Premature babies support group

Hi Ladies,

I am enquiring for a friend, they have a pair of twins born on 28 weeks....and currently are looking for good occupational therapists and/or early intervention centres for premature babies....

Anyone with good recommendation?

any Mummies had experience with premature birth due to low amniotic level? my first one premature Birth at 30+weeks due to PROM. now second bb tot this is a smooth sailing pregnancy, cos now already 35 weeks plus 4 days., but was detected with low amniotic fluid yesterday. luckily after all the terrible test that made me bleed, there is no leakage. but still given two steroid jab.
wonder any Mummies encounter problem with low amniotic level, anyway to increase it? i really hope this second bb can stay till full term. it is just very dishearteNing that i have bear all the stress to this point and still bb wikl come out early.

Hi aixin, my second boy was born premature at 28 weeks due to PPROM too. Wow! 35w4d is wonderful! Well done mummy in keeping baby in for so long. Actually the prognosis for babies born at 35wk is extremely good. Maybe don't even need to stay in NICU and can be discharged with mummy. Did the doctor say anything about the low amniotic level? I heard that usually towards the end of the pregnancy, amniotic level will be low as baby is getting big. If doctor is ok, I think it should be fine. If you are concern, can check with your gynae. May I check with you if you went on total bedrest for this second pregnancy? Was your gyane able to tell you why you experienced PROM for the first pregnancy?

Press on =)

hi lilac,

my first pregnancy PROM had no reason.

as for this second pregnancy, im still working, but on much easier job which mainly sit in the office. so i guess that helped a lot to hold pregnancy till 36weeks.

doc said still wanna closely monitor bb and me, so i need to stay in hospital.

im staying in KKH.
7 more days will be 37 weeks.

sometimes i find Myself really so desperately wanna kNow what is wrong with my body that made pregnanCy so complicated. I have no High bp, no diabetic, al2ays i faced problem when.coming to the last trimester.

i can understand... sometimes i also wonder why.... i am quite heathly too. not overweight, quite fit and no other presenting issues..... oh well. but i am really glad that you managed to tong until 36 wks. one more week and its term! jiayou, k?

Aixin: jia you! only a week left
happy.gif
take comfort in the fact that it's already much better than your first pregnancy. what's the weight of your baby?

sunkissed,
my baby is 2.3kg now, for 36weeks.

next week should be induced, cos.i.think.hard.to.increase amniotic fluidanymore.

Hi
I would like to join the FB group as well. I delivered my boy at week 27+4. He is now in nicu. The doc say his brain scan shows some bright spots which may indicate that he might have some motor skills development problems. Any mummies here have babies with similar issue? I am really clueless on how to handle this? Have already broke down several times

Hi ML, extremely premature babies are prone to some delays in motor skills, like flipping or sitting later than their peers. There will be physio follow ups to Monitor the develop and they will recommend early intervention if necessary.

Doctors will tell you all the different scenarios , what might happen or sometimes the worst case. Take each day at a time and give your baby time to grow .

Take care of yourself too, hoPe to see you in fb soon

ML, dun worry. last time doctor said the same thing. My boy had blood infection during his stay in nicu,and there was a patch of scar in his brain. The doctor told us it could affect his development. But luckily, we didn't see that has any impact on him. He is in p1 now, and he is doing very well in his studies, exceling some of his pals. Dun worry too much. Let nature takes its course.

Hi ML
We have a group of very helpful daddies and mummies you fb that might be able to advise you on your question.

I tried to add you in FB but can't find you. Maybe is your setting. I PM you my email. Maybe you can add me instead.
happy.gif

ML, when my boy was in NICU, this brain scan show one small bright spot too. However, our doc told us not to worry as most this is found in most premature babies. Before, his discharge, the doc at SGH did a scan for him again and the spot is gone. Most of the mummies / daddies here do break a lot during our baby stay in NICU. What I have learn is to be strong. Be positive and always say positive words to your baby. Your baby will feel it. Jie you. See you in FB soon.
happy.gif

Jan Herm n Clara, you may try Dr Brown. Before I gave birth, I brought a lot of avent bottles. When my boy discharged, we tried to let him use but eventually can't as it's too big for him and it's difficult for him to suck. So we brought Dr Brown bottles and it's very good. You can find it in kiddy palace. Give it a try. They have a twin pack which come with one big and one small bottle.
happy.gif

Hi, came across this thread and was so happy to know lots of preemies are doing so well now. I delivered my boy at week 28 in 2009, weighing 695g. He's healthy and cheeky 3 years old now.

Sally, could you add me to the FB group? I've sent a friend request to you (my profile is a pic of my boy underwater).

Ning: Clara is 2 weeks old now, she's born at 36 weeks but at 1.89kg

we are using Avent but noticed she seems to be struggling with the suction & sometimes she would forget to breathe sucking too hard. we also have NUK but the flow seems too much & she gets choked sometimes.

Thanks Sally, will take a look at Dr Brown

anyone bought life or hospital insurance for preterm baby or birth born with birth defact?

what is the age they are eligible to buy?

My boys were born at 33 weeks 3days on 18 April. When will they be able to support their head for tummy time? My smaller twin like not able to lift head yet..

Hi Jan Herm, if u eventually managed to get the hospitalization plans, can u let me know ? Cos' my boy born at 28wk was rejected by GE for the plan. He is now 3 with no pre-existing conditions at all and they still refuse to accept him. Sigh....

i heard from my agent at lease 2 years old with no pre-existing condition can buy liao leh.. my son now 7 months i hope can get a plan for him..

lilac & Xiangning: we will probably go with GE, as my wife's the one liaising with our agent (also a personal friend) so i'm not too sure abt the details.

will find out & update.

My agent is also a personal friend but each time we tried to send in, the underwriter rejects immediately. So discouraging.

Xiangning, same here. My agent told me and from what I read from this thread, it seems that 2 years old is the 'magic' year to buy insurance. But my boy is already 3 years old. Sigh...

SLT in special care nursery usually recommend pigeon latex teat.. They told me to get the latex teat when my boy going to discharge..

My boy's insurance was accepted @ AA12mths.. When he was few mths old, was rejected. Told by the agent to try again when he was one and was accepted without any excusion.. Insurance agent from AIA.. He was borned @ 31weeks with a weight of 1.62kg.. He is now AA3yo..

Hi all. I have 11 tins of neosure 900gm for sale at $46/tin. exp 01/07/14. sg stock.

Reason for selling is because we've visited the Dr and dietician today and both side said our babies are putting on a lot of weigth ( 1.7kg in a month!)and should stop neosure.

I'm willing to deliver to your place for free if you are staying between the west to town of sg. contact me at 92371267 if interested.

hi parents,

i have excess ebm to give away, as i have no more space in my freezer...
my boy is 4 month old...

please leave a message here or pm me if interested.

Hi,

I am a mummy of a preterm bb born at 31 weeks with a weight of 1.1kg. My girl is now AA18 months old. I hope to exchange info and learn more from all of you.

Sally, can you add me in the fb group too? I will PM you my email add shortly.

Thanks!

Hi,

my gal is borned at 34+6days at NUH. She cant flipped at even 8mths and cant crawled at 15th month. PD kept on assuring me that it was ok, she would catch up eventually.

But was really heart pain seeing her stuggle to flip and not mobile enough. Is like she was trapped in her body.

Call it a mother instinct...

we approached a kinesiologist when she is abt 8-9mths... It really helps. With the prescribed exercise, she walks at 19mth and we have more or less tackle all the issue related to her motor skill

happy.gif

Hi Sally

Can add me too. [email protected]
My ex-pre bb is now 29months, 88cm, 13.4kg, but feeding is still a nightmare. He's still on very soft diet - porridge and mee sua type. Is this normal?

Any mommies can recommend which Insurance company to approach to get him a insurance coverage? TIA

Hi mummies, i have yet to deliver but am having low amniotic fluid now which is dipping each week and baby is small, measuring only 30 weeks when i am already 32 weeks now. On weekly monitoring from now and if need be will emergency csection.

If emergency csection at 34-35 weeks, do you think my baby will be ok? Anyone delivered at 34-35 weeks can share your baby progress?

I am very scared. Everyday hoping baby will be fine. He is not making alot of movements though still got the minimum 10 moves per 12 hours. I think its becos there is less fluid for him to move. I worry then will that affect his growth and development and if he will 'die' inside. Everyday i just keep crying and feeling lousy that i cant even provide a conducive environment for him.

Hi Sunny,

I just gave birth on 18 Sep at 35 weeks due to constant leaking of amniotic fluid. Had to deliver cos gynae said if not, infection will set in. Initially, I felt the same way as you - lousy cos I could not provide a safe and healthy environment for him. But what's done is done - you cannot beat nature. Now, I just want to focus all my energy on giving him what I could not give him when he was supposed to be in me. BTW, both baby and I got discharged 2 days later on 20 Sep...

Back