Prenatal depression

utopia9

Not too sure if im having prenatal depression but would like to share my situation and if possible get some advice.. Pardon the long post..

Im currently in my 6 mths pregnancy, unwed due to father dont want the child. He said that it is a plot to force him to be with me. I told him if one can have a baby as and when wanted, there wont be so many couples TTC for so long. Given my medical condition and age of 34, i am not easily conceived. So inclusion, father not in picture.

Decided to keep the baby as not able live with the guilt of killing a life. Broke the news to old parents and siblings, they din approved but also did not reject. But my old parents have mood swing and anger management issue where they will kinda go crazy once in awhile and complaining to me on all sorts of small issue. All these is adding on to my stress level.

I am the only one supporting the old parents (siblings married and not contributing), i faced financial concern. They are not able to help me care for the infant, thus will need to either get a nanny or infant care which cost min. $1k per mth. Not that my pay cant sustain, but it will be just nice without putting aside of some savings.

At work, i missed the opportunity of getting a promotion and increment, which made me disappointed and losing the faith in working hard. Thus, to the eyes of many, my quality of work seems to be dropped. No longer that "on" to work overtime like last time.. And some already knew im pregnancy out of wedlock, thus, gossips here and there, which i have expected..

Been crying, and thinking of giving my little boy up for adoption so he is given a chance to grow up in a normal family which the govt has been promoting - a family nuclear formed with 2 parents. But i cant bear with it.. The thoughts of giving him up...

So much to think of and all that stressed me up, especially when i need to put up a normal front despite all those sleepless nights..

Hi there... in Singapore to be honest it is hard being a single unwed mother as a lot of subsidies and policies exclude single mothers.

Please have the courage to go on for the sake of your child. Don't be bothered so much about what others think - more importantly it is your personal health and the baby's health that matters most.

I would urge you to continue working so that you can get a stable income. Continue until your maternity leave period and go for your well deserved 4 months. If the company doesn't recognise your contributions, it is their loss.

There are subsidies for infant care for working mums so you definitely want to utilise that so need to continue to be employed.

Not too sure if im having prenatal depression but would like to share my situation and if possible get some advice.. Pardon the long post..

Im currently in my 6 mths pregnancy, unwed due to father dont want the child. He said that it is a plot to force him to be with me. I told him if one can have a baby as and when wanted, there wont be so many couples TTC for so long. Given my medical condition and age of 34, i am not easily conceived. So inclusion, father not in picture.

Decided to keep the baby as not able live with the guilt of killing a life. Broke the news to old parents and siblings, they din approved but also did not reject. But my old parents have mood swing and anger management issue where they will kinda go crazy once in awhile and complaining to me on all sorts of small issue. All these is adding on to my stress level.

I am the only one supporting the old parents (siblings married and not contributing), i faced financial concern. They are not able to help me care for the infant, thus will need to either get a nanny or infant care which cost min. $1k per mth. Not that my pay cant sustain, but it will be just nice without putting aside of some savings.

At work, i missed the opportunity of getting a promotion and increment, which made me disappointed and losing the faith in working hard. Thus, to the eyes of many, my quality of work seems to be dropped. No longer that "on" to work overtime like last time.. And some already knew im pregnancy out of wedlock, thus, gossips here and there, which i have expected..

Been crying, and thinking of giving my little boy up for adoption so he is given a chance to grow up in a normal family which the govt has been promoting - a family nuclear formed with 2 parents. But i cant bear with it.. The thoughts of giving him up...

So much to think of and all that stressed me up, especially when i need to put up a normal front despite all those sleepless nights..

Hi,
You need to stay strong.

I was not any better than you 12 yrs ago except that I can marry my daughter’s father. But we divorced 3 yrs after our marriage due to his unreasonable behavior.

To be able to pregnant at your age is a blessing. Being a single mum is not shameful at all. After I divorce or not divorce during that time, I already treated myself as single mum. My dad was old cannot help me look after. I engaged a domestic helper at home to help to do everything at home while I work n provide for the family. Then I was only 32.

I hope you will stay strong and look forward to see your healthy baby to come to this world.

First of all mummy, congrats! And I admire your courage!

Secondly, you would be the best person to bring your boy out so don't give him up for adoption. He needs your love and nobody can love our child like we do.

Thirdly, I think in your position, it's hard not to feel worried and stressed but keep your chin up and look at the problems one at a time.
For your parents, call your siblings and ask all of them to contribute in supporting your parents too. It will help lessen the burden on you.

As for work, perhaps it happens for a good reason. I think with a baby, you'd prolly not want to OT too much too. Ignore all the gossips and stay away from people who do that to you.

I always believe that if we do good things, then things will work out for itself. You just hang in there mummy. Enjoy your pregnancy because when baby is out, you will miss having him with you all the time.

BIG HUGS to you.

Hi,
Didn’t Wan to read and go off without any message to u.

Pls stay strong! Imo, u r very courageous.. to be able to withstand the pressure of being pregnant out of wedlock is not easy.. not anyone can, and since u hav decided to keep ur baby, stay positive! U can’t control wad others think or talk abt you, dun bother. Most importantly, u and ur baby is healthy. Sometime money can’t buy health..
As for ur work, continue for a stable income.

Big hugs to u!

Hi! Me and my husband are looking to adopt a baby privately. Just between us and the birthmom.

We have been married for almost 5years and have been trying to conceive ever since we got married. Had an ectopic pregnancy 4 years back and am still trying to conceive. Have gone thru iui but failed.

The reason we would like to adopt privately is because we do not want to pay huge sum of money to the agents or go thru the hassle of interview or home study.

Adopting a baby privately is just between us and the birth mom where the birth mom will still need to be present on any occasion like check ups or schools or any registrations etc. We do not believe in separating a child with his / her birth mom meaning we would like to keep close contact with the birth mum and the birth mum may visit her baby whenever.

So if there is anyone who would like to give their baby for adoption or know someone in need to give their baby out let us know.

Tia

Back