Overcoming fear of the next pregnancy

Hi,

Just wondering for those of you who suffered multiple pregnancy losses, how do you overcome your fear of the next bfp? I will always dread for the worst, that history may repeat itself again.

Actually, prior to my 6th (hopefully my last) loss in mid-June this year, I got fear too. My husband complained to my tcm that he always found me sitting in the toilet for ages. The tcm said that that is normal too, given my multiple losses history.

There is never an easy way, you have to see what works for you. For me, I like driving, going out to chill and taking my mind off it… Maybe you can check out my blog - www.feliciatan22.com. I had 2 mcs as well… https://www.facebook.com/AOL22

Hi feliciatan22,

Yes, read your blog. And found it is encouraging to women who suffered multiple losses like me. I get back to my usual routine of writing to newspapers writers' column, as that was what I was doing prior to my miscarriage. Will be resuming restorative yoga next week too, as found it relaxes my whole body and takes my mind off things.

Hi,

Just wondering for those of you who suffered multiple pregnancy losses, how do you overcome your fear of the next bfp? I will always dread for the worst, that history may repeat itself again.

Actually, prior to my 6th (hopefully my last) loss in mid-June this year, I got fear too. My husband complained to my tcm that he always found me sitting in the toilet for ages. The tcm said that that is normal too, given my multiple losses history.
Hi tryingtoconceive2014, i hv a friend whom also had 2 miscarriages before she had her daughter. NUH had a special unit which does investigation for continuous miscarriages and found out that it was her immune system which had been rejecting her new embryo...so once she is preggy, she need to go back to NUH for treatment. So far she had 2 kids successfully.

Hi tryingtoconceive2014, i hv a friend whom also had 2 miscarriages before she had her daughter. NUH had a special unit which does investigation for continuous miscarriages and found out that it was her immune system which had been rejecting her new embryo...so once she is preggy, she need to go back to NUH for treatment. So far she had 2 kids successfully.

Hi kwp,

Thanks. I see. That is good. I have since switched to Prof Choolani as the wait to see him in NUH is really long, like 2 to 3 months. I am now consulting Prof in his private suite. Will see about our test results when we meet the Prof next Fri morning, the day after hari raya public holiday.

Back