Premature babies support group

gingal,
morning......thk mbe learn fm the hospital where you hv to cry the loudest to get attention ahah joking lah...yup, as wat precious_one said, some r not premature but yet vy stubborn, but my prem son is tons worse than my elder one..mbe its just an isolated case....

mummylian,
wow, beijing and shanghai ar...u went on tour or free and easy?

<font color="119911">Grace</font>,
welcome to the thread. mine born at 31 wk 3d. CA is gg to 7mth (non-correct age is gg to 9mth soon). my boy still like bu tao ong and also can't crawl. for food wise, he ok but cannot too watery if not, he dun like. he prefer more solid than food now.

hmm...just give him sometimes to adapt to the food loh. like what Ginger mentioned, when intro new food, re-introduce again.

<font color="119911">costa del sol </font>,
hmm...dunno leh, hai....by the way, how old is yr son?

haa...mine also, fiery hot....will scream and even 'scolded' his jiejie in his baby language when his jiejie dun give him the toys or block his way. really bu tan han him. I can't imagine if he know how to walk....errr.... same same, my premature son is worst than my elder one(how old is yr elder??).

<font color="119911">precious_one</font>,
eerr..maybe bec it 's mummy ourselve who dun control our temper or bb inhale our gene so become like that.err...

<font color="119911">mummylian</font>,
wow...envy vacation? me long time never go vacation liao since 2005.

thks for sharing the insurance issue. the agent asked us to come bck when my bb turn 1 and try to apply again.

<font color="aa00aa">ginger</font>,
think different bb got different pace of growing of their motor skills etc...think J motor skills still not bad....ppls said boy slower... oh, thsks for sharing the info on the physiotherapy. will try it on HX. but hor, when HX is on his tummy time, I tried to make him crawl by placing the toys in front of him. but he just won't want to make any effort and only scream bec he can't get the toys. then he just lay flat with his head on the bed or floor. ai-yo....do J like tummy time?

haa..think HX is reveresed cos he grew teeth first before sit and crawl. by the way, any reason why J need to follow up with therapist?

HX is shaved botak last 2 wk. his hair grew super fast now. even the next day, can see some spike on his head. aiyo....

re:food.
dun give durian at such young age to bb. old folk say not gd for their system.broccoli and strawberry+ peanut and cabbage are allegery food. so better to introduce them after bb turn 1 except for peanut. for egg wise, also do it after 1.

afcai,
my prem 24 wker son is slightly older than tis thread as i started this thread when i was so helpless three yrs back...my son is 3 odd now....the elder one is 9 years old....the elder one is norti but not as unreasonable as the first one

my son will also "scold" pple if he cant get his way.......i also dunoe hw to tell him its wrong to do that..sigh.....

my son and mummylian's ger were room mates at nicu last time
happy.gif

yup u are right..just give them vaccinations fm the day they were born.....
happy.gif
thats wat the doctors told me last time

<font color="119911">costa del sol</font>,
hmm..that's mean yr elder son shd be same age as my elder gar (now 34mth, gg to 3 in 2 mth time cos dec kid).

dunno why nowsday bb are so active, so .......errr...different fr last time, anyway, our greatest hope is they are healthy and obedient can liao.

so u giving any pneumococcal vaccinations to yr elder? I'm gg to give to my elder. for the younger one, wait till older than give cos dun want him to jab so many jab.

afcai,
yr elder ger is same age as my younger son..my elder son is 9 years old..younger one is three yrs old...

my prem was supposed to be born in oct, but born in june 2006.....

i gave pneumococcal to my prem son..my elder one i cant remember if i did..got bad memory
sad.gif

i will try give watever vaccinations to my prem son if they are necessary as i m very worried abt his immunity....

Gingal,
Thanks for your assurance...If I'm not wrong, you were from the Mar09 MTB thread?
Wow... will start trying the therapy on him...
As for food....sigh...will have to keep re-introducing. =( But you may be right...he may like the more solid type &amp; not watery ones...heee~~~

Afcai, thanks for ur assurance also =)

Wowowowwow, so many posts to catch up, but just glanced thru, cause tired fr psle marking...like factory worker, mark and mark and mark.

Mummylian, long time never see your post. hope ur 2nd boy does well in his psle. relax now, he can enjoy!
happy.gif
wow, vacation, whole family??? envy leh.

Grace, welcome! my girl in 34 plus weekers. no worries one lar, each baby has its own time for developing. Dun compare, cause if compare here n there, very stress one. I already stop comparing my gal with other babies. tell u, dun go to the MTB thread too often, very stress one, haha. cause I am fr feb thread, always went in there, and saw how other mummies said their babies can do this and that, I got very stressed up. Then I decided to stop going into that thread, so that I wun stress myself and my baby.

david, danya is very cute! hope she gains weight fast fast! is she drinking neosure? that helps weight gain super fast.

Jas, dun stress urself. You have tried your best.I gave up breastfeeding long long time when my gal was 3 weeks old. Yes I did feel guilty initially, but come to think of it, why shd we? We as parents try to provide all the best in this world for our children, but how much we can do, there is a limit. We are not god, we are just plain humans. We must not really push ourselves, else like some of my kids' mummies, they go haywire you know, and they are mentally unsound. it really doesn't mean that breastfeeding babies are healthier or stronger lar. Most of us were formula fed i think, we just grow up like that same as other breastfeeding babies. My hubby was a breastfeeding baby, but he is weaker than me lor, I mean in terms of immune system, he got cough and flu much more often. But me got other problems, here pain there pain, which I seriously dun think its due to whether I was breastfed before. Btw, why dun u hire a maid to help out your in laws? A maid can cook or help to clean house,n take off some load.

Sam, wow busy mummy! your triplets are growing well!!

afcai, yah, used to take dash to eu yan sang, but after he stopped getting sick for a while, I stopped. now got to bring him again...weak boy.

gingal, i agree with afcai, dun give durian to ur gal leh, too heaty, and we must be careful when we introduce new food, cause may cause allergy.

Seriously speaking, to all mummies and daddy here, to myself too, we must really not push ourselves too much when it comes to providing the best for our children. Sometimes, there is a limit and a reason for things. We can't blame ourselves too much or force ourselves. We must really learn to let go at times.

There are a number of mummies in my school who are mentally unsound, and their children (my students) suffer a lot, and I do feel sad for them. so in the end, what for right?

Sometimes, I also think I am going crazy, especially blowing up my temper for no reason...I must really stop this. I must not push myself too much or my children...

May all of us parents stay healthy and strong forever for the sake of our children and ourselves! yeah!

kkf
thanks for ur assurance too... Yup I've stopped going to the MTB thread liao bcos u're rite... The babies there are developing so quickly... Then I become demoralize and stress!

Btw What's neosure?

<font color="0077aa">afcai,</font>

J also very lazy and will lie flat when trying to get toys when I did the same on tummy time to encourage her crawling! Same Same...very lazy leh they all!!!
BTW, my younger bro is one of the very few that actually skipped crawling in his development stages, he only use backside to move in sitting position with hands supporting...very funny de...we used to joke that he is helping to clean the floors, his bottoms always dirty...
happy.gif

So Good, HX teeth come out liao, J's teeth refused to burge! and her teething symptoms getting very jialat...she bites everything and keeps drooling...
If J is not girl girl, I will shave her again too...her hair though grew long liao, but still not very thick, and very brownish...I like thick black hair...
sad.gif

<font color="0000ff">Re: Food</font>

Durians - we only let her taste abit, not really eat as puree or wat...me and hubby are 100% durians lovers and are quite worried she won't like durians...my hubby's niece and nephew hates durians and always shun away when we are having durians...so we really want our girl to enjoy what we do...so let her taste taste loh, dun wan next time she reject the taste...
U know kids hor, if they got older, even if they have no issues with teh taste or wat, they might "copycat" the older kids and won't like durians...my hubby's niece and nephew are very fussy eaters, even veges, they dun take any single type, so I'm quite worry abt the influences, so I tell myself, I must let her taste whatever stufffs as much as I can..so she will be used to the colour and taste loh...
Brocolli I gave her leh, I thought it's a good vege? like good for iron etc? din know will cause allergy...cos itw as recommended to give by the dietitian also...
din know strawberries will cause allergy too..Hmmmm
I was also told I can give eggs too, but only Egg Yolk...The dietitian's advice is that since me and my hubby has no allergy reaction to all food...thus very rare cases J will be allergy to food (But she is allergy to Similac FM, dunno why?), and since I am breastfeeding her, and watever diet I am having now and there is no allergy reaction on her, she should be fine taking them...Thus I introduce quite a lot of new foods on her loh...

<font color="0000ff">Re: pneumococcal jabs</font>

Can use medisave but my Medisave "Kosong"...
sad.gif

i also use the actual date of birth to give vaccinations, but I am slightly late by a month though, cos sometimes my hubby schedule always make us postpone the doctor's appt for jabs...
sad.gif

<font color="0077aa">costa/afcai,</font>

They are tyrant Maybe cos we let them bully us? My girl will bully me loh when I am carrying her, she will kick me push me away and turn 360 degrees here and there and flip over and over, cos she knows I have no strength to struggle with her...Now her new stunt is always rolling and wanna get herself down to walk or stand when I'm carry her...very afriad one day I will slip her and she fall...
but if it is my hubby carrying her, she will guai guai sit... if she tries to move, my hubby won't let her...at most she screams a few times then she will stop...

<font color="0077aa">Grace,</font>

Yes, I am gingal from Mar MTB, afcai also right? We are the No. 1 and No.2 on the Chart of the Mar MTB Spreadsheet...keke
Now seldom go in there liao, unless need some advice as where to buy things etc or see what is new or cheapest toys/lessons/stuffs as they very informative...Thread going too fast there and always lost track there liao...
But some of us do keep in touch via FB ... Actually we do have FB Group created for Premature Group also...Join us there too..."Singapore Premmies Group"

Neosure - is Formula Milk from Similac that is good for low birth weight / premature babies for their 1st year...the formula has added calories etc...
I tried gave J when she was smaller, but she can't digest it very well, so I gave up giving....

<font color="0077aa">kkf,</font>

Very soon school holidays liao, u can take a break ler...
happy.gif

What do u mean Mummies that are mentally unsound? Really is Mental problem or they are those very "gan jiong" and weird behaviour mummies?

precious_one, costa..ahaha.. the most stubborn 2 grandparents of my parents are the 2 premmies ahhahaha noti and stubborn! :p

kkf...ahhaha..next time when u r free u must tell us those horror stories abt ur students' mommies.. :p i agree canot stretch ourselves too much..else go crazy..dont forget alot of us are juggling more balls and more stressful then one generation ago cos we are also working fulltime...

Gingal,
fully agree wif you.....my son bullies me too.....

bloom,
recently there was a piece of news of this mum who was overprotective of her daughter...then her daughter was taken into foster care..cant really remember whether the girl went back home already or not....

just read the story of this premature baby who arrived on an air asia flight....wowow..the baby was born at 27wks and now will enjoy a life time of free flights ahaha...the mum shld hv taken other airlines ahhaha..instead of budget...

lucky there was a doctor on board..just like oways i watched on tv..whenever they asked for a doctor on board, sure hv one hahah LOL

http://www.nst.com.my/Current_News/NST/articles/20091022180142/Article

Gingal,
Din know that there was such a fm around. Will check that out because Ryan's weight gain is very slow. He is still on 3 bottles of BM each day. The other 2 feeds are Similac.

Are prematured babies generally lazy? Although Ryan is able to flip back &amp; forth, if given a chance he'll prefer to be on his back!

Ok will go FB to join in the ..."Singapore Premmies Group". Btw, mummies can add me at [email protected] on FB.

oh....4mth premature....must be very small at that time. so how is he now? esp the appetite?

yup, even I gave bm to my prem but he still catch a slight running nose fr his jiejie. but then recover the next day. that night, he really got a block nose till he can't slp and wrigger, toss etc...so guess their immune system compare to FT bb shd be lower.

wow, shiok wor..lifetime free flights .

I'm also fr mar 09 mah....now then, I remember u loh..my boy also dun like watery stuff. same food if watery, he will refuse to eat.

hmm true, HX also given a chance, he will lay flat. hmm yr boy not on soild food?

<font color="aa00aa">kkf</font>,
u are right. me also stress, go jan 09 thread see other bb can do this and that also stress.think, got to continue to bring him there. health is more impt than $$ right. at least, $$ still can earn bck. I know that it is not cheap but no choice. hopefully, when he grew older, his immune system will be stronger.

similar stage as what my sil's FT gar is doing- using hand as supportor and backside to push.

HX also drool a lot and also whenever he grabbed hold of, he will place it in the mouth. he luv to bit the corner of his pillow and use it to sayang his own face. haa...

hmm.brownish hair nice mah...my gar also like that brown but not black. ppls said drink goat milk, kid 's hair will be black. so next time, if u got no 2, try to drink goat milk (to me, I dun like the taste).

re:food.
take my elder as example. she only started to prefer durian when she is 2.5yr old. last time, keep letting her taste but she pushed away. for veg, my gar also started to like bean spourt and veg since 30mth+ (now, she is 34mth).

brocolli is gd for calcium.beside those I mentioned,
These foods cause the most food allergies:

peanuts and other nuts
seafood, such as shrimp
milk, particularly cow's milk (some bb only)
eggs
soy
wheat

even a bf mummy also need to avoid those food. so their bm will passed down to the kids.the advice is to start with rice and oat cereals and introduce wheat cereals later.

re:egg
Eggs, especially the proteins in egg whites are also a common cause of food allergies. To help prevent allergies to eggs, it is a good idea to avoid giving egg whites to infants under a year old.
see this http://www.keepkidshealthy.com/welcome/commonproblems/food_allergies.html

re:fm
for HX,other than friso when SCN gave him in hosptial, he only tried Nan only. so stimiac fm not sure. so what fm is J taking?

re: pneumococcal jabs
use CDA loh....had called polyclinic liao and they said their jab stock only arrive in dec. so I was asked to call bck in dec.

HX jab appt also late by a mth bec he took BCG and Hep B late.but his next jab will be MMR next May 2010 (when he is 15mth via actual birth date). nurse mentioned that b4 mmr is taken, give him egg to test if he is allegery, if yes then got to delay mmr jab. also, within 1 mth b4 MMR jab is taken, cannot take another jab.

re:J
hmm..why J bully mummy but not daddy....hmm...HX only like to give me those pitiful and yang ow face. he dun dp that to others.

haa..u self introduce our 'status' on the chart sheet. I did not notice my status loh. thks for highlighting.haa..me also seldom go in there, the thread move so fast.

haa ask me, I'm a supermarket survey always do my homework cos budget mummy mah...huggies now got offer at Sheng Siong @$14.80. ask me, what u want to know? offer on??

afcai,
yup, he was 750gm at birth...hes okay now..appetite gd for the wrong thgs like chocolats and sweets
sad.gif
As for proper food, he wun take in sufficient quantities...

hmm..yah, he is still small for his age...

hes now in childcare..apprehensive abt putting him there for full day as he doesnt take meals well....

hmm...weight quite small wor...must be heart pain when we mummies see many many tubes on bb right...

haa..tot that 's what kids are gd at. even my FT gar also like those junk food. thks to my caregiver loh.

oic...but by placing him in ccc, will he get sick easily? my gar did. so I already withdraw.

Hi Mummy KKF,

Danya is on Neosure overdose as instructed by dietitian but due to her open intestine condition, the milk couldn't stay long enough in the intestine to be absorbed.

David, eat do you mean by overdo

Afcai, thought ur Nick sounds familiar.... Ryan has started on solids eg pumpkin, sweet potatoes, rusks biscuits &amp; porridge. But sometimes like it's a torture when it comes to eating.., hee...

Hi Grace,

My princess tummy is so small, want to load more also cannot. We just concentrate the Neosure for her feed so at least Danya's intestine can try to absorb the milk when the milk past through from her stomach to her intestine.

She has a open intestine which technical term is known as STOMA thus her milk after digestion will come out directly from the STOMA opening which is outside her tummy.

<font color="0077aa">Bloom,</font>

yah I also want to hear KKF's stories abt what the Psycho Mummies do...so next time I won't be that Psycho...:p

<font color="0077aa">costa,</font>

I read the news:

The Mummy who were over-protective cos the previous child she abused him (abusive case whereby the 1st child has to be sent to Guardian to take care if I rembr correctly)...so the next child she over-protect..both also scary loh..think that Mummy abit psycho...

yah, me also thinking the same line, shld have taken more expensive flight instead go budget...Free Flights for life (not inclusive of meals on board) hahaha....
Next time me preggie will not take Budget...we have high chance of delivering in flight leh, cos high chance premature birth...hahahaha (Joke)...better to stay put, and not fly for our case actually...BEDREST BEDREST BEDREST...

<font color="0077aa">Grace,</font>

Added u...
happy.gif

<font color="0077aa">afcai</font>

J taking NAN Pro 2...just changed from NAN HA 1 when she turned CA 6 mth...
Tried Similac Neosure, but she cannot digest....Similac 2, and she developed rashes...

Yes, she bully Mummy and Grandmas....She dun bully men...
sad.gif

wow, sheng Siong Huggies 14.80...quite cheap...Me just bought 2 boxes of 2packs in a box pampers Active Baby @ $27.80 at Giant...very good buy, considering one pack already is selling abt $26 each...dunno promo still on anot...

David, how old is ur gal? Wow din know got such things... *hugs* to her...

Gingal, I've added you too. What's baby j's actual age). What do u mean when u say she digest.... Any sigh ?

Hey all,

Thanks for your concern. I am feeling and coping much better now.

I convince myself i can pull thru this, so I decided to take one day at a time. My MIL's long term pass case is on hold for the time being. I submitted an appeal which will take 1 mth to process and also went to the MP's meet the ppl session to seek help. Besides, I got one mth extension for her after several trips to ICA
happy.gif
Next thing, I need to settle my FIL's case. His is not so urgent since he just arrived early Oct, I still have some time...

I hired a PT cleaner for them, purely for housekeeping service. They do not want any babysitter as they think they could handle....Anyway, I already told them I am willing to hire one if they dont mind...well, will see along the way.

As for milk, well, i try to pump 3 times a day and hopefully can maintain at above 200ml for sometime, shall not give up until the last drop~~~

Yes, I know what you guys mean when you said we had tried our best in providing the best.. KKF, dun worry, i am not physco..AHAHA...It's just that since their birth, providing BM is the only thing that made me feel better abt the whole situation, I felt like at least I am contributing something...Well, guess I shouldnt push myself too hard, afterall, Xavier was on TBF for 9 months noww...
Now, talking about that, I really have no idea what FM is available on market...hmmm...mountain turtle here....ANy good recommendations?

hey...thanks for all your kind words and encouragement. As David said, I will fight hard, fight brave and live...(cant remember the rest :p) for my warrior Xavier!

Time will fly..and soon our whole family will be together again
happy.gif

Hi Grace,

My princess Danya was borned at GA of 26wks in end Feb. She has a emergency ops at day 11 of birth and was discovered with a intestine mal-rotation thus a STOMA was create to keep her healthy. Danya CA is 4.75 mths. My little warrior is so blessed with all the encouragement &amp; blessing from all the MAMA cheerleaders in the thread.

Hey Jas,

Our fierce and furious mummy is back. Don't forget our deal. We must arrange to meet up once our warrior are stronger and older. Your hubby will be home sooner than your think. Skype him everyday leh until her get tired leh. Ha Ha. Normally for preemies, DOC will recommend NEOSURE. 1 tin is S$19.90. My darling princess finish 1 tin in 4 day. Daddy must really work very hard for her milk powder. Ha Ha.

Hello all mummies and daddy.

regarding stories of mummies of my students, well, I just happened to have one or two students in my class (p6) Whose mummies are a bit not normal...as told by the form and subject teachers, and that affect their studies, so they are in my pull out class (for weaker students). What I want to point out is, we just try our best to be good parents, but never can us be the best in this world, so sometimes, somethings that we cannot help it or do, we have to let go. Like keep blaming ourselves for giving birth to our children prematurely, or keep blaming ourselves for not having sufficient breastmilk etc....

Of course, not talking about u jas, I am one who keeps blaming myself for not being a good mum, so I must keep reminding myself, I must stop pressurising myself, and to ease my own burden.

You are a great mummy, as you provides 9 months of breastmilk to ur boy, so good! the longest I ever did was just 3 months lor.

David,hope danya can absorb all the nutrients well, and grow up fast. I think when my boy was in nicu, his neighbour had similar case like danya.

grace,neosure is for premature babies, by abbott. The doctors usually recommend this to premature babies.

costa, i heard about the news, and was telling hubby, she shd give birth on sia. haha.

afcai, u withdraw ur gal from cc? actually u shd let her stay on and get over the stage. cause they must get used to it, and then will gain immunity. esle, if you keep her away, and put her back, the cycle may be back again.

yes yes, bedrest bedrest bedrest for mummies who want to give birth again here. I always envy those women who can still travel here and there without fearing during pregnancy. Sometimes, I want to scold them for not taking care of their own pregnancies.

last week was not a good week, cause all of us were down, dash, violet, me and hubby. we were all sick. damm. now still not recover fully. i am still feeling not too well...dash was the one who got sick first, then passed to me, then i passed to violet, and everyone passed to my hubby. haha

oic. think we have to be very patient with bb....they really train our patience.

<font color="119911">David</font>,
Dear daddy David,
wow, yr princess finish a tin of NEOSURE in 4 days. hmmm gd appetite wor....she not taking any ebm or bm??
ex wor....but till now, I have not seen NEOSURE in my area NTUC wor... keep it up.

<font color="aa00aa">Kkf</font>,
I also wanted my gar to continue at ccc if possible cos they can make her social and she can learn something. but my mum say she can cope and dun want to let her falling sick. her decision for her to withdraw fr ccc is bec one day, she has fever and which lead to fit (conclude by kkh doc). she just stoned her for 10mins without any response and then her lid turn pale and face white. so scary....so we took her to A&amp;E KKH loh and doc said might be fit. moreover, my ah gar said she dun like the ccc. but that ccc is very conventient for my caregiver and provide sheltered all the way. so next yr, she will be gg to PCF which is opp my hse. but timing is not ideal.boo....

re:pregnancy
same here...I also envy....esp those preggie woman who can still run here and there. so when my fren is preggie, I always give advice to them, dun get too overexert themselves etc...cos I scare of prematurity.....

yup, saw yr blog, u yrself got to take extremely gd care loh....drink more water and eat more "pu'. wish both of yr kids get well soon.

<font color="0077aa">David,</font>

Wow 4 days one tin of Neosure is alot!!! With Danya's appetite she is gonna catch on with weight fast after her Op..Can't wait to see the little "D" Princess chubby chubby!!!

<font color="0077aa">kkf,</font>

Get well soon... whole family get sick no joke leh...all very tired &amp; cranky hor? Esp. baby Violet?

<font color="0077aa">kkf,afcai,</font>

i also used to see my friends all preggie take things easily...I so scared and will advise them to be real careful...BUT...Haizzzz they still take it lightly...
Guess we too paranoid la, so recently I tone down liao, dun KPO so much...many preggie frens I have loh, also tired to remind them...

<font color="ff0000">All Mummies and daddy</font>

Found Huggies Ultra selling @$14.30 in a mini supermarket at Ponggol Blk 639! Good Buy! Just bought back! It's their normal price item...alot ppl also are buying their Drypers and Mamy Poko...on promo price, but I forget how much liao...

gingal..re taht mommy..funi hor..psycho already still want to have more kids :p

jas, some pp say nan (HA?) is most similar to bm, some say its similac..maybe ur pd can advise... once ur bm ss is getting low..can start mixing so that bb can get used to the fm..else if switch 100% suddenly bb might reject...

afcai, its good to change since tx does not like the cc.. (beside the fit episode)...

kkf... sighhh... being parents is tough, being kids of psycho parent is tough too!

wow...Ponggol so far. arrrr.....anyway, beginning of the yr, I saw sheng siong selling huggies(blue pack and red pack) for $13.

hmm..since J is drinking Nan. there will be a bb fair at the expo next mar 2010 so u can top up the fm loh. very worth buying fr there. that's what my sil mentioned. bec of the distance and inconvient with kids, I never been to bb fair in expo.

<font color="aa00aa">bloom</font>,
I like nan cos similar to bm. last time (tx time), while waiting for my bm to arrive, I tried the nan 1 when tx can't finish it. quite bland.

yup, tx is so happy when she is withdraw fr ccc. anyway, we had enrolled her in some enrichment classes but still in the waiting list bec there is not enu student to start the class.

afcai,
yup...heartpain to see him wif tubes all over at nicu/scn...

my son does fall sick after gg to cc but then again..even if din go also fall sick ahah....so i also dunoe but i guess you are right.....gg to cc will raise tendency of falling sick due to being in close proximity wif many kids...

thk better let yr kid be bigger than go..if not liao lui like me...pay money and din go due to being sick..

kkf,
guess being a teacher is tough esp when got so many weird parents around
sad.gif
hws everythg wif you?

fully agree wif you..shld give birth on SIA or at least other international airlines haha....those who gv birth in taxi too bad got no unlimited rides in the taxi..thk that wld b more useful (at least for me) ahahhaha LOL...kiddin'

Hi KKF &amp; Gingal Mum,

Yup, my princess will catch up fast after her ops. Look out from her Michelin Pic soon. Ha Ha.

Hi Afcai Mum,

I have insisted that my queen stop expressing BM. I can see that her health is not so good due to insufficient rest. I wanted my queen to be healthy so she is able to give unlimited TLC to my princess. We still have some EBM store up so we will give to Danya after her ops to speed up her recovery.

Gingal,

Ya.. they now eat almost half a bowl .. you know the pigeon bowl the transparent one (the bigger side) ..i switch food.. avocado, sweet potatoes, carrots etc.... im gonna stop apple caue heard no good fo babies.. pears are good..My no.2 n 3 Josiah n jeriel.. they can swallow n mouth like chewing ike that ..only eldest mattias cannot do it somtimes will spit.. after that they still will finish the milk also..

David..no worries de la... Danya sure will be a strong girl girl.. yaya.. cannot be like michelin la wait obese how...i dun think you wanna send her to "TAF" club at school lor..keke :p

afcai,

chey my hubby does it once only he tired liao.. lousy de.. end up im the one doing liao.. oh he does it when he got the feel to do it..haha

hi all

im new here... this is my first pregnancy and im at my 32 weeks + 5 days now.

my cervix started to open a finger size at week 27, and last week, gynae say im 0.5cm dilated. my gynae decided to give me the steriod injection this week as he is not confident that i can hold on for too long.

has anyone have this injections? any side effects of this injection?

thank u in advance...

Hi Pau Le Mum,

Steroid jab is to mature our little warrior lungs in 48 hours if she/he is too eager to see the world. There is no clear research to quantify the side effect of steroid in this case.

My queen has this injection before we can only prolong our pregnancy for 5 days.

Hi Pau Le,

I had 3 doses of steroids jabs 2 weeks before my girl is borned...No side effects for me...
happy.gif
Or maybe hard to lose weight is one of the side effects? Hahahaha :p

Dunno why my Gynae gave me 3 doses (2 full dose and another half dose before I requested to be discharge from hospital's bedrest and wanted bedrest at Home, normally only 2 doses bah)

But, the jabs really helped, my girl can breathe on her own within 6 days despite being a 29 weeker...

Anyway, stay happy, dun worry, and I'm sure u and baby will be fine...
happy.gif

Hi Pau Le,

32 weeks 5 days are very good! You have done a wonderful job.

Steroids jabs are essential to mature our babies' lungs. I got 2 doses more than 1 week b4 I delivered, no side effects...

Dont worry so much, if your baby wants to see the world early, 32 weeks are not too bad! A lot of us here delivered 20 over weeks, and yet our babies came home with us in good health
happy.gif

Daddy David

You are early, posted at 7am plus! Time to feed Danya?
Yes, we have to meet, our warriors will be good friends, hehe..Actually, it is not my husband will be home soon, it is us who are going back to SHanghai, hopefully soon
happy.gif

I hope Danya's op will go smooothly, will pray for her!!! All the best!!

Kkf,
I relax a bit now..and to think about it,after i stop production, i will be so much more relaxed and can afford more rest. Pumping is very taxing, esp at office when i got to rush for lunch. Well, yes I did my best, and i shall stop blaming myself
happy.gif

Btw, what is ur blog huh? I used to save it, then pc reformat, lost liao...

Bloom
ya, will check with PD! I still have about one freezer worth of BM, so can still go on for about 1 mth, will start mixing later
happy.gif
But I think Xavier is very open to new taste, he eats everything we gave him, incl. vit D, multiv, iron drops, antiobiotics, weird medicine...and he never had any objections :p

Mummies,

When you give solid food to ur babies, do you grind until very very small, like liquid? or still have small particles?

Xavier is going back for vaccinations again tmr, very scared, hope last time situation wont recur again.....Pray pray hard...

Btw, my blog is http://jasmineliew.spaces.live.com/ I was sourcing for another blog website becos i dun like this current one, yet realised that almost all nice blog websites are blocked by China, will be useless when i go back...So, back to square..the blogs are mostly in Chinese since i started it few years back in CHina, though sometime i do blog in English :p
After i married my husband, I become very CINA...hehehe...

<font color="119911">costa del sol</font>,
same like my elder one, also pay $$ to ccc but keep on falling sick.

haa...u so comical wor....I told hubby abt this labour incident. he said that not all flights might give foc unlimited rides loh.

<font color="aa00aa">David</font>,
Hi David Daddy,
yup, I understand, taking care of a bb PLUS bf is no joke. most of my energy are abosrbed by kid loh. my health also not gd, keep on having headach and breathless cos not enu rest. hope I can 'tong' till 3mth+ when I graduated fr moo moo task. oic...gd to have some reserve ebm.

wow, waiting for yr Michelin Pic soon.

dunno if my prince got absorb the steriod jab or not....cos within 2hr, he arrived after the jab. like my cousin, she got the jab and can prolong for 2 wk. so gd....but need to bed rest then.

<font color="119911">sam</font>,
why apple no gd?? heard that pears is no towards cold - 'liang' kind of fruits.oic....at least once better than none right....

<font color="119911">pau le</font>,
welcome to the thread. yes, I did have the steriod but think the jab might not be absorbed or shd I say fast enu to react (applied to those jab that prevent bb from coming out and contraction etc...) b4 the bb arrive at wk 31 3 d. dun think it has any side effect.

do try to bed rest or dun walk too much.

yup, tot it is normally too doses of steriod jab only. one dose can only be given after 12hrs.

<font color="aa00aa">Jas</font>,
yup, for me, I also use my lunch time to pump. but will only have a quick 10-15mins lunch and the rest are pumping time. but my co at least more flexible.... I also moo b4 knocking off cos go hm no time to pump one....

I have pm yr blog ( at least, u have opened fr pm). dun mind me adding yr blog into mine. I just saw the first page of yr blog, wow, looking at how cheerful and the smile of Xavier really melt one heart. Jas, keep it up. Xavier is chubby.....

hmm...is it easier to type in chinese? do u need an additional software to do it? normally, for me, I will go to English-chinese dictionary website, key in the English words and then it will auto translated into chinese. fr there, I copied and paste loh. if not, I use han yu pei yin.

hmm...are u a PR here or local?

re:food
we mash until very mashy. porridge cook very 'naur' but not watery cos HX dun like watery stuff. we also gave si shen brown rice powder to HX during lunch.

re:taste.
bb have not developed any taste yet. so can prolong those sweet/sour etc taste better. give all plain one.

re:bm
wow, gd, still got 1mth supply.
why not call up different fm co to get sample for bb Xavier to try? abbott (get similac), nestle(get nan), meadjohn (enfagrow) etc.

Afcai,

Got it Thanks!! Of course you can add my blog, most welcome!!! Ya, Xavier is a cheerful baby, he always smiles, esp when he wakes up in the morning... Night time b4 sleep is his monster time, he will turn to a non-stop crying baby...Everynight, I look forward to morning :p

U pump twice in office? How you sterilize? I pump once only, seems like my office not very pro-breastfeeding. My vice CEO actually asked me the other day:" oh is breastfeeding good? I thought formula is better" GOSH, i nearly fainted.

Typing in Chinese is hard in the beginning, really train ur hanyupinyin, but like anything else, once you practice more, it's easy
happy.gif
At first it was really hard for me, but since i got to reply some working emails in Chinese, i got no choice but to learn loh. My sw is together with the Operating system i think, it is microsoft 拼音输入法 2003. It's very useful as it gives 联想,so words will flow out very fast..hehe...u should try!

I am a Malaysian, PR here.

Okay, we always mash until very very mashy, even use those "net" filter, yet my MIL very worried that not mashy enough...hmm...

For FM, how to get free samples?

yeah. HX also smile when he woke up in the morning but hor if u let him see his milk bottle, he will utter bb words or scream for the milk. hmm...my HX is like a pig pig. it depends on his mood. he can slp on his own, tossing in his playpen until the whole of his playpen like world war - pillow and toy stuff every where and there's he doze off. sometimes, he wanted ppls to rock him and sing him to slp. haa...in the morning, bec Xavier's smile will melt one heart.

re:pump
during my sec pump at 0430pm or 0445pm, I just go pantry there to pour boil water (got the water heater but not water cooler) over the pump. storage/glass bottles are already sterlise last night so I also just pour the boil water over loh. yr CEO married?? think she dun enjoy bf blar....then u say it is for the benefits of my premiee loh. do she know u have a premiee?

wow, u gd at chinese wor...me 'gd' in speech but not writing. oh, thks for the infor on chinese software. oic...that 's u fr the same town as yr hubby. hmm...that's mean yr medical bills must be high since it based on PR rate.

ok loh..did u give tofu or cereal to Xavier?

re:sample
Have replied yr email with those fm and diaper contact. I miss out the contact for pet pet diaper. u can email to them at [email protected]

Afcai,

Thanks a lot for your email, gosh, u are very resourceful, save me a great deal of time, really thanks a lot!!!!!!

Hx so funny!! haha..Xavier wont scream for milk, but he will be very angry if u take away the bottle halfway while he is enjoying...hehe..

My CEO is a guy, not married. He said those comments based on his sister's experience, becos his sister didnt Bf for too long.. He knew I have a preemie, quite understanding on giving me long leave, but jus cannot tahan his indifference towards BF :p

Me and my hubby nt same town lah, he from Shanghai leh. I m from malaysia, we are cross-cultural marriage :p
My medical bill is very high, luckily i appealed successfuly to increase my subsidy, if not die liao. Even so, till high, it was 52k in total
sad.gif

I gave brown cereal to Xavier, now he also tried pumpkin, pear, apple. Last time we tried brocolli, but seems a bit too hard to mash...

jas,

you can follow the heinz guide.. so far i mash till fine fine cause they got no teeth..haha..

afcai,

Apples are acidic.. so wil cause reflux as my trio already got reflux.. pears are alkaline so will help.. heehee..thats ang moh theory .. its the green pear not the yellow kinds that are "Liang"- chinese theory..keke..

Gingal,

I heard cannot give eggs to them issit? I also heard egg yolks are ok la..

hi david, babelicious, jas n afcai,
thanks for your infos!

and yes, after reading this forum, i am so surprised with the little warriors so strong that were born before weeks 30!

im actually living in france, moved here after i got married 2 years ago, did an IVF due to both tubes blocked... and i cant really understand my gynae really well, so need ur help very much...

have a few more questions :p
- am i right to say that the steriod injections are in a way a precaution that baby is born too early? after the injections, baby can still continue to grow by herself?
- after the steriod injections, am i still able to wait for nature to happen, as in wait for baby to come naturally or i am obliged to go for c-sect?
- and since baby is here early, our body would be ready to produce breast milk?
- and if baby is in ICU, how do we give breastmilk?

my gynae and nurse also keep advising me to stay in bed.. but so difficult, my parents are not here with me at the moment, my hubby have to work a lot, my PILs are too old to help... so still have to do some minimum of cooking and it so exciting to welcome the little one... so much to things that I want to prepare for her...

cheers
pau le

Paule,

You are welcome!

Regarding your questions:
- yes, a precaution...to get the baby's lungs ready for the outside world. It has nothing to do with her growth, she can still grow
happy.gif

- not obliged to go for C-section, u can wait till your doctor thinks that you cant wait further more..which can be either thru natural or c-section
- yes! my babies were born at 25 weeks, my milk started coming the 2nd day, abundantly
happy.gif

- you express your breastmilk through breast pump, store it in fridge/freezer, bring it to the hospital. (Once you deliver, the nurses will prep you with all the necessary info of storing and delivering breastmilk, and hospital will provide u the pump while u are still hospitalized, so it is crucial to buy a pump for yourself ASAP after you go home)

Take care, do let us know if you have any difficulties, we are most willing to help!

Pau Le,
welcome to our board!!!

jas has answered every question perfectly...steriods are to strengthen baby's lungs as the lungs are the last organ to mature for a baby....and this will help baby's lungs..so dun be afraid when u hear the word "steroid jab"....

dun be afraid that you got no bm..i had my baby at 24wks....din even pump for a few days as i was on antibiotics and the nurses/doctors were worried the bm cant be consumed...when i started pumping, just a few drops but if you do it religiously every three hrly...the milk will be kick started....

store the milk in the containers they give you and the nurses will advise you on the hows and wat to dos...

yup, we are most willing to help...

no problem. since I have kids, I kind of become marketing survey, looking for bb stuff promotion esp diapers and wipes. do let me know if u need to check out anything....gd lobang must share....

yup, HX is a 'werid' kid, yang ow, like to display all sorts of funny face. bu tan han him....

oic...guy hai....how to understand esp not married.yup, I know when u highlighted....tot intially both of u are in same town mah.

re:checkup
HX still need to go neo-natal check every 4mth for his blood count what's abt Xavier? thks god, got subsidy if not.....

wow, yr milk came in(2nd days) so fast...what did u do man??:p

re:food
for brocolli, better to avoid until 1 yr old cos it is classifed as allegery food. see my previous posting for ginger.

<font color="aa00aa">sam</font>,
haa I tot all pear are 'liang'. thks for infor. saw yr 3 princes on fb, they are so cute. but dunno who is who loh.

yup, egg whites cannot give now but b4 mmr jab (15mth) then can give to test if they are allegery.

<font color="119911">pau le</font>,
err..yes, steriod injections suppose to prolonged labour and also strengthen bb lungs. but seems does not work for me. yup, no effect on bb loh, bb still can grow.

it depends on yr situation. of cos, gg natural delivery will be better unless one have complication then bo bian then c-sect.

hmm for my case, bm only started after 3 days. one side seem to block until my massage lady clear it on 6 days.

after my delivery, hubby is the one who become milk maid (deliver ebm). bb in icu will tube fed.

yup, do bed rest if possible. ask for food delivery . anyway, u still have 4 more wk b4 bb is full term.cheers and Jia you in bf.

hi jas, costa &amp; afcai

thanks for ur reassurance!! feel more "secure" now... yah, once we mentioned to our family that I am going to have steriod jabs, everyone start to panick, hearing the word "steriod".

really hope baby can hold on for a while longer.. coz it is so cold here, less than 10 degrees, if she is so small, it wld be more difficult for her to keep warm i guess.

yes, i must be very diligent like u mummies here, so that my BM would be flowing. Think it would be great help for preemies to grow!

cheers
happy.gif

Hi afcai,

just meow you guys talking the pneumococcal vacination. My baby is just 2 years count the delivery date. Where do you bring your baby to vacinate pneumococcal? Just to check this pneumococcal can give up to what age children?

Back