Premature babies support group

kkf,
dun worry, your duty now is to eat well and rest well
happy.gif
and await the arrival of your bb
happy.gif
dash know about it already ?

haha, didi, me def eating well.

yah, even before we know the gender, already pysco dash he is having a meimei. But he doesn't seem to bother.

Had yoshinoya for lunch just now. I had the teriyaki chicken and salmon. Halfway eating, realised the chicken was not cooked properly (some parts uncooked), and I had already eaten quite a lot! got me worried! stupid yoshinoya! Dun they know like this will harm pregnant women like me? I really dunno why they just can't make sure their food is cooked properly!

sad.gif
worry now.

kkf,
maybe you monitor 1st, if no tummyache, should be ok ? know how you feel
happy.gif
when I was preggie, I am very worried this and that too
happy.gif

everyone take note of recall:
1. dutch lady strawberry flavored milk (made in china)
2. Yili Brand" Choice Dairy Fruit Bar Yogurt Flavoured Ice Confection
3. Big rabbit sweets

U can refer to AVA website for more details..

i got another sms saying even M&Ms, moo ice cream, snickers, mento's yogurt bottle, dove choc, oreo wafer sitcks, monmilk, wall's all natural mango, mini poppers ice cream, magnum ice cream, mini cornetto, and youcan ice cream.

Pls check watever dairy related stuff in your cupboards and discard for safety sake if they are makde in china!!

Hi mummies,

These few days I am going for my csection already... bbs are going to be premature because they are only 35 weeks. Scan show one is 2.06kg and the other is 2.3kg.. was hoping that i can carry them longer but apparently my cervix door open up 2cm for them already.

What are the chances for them not to be in NICU at 35 weeks? Heard many ppl say sure go in one.. very heart pain.

Purebliss
Your babies have very good weight. I believe if they do not have any health issues, can suck well, even if they have to be at NICU, they will come out real fast. Perhaps, they go SCN and not NICU.

Purebliss
My sister ger was born at 36wks too. No need to stay at NICU or SCN, BB goes home with her. But it aso depend on the bb's health and if babies can suck well.

kkf,
I m sure it is fine.. Like what didi said, as long as no tummyache shd be okiee..

xbliss,
I collected my Tivela hse keys liao.. super happy.. reno started this coming Mon.. once its done, we meet up k? then we go kkf hse to "disturb" her.. okiee, kkf?? keke..

Purebliss,
My boy borned 34weekers and 1.5kg niaa also no need to go NICU leh..
happy.gif
as long as the bb can breathe by him/herself and only need to gain weight, will only be in SCN not NICU so no worry.. and in a few days time, ur bbs may grow heavier.. mayb by the time u go for ur c sec, they r 2.5kg and above liao and can discharge togther with u.. My niece born 32weekers 2.1kg and can discharged together with my sis leh..

wow 32 weekers 2.1kg, good leh. wat your sis ate? hee

I hope to make my little one gain weight too.

purebliss, i will still say the same thing, 35 weeks are already a blessing to a lot of us. we have even went thru more heartpain than that. some of us have our babies stay for 2-3 months or more in hospital.

To me, once my baby gets over 30 weeks(with no health issues), i wun panic that much liao, cause even if needs to stay in hospital will be just to gain weight.

btw, thanks didi, and powergal, the teriyaki chicken left no effect on me (amitable).

where is tivela? good good, visit me and bring your children over to play with poor bored dash.

my secondary school teacher is going to visit me today. surprise? hee. I have been keeping in touch with my secondary school chinese teacher since i left secondary (thru letters). I will visit her, and she will visit me. This is a rare bonding i will forever treasure. she is really a nice teacher. she is a grandma now with grandson about same age as dash.
happy.gif

But we dun talk much one, only thru letters than we talk a lot, thats me, i am not good with verbal words, but written, still can. haha

mummies, i am getting a bit stressed nowadays. I got to know more and more friends and colleague who have edd around same as me. I am getting more n more stressed. I know for them sure smooth pregnancies and deliveries. but for me...everything is so uncertain. sigh...

Hope I dun bored you all with my pessismistism. I can only say these here at this forum because nobody understand, my friends and colleague all have very smooth pregnancies and deliveries.

kkf,
wah, so gd you can kp in touch wif yr secondary sch chinese teacher..she must hv inspired u to be a chinese teacher as well..

For me, doubt that i want to keep in touch wif my pri/sec chinese teacher and i think the feelings are mutual too haha..none of them inspired me to become teacher.......

dun worry lah..recently i got to noe a mummy who has prem ger born at 500 plus gram..the ger now is in primary two..d mummy got another ger after two years of her birth and is full term...so dun worry..thgs wld be fine must be optimistic...

kkf,
I also ask my sis the same question what she ate to hav a 2.1kg at 32wker bb and she said durian.. But I think buay zhun leh cos I ate durian too and make no effect on my boy.. :p

Tivela is near Buangkok MRT there.. :p I discuss with xbliss to see when she is free.. Hopefully my boy won't "destroy" desh's toys.. hahahaa..

I agree with costa, my sis is another good example.. 32weeker for her 1st child, 2nd child at 39weeker.. Somemore 2nd one is induced one leh cos bb too heavy liao.. hahhaaa..

kkf

I also got a dose of demoralise just now. went to see a private gynae. she told me pre-E could reoccur and I shld just go to KK. or see her and KK at the same time so easier later. I felt demoralised coz I felt kena condemned like dat though everything is fine rite now. I think there shld be a chance that everything will be ok. even if it is not, a premmie child is not bad either.

anywayz kkf - if me, I wont wanna keep in touch with frens, colleagues same EDD. think its added stress. every pregnancy is unique after all..

I agree with costa - must be optimisic. why not - there could be miracle everythng ok ? ;) why not

BTW my EDD is 7 May. 11 days earlier than Nada birthday heheh

powergal, costa
thks for sharing those positive news. I do think me and kkf need to keep those in mind to stay focused
happy.gif

powergal,
yr sister is a good and shining example..,

daec and kkf,
must stay positive, we have a few mummies here who had full term kids after their premmies....to put it in a more positive light..yr gynae has prealerted you so that perhaps you can seek help if u need fm kkh....me, got preemie after a full term first bb..things are unpredictable, as long as we keep a good mindset wld do...

BTW,
i met a midwife at Parentlink meeting. her book written in 1986 - Wise Woman Herbal by Susan Weed suggests - nutrition as well as stress as a reason for pre-clampsia. min 60-80grms protein,salt to taste, high calcium foods, min 2400 calories, daily Raspberry/dandellion/nettle tea.

The Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA) published a study that reported that consuming sufficient calcium during pregnancy can reduce the risk of PIH and pre-eclampsia. The researches found that 1500 - 2000 mg daily of calcium supplementation can lower the risk of PIH by 70% and the risk of pre-eclampsia by over 60%.

kkf, can try taking raspberry leaf tea which is good for the uterus. can get from Vita kids at paragon. I wonder what the midwife woulda said if I had asked her abt prem labour..

daec and costa,
yup.. thats what keep me a positive mind that I m going to hav a full term bb the 2nd time I give birth.. My sis is really a shining example..
happy.gif

hi all mummies,

my baby has been transferred to step down unit yesterday after 40++ days in nicu
happy.gif
they tried to alternate the cpap but this morning from 6am till now she is cpap free.. we are so glad about it. now w/o cpap, she no need to wear hat and i can sayang her head. she seem to like it
happy.gif

yan,
congrats!! what a big milestone! initially my bryan looked weird to me without the cpap, but of cos, i appreciated that he din have it on! more handsome and cute!! now u can kangaroo her with ease!!

powergal,
wa! u really fast with the reno!! haha.. my sis in law got her keys at aspella in june, now still reno.. cos they din wanna reno during 7th month. u welcome to come if u wanna see see look look k??? just pm me. we shall have to coordinate a bit. looking forward to seeing u and craydon!! how his nose??

bryan just recovering from recent bout of running nose and cough. he always seems to kena sick when growing new tooth. in the last month, he grew 3 tooth... i think its too much for him (and the parents).. so quite cranky when he sick.

kkf and daec
u are thinking wayyy toooo much!! stop scaring urself and the little ones!!! i know how it is to be on tether everyday, but pls try to stay optimistic and eat healthy.

kkf
think dash will kena bully by craydon and bryan!! hahaha.. or maybe my bryan is enough for him already. now he can power punch people with his quick reflexes, pinch pple, use his tie (3) tou (2) (iron head!) to knock ppl and then the muscle legs to kick! must wear power suit for dash when we visit!

yan,
congrats!! bb like to be sayang and massage.. when u r there, be sure to massage her head and body gently so that u 2 can bond together..
happy.gif

xbliss,
My hubby and I can't wait to move out that explain y my reno start so soon.. hahahaa.. being kiasu we hav already confirm and sign contract before we got the keys, that y can start work straight away after reporting the defect.. think latest by mid nov can move in liao.. so ard that time we go visit kkf and "ka jiao" her Dash.. Saw his cheek and really feel like pinching them.. wahahhahaaha!!!

Anyway tok about teething, Craydon currently only hav 2 bottom teeth leh.. Very slow.. and I notice he has been having loose stool recently hence I believe the 3rd and 4th is coming soon..

So total Bryan has how many teeth liao??

AND MY CRAYDON LIKE TO USE HIS IRON HEAD TO KNOCK PPL too!!! hahahhaa.. After knocking he still got the cheek to smile leh.. Like a victory smile like that.. see liao dun know wana laugh or angry with him..

Jane
remember we talking hate taking big pills ? there is prenatal liquid vitamins at Vita kids heheh. gd ah. dun need take big pills. 2 tablespoon a day, taste oklah

Yan
wah congrats! happy for u !
happy.gif

kkf,
congrats!!!wow a pretty princess coming soon.i can pass u some cathrina cloths if my next one is not girl hehe.so happy for u.

xbliss,
dun worry lar weight is not a big issue i think.my girl also stay at 7kg for 2 months liao lol.never put on weight.

costa,
how r u?bz wif share market?

fairylander,
me ar ..?not busy everyday..only once in a while..thats all..u leh, hows everythg gg on for you?hws cathrina?

fairylander,
my son is vy thin too...bo pian, doc says hes too active and he doesnt really want to eat so he is really grossly underweight...guess as cathrina gets more active and more on her legs,she burns more energy too....

mich, there are so many pp with ur name in facebook..duno which one is u..u got my name..there are only 2 pax with that name and i am the one w/o a pic :p can u pls link me up >???

kkf..mmm.maybe tell her during ur next visit or give her a call..better be on the safe side ok? did i ever mention that some mommies said that eating durians can put on wgt? dont worry, vent all ur worries here... we all understand cos we all got frens/colleagues with perfect pregnancies too! :p

purebliss, precious_one is right...my gal born 34.5 weeks go straight to SCN. If ur bb >= 35 weeks and no issue can go home straight.. so dont worry!
happy.gif

daec, why must do concurrent? what my gyane did that time was to call her fren at kkh and i just walk in as pte patient on that day itself... less than 12 hours later, my gal was out... wahhhh.. goody, pre natal syrup! next time if i ever got no 2 i shall get this too! :p

yan, congrats on being cpap-free!
happy.gif

costa, fairylander, i think alot of our kids are like that.not putting on wgt..my gal will be 2 yo in < 2 months and she is < 10kg...

kkf,
hmm... dun get stressed
happy.gif
this is the time to be 'Queen' you can get all you want to eat and hb at your service
happy.gif
I really enjoy my pregnancy during d&amp;d's time
happy.gif
that's why I told my hb I am happy during that time, hb will 'endure' my tantrums at that time,... hee...hee...

hi gals

kkf,
congrats on having a princess...
hey gal, dun worry &amp; stress urself too much (i know easy to say hard to do)... ur princess wld guai guai stay in ur tummy till is time to greet the world... stay cool ok?? dun feel down...

purebliss,
dun worry... looking at ur babies' weight, considered good... dun think they wld need to stay in nicu..
my boy 33 weekers and 2.185kg.. only stay in scn for 1 night..and discharged same day as me...

bloom,
u have facebook ahh... nvr add me?? add me hor.. u know my name rite.. kekeke...give u email easier lar.. [email protected]

mich,
i think i add u ... but hor again, i dunno if i add the rite mich.. hahaha...cos alot of mich in my facebook also.. ur pic is it just u alone chio chio one??

gals, i wld update the table next time as now using laptop... info not here..

Mummies,

Thank you for ur encouragement, advice and support. Yah, tomorrow my gynae will be putting me under her knife already. Cannot drag any longer because on tuesday I went back to check up, already 2.5cm dilated. Good news is my girls suddenly fattened up. They weigh ard 2.3kg and 2.55kg according to scan result. Now praying hard they are healthy babies and nothing else i can ask for anymore.

This pregnancy is really tedious, too many preterm issues and had been checking in and out of TMC regularly.. hiaz. But am glad, can see my little one soon.

nana,
can go to my list of frens to chk if it's the correct mich.

purebliss,
dun worry..&amp; congrats..u will b seeing ur princesses very soon

bloom,
my ger is 2.5yr old alrdy &amp; juz 10.5kg!! haha. but we r not worried at all. i rem i was oso super skinny when young - like <15kg when in P1. hubby till now still underweight.. haha

mommies,
will b on leave tmrw till next thurs.. yes, will b gg to bali, with the whole 'village'.. wish me good luck
happy.gif

bloom.costa
yeah my gynae did the same as urs, bloom
I understand if she say got chance recurring. wat i didnt like is she suggest concurrent booking with her and kk or just go kk - like its bound to happen.

I'd wish that just take my case lah, then if happen later - happen lah. take step by step mah.
concurrent so KK got my records too. troublesome ah.

purebliss
Its gd that ur babes are above 2kg. All the best tomorrow!take care

dm
wah so shiok go hols! Have a great trip!

Hi, i am new here. I have a premature baby boy turn 9 months .

I have a few questions want to ask. Any mummies encouter this and hope can give me an advice.

1)my baby is drinking Isomil (0-12 mth)now. Do my baby still continue for Isomil (age 1 +) after 1 year or can change to normal formula ?

2)Should my baby change to age 1 's formula on the correctly age or gestation age?

3)Can share any recipe or cook for baby?

hi purebliss,
congratulations in advance on your gals' birthday tomorrow. You have made it very far, much more than most of us here, so pls dun worry anymore. enjoy the bonding after that n pls do a good confinement!

pinety,
welcome!
how many wks premature was ur boy?
why do u need to give soybased milk (i.e. isomil)? cos cow's based milk does contain a bit more fats and calories.
My boy was born at 27 wks, and changed to step 2 (i.e. 6-12 months milk) at his corrected age, accordingg to advice from kkh dietician. If your boy was premature, are u still on follow up with the kkh paed? cos u can get advice from them on feedign issues too.

Are u giving cereals and porridge already? My boy (now also 9 months corrected), is taking cereals and porridge, twice a day. I find that preterm bbies have small (plus sometimes fussssssy!) appetites so it is beneficial to expose them to foods early. wat recipes u like? not that i have a lot, but i have been doing some research online and reading those bb cookbooks lah.

dm
your packing list coming into handy again for bali trip! enjoy enjoy! and dun forget to buy clothes or slippers in bulk cos it' cheaper! must always ask for price of 1 pc first, then slowly increase the quantity so they are forced to lower price.. heheh..

yan congrat, can pass u some of paige's premmie clothes.

Paige is fullterm now, ard 3.2kg. CAn check with the mommies, are premmies eyes suppose to be swollen? She is on iron supplement and tt cos constipation, any remedies for constipation?

I remember my son's eyes also look swollen when he just discharged.

pinety, your boy got follow up with kkh or anywhere? I used to ask the follow up doctor last time whether can switch milk powder last time. I remember its base on corrected age.

regarding wat to cook for baby, i am the lousiest, so cannot help. haha.

purebliss, smooth delivery tomorrow! i think with your babies good weight, def can discharge with you.

Yan hope your gal gains weight fast, and can go home soon!

dm enjoys your bali trip!!!

fairylander, hope your morning sickness goes away soon!

Thanks to all mummies for your encouragements!

yes daec, miracle, thats wat I am hoping for! May miracles bless us with smooth pregnancies this time round!

xbliss and powergal, boys are like that. dash is not easy to handle too!

Now I am busy sourcing for childcare for dash. I am thinking of putting dash in one good childcare and stop changing and changing. Next year when I give birth, most prob will ask my in laws to look after the younger, and dash will have to be in childcare, cause I wun be having any maid to help.
So my hubby and I will be taking care of dash, bringing him to and from childcare. I am considering shekinah montessori in sengkang.

hi dm, yah, fees rather ex. But thinking of using cda account to pay till i go back to work.

Anyway, i am rather concern with a good school for dash next year, as he will be in nursery liao, no longer play group.

I hope he can learn something, and hopefully will grow to like studying.

xbliss/kkf,

Thank you for your reply. I am still follow up with KKH but i found that the doctor i have is not very experience.We went to KKH dietacian too previously when my baby about 4-5 month, do not have any good advice.

My baby is delivered on 31 week. He is now 9 mth corrected age. Due to he is allergy cough and we saw outside doctor. The doctor suggest to change to Isomil. After we change from Dumex to Isomil, my baby feel ok.

My baby taking porridge twice a day now but no cereal.I agree with what you said, my boy also very small appetite. I give my boy fish, pork , carrot, potato porridge. What other recipe you have?

Hi all
It's been a long time since i last logged in cos i've forgotten my password.....
Hope everyone is fine
happy.gif

KKF
Congrats to u
happy.gif

Heard from Costa u r expecting a ger
happy.gif

Rest well n hee... was still wondering who i can pass my ger's nice shirt n sexy dresses to... cos i close shop liao
happy.gif

So many new names...
Wow all the bbs are now toddlers...

Ezann is doing fine blabbering a lot... We just came back from Osaka. She enjoyed n she is in her terrible 2 now
happy.gif
haha

So many posts.... Wonder who can update me??? I remember reading another mummy preggy too... Can't recall who??

Hi to Jane, Mich, Daec, DM,fairylander, didi, bloom, preciousone, stressed n all. If u do logged in, do update me on how u n ur little ones are
happy.gif

Hi to all the mummies whom I haven chat with...

My no. 4. Little Edel is already approaching 7 months liao. Times really flies..

Ezann is going for her 2 year old assessment in Oct 2008. Will update u gals about her progress
happy.gif

Need to do a lot of catch up liao...

mummylian,
hi hi.. thanks 4 remembering. glad 2 hear tat ezann &amp; edel r doing fine. i'm sure ezann is cute blabbering
happy.gif
sometimes the things they said is nonsense but still cute
happy.gif

me gg off liao.. c all next wed!

hi lo mummylian,
Thanks for remembering us
happy.gif
my d&amp;d are walking everywhere now so you can imagine how tired I am, following them to prevent any falls, but still they will fall and have 'balukus'
happy.gif
guess it is part of growing up
happy.gif
good in a way, rough them up .....

envy mummylian, you have 4 children and youngest going to be 7 months! envy envy envy.

The other mummies pregnant are daec and fairylander.

i really hope can do well for my pregnancy this time....

sigh, but i must get over my panaroid first. Just now got a bit of thick discharge, getting worried again. Worry worry worry, never ending worry till 10 months over.
sad.gif

kkf,
there u go again.. be positive!

mummylian,
happy to see u here! glad to hear ezann is doing well!

pinety,
i not very experienced, but so far, these are the variations. Cereals with fruits like banana, avocado, apple (he dun like), pear. puree til fine and add in. For vegetables, i add broccoli, marrow, sweet potatoes, spinach, pumpkin. For meats, i also use fish, pork, and i also give beef.

For snacks, i try bb biscuits like those from heinz. I also give him those heinz ready bottled food like the egg custard which he likes!

But becos ur boy seems to have some allergy, introduce him the vegetables first and go slow on the egg and other foods which contain milk?

KKh dietician recommend giving yogurt which is good for their stomach (prevent diarrhea cos of the good bacteria in yogurt). They recommend Petit Miam brand plain yog. I havent try cos he's been sick. Yog also have milk content so must be careful. hope this helps.

Hello mummies,

I delivered my boy at 24weeks in April.
Now he just got back home from KKH.
Currently need to find pediatrician for him.

Would appreciate your recommendations.

smiggleprincess, wat sort of pediatrician you looking for?

You mean for follow up? I thought kkh will assign?
Like my boy is with dr argawal.

If you mean normal children doctors, then have to depend where you stay?

smiggleprincess,
welcome here..hope you are coping well..can you provide us more details like length of stay, date of birth, length of stay in nicu/scn.for us to update our table

hmm..kkh has follow ups wif the neo nat..better to go for all the appts they give, be it for eye, lung etc..for normal jabs and touch wood flus and colds can go to those paedi near where you or d caregiver stay(for convenience)...for me, i provide a copy of the discharge certificate to the paedi so that he/she wld roughly noe wat yr kid has been thru and the medicines or conditions etc he has..

Morning Mummies
Nice weather today. Anybody going for the F1? :p

MummyLian
Boys and i are good. Thank you for remembering us.
Yeah... Time Flies. Yesterday, hb said we can start our Christmas shopping soon!
happy.gif

Smiggleprincess
How is your little one doing?
My boys follow up with the Docs at KKH after discharge.
For illnesses such as cough, flu etc, they are seeing a PD near my place.
I did the same as Costa. Presented the discharge certificate to the PD during the first visit.

xbliss,
Thanks for your reply. You mean the KKH dietation recommend yogurt start from 9 months?

kkf and mummies-to-be,
congrats to all of you.

Back