PCOS

weyunli

Hello ladies,

Trying to find more information about PCOS as I’m diagnosed with PCOS. It’s been almost 8 months now since treatment and I’m still unable to conceived.

I’m currently only vitamins in the morning and Metformin in the night. And after my period, I would need to take Clomid and gonal F injection. It’s my 4th cycle of gonal F Injection and seems like my egg is still not up to the desire size.

I’m really very drained by all these treatments and expensive medications. Each visit will cost more than $200.

I also went to TCM which was highly recommended by my friend and was given some meds to help with ovulation as well. TCM mentioned that I can take along with the current meds I’m talking. It’s just like a boost to help me w ovulation and etc.

But today, after my scan with the doctor, the doctor decided to put me with 5 days gonal F injection instead of 3 days. For the past cycle, I’m always on 3 days gonal F. He says that I only have like 3 big eggs, biggest size 13mm or something.

it feels like it’s not getting anywhere better and I’m really so tired of all these treatment.

I’m wondering if there’s any other option or good doctor to recommend to help me conceive.
Help me with your advise! Thank you.

Hi,

what is the dosage given to you for gonal-f ?
maybe you can change doc & seek a second opinion?

Did the TCM advises u on lifestyle change, like sleep early, reduce sugar and carbohydrates, processed food, exercise regularly, etc.?

Did the TCM advises u on lifestyle change, like sleep early, reduce sugar and carbohydrates, processed food, exercise regularly, etc.?
No cold drinks, have proper meals and nothing much. She gave me some meds to drink saying that it will help to warm up my womb. Usually my hands are always cold. But after drinking, my hands and feet feels much warmer.

Hello! 75. Not very sure which doc to go to anymore. Drained by all the expensive cost. Any one to recommend?

Hi weyunli,

maybe you can ask your doc to change dosage or another kind of egg stimulation jab? The clinic nurse told me before some people react better to puregon ( i never try before ).
Which doc are you currently with?

Hi i have bad pcos too and my period used to come every 70-90days... sigh. I am in my 6th month of trying but only using tcm to regulate my period which works so far.
can i ask, if u dont mind sharing, do u have regular periods now after taking these meds? Are you overweight due to pcos? the egg size must be of a certain size before they ovulate?

Hi i have bad pcos too and my period used to come every 70-90days... sigh. I am in my 6th month of trying but only using tcm to regulate my period which works so far.
can i ask, if u dont mind sharing, do u have regular periods now after taking these meds? Are you overweight due to pcos? the egg size must be of a certain size before they ovulate?

Hi i’m a PCOS sufferer but im not overweight.
for me , i tried injectables & clomid, which is the ovulation medication , i did gain quite a fair bit of weight after that.
usually when i take all this medication,& if im not pregnant, my period will come after day 28 ( which is regular ).
Usually doctor say, your follicles size should be at least 18mm for it to contain a mature egg inside.

hope this helps.

Hey babe,

nah, I’m actually underweight. All along, every month I do get period. Sometimes early sometimes late. But every month sure have.
Yeah the size must be a certain size to have mature eggs.

Hi i’m a PCOS sufferer but im not overweight.
for me , i tried injectables & clomid, which is the ovulation medication , i did gain quite a fair bit of weight after that.
usually when i take all this medication,& if im not pregnant, my period will come after day 28 ( which is regular ).
Usually doctor say, your follicles size should be at least 18mm for it to contain a mature egg inside.

hope this helps.
Oh yes, I realized I’m putting on weight too after the injectable. Have you successfully got pregnant?

Hey babe,

nah, I’m actually underweight. All along, every month I do get period. Sometimes early sometimes late. But every month sure have.
Yeah the size must be a certain size to have mature eggs.
Oh wow, i did not know u can have PCOS and somewhat regular periods! Lol.. these regular scans must be costly indeed... i never had a scan yet.,, i shall try after CB!

Hi, I’m a PCOS patient. Period will only come 2-3 months. Currently undergoing Tcm. Waiting for cb to be over to embark on ivf. I’m of healthy weight, exercise regularly but just dun ovulate .

Hi, I’m a PCOS patient. Period will only come 2-3 months. Currently undergoing Tcm. Waiting for cb to be over to embark on ivf. I’m of healthy weight, exercise regularly but just dun ovulate .

Hi,
Have you tried IUI before proceeding to IVF?

Hi , I have tried one time of iui. But not going to try again since the success rate not high. Doc suggested ivf. I was actually going for it until this cb.

IVF chances definitely higher.
yeah hope all goes well for you after this CB!

Oh yes, I realized I’m putting on weight too after the injectable. Have you successfully got pregnant?

Hi Weyunli,

Yup i got pregnant twice but both didnt end up well. First was chemical pregnancy, the 2nd one baby heartbeat stops at week 8+, now recovering my body.
Anw, i have googled & this supplement “ Ovasitol “ seems to help PCOS sufferer. Alot of good reviews about ovulation/menstrual cycles etc. I have bought it to try from Amazon. Now waiting for the supplement to arrive.

Hi everyone, I'm new here and pretty new to the whole ttc process. I decided to have a baby this year but soon as I thought it was going to be a good year, I then missed my period for months and was diagnosed with PCOS. The gynae told me to change my lifestyle and exercise regularly which I did and the thing is my period then came twice naturally (June and July 2020), but I wasn't getting pregnant.

I know it has only been a few months of ttc but, I am clueless on what to do. I read up online about PCOS but unsure which direction I should go to next. I am only take prenatal multi vitamin pills, omega 3 acid for now just to prep the body.

Should I go take supplements , seek traditional remedies, or go for iui?

Hello!
Sorry have been offline on the thread.
I’m pregnant & will be giving birth in 2 months time. my pregnancy happens right after I stopped the gonal f injections and took only ovulation pills. Lol, was very surprised that I managed to be preggy!
I rely more on TCM instead cos it’s more affordable and I really did feel the changes in my body.

Please don’t give up hope! Just give praying and be positive!

Hello!
I’m pregnant & will be giving birth in 2 months time. my pregnancy happens right after I stopped the gonal f injections and took only ovulation pills. Lol, was very surprised that I managed to be preggy!
I rely more on TCM instead cos it’s more affordable and I really did feel the changes in my body.

Congrats! Great to hear so! Have a smooth delivery!

Hi everyone. I have pcos. My previous 2 pregnancies were successful on clomid.
The 1st one, with 2 cycles and 2nd pregnancy with only 1 cycle.
We are trying again after 5yrs now.
After 3 cycles of clomid and 2 cycles of Letrozole, still unsuccessful.
The upcoming month will be our last try with Letrozole.
It's disappointing that things are not working out for us this time. I am considering IUI after this.
I would like to ask if anyone has gone through IUI before to share your experience.
Thank you in advance.

Hello!

hi weyunli, doctor diagnosed me with pcos. While both my ovaries have multiple small follicles. I have 2 cycle of period while taking covid vaccine. Otherwise every month has period just not regular. Doctor in kkh didn’t give me any jabs or medication just ask me to try natural. Try those ovulation stripes get positive due to surge LH, But actually no ovulate. Currently I am only taking folic acid and tcm medication help me to start a new cycle of period.
Do you took bbt every morning to track ovulation?
How long did you took the ovulation pills while ttc?
pls share which tcm helps with the treatment, thank you ;)

Last edited:

Back