Preggie Friends Since 2003

stylo
haha pf wanted to watch shinjuku incident, but i dun wanna expose my bb to jackie chan's torture haha..
mil phoned and said ash got 5 pairs of shoes from melb liao.. she oso bot a lot of clothes for bb.. luckily i din buy much in kl..

linda
u drove up to kl & genting alone with ryan?

girl
at the adidas section?

hong
i tink minnie gown oso altered by my mil..

m2b
raine gg to be flower girl?

Hi mummies,
Happy holiday to all.

stylobb,
You are rite, this forum like so luan like that, lots of WTB, WTS, also have too many BPs than discussing. Like you said there are many duplicate topic too. I also feel that they should control it.

Chris,
Welcome back, so you didnt really contribute to Malaysia economy lah.

Stylobb,
Might be gg Perth w hb's frens instead...self-driven...hope it materialise lor. =P

Linda,
You stayed in Genting for 5 days alone w Ryan? Peifu you man.

Chris,
No lah, coz Raine has piano performance quite often so thinking to get her a white dress for it.
happy.gif

chris/cherly
You gals going to Uniqlo or not???

chris
Hb also said re the Shinjuku incident, we decided we'll wait for the DVD later lah... seems a lot of violent scenes...

Btw Fast & Furious is also not bad, since I went w/o expectation...haha but ended up first row, almost hammered hb...hahaha

Wow, 5 pairs of shoes... and bb clothes too.. how nice!!

cherly
How was ur hkg trip? Good?

hong
Think you mentioned Manhattan Fish Mkt that you tried before, recently tried it and don't find it nice, find Fish & Co is still beta.

m2b
An ex collick just emigrated there, enjoying her new life...

stylo
i itching to go but pf bz studying for his exams next week.. i wanna know the price range and if they have kids range lor.. cherly shd go rackee, she lives so near...

m2b
oic... actually its quite difficult to find nice white dresses like this hor.. some are too 'over' and some quite cheena..

cherly
i tink this time i bot the least... but still can get 2 pairs of shoes for myself la haha..

Stylobb,

No kidding, you are going to bring all 3 yourself to meet your hubby? Wow, but KL is a good test on that, at least it's only 45mins. I think I will lost at least one of them if it's me doing it!

Chris,

I'm not that li hai. Went up with hubby to KL and he drove us up to Genting before returning to KL for work during weekdays. Wow, 5 pair of shoes for Ash! She's fast following her mummy's footstep!

M2B,

Yeah, 5 whole days in Genting with Ryan. It's fun and I have discovered places / rides / games that I have never been or do before. Managed to watch movie K-20 there as it's the only one that Ryan can watch. Hey Stylobb, their 1st row is osim chairs leh!

My mum going to Perth in May for a 2 months stay. I'm still thinking if I wanna join her. Don't feel very comfortable in pulling Ryan out of school for so many days this year though.

stylo
just read ur post on flying up to kl.. personaly i feel flying very tiring.. need to chk in early, flight is short but need to transfer from airport-hotel.. total i tink its ard 4-5 hrs!

linda
oic.. 5 days in genting must be very relaxing..
i yearn for another short holiday b4 i pop lei.. pf is saying hotel stay in spore during labour day holiday... boring lei..

chris
Hv been informed via one mommy in another thread that selection is quite ltd, they hv kids stuff, also ltd. Adults only tees, polos and jeans... wl hv to check it out myself.

But imagine if stuck in coach for 5 hrs! The stressful part will be the toilet!!! Argh.
I think it's easier to fly, at least in pockets of 45mins-1 hr intervals. Transfer just ask hotel car to pick up. I didn't find it difficult the last time...

linda
KL - But I have done it before leh... with the 3, not too bad. Was surprised they took it quite well, guai guai helped to push trolley and gnrly behaved themselves.

Hah? Why your mom staying for so long?

Stylobb & Linda,
Hope my Perth trip materialise lor...wana bring my parents to HKG too...plan plan plan...

Linda,
5 days in Genting must be relaxing...Raine wana go back too.
happy.gif

True, I agreed. 2 months away from school is really too long.

Chris,
Yalor! Not easy to find nice white dress for their age...I hate those cheena 1s...see liao, the hair will also stand up. =P

stylo
heard the carpark to tampines 1 is so full, the bus drivers are complaining abt the jam the cars are creating..
ya transfer not difficult.. i just feel there is a lot of 'movement' with the luggage. for coach, i can board opp my house and the coach will send us all the way to the hotel.. but i oso tink the stressful part abt coach is the toilet stops.. esp the standard one at yong peng.. the condition of the toilets... can faint!

m2b
I'm waiting for my ex collick to buy a big apt in perth ... hahaha..they are looking ard but it's cheaper to rent for now.

You mean you are looking for those little bridemaid's type of dress for performance? I think Taka has some, not cheena at all.

linda
You can just take ryan for a week or more, right, no need to go for two months..

chris
Uniqlo - o dear... really ah?
The mummy told us that there is $5 discount - opening special.

Fly - oic, no problem for me, cos we loaded all the luggage in car and hb drove them all to KL! I only bring a handcarry one.

I always bring the Axe brand oil with me when I take coach.. haha... stimes the coaches stopped at decent places, other times were terrible.
When we came back from our church camp, even jesse came out of the loo complaining, 'Mummy, stinky place..'!

m2b/chris
You two like to snack on chips??

Chris,

There's this "farm stay" in Kanji. Maybe you can go for that? Ya, should go for another short holiday b4 you pop. If not, it's at least another year b4 you can go away again. Port Dickson is another short relaxing place which I like to go. Love to stay in their water charlet and laze through the visit.

Stylobb/Chris,

I didn't take coach before but I thought there will be a toilet behind? I was exploring this option and found Aeroline has got double decker. Sittings will be on upper deck and the deck below is for relaxing.. thought the toilet will be at the lower deck. Normally we drive in to KL. This time, it took us only 2.5hrs to reach.

Stylobb,

Mom going there for to vist her ex boss and she loves perth. So plan to stay there for 2 months. My mom is a dog lover and she helps to take care of her boss dogs when they are in Singapore. She misses them a lot.

If I go, I hope to stay for 2 weeks. But as Ryan is in K2 now and had missed school last week, I dunno if it's advisable to let him miss school futher.

Stylo,
We still prefer manhatten fish. Even the spore branch serve better food than fish and Co. My collicks and I feel the food is less oily.

With kids, we still prefer to drive. We have the control of our time.

chris,
try Port Dickson. We are thinking to stop by port dickson when we drive back from hometown but Law thinking to bring the kids to Gentings. May stop there for 2 nites...

hong
You at home now too?? hehe... everyone's sleeping.

Wasn't a good experience at MFM for us... prawns, squids, fish not as nice.

Driving is ok but if my hb is there before us, then option wl be to fly.

chris
No big deal at Uniqlo... kids range ltd.

linda
Toilet - I think yes, certain coaches have.
I hvn't tried the double decker type.
Used to take the Nice executive one..

How nice to linger in Perth for so long....

stylo/linda
i tink those super vip coaches, those 19 or 21 seater, they dun hv toilets.. but the seats are comfy.. macham biz class hehe

linda/hong
PD a bit too far rite.. i rather go kl again... hehe got shopping.

linda
2.5hrs to kl.. alan must be driving 'fast & furious' hehe..

stylo
no wonder.. no bags will be easy..
uniqlo no big deal ah. ok then i shall wait until the crowd subsides then go..
i dun like chips now, during this preg.. i used to love them..

Good Morning Mommies!

Stylobb,
Yap, looking for those dresses for Raine's performance but not now coz no news of any performance yet...maybe year-end...just nice for Xmas...hahaha

Yap, I LOVE chips!
happy.gif

Good morning mommies...

Am back from my holiday in panda land. It's relaxing and rejuvenating! Had some "interesting" encounters though - some good, some bad.

I feel like i'm still in dreamland.... no motivation to work.

Hi Chris,

Uniqlo - i went to the one in panda land. I find the clothing so so only... not say very nice leh... so i didn't buy even though i asked the tour guide to specifically bring me there. Quite disapppointed
sad.gif

Hi M2B,

Wah.. u already preparing for raine's performance ah? You really plan ahead! haha

Morning,
I type something but it didnt get post up.

Stylo,
U went to spore branch? I went to Central MF.

Chris,
I think will be tough for u to sit in the car for hours. I yield for a relaxing trip but it will be hard with kids, finding them forever demanding....

Preggie,
tell us more.

Preggie,
So nice always gg for holidays...envy...

Last year Raine has got 2 performances so I guess there will be at least 1 mid-year or end of the year so it is good to look see for such dresses instead of sourcing for it last-min lor...

Hi M2B,

Wow.... so many performances.. raine must be quite good at music.

Is she playing with 2 hands already? Able to read notes?

Hi Hong,

Let me clear my email then i will type the story here
happy.gif

Good Afternoon Mommies.

Just came home from Melb last night and back to work today. Quite tired but bo pian, can't be taking too many days off. Melb is a nice Cosmopolitan place and we went farm-visiting, wildlife park, winery and also had a ride on the Puffing Billy. Unlike Masshiro, I didnt manage to see the Thomas show but luckily, we did see Thomas and his frens at the station. Josh had a nice time and the kids clothes there are cheap. Bought him quite a few tees, all less than S$10. Plus beach shorts at only $5.
happy.gif
One week there is enuff for me and I was beginning to miss work!! Haha.. Strange but true. Maybe it was too relaxed? Weather was cold and hb/I brought the flu back wif us. Thankfully, Josh is ok cos maybe he was well-clothed but we didnt many thick clothes for ourselves.

Hi Preggie,

Wat encounters ah? I visited Uniqlo in Japan too but didnt buy anything too.

Preggie,
Raine is playing w both hands. Notes reading, she is ok with it but some still will mix up.

I love to hear her playing "Wedding March"...hahaha

Minnie,
Had a nice trip? You went F&E?

m2b
You ever tried Terra brand Potpourri chips? They are yummy!

hong
Went to the outlet at Iluma...

preggie
What stories do you hv to tell?

Good Morning Mommies.

M2B,

Me more a beach resort/regional fan.
happy.gif
Find the Aussie cities pretty similar after awhile. Hah.

Stylobb,

Me off to KL again next week. Arghh...

good morning mummies!
cant sleep well these few days.. feel so tired..

minnie
so did u bump into ash in melb? hehe..
my mil oso said shopping for kids is gd.. she bot a lot this time round.. think they went shopping everyday haha..

preggie
still waiting for ur story..

stylo
how's the price in uniqlo like? cheap like jpn?

Good morning mommies..

Here's my story....

It has been a very lucky trip for us coz the weather was wonderful. When we prayed for snow, it snowed! It rained when we were in the coach and become sunny when we arrived at our destinations.

Scenery was breathtaking. KB said it the photos look like we went to switzerland! hehe

Ok.. the only bad incident that marred the trip was the last day when they brought us to this tibetan medical shop. There was this man who used my mom as a subject for his "amazing" qigong demonstration. He managed to draw blood and water from her joints without any accupuncture. Then later, he insisted that my mom must buy his herbs and asked for her credit card.. My mom gong gong, gave him the card and didn't ask how much the medicine cost. When the bill came, it was for SIN$3500! I got mad and demanded that the guy cancel the transaction immediately. He insinuated that i'm unfilial and wanted my mom to die early coz i stopped her from buying his medicine which he claimed can cure her high blood pressure after 3 months!

He became rough verbally and i quickly brought joey out and left her with a tourmate... then went in to the shop again to demand for an immediate refund or i'll call the police!

It's machiam like those time share sales tactics, they are super nice to you during sales pitch and when you refused to buy, they abused you verbally and emotionally. But of course i was thick skinned and didn't care for what he said.. I called the bank in singapore immediately and told them to cancel this fraudulent transcation.

Later, the tour guide came and helped us get our moeny back. Before i left, i told those cheats that i will make sure i lodge a complaint with their govt and let their govt deal with them! Then they become apologetic and kept saying sorry...

I found out later that my uncle and auntie bought their medicine for $4800!! If they had told me earlier, i would have fought for their money back too! but it was too late.. coz they've already bought and signed on the transaction slip.

Hi M2B,

If you are planning to go to Aus, another possible destination is Adelaide. I think it's very suitable for kids coz the attractions are all rather close by.. they are all within 30mins to 1.5hr driving distance.

We were also told that Tasmania is very nice too and like adelaide, it doesn't take long to go from attraction to another (no driving for hours and hours).

We will be heading to New Zealand in July for 10 days. I was more in favour of going to Tasmania coz of the short driving distance but KB and Joey wanted to go skiing.

Or have you considered sydney? You can go to hunter valley and there's like a fairytale land with life sized figures of humpty dumpty, the cow jumped over the moon, etc.

Preggie,
Which part of China did u visit? Look like a relaxing trip.

I heard similar case in Hong Kong too. My MIL didnt get con but she couldnt stop my FIL. However not as much as SIN3500. A few hundred dollars which my MIL said the herb they used are of lower quality. Worse part there are tiny little worms after they brot it back to spore.

Hi Hong,

We went to Chengdu and Jiuzhaigou. It's a wonderful trip... we also went to visit the Giant Buddha at Leshan and Emei Shan.

I think one good thing that came out of this trip is that it forces Joey to converse with the locals in mandarin... she's now more confident with the language. She'll dare to ask pple what this thing is and how much. When the locals ask her questions, she's also able to understand and reply in chinese. She's not very good at it, but at least she tries and i'll consider this as one positive step forward.

Preggie,
Look like u have achieve something for this trip.
Jiuzhaigou still as pretty? Wanted to go China but dun know which state is good.

Hi Hong,

Yah.. this trip is quite different from other china trips.. For this one, there were days when they will let us go back to hotel earlier to sleep and rest. Not rush here rush there.

Jiuzhaigou was not affected by the earthquake leh... just that now, you have to take a flight there instead of by coach.

My mom says she wanna go Zhangjiajie next year.

Minnie,
Oh, so you prefer resorts and beaches? Then shd head to Brisbane?
happy.gif

Preggie,
Thanks for your recommendation. I did thought of Adelaide too...hope my hb dun change his mind abt travelling again lor...Mae's passport also havent make...hahaha

Wow, you have such an experience during your holiday...glad your mom saved that sum of $ man.

Minnie/Linda/Preggie,
Welcome back.

stylobb,
My HK trip was fun. The 2 little fellow very cooperative.

stylobb/chris,
Tampine 1 is just a street from my place but i have yet been there. Heard from my colls, the place is super crowded, cant find parkings in all malls there. Tampines 1 itself got no enuf parking lots
Uniqlo - I went in japan 1 but found nothing much and didnt buy anything. My ex-colls went there yesterday, she said still long Q outside the shop.

Linda,
I also booked my room to genting after i came back from HK, my children will love it and charlene is starting to countdown to the day.

Preggie,
I am also planning to JiuZhaiGuo or ZhangJiaJie sometime in sept, will depend on work schedule. My company got pay freeze this year and most of the Ops pple will start their flexi-hour soon. Will see the situation b4 going, anyway tour is unnecessarites.
My colls just told us abt the same incident you had, she said die die don try and die die don buy.
NZ - oh ya, still owe you the photos, i upload for you when i free ok.

Chris,
I like twister chips now, spicy one.

M2B,
That day i saw Jetstar offer to Darwin for S$26 (exclude taxes). Not too sure what Darwin have, anyway will be bored to take Jetstar for long hours.

Masshiro,
If you happen need to make a trip to Indian again, you may consider Jet Airways, my boss and colls just came back from Indian and this is their 1st time taking JA, they said very good. All along they are taking SQ, but we are doing cost cutting, so after compared we found that JA is cheaper by $700, so we decided to give it a try since they are our customer too, must support abit. The comments from them were good, they said flight is newer, TV screen is bigger, bigger seat space, service is good. Overhaul, they said its a pleasant flight and definately is better than SQ.

Hi Mummies

m2b
Terra chips, last I saw is on sale at Watson's $6.45 for 2 packs, otherwise it's about $5.40 per pkt at some NTUC outlets... try it, it's yummy and not salty at all.

chris
Answered u re uniqlo liao.

preggie
That's a lot of $ to gu-took....
My parents also encountered sth like this in HKG, not to them, I think, but to someone, the shop owner told the person don't where got problem...
Funny how ppl can get cheated quite easily.
I don't think I wl part with my money so easily...hehe

minnie
U getting tired of KL??? THings are getting expensive there.

cherly
All along I heard good feedback re Jet Airways, the owner is a wealthy bizman, anyway normal pax who can afford SQ die die won't take Air India... they say the planes are old and toilet stinko!
When my ex collicks took Jet Airways, they also said good things.

I don't think Darwin sounds interesting..hehe..

Do you have to take forced leave?
So far my side has nothing, if take forced leave like once every 2 mths, I don't mind, cos can spend more time with kids.
I think the effects will be known after June...
I was just talking w/ my mom and she mentioned a friend's daughter got retrenched, she is a very smart lady and holding high post. Also kena....

cherly
Tampines 1 is definitely more upmarket and nicer than the older malls.
We were there early and left with 72 lots. When we left after lunch, there was a long row of cars waiting outside.
Hb was happy to see BBQ chix there.. haha..
and Frolick yoghurt...

Flexi-hour meaning what??

We have expanded this year and continue to expand, I did speak to my boss that the whole orgn has to monitor the situation and not expand without looking at capacity...

Cherly,
Dun think consider Darwin...I think it will either be Aussie or HKG with the kids...my sisters wana go Korea again year end lor...

Stylobb,
Ok, will look for it if I pass Watsons coz now lunch time is gym time for me so seldom lunch out...

My side also nothing so far...I dun mind forced leave to spend time w the kids too!
happy.gif

good morning mummies!
wat a start this morning, my bus was caught in an accident at the expressway this morning. felt a knock when i was happily sitting in my seat.. everyone was asked to alight the bus and i realised 2 other buses has knocked into my bus (at least i tink there are only 2 buses behind bcoz i cant see beyond the last bus)... wat an experience.. all the passengers are stranded on the road shoulder and dashed on board the passing buses who stopped to pick us up...

stylo
we oso have forced leave this yr.. will kena deduct 12 days this yr for this...

Good Morning Mommies.

M2B,

I have been to Brisbane and Gold Coast 3x already. Enuff!! Haha.. My colleague just booked Jetstar to Perth at only $200 including taxes.

Stylobb,

I suppose no choice if its for work. Ok la, its quite near so I dun mind. Havent been to Tampines 1 but will prolly check it out tom when Josh goes for his Math class.

Good morning mommies,

I'm glad i helped my mom saved $3500. Now she says she's lucky that i was there to fob those thugs away.

Hmm.. when i have the time, i will have to write a letter of complaint to the tour agency and maybe also to PMO.. since they claimed that they are the one who cured PM Lee with their qigong and medicine. Better let him know that there are thugs out there who are using his name to sell medicine.

Hi Cherly,

I think Darwin will be hot. But honestly, if it's really very cheap, i won't mind going for a few days.. just to experience what the place is like.

Zhangjiajie - why dun we go together next year? My mom bought a dvd on ZJJ, she said the scenery is very nice. You want? I can lend it to you.

Bringing the kids to china is good - force them to speak in chinese and read chinese words.

NZ - when you free you upload the pics for me please. I'm still planning the itinerary. I've booked the hotels at these places (Christchurch -> Dunedin > Te Anua > Queenstown > Wanaka > Mt Cook > Christchurch) Only at queenstown, we'll be staying 2 nites, the rest are all 1 nite. Wonder if it'll be too hectic.

Did you go on a helicopter ride? Issit worth the money? I'm considering between helicopter and Hotair balloon ride.

Hi M2B,

This morning, my colleague just asked me for my adelaide itinerary.. She's going there after my recommendation! haha....

If you want, i can share more info on adelaide with with you. My most vivid memory is the horsedrawn carriage ride from Adelaide to Granite Island to see penguins.

Chris,
You okay? Manage to rush up the bus to pick the passengers up?

Minnie,
I also been to Brisbane and GC twice liao and thus told my SIL to go w/o us this time...told her I will go back again when Mae is bigger instead.

Preggie,
Yes yes, can share your Adelaide itinerary with me? Thanks!

preggie
pf tot of gg sydney then melb too.. either this yr or next yr..

m2b
i ok, wait for most of the pple to go up 1st lor.. dun wan to squeeze with them.. i am in the last batch to clear the road shoulder lor.

Chris/Cherly/Stylo,
My side is pretty busy. Some multi-years projects are schedule for completion these few years. There is alot of ground work to do. As I am doing the infrastructure, we have to get the base foundation ready.

When the times are bad, we have to help to push out more projects so those depending on us will still have works and they can employ more pple, generating more jobs.

Preggie,
is that the same case for ur side?

Holidays - always make one feel energetic when talking abt tour. My collicks asked if I have gone for my oversea tour so i asked him if Msia considered one.

Mediacorp is organising a tour fair. My fren working in Mediacorp asking me to visit the fair. May be some can drop by to see if there is any good offer.

Hong,
I may be gg to the Mediacorp Travel Fiesta this Sat coz bringing Mae for a trial class at GUG...

Chris, Cherly, Trans,
Rbr we used to bring our kids last time? heehee

Chris,
Yalor, better dun rush...some people can be rather rough...

Hi Chris,

Luckily you were seated.

Hi M2B,

Mae so young can start GUG already?

Hi Hong,

What do you mean by "is it the same for your side"?

Back