Premature babies support group

Hi david,
sorry to hear that. but look at yr little danya. she is little yet hv the courage to fight bravely to overcome whatever obstacles she is facing. she is a strong & brave little fighter, so are her parents!!! Be strong.
Have faith in God, and will keep your family in prayer.

Hi everyone, just to clarify, actually most preemies have PDA (Patent Ductus Arteriosus) which is the failure of a blood vessel to close, NOT hole in the heart. almost all will eventually close by themselves. http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/001560.htm

Patent ductus arteriosus (PDA) is a condition in which a blood vessel called the ductus arteriosus fails to close normally in an infant soon after birth. (The word "patent" means open.)

The condition leads to abnormal blood flow between the aorta and pulmonary artery, two major blood vessels surrounding the heart.

Causes
Before birth, the ductus arteriosus allows blood to bypass the baby's lungs by connecting the pulmonary arteries (which supply blood to the lungs) with the aorta (which supplies blood to the body). Soon after the infant is born and the lungs fill with air, this blood vessel is no longer needed. It will usually close within a couple of days. If the ductus arteriosus does not close, there will be abnormal blood circulation between the heart and lungs.

PDA is rare. It affects girls more often than boys. The condition is more common in premature infants and those with neonatal respiratory distress syndrome. Infants with genetic disorders, such as Down syndrome, and whose mothers had German measles (rubella) during pregnancy are at higher risk for PDA.

PDA is common in babies with congenital heart problems, such as hypoplastic left heart syndrome, transposition of the great vessels, and pulmonary stenosis.

Baby Kayla was also diagnosed with PDA but her condition has since resolved itself as most mommies here experienced.

However, she has lately been diagnosed with VSD (Ventricular Septal Defect) which is a hole-in-the-heart.

David, like Danya, the size of Kayla's hole is also 2.9mm (medium-sized). However, the location of the hole is an impt factor as to whether it will close, and unfortunately for Kayla hers is located just below the valve; her doctors have said it is highly unlikely to resolve itself, and that surgery at some point may be necessary. :-(

hi kaylas mum, my boy has moderate hole in heart, and was patched up thru surgery at one year old at kkh by dr shankar. You need more information, can always let me know. he was also borned premature at 27 weeks, but it was not the cause for the hole. he is 4 years old now

welcome katherine, i am staying sengkang too, and my boy is 27 weekers, and gal 34 weekers. someday can meet up at compasspoint! I dun think you shd buy premiees clothes, cause I remember my boy also wear oversize new year clothes, and by the time you know it, your baby will outgrow those clothes very fast!

david, jia you, i believe in xian ku hou tian, danya will be bless in future after going thru so much ordeal. in fact all our warriors here will be bless with good lives thereafter!

I am also very fustrated recently cause my boy and girl take turns to fall sick, this month of jan is seeing doctor week, and hectic taking care of the ill kids week...sianz.

somemore my reporting officer is not very understanding leh, i took 2 days childcare leave in jan, and already got warn not to take so much. sigh. wat kind of world is this! can't even take leave when kids are sick.

anyway, sorry ah, a lot of newbies here right? welcome! but me a bit tooo busy to read all posts.

btw, kaylas mum, i can contribute to your article, cause i am one extreme case with 3 premature babies, one at 23 weeks, 2nd at 27 weeks, and 3rd at 34 weeks, plus i am premature old baby myself at 27 weeks. so i can contribute! but my ang moh not good + me busy like siao with kids falling sick, and my teaching, and my new year spring cleaning...sigh...going crazy.

<font color="119911">kaylas_mom</font>,
yeah...but most of our premmiee have grown....mine is more and more playful. really bu ta han him.

<font color="aa00aa">David</font>,
oh....hope, Danya is ok. any idea what's the cause of opening? doc did not perform surgery properly?

hope, everything will be better after cny. be strong if not Danya will sense it...u also need to take care. cheers...

<font color="aa00aa">gingal</font>,
haaa J is the 'star' in yr hse...both grandparents also want to 'snatch' her...gd also...u can have more couple time together, unlike me....sigh...

wow...envy that J can drink 200ml of milk (eye big big and roll...). HX still struck at 150ml since 8mth till now. think, he prefer fm now than mummy milk. currently, he on 1 ebm feed either every morning or every night b4 slp. what brand of fm u give J? HX just switch to gain iq few days ago.

dun need to cut down, if she can drink, just let her drink. afterall, milk is best for toddler/bb. my gar last time, also like J, drink 5-6 times(include mid-night) from 150ml-210ml.

for HX, he ate a rice bowl of eu ren shen si shen brown rice powder during lunch and porridge during dinner. hmm...do J poo a lot? recently, HX poo a lot and drip a lot cos the 7th teeth is coming up liao.

y'day, HX just fell down fr his playpen and knock his cheek. we just came bck and then settle our gar and place things bck so usually will leave HX in his playpen. my mum will leave him sit on the floor if not by the full length window side. HX like to shift all his bolster/pillow a side and then climb up...so now, we remove the bolster. of cos, he just cried and then ok liao. but cheeks red red only.

<font color="119911">Tree_Ice</font>,
haa...Dexter really a gd boy, can 'dong' till 38wk. unlike HX, even with so much jabs(my 2 hands pin with 4 tubes), still slip out to welcome the 'xin lian'.

<font color="aa00aa">Jasmine</font>,
maybe bec now, Xavier is growing teeth, tat's why appetite low. HX also like that one of the time, low appetite. once the pharse is over, his appetite come bck. but then repeat again. what is the duration u give Xavier milk feed? hw many times now he has the milk? most of the time, if HX slp past the milk time, he will only drink 3 times per day.

haa..same like u...pump twice now...gg to retire cow soon.

yup yup, am waiting to meet u n xavier wor b4 u go provided the date is ok and the location.

<font color="aa00aa">kkf</font>,
hmm..yr RPO not family pro wor... hope both yr kids get well soon.

David
I can understand totally how you are feeling now .... a lot of why ? posed to GOD sometimes....unfortunately, some babies just have to go through a tough start. Mine went through 3 years more ..... went to the ops theatre a few times to see if the she could be decannulated but failed, and each time, I would cry my heart out in private .... feeding a trachy baby was really tough, every feed, she would merlion ....the mess created, we have to always looking at her facial expression as a trachy baby couldn't make noise, perform suction etc., even when her trachy tube was removed, the hole in the neck was left opened for another year as her ENT Prof felt that the hole would help her to breathe better .... with that hole in her neck, showering her is a real challenge as a toddler as water must not enter through the hole to get to the lungs. It is until the hole is closed by surgery, then the load is off my shoulder. Though my girl would be 5 years old this week, the thought of her younger days and all the nursing aids that I provided for her, sent cold shivers down my spine.

So hang on....Danya will be lifted completely out of ordeal in the right time. Life as a whole is a roller coaster ride, our premies just started earlier than others but will surely emerge a champion in life later. Be Stronger and Stronger for your girl. Cheers!

Tree Ice
Congrats on your 2nd bundle of joy --- full term baby, Real Nice!
happy.gif

hi kayla mummy - there are diff types of hole in the heart - ASD, even VSD there are diff types.

If ur baby does not turn blue, have poor feeding and as advised by ur cardiologist, it is best to avoid surgery till they are older and stronger. Some holes do close as the child grows older.

If u r seeing Dr Wong at KKH, just follow his opinion as he is the best in the field.

It really makes a difference when a 3mth old bb does a heart surgery compared w a 6mth old.

By the way dr shankar is no longer in KKH, he is at NUH and he is a wonderful surgeon.

hi David - alot of times we question why. the reason God does it we dont know it now, but in time to come u will understand why He does it and u will be grateful He is always there for u, ur bb and ur wife.

hi kayla - my son has ASD, VSD - upper and lower valve. He has alot of holes - he is called the swiss cheese heart.

for muscular VSD it is v diff to repair as the muscles are blocking and when the heart is stopped, diff to see the holes. As such a banding is done at his atery to hope as he grows and the muscles will close the holes.

He also has PDA which is operated at his first surgery.

David - i understand u cos my son though not a premmie has alot of problems than a premmie does not have. Have faith in our good God ...

hi all mummies,
i did a long post ytd, but alas the internet failed me and i dun see it here. sigh.

wat i had wanted to say is for everyone to persevere on. For me, the fear is still ongoing.. looking at my boy below 3 percentile all the time, i sometimes also wonder if he will be healthy or can even have any more potential to grow. At 2 yo, he can still merlion as and when also. So i guess our journeys, though some more difficult than the others, will be one that we can all identify and provide support for each other. really not easy.. sigh.

Jas,
when are u returning to shanghai? would really love to meet up with you before you fly off. i'll be away in taiwan for cny for 2 wks from next wk onwards, u still be ard after 20 feb?

Re: gathering in SK
seems we have a few mummies in SK? how about a small gathering at compasspoint?! swensons or sakae.. if keen i try to organise one when i back from taiwan after 20 feb?

kaylas mommy, just in case u need more scenarios for ur article.. my bb was born via emergency c sec at 34+5 weeks. Before that bb growth was already not very good due to lesser blood flow to bb (not sure if due to my high BP detected around 20+ week). Have emergency c sec as I suddenly has bleeding from the womb. My sis' 35 weeker was born cos waterbag broke for 'no reason' (her pregnancy was smooth throughout)

tree ice, congrats! show us pics!!!!

david, chins up! *sayang* for danya ...

gingal..ahaha.. we all forget our own CNY clothes..in the end i took half day last week and shop on my own... re care giving. have to play by ear loh..maybe after a while one grandparent will stop :p

xbliss..ahah. i like children too..too bad hb does not (grumble grumble i think u have been hearing this for many times).... gathering at SK? if its weekend lemme know..i wana see u again!
happy.gif

kkf... *bash* ur RO! this is a cruel country where govt wan u to give birth and then dump to grandparents/maids while u continue to work lots of OT (sorry to be so pessimistic)

afcai, time to stop using the playpen! its too dangerous for HX!

re: CNY clothes
i also have not buy my cny clothing. only busy looking for clothing for my 2 princesses. this friday taking half day leave to shop. :p this time must only see mine and ah lao clothes.. must resist myself to go see children department.. they each have 4 sets already..haa..

After reading David's post, I really feel like a knife pierce into my heart.. For those who know my 1st boy's condition, know how I feel.. And I really hope thing will turn out fine for everyone of us and our precious bb..

Thanks, afcai, preciousone and bloom.. There is something I never tell u gals, my 2nd boy failed his hearing test that was tested on the 3rd day.. I was so sad and worried.. Next hearing test will be on next mth and I hope he will pass cos I cannot take anymore stress that the 1st boy has already given me..

xbliss,
Yah, I agree on the gathering in Compasspoint part, but u all pls organise after my confinement k? I NEED FRESH AIR.. I m so bored of staying at home everyday eating the same thing and bath only ONCE a day.. pengz..

Hi,
My baby gal is premmie, born at 34wks. Now she's going to be 5mths old soon. Apart from being a little bit smaller/shorter than full term baby, she is doing okay. She got reflux problem, and recently, PD said she might be allergic to cow milk because of bad eczema. But i guess these are common problems to full-term babies as well.
And I'm very thankful that she did not have any complication.

I got some clothes to give away, especially a set of premmie clothes which i got it from one of the mummy here. Please PM me. Collection at buangkok or newton mrt.

Hi everyone,
WOW! isn't is amazing that so many mommies here stay around Sengkang and Buangkok? I did too at anchorvale but just moved to town after delivery. (hmm...maybe shouldn't have moved if i knew got such a big 'support group' there!) ;-P

P/S: i've PM-ed those who posted that they'd like to share their stories. :)

hi kaylas mom, i m teaching in anchorvale. :p think you know which school leh.

i am staying compassvale. btw, sure lets have a gathering at sengkang xbliss!

agree with vanilla pod, if not urgent, then do it when your child grows bigger. like my boy, he did it when he grew about 10kg, and was about 1 year old, cause his case not so urgent.

vanilla pod, your son is not premiee? anyway, hole in heart is not due to premiee or not. how old is your son now? following up wih dr wong at kkh? my boy is following up with dr tan.

yes dr shankar no longer in kkh, not sure who is the surgeon now. last time, dr shankar used to be the one and only one surgeon, and he was ever sooooooo busy with lots of cases.

tree ice, i knew your boy's case, but how is he now? dun worry lar, your baby not concentrating during hearing test. haha.

regarding new year clothes, agree, no time to buy ourselves, no time to shop unless going toy shop. hahaha. anyway, i bought my clothes all online thru web one, of course sometimes, not fitting. but really no luxury to go shop and try out the clothes + my figure soooo lousy, dun dare to step into the stores. hahaha. anyway, i bought the kids' clothes mainly from bulk purchase. hee.

welcome celline! join us more here. my gal is also 34 weekers born 2009 as well, just that she is born january so 1 year old liao!

I really think we should salute ourselves and our warriors for going thru so much! they will have bundle of blissfulness thereafter!

Hi Tree_Ice,
We got quite a few babies in our area.
My block itself got 3 babies under 6mths.
My elder son is 3yrs plus, so I always bring him to the playground near Blk 275. And I usually buy groceries at the NTUC. Confinement time is the best time to rest and bond with the children.

xbliss,
Do organise a gathering for the SK mummies. I'm keen to join as well.

did I 'hear' SK again? faintz...liao... think we shd have a gathering bec Jasmine fly bck to SH.

think HX dun like mummy' milk now (only give him in the morning), he can drink 180ml of milk liao(just upgrade him gain iq). hmm...wondering gain iq so sweet meh...

<font color="119911">Yan</font>,
me long time never buy clothes liao since married. now, if go shopping, will auto go children dept one...like legs got magnet attract there.

<font color="0000ff">bloom</font>,
HX only turn 1 but he already .....TX used playpen till 17mth loh...but she not so active as this boy...that's why I classifed HX as buay ta han kid.

recently, dunno why making me super tired, he like to dance, walk and sing in the wee hr...keep on scolding him and he still smile. faintz...

<font color="119911">Tree_ice</font>,
wow...u gd, bath once a day. I bath after 16days (buay tong liao...) cos rashes break out...

hmm...what happen to yr elder?? I understand yr anxiety and worries, maybe yr bb just sleepy that time.

<font color="119911">celline</font>,
welcome here...yr gar is not so premature. mine born wk 31. he dun look like 1 yr old. ppls said he is 10mth only...

<font color="119911">kaylas_mom</font>,
I dun really have story to tell but only dramatic labour only...whereby abt 20 ppls fr 3 teams rushing into the delivery rm. making me like super idol or star to welcome my bb. at first, they still joke, u sure U gg to deliver (faintz...), making me forgotting all the 4 tube of needle connected to both hand and forgetting I'm in delivery rm and forgetting the pain etc...

kkf,
Craydon is doing fine now, still abit slow in speech but can speak up simple words now.. As for the case, mayb this yr, I dun know.. gotta see and wait.. hope everything goes well.. As for my 2nd bb hearing, I really v worried.. Sometime his gor gor can shout and scream real loud in the same room and he can still zzz like a pig, as though he never hear anything.. I thought bb suppose to be startled by slightest nose? sighzz..

celline,
Yeah, I know our area here (Aspella, Atrina and Tivela) ALOT OF bb and toddlers.. Cos its new estates and mostly move in r newly wed couple or with young kids.. I will be very headache next time if my kids time to entrol into nursery, dun know whether got vacancy?

afcai,
1st 4days I never bath cos still at hospital and its already WANT MY LIFE liao.. I hav to bath and wash hair at least once or else I stink leh.. hahahahaa..

Hi Mums,

Sincerely from the bottom of my heart, I thank each and every one of you for your support and encouragement.

The family of D3 will definitely fight hard and brave with the wisdom and guidance from the mighty one up there.

Each and every of our young warrior has a unique and challenging journey ahead of them. Their "Never Give Up' fighting spirit have thought us many valuable lesson about treasuring every precious moments of our life.

Life can be gone in a blink of the eyes. We should and shall live our life to the fullest without and regret.

Danya birthday is around the corner. This has also stir up a lot emotion in me. The darkness moment in the earlier days of Danya's birth still send the extreme cold chill down my spine. Thinking back on the dark memory very much put me into tears. Looking back on her picture, I am very glad that God guided us and protected Danya well.

3598880.jpg

3598881.jpg

With CNY around the corner, I wish every family a happy, healthy and prosperous CNY.

hi Kkf - my son is not premature, ya his heart probs are deemed to be congential. he is currently 16 mths and is still on follow up w Dr Wong. Now the surgeon at KK is Dr KK Ong. Ya Dr shankar is like superman... i heard he can do 5 surgeries in a day.

For our case we could not wait till my son is of a particular weight then do surgery. by 6mths his band is too tight so he did his open heart op then.

kaylas mum, read your story on the parenting magazine..i muz say that it was the front page story on the premature baby's story that made me buy the mag
happy.gif
hp that evythg is alright wif yr ger...every case here is different and unique and i guess each has a different story to tell on our baby's premature birth...

david, m not so regular on this board now but touched to tears when i read yr post...great that danya is doing well and i also wish you all the best !

tree ice, hw you doing?hw many more wks to the end of yr confinement?

Hi KKF, Yes absolutely... i know which school...i can even walk there! i used to wonder whether i could go to the school canteen to get some food...its nearer than the coffeeshop.. ;-P

Hi vanilla pod, so sorry to hear about your baby's condition.

yea, the doctor told me (upon my insistent probing!) that kayla's hole is "very unlikely to close on its own" cos its situated just below the valve. she has to be on long-term diuretic medication cos her heart is dilated and swollen. but otherwise no signs of distress.

i'm not sure who Dr Wong is, is he the head of Cardiac Centre? we were assigned a young doctor by the name of jonathan... but everytime they check or do an echocardiogram, there are lotsa ppl crowding round...dunno who are the doctors, radiographers, and interns! *faint*

Hi Costa Del Sol,
Now we all know where you live! I've been there once..the sea-view is GORGEOUS!

Wah.. Thanks for your support! i didn't think many ppl would be intested in stories like that. i actually wrote it as a form of catharsis and was surprised the magazine was keen to feature it!

But having said that, like you mentioned, everyone here has a story to tell.. . some better, some worse.

well everyone, i hope that we can all learn from our experience and grow stronger from it. and most of all, at the end of the day, remember to cherish what you have, life is fragile...and everytime you gaze at your little one, give thanks to God for your miracle baby..your precious one.

afcai,
the magazine is called Young Parents and its published by SPH. you can get it at some newsstands/supermarket etc (the non-mediacorp ones... :p)

Kaylas mum,

haha, you got a good guess but you are salah(wrong) lah...i dun live at costa del sol...just nearby there...

yes, maybe this topic of premature babies is close to the hearts of the mums here and to me, so i bought it...

you are right abt the heart doctors.....i din read the thread thoroughly now but my first few appts at the heart centre was not wif so many doctors...but subsequently, there were some young doctors in the room and they are machiam like observers, just stand there see see look look.....

david, danya is sooo cutie. lovely girl! jiayou! wow, so fast, one year liao???????

kaylasmom, is it this month issue? i go buy. btw, same here, my boy's moderate hole in heart needs to patch up due to position of the hole cause his hole is in between the two valves i think. Anyway, i brought him to gleneagles to seek 2nd opinion, and confirmed he needed surgery, then I proceeded with it. you might want to do that...

I hope ur gal wun have to go thru surgery, cause honestly, gals if have heart surgery, next time give birth will need more care.

vanilla pod, our children all went thru so much. seeing the scar on my boy's chest always pains my heart.

<font color="119911">Kaylas mum</font>,
thks for the infor. will look out for that magazine.

I agree that one next time give birth will need more care.dunno why, after give birth, my stamina not gd...walk a bit pant...then run a bit, sweat and heart beat very fast so cannot over exert myself now...sigh...

sian...so tired, long time never update blog liao..have not edit photos for HX's bd.

kaylas mum,
i have not read the article but i think you have a great flair for writing just by looking at your post here. We do and want to spread the awareness on premies which many times coincide with complications in pregnancy because i think many parents and pregnant mums suffer in silence. Some out of ignorance, some out of shame (prob i say so cos i am one of them..) Takes a lot for people to share and stand up, i can't seem to do that so openly cos i havent got over the loss of my 2 other boys and talking about it just gets me teary eyed. Nonetheless, i am happy just typing out here.
happy.gif

David,
i get to see pretty big eyes Danya!! time really flies! go ahead and indulge in a wonderful birhtday celebration.. though we all know that 1 year olds probably go through their birthdays not knowing what its about most of the time. It's still an important milestone for D3! Go D3 go!!! jia you!!!

Bloom
sigh, my hb like kids but dunno how to handle them.... i think sama sama lah.. hahahahah. yar i so excited to see u. u prob can't even recognise me.. sheesh..grow too fat liao!

Celline,
same estate! heheheh..meet at playground after i back from taiwan!

<font size="+2"><font color="aa00aa">{Re: Gathering at SengKang (open to all mummies if you willing to come to SK!)</font></font>

Wow not bad for initial response..

Let me start the thread and see what conclusion we will get when i come back from Taiwan on 20 Feb. Those who are going can take initiative to look at new dates, venue, etc if the following are not feasible.

Please cut and paste the following when you add your name:

================================================
<font color="ff0000"><font size="+2">Gathering @ Sengkang Compasspoint</font></font>

Please select one option from the following. If ok with both options, leave blank.

Venue: Select Swensons OR Sakae Sushi
Date: Select 6 or 13 March (Saturday)
Time: 1pm (lunch)

Please bring along husbands so they can also "bond" and help take care of the little ones (if you bringing them)!

1. xbliss
2. KKF (please select venue and date)
3. bloom (please select venue and date)
4. celline (please select venue and date)
5. Tree_Ice (please select venue and date)

David,

So glad to see the recent Danya's pic posted... She is lovely and she has grown so much since u last posted her pic... She is pretty with her pouty lips... I'm sure daddy and mummy is very proud of her, esp. being such a strong-willed girl...

Re: Gathering

HUH! Sengkang again...
sad.gif
Saturday's lunch to bring her alone to Sengkang will be very challenging to me... hmmmm ... Think I cannot confirm yet, though I very much enjoyed last gathering and love to see u guys again.

Just a suggestion on venue in SK...I know that there is a Kite-flying place in SK or Ponggol and I think it's really will be fun to be sitting on mats and doing some potluck and kite-flying for bigger kids and active mums and dads. Those with younger babies can actually sit ard and chat, and active bigger kids can run ard...
Cos if i'm going with a big group of mummies and daddies with kids/babies and strollers and needa find a suitable table at restuarants and still gotta compete with the noise to chat will be very sianzzz...

Paiseh ah, just a suggestion, though I haven cfm if going anot...

Gathering @ Sengkang Compasspoint

Please select one option from the following. If ok with both options, leave blank.

Venue: Select Swensons OR Sakae Sushi
Date: Select 6 or 13 March (Saturday)
Time: 1pm (lunch)

Please bring along husbands so they can also "bond" and help take care of the little ones (if you bringing them)!

1. xbliss
2. KKF (please select venue and date)
3. bloom (please select venue and date)
4. celline (please select venue and date)
5. Tree_Ice (Swensen, 6 March)

---------------------------------------

Actually gingal's suggestion is good too cos my hubby always wanted to bring my boy to kite flying.. If the venue is there, my hubby sure join us.. But if its compasspoint, think I will go there alone... :p

tree_ice and gingal,
i agree with the suggestion. I was having second thoughts in case our group grows too big to communicate well in a restaurant setting.

In fact i think the MRT station opp my estate at Buangkok is ideal. There is shade provided by the MRT station itself, toilet available @ MRT (i am not sure of the standard though....) and can just da bao food from that area. It is def not as crowded as the plot next to compasspoint too... Err but problem is i haven't been to check out Sengkang side's kite flying area. KKF can comment?

If it's Buangkok area, we need not pot luck. the tze char stall at the non-aircon kopitiam next to the MRT serves good food. A few of us can buy and walk over. If we need halal food, there's always sakura.

i also have been thinking of kite flying now that my boy ready for it! HA! i just brought him there last wkend to see pple doing kite flying... err.. interest sustained very well, but after sitting ard too long he asked to go. I guess it might have been more fun for him if i had tried to fly a kite instead?! ha...

Ok so here goes...

------------------------------------------------
<font size="+1"><font color="ff0000">Gathering @ Sengkang (either Buangkok MRT or Sengkang MRT area) for kite flying and pot luck or tze char..</font></font>

<font color="ff6000">Venue</font>: Sengkang MRT or Buangkok MRT (1 stop away from each other) TBC after more reviews
<font color="aa00aa">Time</font>: 1pm (lunch) or 4pm (err.. high tea?!) - was thinking if 1pm too hot for kite flying!?!?!
<font color="ff6000">Date</font>: 6 March 2010 (Sat)
<font color="aa00aa">No. of kites</font>: pls state how many kites u want? (xbliss can source from downstairs shop and order before hand.)

1. xbliss + husband + bryan (1 kite, 4pm)
2. KKF
3. bloom
4. celline
5. Tree_Ice

---------------------------------------

wow, steady la, thanks for seconding my suggestion!

I very keen leh..i was thinking, maybe I can go alone with Jerlynn if the venue is not shopping centre and restaurant...cos I just have to take a cab and drop off...no need walk ard alone taking her barangs barangs, and then finding a Nappy Changing area etc...

Yes, xbliss is right, Noon to go kite-flying will be very very HOT wor... I think late afternoon 4-5pm will be very good bah...my hubby might be able to join us abt 6plus cos he works til 6pm on saturdays. but anyway, dun really need him around la, cos Jerlynn can't fly kite yet too...keke..

If I go alone, can i "potluck" tidbits and desserts? I will try to get baby biscuits for younger babies and other stuffs, maybe chips and chocs and puddings that adult loves too... Cos if go alone, lighter for me to carry...and I scared I late again wor, cos I'm very not Good with my timings everytime I perpare her out...

I dunno which Kite-flying area my friends always go, I didn't know there are 2 areas... but either one will be fine for me...

1. xbliss + husband + bryan (1 kite, 4pm)
2. KKF
3. bloom
4. celline
5. Tree_Ice
6. gingal + Jerlynn (no kite, 4-5pm, potluck - tidbits or desserts)

<font color="ff0000">PS : we need mats to sit also wor..I think I can get 1-2 pieces, those army-camping types, let me check with my friends and get back to u girls, but I'm just afriad I will be late then cannot rely on me wor, if not then u all gotta sit on grass</font>

there is one kite flying area near anchorvale there. a lots of people during weekends flying kites. really a lot and cars too parking everywhere.

but it's a big open area, and opposite, there is sengkang recreational centre, if we need to go toilet, or makan, there is mcdonald there, and big swimming pool, and lots of toilets.

anywhere is fine with me. hee.
but i never fly kite in my life before. haha...good try, but dun laugh at me if my kite can't fly.

btw, if 1pm, may not be able to make it, as my school is having their anniversary celebration that day with walkaton. think compulsory...sianz.

4pm is better as cooler air too.

Good morning to all mummies &amp; daddy.

Oh, a gathering! Can I join? Would like to get to know the mummies &amp; daddy here. However my bb is still in NICU, so would not be bringing her.

Seems like most of the premmies here are quite 'old' already, about 1 YO and above. Any newborns or few mths old babies here?

Hi everyone!
i finally finished my article on Preemies! (now just need to see whether my editor will accept it!)

Thanks to all mummies for your wonderful support, whether by way of answering my interview questions or thru your encouraging comments!

Just to clarify, this article on preemies will be out in April. I will update again in this thread once i receive confirmation. The current issue of Young Parents (Feb 2010) is a real-life account of my miracle baby and pregnancy complications.

HAIZ!

Does it have to be on 6 March? Cos i am away in Macau/HK then!!!

Oh well...another time then...i'm sure there will be another, right?

Anyways, i know EXACTLY which field you guys are talking about cos i used to live in that very estate (those blocks near the field)! Too bad my place is now rented out or i'd invite you gals over and make it easier for everyone :)

BTW, my hubby was one of those enthusiasts who would 'abandon' their family to go down and fly their remote-control airplanes for hours and hours on end!
you may want to note that mornings are for airplanes &amp; afternoons for kites!)

hehe... looks like kite flying IS a better option. :D tks gingal for suggestion.

Gingal,
if you are coming alone, dun bring so many things lah..i know very shiong one. heheh I can easily get a lot of things from my downstairs before i go over :D

KKF/all in SK,
is the anchorvale area very crowded? Buangkok area is not, plus can make use of the MRT's canopy for shade. I thought shade might be quite good if it rains or still is too hot? Also, the toilet is more accessible, just next to the field. If not, my home is just opp (can use MRT underpass, sheltered all the way) so those who prefer a cleaner toilet can come.

<font color="ff0000"><font size="+1">Gathering @ Sengkang (either Buangkok MRT or Sengkang MRT area) for kite flying and pot luck or tze char.. </font></font>

<font color="ff6000">Venue</font>: Sengkang MRT or Buangkok MRT (1 stop away from each other) TBC after more reviews
<font color="aa00aa">Time</font>: 1pm (lunch) or 4pm (err.. high tea?!) - was thinking if 1pm too hot for kite flying!?!?!
<font color="ff6000">Date</font>: 6 March 2010 or 13 March 2010 (ok let's take a poll cos of kayla!)
<font color="aa00aa">No. of kites</font>: pls state how many kites u want? (xbliss can source from downstairs shop and order before hand.)

1. xbliss + husband + bryan (1 kite, 4pm, dun mind potluck or i can buy almost everything)
2. KKF
3. bloom
4. celline
5. Tree_Ice
6. gingal + Jerlynn (no kite, 4-5pm, potluck - tidbits or desserts)

Logistics:
xbliss: kites, mats, packet drinks

hi there - new to this thread. my 2nd gal born 24wk+5 last yr end. now stil in kkh nicu. my elder gal oso prem @ 27wk. she's nw in P3........

Mricky, hihi, are you the one whom i was communicating with thru emails..sorry that i lost touch wif you as one of my emails bounced back due to my co server problem and i din resend my mail to you..

hws yr ger now?

costa - nt sure lei but doesn't matter lah.

she's had PDA ligation done 15Jan and now has chronic lung disease. birth weight 630gm and now abt 880gm. quite slow but i guess she's gone thru the op and reacted badly to the eye drop nicu administered for her eye check up. was on antibiotic for 1m cos ultrasound showed she has abcess in her liver.. so poor thing. so now, she's off the antiobiotic and all the iv drips, hopefully she can gain weight now....

mricky, thk its you..
happy.gif

chronic lung disease is wat many premmies(if not all) hv...u read the sunday lifestyle...there was an article on kids hving bronchitis..mbe you can read when you are free....

the doctor said generally shes ok, right?

doctors say she is clinically ok. but seriously i donno wat that means. as long she's growing well, no infection and no new issues, i'm happy. errr.....stil can't recall lei... u pm me yr email add then maybe i can recall.. paisei

Back