Premature babies support group

Hi kkf

my order is Pancake Chicken Burger, Curry Chicken With Nice Rice and Chicken Wings
Rice Meal = $3.5+$5.4+$2.1 = $11..

Thanks

Bloom, portion quite big...

<font color="0000ff">gathering on 29th dec sunday 12-4pm</font>
Gathering on 29th november (12-4pm)at my house in sengkang.
1. kkf, Dash, Violet and Hubby
2 . gingal, hubby and Jerlynn
Curry Chicken with Nice Rice x 2 $5.40 x 2
3. xbliss and bryan (hb pending)
4. bloom and kate
5. Jas and Xavier
6. Xiaowanzi and Lucas
7. Tree Ice, hubby and Craydon
Chicken Wings Rice Meal, Potatos N Chicken cube and Crispy chicken bites,
$3.50 + $3.80 + $2 = $9.30
8. Lin, hubby and jolie
Pancake Chicken Burger, Curry Chicken With Nice Rice and Chicken Wings
Rice Meal = $3.5+$5.4+$2.1 = $11

Ok lilac, noted. i have rec sms from bloom and treeice (actually i have both ur numbers liao. hee) will sms u all my add nearer to date.

Anymore people joining?

hi david - when my son was in hosp after his surgeries, usually the doc and nurses will adminster physio - which is to suck phelgm from his lungs (via throat)... did they do this to danya after her tummy op? It is necessary cos after surgery fluid will build up in the bbs' lungs.

take care and God will protect and bless the little fighter!

Hi all,

I'm a new preemie mummy. My baby boy is about 4 days old now and was born at 31 [email protected].

I had a very spontaneous preterm labor - both gynae and I never even suspect that I would have a premature baby. Most people I know with preemies are usually twins or have high bp etc which I do not have. Any mummies with such experience?

Baby is still in the step down unit/ SCN now and was told that estimated stay will be 47 days. Any mummy can advise if I need to buy some preemie clothes/mittens etc now? Was caught totally unawares so all the baby clothes I have are 0-3 mths or beyond.

Also, where can I find preemie clothes? Saw some at mothercare but selection quite limited and it's expensive as well =[

hi rhyea,

25mth ago, I hav a 34wker 1.5kg bb and he was dicharged at 1.98kg.. I got the baby clothes from cheap cheap shop.. actually u can get those shirt that is string instead of buttons one.. so that u can wrap him instead..
happy.gif

Hi David,

I know this is the toughest moment now for u and ur wife.. I can totally understand how u feel.. Jia you and I m sure little Danya will be alrite soon with u and ur wife TLC..

kkf,

updated with food order

gathering on 29th dec sunday 12-4pm
4. bloom and kate
salmon fish with rice $5.80
5. Jas and Xavier
6. Xiaowanzi and Lucas
8. Lin, hubby and jolie

david, take care!

the cheap cheap wrap round shirt can be bought at the clothes shop at the corner of the block facing the guan yin shop at rochor.

<font color="aa00aa">kkf</font>,
if I go, won't be ordering lunch. will be after 2-3pm liao after moo moo. got to charm my ah lao again to see if he wanted to go if not cannot bring 2 kids out.

u want to pm me yr contact. if I can make it, will sms u then.

<font color="0000ff">bloom</font>,
yeah loh...at least u still got direct bus. I still need to walk 10-15mins to mrt then exchange mrt then take lrt again.faintz....arrr..need more than 1hr to travel...

<font color="aa00aa">David</font>,
glad that Danya is bck hm.take care.

oh... thks god. god bless.....wish Danya have a speedy recovery.

<font color="119911">rhyea</font>,
welcome. same same, my bb also born at wk 31 @1.72kg. my case, gyane and I also dun suspect that I will have premature too tough I bleed fr day 1-wk14. yup, standard saying given by nurse/doc will be 47days.

for me, I did not buy, I used normal bb clothings and mitten/booties.

oh..must be tiring for u and Diana...

<font color="119911">xbliss</font>,
oh..see the location - east coast, I faintz...

<font color="aa00aa">gingal</font>,
haa..HX is no 2 liao so not gan cheong mah...HX only like bread cover. really not so much outside food loh. those are only to keep him quiet. will bring bread along when go out. when we gave him banana, he use his mouth to come over and grab a bit instead of us scraping it for him. oh...for me, I cannot eat spicy food now since after delivery. taste bug change....

water cake and zhu chang fen, we did not mash. just use fork/spoon chop into small pieces and give him. he move his mouth and act like chewing...by the way, he has 4 teeth now. haa he really like like a chipmunk wor when he smile...:p.

<font color="aa00aa">Jas</font>,
let Xaview experience the trail of taking mrt cum lrt loh. since HX is 6mth, we took him for a checkup by mrt and bus wor. he so KPO ard.

Tree_Ic, Bloom,

Thanks! The wrap sounds like a good idea. Will go take a look.

afcai,
Oh didn't know that 47 days is their "standard" answer. Really hope I can have my little Calvin home soon.

rhyea, sorry to hear about your preterm labour. Don't worry so much cos' your baby is at quite a good weight of 1.6kg. Doctors will usually keep premature babies till they are 37 weeks and/or reached 2 kg. Does your baby have other issues? If not, probably just need to concentrate on gaining weight. Continue to encourage and sing to him when you visit him. Regarding clothings, I think just buy a few pcs would be enough. I bought a few from Mothercare and in the end, did not get to use them at all because babies grow very fast. Tom and Stefanie sells premmie's clothing and cost about $10-$12. I bought about three. 0-3 mths clothes should be alright cos' some cutting are small. Hope that your boy get discharged soon.

David,

WIll continue to pray for Danya. Please take care of yourself and Diana.

Kkf,

My order will be curry chicken with rice X 1 too. Total 5.4. Will sms u soon!

Btw, as Xavier stilll cant sit without support...Is it possible that i push my stroller inside ur hse? I am afraid it will be quite cramp since we have so many mummies and babies
happy.gif
Yet, I have never used the sling CORRECTLY before...sth is not right but i dunno what
sad.gif

A bit kancheong abt the gathering as I never went out with Xavier alone...hehe...

Bloom,

Tingkat is too oily and mostly fried food, my MIL got lots of gastric problem..
sad.gif

Afcai,

DOc has warned me many times abt not bringing Xavier to "very crowded" place as he has chronic lung disease. He even asked me to turn up at 130pm (b4 the clinic starts)for every appt to avoid the crowd...So, i dont want to take a chance in LRT/MRT when strangers will just sneeze or cough without caring about others...Maybe a bit overproctective, but doctor mentioned that once he catches any flu, even the most common one, he will need to be hospitalized and on oxygen support. After 139 days in NICU, 5 days readmission in isolation ward and 46 days on home O2 support, I think i had enough ....

I guess coming to the gathering is a big step for us :p BUT as preemies parents, I know we are all very pro-hygiene, so i feel very safe...hehee...

Btw, to answer ur earlier qn on CHronic lung disease, he will eventually outgrow this lung problems, as lung tissues will continue to grow until he is 8..So, in a few years' time, he will have a "new" lung..hehehe....

kkf,
reporting here for gathering....kekeke..
can i come alone?? hahaha... lalalala... i see how first.. no need order lunch for me... i might just drop by if i in pasir ris that day... will sms u..
happy.gif

dear all,
pai seh i very very long nvr come into this thread... i m all lost...
when i got more time...i will scroll back and update our table...

Hi everybody,

so so so long din visit this thread already. got so many posting, difficult to catch up liao. hope everybody are ok.
happy.gif

4. bloom and kate
5. Jas and Xavier
curry rice x 1
6. Xiaowanzi and Lucas
curry rice x 1
8. Lin, hubby and jolie
9. tigger + hubby + helper + 2 babies
10. nana (Pending)
11. afcai (pending)

david, knows how fustrating. really hope danya will recover soon.

rhyea, welcome. 31 weeks is ok, dun worry. well, same here, for me, no reason for my premature labors. I have no high blood and have no twins, but just gave birth after contractions for my first two labors. For my last labor, managed to dong till 34 weeks, and waterbag burst.Personal opinion, no need to get those premiee clothes. Your baby will be able to wear 0-3 mths clothes, a bit bigger, but never mind, soon very fast, will outgrow.

afcai, same here, when i bring violet out, will give her one biscuit (she loves bread too) and then we can eat our food.

violet just recovered fr fever, think she is teething. her upper two teeths appear (lower two teeths already appear).

I AM VERY NERVOUS TODAY! PSLE RESULTS OUT! I am truely nervous, cause I taught 10 students (weakest 10), and I really pray and hope they can pass. else our 100% chinese PSLE passes will be ruin by me, and I will be qian gu zui ren.

Mummylian, your boy taking psle too this year right? hope he done well! nervous nervous nervous?

<font color="ff0000">hi all, those who still want to make it to gathering, my mobile is 94798161, just contact me anytime for my add, for food, think you all just prepare the $ and pay me on that day, yah?</font>

Hello everybody

How's everyone? Its been awhile since I last logged in. Super siong for me the last 1.5 months. In between maids. I really salute mummies that do everything by themselves. You gals deserve AWARDS!!

Would love to attend the gathering but Maddy was down with mild bronchitis on Monday. She has recovered but think its better to ground her for another week. Hmm,maybe next gathering can hold at mmy place.. err.. maybe we can do a xmas party for the little ones..

Hubby still dun wan to cfm. anyway, that morning or sat night will let u know again via sms. wow, u plc yr contact online, dun scare u got many many fans after that....

if I go will reach 0230-330pm blar...yr hse got food warmer or anything can warm up HX's food?

<font color="119911">Grace</font>,
oh..hope Maddy get well soon. where's u live? not NE or E blar...then I faintz....26/12 got appt liao.

Hi hi,

I'm back from my Genting Trip, fell sick after came back...I hope I will be well enough to be there on Sunday's gathering...
I don't want to spread my virus also if I'm not well enough...

<font color="0077aa">KKF,</font>

Can amend my order to only one Curry with Rice? Think my hubby might not be going up with me...

<font color="0077aa">David,</font>

How is Danya now? Hope she is ok ler...

<font color="0077aa">rhyea</font>

Welcome to the thread...Hope ur boy is doing well...

Just like what Tree_Ice said, u can buy those string wrap tops for your boy when he can be discharged...It costs only about $2 each...
Cheaper and also light and good material...don't have to wear to nice and expensive clothes for the first few weeks, cos u will end up swaddling your boy and no one can see the fancy patterns...
My mum bought those at one of the shops Tampines Central Blk 505, it will be available at some markets, or those stalls that are outside shops that sells kids clothes...

<font color="0077aa">Grace</font>,

Geez, nice to see u back here posting! Busy with house-moving wor, no wonder never hear from u liao...
How's the new place??? Mee-di-san getting used to it?

hi all,

i will not be able to make it for the gathering. i just had my H1N1 vaccine yesterday and today i am down with a mild version of it..flu, sore throat, fever. I am quite sure we can meet another time. Enjoy yourselves while i shiver under the blanket!

kkf
Thanks for the nice invitation
happy.gif
Will be there. By the way, wat is this food ordering thingy?? Can enlighten??

Yup. My no. 2 gotten his result. He did well too
happy.gif
surpassed my expectation. He got 245 with 2 A and 2A*. No doubt he is 5 marks lower than his bro, I'm already very happy
happy.gif
Really praise the Lord for all my children!

Little Ezann is now the little naggy in the house. She is very demanding. But happy that she is growing well
happy.gif

How's ur little one?

X bliss

Do take care!

David
Pray that the little one recover asap
happy.gif

Hope those who are not well get well soon. wow mummylian, ur 2nd boy scores sooo well! wow, tell me what is ur secret leh during gathering k?
Btw, pls pardon me for the messiness of my house though I tried very best to keep it tidy and may be a bit cramp, cause mine is just 5 room flat. haha
my contact: 94798161

Updated list
curry chicken with rice x 2, salmon fish with rice x 1
2 . gingal and Jerlynn
Curry Chicken with Nice Rice x 1 $5.40
3. bloom and kate
4. Jas and Xavier
curry rice x 1
5. Xiaowanzi and Lucas
curry rice x 1
6. Tree Ice, hubby and Craydon
7. Lin, hubby and jolie
8. tigger + hubby + helper + 2 babies
<font color="0000ff">(food for u?)</font>
9. nana (Pending) (sms me if you are coming)
10. afcai comes after 2.30pm no need lunch
11. mummylian (<font color="0000ff">How many?</font>)
12. fairylander, 2 kids, hubby <font color="0000ff">food?</font>
13. Daec (Pending?)

<font color="ff0000">pls informs me the food u want by saturday night, k?</font> thanks!

Mummylian, the food can be found fr:
http://www.water-rise.com/menu.htm

<font color="119911">Grace,</font>,
haa..of cos, far more nearer than kkf's plc. in fact, I got direct bus to beauty world.

<font color="aa00aa">gingal</font>,
oh...I simply wanted to see J as well as all premmiee wor...cos I will be gg to this gathering with kids wor (the biggest challenges to travel so far).
wow, u gd, gg to Genting...bringing J there as well? how are u now?

HI KKF,
my food order:
1x char siew chicken with rice $3.60 + 1x pancake crispy chicken burger set $5.80 = $9.40

tks looking forward to see u all

Hi David,

How's Danya? Hope she can recover and discharge by tomorrow.

Think this is the best present for you.

Happy Birthday. You are a great daddy and husband.

as of now. this is the latest list:
Updated list
curry chicken with rice x 2, salmon fish with rice x 1
2 . gingal and Jerlynn
Curry Chicken with Nice Rice x 1 $5.40
3. bloom and kate
4. Jas and Xavier
curry rice x 1
5. Xiaowanzi and Lucas
curry rice x 1
6. Tree Ice, hubby and Craydon
7. Lin, hubby and jolie
8. tigger + hubby + helper + 2 babies
no lunch needed.
9. nana (Pending) (sms me if you are coming)
10. afcai comes after 2.30pm no need lunch
11. mummylian (How many?)
12. fairylander, 2 kids, hubby
1x char siew chicken with rice $3.60 + 1x pancake crispy chicken burger set $5.80 = $9.40
13. Sam, hubby and 3 kids
14. Jane, hubby and siang

thank you kkf for the outing!!! wah...so many mommies and bbs..ehehhehe.. and so pai seh make u sponsor so much food...

my gal cranky on the way home..luckily go home drink milk play for a while then now zzz..eheehhee

gingal,./both u and jerlynn pretty in pics and in real life leh...

jas...u take care ok!

xiaowanzi, fairylander, sorry no time to talk much to u...

was lin and tigger there???

tree ice, take care too..let us know when no2 comes...

afcai, paiseh..everytime its that recognise me, not vice versa :p

mummylian...wah..finally see ur whole family//ezann is very pretty!
happy.gif

sam, peifu! cannot imagine how busy u r on a daily basis...

jane, we finally met!
happy.gif
understand ur saying that we all plan to move near to our parents pl but cannot let our hbs know! :p

hello all
happy.gif

its really been a while since i log in here.

Bloom, thanks for msning me abt this gathering. Actually, my hb is aware of the plan that if really need be, we will move near to my mum house :p. and yes a BIG thank you to KKF for the wonderful gathering that you host.

KKF - pai say make a mess of your residence :p. Siang really had lots of fun with all the toys and friends.

bloom - hehe yes we finally met and i finally met the mummies and bbs.

to our next gathering (premature bb day at kkh?), hope the rest of the mummies can meet up.

cheers

Hi all, thanks for coming!!
Really grateful, and so par seh, i called up water rise to order lunch, but realised they are fully booked for today. Stupid water-rise. In the end, got to cater kfc and pizza hut. Hope u all dun mind...

So sorry, didn't manage to inform all about the gatherings. Only last minute few days ago, then I realised I have some of your hp numbers, so quickly sms those like jane, and daec. par seh.

Hope u all have a good time...thanks for coming! Looking forward to our next gathering. Now we can associate each other's face when chatting in this forum...hee

And one more thing, I had lost some of your hp numbers, cause my hp just dropped into toilet bowl today! sianz. So if you sms me, and I dun recognise your number, pls pardon me...I only have numbers in my SIM card, and lost all that are store in the phone.

happy.gif
kkf. you are a great host.

oh, where are u posting the group pic (i have loaded it into my pc)? so that i can tag with you? you are not often on FB right?

Our group photos with our warriors!
3308107.jpg

those who will like to have our photo, pls pm/email me yah? thanks!

kkf
happy.gif
thanks. please send to my yahoo email. I will send to you a few that dash toke with siang.

for those who would like to have a copy of the group pic (that is taken by my hb) please pm me. thanks

gingal and Jerlynn: finally able to meet the pretty mummy and little girl

bloom and kate: wow, last time we met up was at the tui na. finally met up again. kate is pretty leh.

Daec, finally meet you! thanks for coming all the way!!!

Jas and Xavier: thanks for taking cab all the way to my place!!!

Xiaowanzi and Lucas: Lucas is a miracle, and he will progress well!!!

Tree Ice, hubby and Craydon: thanks for being the first to come. btw, you are so humerous, guess your baby will be very cheerful as well!

Lin, hubby and jolie: thanks for coming! jolie is sooo happy! love her smile!

afcai: thanks for coming from the west! grateful! xuan xuan is so cute!

mummylian, hubby and 4 kids: envy you with 4 kids and u are still so young, and ezanne is so chio.

fairylander, hubby and 2 kids: finally able to meet cash!!! he has big and charming eyes as well as your gal!

Sam, hubby and 3 kids: you are a wonder, how u manage 3 kids?

Jane, hubby and siang: old friend liao...hee siang and dash good buddies. haha

kkf, thanks for organizing the gathering. Lucas and i enjoyed it. Thanks for the lunch, really Pai seh. Yr house is a good place for kids to gather, so many toys, can open as a child care center. Hee.....

Sorry for leaving so early cos my boy need to take his nap. He went home straight away "TOH".

Unable to catch up with some of the mom, hope can see u'll in the next gathering.

kkf and Jane,

Can forward me a copy of the photos. Thanks.

Hi KKF,

sorry for the last min decision not to turn up. Cause my gal has been coughing 2 days ago, I thought she will be ok by today. But my boy caught it as well, so decided not to show up in case we spread the germs around.

so pie sei ...

Hi kkf,

Yup, we really enjoy ourselves so much esp the kiddos cos they really had fun playing with SO MANY TOYS.. hahahaa.. now my hubby also inspired and wanted to get the big toy car for Craydon.. lolz..

Thanks for the food and the gathering.. Hope there will be another one at least once a yr so that we can all update on each other..
happy.gif

I m really very glad I m there for the gathering.. Now I can link ur nicks with faces liao.. lolz..

thks for organising via being a host. thks for the lunch. I only reached hm at 8pm loh. since came all the way here, we took photos of the park, shopping mall etc....haa..my gar who missed her nap doze off when on bus and mrt wor...

it's great to see u and esp violet and Dash wor....I can see Dash is very happy to see his frenz coming....
thks...my kids esp my gar really have lot of fun at yr hse. so looking fwd for our next gathering.my gar kept on saying that yr plc is a toyland wor...she luv it.

huh..what happened...ai-yo...hp drop into hp then will be gone case right?

<font color="0000ff">bloom</font>,
ya loh....dun remember me huh?boo...

<font color="119911">mummies</font>,
did not manage to meet u all bec I reported at 3pm (came out of out hse at 1255pm). actually, reached bus stop at 0210pm and then ah gar hungry so buy bread for her and eat. so ended up came at 3pm. today is a big challenge and first time I step in NE side. sweat wor....

<font color="aa00aa">aneo aka Jane</font>,
nice to see u and siang....he 's so cute, really look like daddy wor...

<font color="aa00aa">Jas/gingal</font>,
oh...sad sad, did not meet u and Xavier/J wor...

<font color="119911">tree ice</font>,
maybe next time, we meet again.

<font color="119911">xiaowanzi</font>,
guess we meet b4 at KKH right....

<font color="119911">mummylian</font>,
nice to meet u...afterall, only get to meet u (beside aneo b4 she left and bloom downstairs and another mummy daisy or ...)

Hi kkf...

thanks for organising the gathering, opening ur hse and all food...we really enjoy the gathering especially my ger Jolie..really appreciate your effort

Hi Mummies..

Nice to have meet you all..hope we can have more of this type of gatherings...we can learn fr each other..=)

Hihi,

wow, so fast all in here liao after the gathering...

J was playing so happily and chewing all the toys that she can grabbed hold of...haha The moment I got in to my hubby's car, she sceamed for MILK and dozed off whilst sucking...Too exhausted by playing...

<font color="0077aa">kkf</font>

Yeah...must thank u for the food and all, though I din have the time to eat ...
sad.gif
not the first time like dat liao, with a baby like J...haizzzz

haven play with Violet yet,
sad.gif
... must gather next time soon, since this gathering was like a great success, I think we have warmed up, and next gathering will be even more Fun!!!

I also love ur Toyland!!! Hahaha..such a big place for the kids to play...Big and Small kids also got toys loh...

Can send me the pics??? This one too small, can't see faces...hehee

Love this gathering, and hope to see u guys soon again!!!

<font color="0077aa">afcai</font>

Aiyoh, yah loh, never get to see u and HX and ur girl... hope next time soon...

<font color="0000ff">Maybe we can post the pics up on our Singapore Premmies Group FB account!!! I start first, u all add what pics u have in that album ok???
happy.gif
</font>

Back