strike naturally like superwomen!

Machobaby - Welcome to the thread.

Tsf - I also advise you to go for a second opinion. Dun rush into any decision.

Nervous_baby - My AF came yesterday which is almost 1 week from my BT date. Before it came, I have bad headache, back pains and stomach cramps. Now I have only stomach cramps that I forced myself to sleep at 9 pm last nite. Fyi my AF came 2 weeks later for my previous failed ivf.

Gigi - Yes, the chr nurse will arrange an appt for u. My appt is fixed on early Nov as he is fully booked in Oct.

Last edited:
Thanks girls !
No aptmt before November ?:confused: My plan is ivf # 2 in November and I need my complete reports :)
Ok I book sf loh I think anyway - I already ordered dhea on iherb plus coq 10 let's see
Otherwise lc fong is really nice even though expensive

For egg donor what I like with the Spanish clinic is that they match your physical aspect with the donor physics plus donors have high education background don't know if they do that in Asia
Keep u update
All ok mustard seed?

Orange tigger
I was told by CHR to call them if my AF didn't come after a week and tomorrow is the day. Wonder is there a need to do so and how will they induce my AF. Or do I just leave it and wait?

Btw I got my bill from nuh and am totally confused by the final invoice. There isn't a statement to state do I have to make any additional payment. Any one can advise.

machobaby, I may consider donor egg if I were you. Prof once shared in his seminar a statistics that woman above 40 years old using donor egg has the SAME success rate of pregnancy as a 20s woman. I was totally amazed by the statistics. Hence you still have chance. My thinking is..the baby may not be genetically linked to me but at least is biologically related to me (since I am the one carrying him).

Gigi, praying for a miracle for you. I got my AF before my BT during my first cycle. This morning notice 2 brown spotting and abit of menses like cramp. Sigh, can't help thinking if this is over for me. So you have consulted Dr SF Loh?

Nervous_babe - I think it is better to inform them since they have given instruction to you. No harm to listen what type of advice they provide to you. If there is any medicine require, ask them any side effect?

Oh Bbblues And what would be your next plan? No have not booked yet but fong can take me in november i already Know that ...take care And thanks for your prayers

Ladies, I have dhea to let go. Bought from puritan's pride. Please pm me if you need them. Thanks.

Hi machobaby,
If you can afford financially,,its better to go pte in sg or even try overseas. May I know what is yr amh like at yr age?
I empathize with u that u went to seek different opinions for ivf and most of the doctors are not supportive of u at yr age.
Hi agar2, I didn't get any reports from NUH but my previous done in July from TM states the following :
FSH 1.8
LH 3.6
AMH 1.54
IVF -started on 2/10 & 14/10 egg retrieve, given 450Menupur each day with 4nos growth hormones saizen, follicles growth gradual start from 5mm to 19/20/21mm total 6follicles
On egg retrieve day ie.14/10 was told empty but they still do IUI for me just in case & put me on circnome gel but was told no more ivf for me & to consider adoption cos donor egg is low possibility

machobaby, I may consider donor egg if I were you. Prof once shared in his seminar a statistics that woman above 40 years old using donor egg has the SAME success rate of pregnancy as a 20s woman. I was totally amazed by the statistics. Hence you still have chance. My thinking is..the baby may not be genetically linked to me but at least is biologically related to me (since I am the one carrying him).

Gigi, praying for a miracle for you. I got my AF before my BT during my first cycle. This morning notice 2 brown spotting and abit of menses like cramp. Sigh, can't help thinking if this is over for me. So you have consulted Dr SF Loh?
Hi bob blues, donor eggs in sin is not possible so need to look overseas like Malaysia or Thailand but I am not sure how to find the most reputable ones...has any of sisters any recommendations? Much appreciated. I was told by docs that even if I use donor eggs not high chance cos they say women 40 above has higher chance of miscarriage.

Hi bb blues, donor eggs in sin is not possible so need to look overseas like Malaysia or Thailand but I am not sure how to find the most reputable ones...has any of sisters any recommendations? Much appreciated. I was told by docs that even if I use donor eggs not high chance cos they say women 40 above has higher chance of miscarriage.

Hi gigi, I can't take dhea due to immune issues. Bought online cos cant buy locally without drs prescription.

Dear ladies, is game over for me. Was bleeding heavily since yesterday. Called CHR and they said the earliest I can come down for BT is friday. Think by then, my menses is already over. They told me to continue my crinone and increase the insert to twice per day. So yucky to do the insert when you having your menses.

Gigi, all the best for your BT later. Hope you can bring some good news.

To the rest of the ladies, jiayou!

Oh dear, bb_blues, cant u bring forward the BT? BT is the ultimate. Try not to lose hope. Hope all be fine.

Gigi, jiayou for ur BT later!

Tsf, sorry late reply. Mine was grossly swollen due to severe endo. Looked like intestines on hsg xray report! Normal tubes shd be narrow in structure but mine was so swollen. Found tat it was bad during lap. So even if managed to unblock, the tubal function is affected greatly. High chances of ectopic. Fluid might come back within months even after unblocking. So its very risky. I dun wanna go thro lap again! Lap will cause more scarring.

Did my research. Tcm can help but no guarantee. Den it depends on whether ur blockage is at distal end near ovaries or towards the uterus. Mine was near to ovaries. Best to have second opinion. I did get second opinion & both gave me same answer. Tats y i go ahead to clip them. Ur situation might be different. Be positive k & try to get second opinion. All the best to u!

Ohhh bbblues i have no words :( :(
We are in the same boat
I had my BT this am why you cant have it before friday ? It took 2 mn only !
My periods are here no Hope
What is the answer for us low amh buddies?? No doc to help around here?!? Is There at least one girl who succeeded with low amh?!

Gigi, all the best to your BT later. Pray that everything goes well with you. I have a bit of spotting again yesterday, it always happen only in the morning.

Tsf, thks for your word of encouragement. I hope I am like the lady who has implantation spotting after day 5 of ET. :)

Hi gigi, I can't take dhea due to immune issues. Bought online cos cant buy locally without drs prescription.
Hi tub do you mind telling me what immune issues you have? I thought it could help for immune issues - so you mean you bought it And your doc asked you to stop? Who was your doc did you manage to get preggie ?

Ohhh bbblues i have no words :( :(
We are in the same boat
I had my BT this am why you cant have it before friday ? It took 2 mn only !
My periods are here no Hope
What is the answer for us low amh buddies?? No doc to help around here?!? Is There at least one girl who succeeded with low amh?!
Hi Gigi, are you saying your AF already come before the BT?

Gd mrn ladies, I'm waiting to see doc after doing a hcg blood test earlier....

Doc suggested to do 2 rounds of blood test to confirm if I did miscarriage ....

My D&C postpones to next Monday ... The nurse ask me not to postpone the D&C anymore as Dr Chew r concern abt me getting infection .... But kkh say is oki to delay for 1-2 weeks....

Somehow, I'm prepare for the bad new.... :(

Btw, I read up FET and it seem tat there is two methods of doing FET.... Anyone know if there is any injection needed for medicated FET???

Gigi, sorry to hear that. I know one day we will all get there, our desire will be granted.

Duffy bear, pray that doctor will be giving you wise advice later. Which doctor in KK you are seeing?

Gigi n bb_blues, big hugs, let's hope that the bleeding is just old blood, n your BT can give u nice surprise. All the best!

Macho baby, I'm sorry to hear abt your case, perhaps u can try a private doctor next, as I feel they can give u a lot more time n attention to customize a protocol for u. All the best to u too!

I just went for a scan this morning, day 9 of stimms, my 2 biggest follicles r at 17 n 16.5, the rest r 14.5 n below. Dr wants to scan me again tomorrow to decide if my ER should be on Sat or Mon. Actually based on my own calculation the optimal day is Sun, but too bad they don't do ER on Sun, haha. Soooo close to Prof coming back, leave it up to God la, see whether I have more 缘份 (fate) w Dr Anu or Prof. Anyway I tell myself to see it as a win win situation - even if it's Sat, at least my hubby saves one day of leave. :p

Gd mrn ladies, I'm waiting to see doc after doing a hcg blood test earlier....

Doc suggested to do 2 rounds of blood test to confirm if I did miscarriage ....

My D&C postpones to next Monday ... The nurse ask me not to postpone the D&C anymore as Dr Chew r concern abt me getting infection .... But kkh say is oki to delay for 1-2 weeks....

Somehow, I'm prepare for the bad new.... :(

Btw, I read up FET and it seem tat there is two methods of doing FET.... Anyone know if there is any injection needed for medicated FET???

Duffy_bear - My last cycle is under medicated FET. There is only 1 injection costs $385 (called decapeptyl) and you are required to go back to CHR for a jab on your buttock. Also, there are 2 types of medicines - Mercilon and Progynova which you are required to take.

duffy_bear, sorry to hear about what you have to go through. please do update us (if you feel comfy) on how it goes for you. hope you will have good news!

gigi - sorry to hear about your af. so you will get your bt results later this afternoon?
hang in there. nothing is confirmed until the bt results.

Bb blues and gigi big hugs. Both of u only do 1 time insert per day right? Mine was 3 times thats y took longer for my AF to come. I am on superfact.

Btw any sisters try bee pollen before?

nervous babe, still no sign of AF? Have u called CHR?
I did sth naughty in my fresh cycle. After I know i failed my cycle, I drank a can of beer to 'drown my sorrow', not sure if u dare to risk taking cooling stuff like coconut. But not good to the womb la. I didnt do it this time :oops:

Bb_blues and Gigi, *big hugs*
Hold on to the hope since u haven taken the blood test or know the result.

Nervous babe yes we only had one insert a day but still your af should come so phone CHR And let us Know - no have Never tried bee pollen i understood it could work fine or work the opposite if used wrongly :confused: so not tried
I agree with Hope have a fresh beer! ;)
Miric yeah you ll be fine And if any doubt call the nurses they are great ;)
Take care
@bbblues aptmt with sf Loh on friday :) And u??

Kopibaby Yes my BT result should come by now but no Hope its ok am over already i had coffee with my friend (mother of 4!) i ll get new doc new protocole new all and prayers for next Time :) thanks girls if you dont mind i stay in your thread !:) even if i shift ;)

Hi ladies, my hcg was 73589.3 on mon , 14/10 and today was 77020.3 ...

Doc say based on my ER date, I m close to 8 weeks and scan shld show fetal pole or heart beat .... Doc say my HCG level is below expected at 8 weeks and hence, I have early miscarriage....

So I will go for my D&C as schedule @nuhaa37

Orange: beside taking medicine and one injection, how often we need to go bk for scanning ?? How many hospitialization leave r given for FET??? Need to plan my next year schedule v carefully and in advance ....

Gigi, u dun want to give it another try at nuh?? I find their CHR services r so much better than KKH... Nurses r helpful and lesser waiting time for scanning and result as in kkh....

Except for the customer service lady who is abit unhelpful ... I left my Hp no with her to ask the nurse to call me bk but no call ... :( she forever likes in her lala land .... Haiz...

All the best Gigi
Miric: yes cetrotide scares me too... but jia you

Update on meself:
Had my scan 4
Dr Anu says eggs are ready for collection on Friday.
So no Prof for me either. Nvm if it has to happen it will happen with anyone.

Back