Oct 2019 Mummies

Hi ladies, I tested positive 2 days ago, self-test and went to the private clinic to have the doctor certified of my pregnancy result. I plan to keep this news from everyone especially my hubby until end of Mar, my hubby's birthday. Meanwhile, I am going to arrange an appointment with a gynae. Had my first pregnancy in 2017 but miscarried at 5 weeks. So I'm praying that this pregnancy would go smoothly.

Hi all mummies to be, me too a 1st time mummy. Went for my first check with a private gynae on 18th Feb, doc says it was 6 weeks but cannot detect heartbeat yet. My next scheduled check is supposed to be on coming Monday but intend to switch to kkh, any good gynae to recommend?
And please add me to the group chat, my number 91781397. Thank you very much!

Dr Janice Tung!! She is my gynae and I love how friendly and caring she is.

Hi all, I went to polyclinic on 23 Feb to confirm my preg. I was only told my edd shld be 22 Oct. Nv indicate how many wks preg and no scan or anything done. And my referral to nuh will only be on 11 Apr. Is this ok? Btw, this is my first time preg. Sometime I do experience slight pain on the right side below the rib area.

hi mummies to be! i just went to a gynae ytd and did a scan. currently at 6 weeks, first time mummy! still kinda lost. would love to join the group chat to share and learn more from y’all! thank you! :)

Hi all mummy-to-be.. 1st time mum too. i tested positive on kit on 18/2. According to my last period i should be on week6/7 but based on my tracking of ovulation i should only be week 3.. suddenly 2 days ago I started bleeding (fresh blood) soaking more than a panty liner. My appointment with the gynae supposed to be 2 weeks later and I have no choice but to make an earlier appointment to assess this bleeding.. the gynae found a sac and some blood shadow outside but he could not explain further for this bleeding especially when the sac is not “big enough” or could be a impending miscarriage. I’m put on duphaston and jab too and really hope for positive result in the next review that baby is growing good and strong.

Hi all mummy-to-be.. 1st time mum too. i tested positive on kit on 18/2. According to my last period i should be on week6/7 but based on my tracking of ovulation i should only be week 3.. suddenly 2 days ago I started bleeding (fresh blood) soaking more than a panty liner. My appointment with the gynae supposed to be 2 weeks later and I have no choice but to make an earlier appointment to assess this bleeding.. the gynae found a sac and some blood shadow outside but he could not explain further for this bleeding especially when the sac is not “big enough” or could be a impending miscarriage. I’m put on duphaston and jab too and really hope for positive result in the next review that baby is growing good and strong.

Believing that all things are gonna be well for you and your baby. jiayou!!

Hi! I had the same problem and hv been on hospitalisation leave for 9weeks. I had blood clots ard the sac. Kept bleeding and was ordered complete bed rest at 5weeks. I had the duphaston jab and was on meds to help me get better. Doc says drink lots of starch water as I was so sick from the jabs and meds. My mil made me starch water and red dates (apparently it’s suppose to help). Now my clots hv dissolved, bleeding stopped and baby is growing well. Was in and out of hospital. Bt my Gynae was very reassuring and turn up in the middle of the night at a&e to see me when I bled. Btw, no walking.. just bed rest. Hope you feel better!

Hi all!

Excited to be posting for the first time in a pregnancy forum. Tested positive on the stick on first day of CNY (same as some of the ladies here!) and am currently now 9 weeks plus pregnant. I'm also seeing Dr Hong Sze Ching, so far she seems quite caring and patient though I've only been to see her for 3 times. However, she doesn't volunteer a lot of of information on her side, more like you have to probe more or ask questions yourself.

My first ultrasound showed that I had a blood clot near my sac, and I was prescribed 10 days of Duphaston and doc said the blood clot should be reabsorbed by the body. No bleeding so far at that point. My second US ytd showed that the blood clot is still present and actually grew by a 1cm. The doc seemed a little worried but she just gave me more duphaston to be eaten till I reach 12 weeks. Baby is growing well and shape of sac is good as well thankfully. However she didn't really say what I should avoid etc, until I came home and googled myself and realised I shouldnt be exercising, or lifting heavy things, or engage in sex etc. At this point, still no bleeding yet. Fingers crossed that the blood clot would be reabsorbed soon because I'm planning to travel in May and I read online that the change in air pressure on flights could make the blood clot bigger.

Does anyone have a similar experience about blood clots as well?

Wishing every mummy to be a smooth pregnancy ❤️

Hi all!

Excited to be posting for the first time in a pregnancy forum. Tested positive on the stick on first day of CNY (same as some of the ladies here!) and am currently now 9 weeks plus pregnant. I'm also seeing Dr Hong Sze Ching, so far she seems quite caring and patient though I've only been to see her for 3 times. However, she doesn't volunteer a lot of of information on her side, more like you have to probe more or ask questions yourself.

My first ultrasound showed that I had a blood clot near my sac, and I was prescribed 10 days of Duphaston and doc said the blood clot should be reabsorbed by the body. No bleeding so far at that point. My second US ytd showed that the blood clot is still present and actually grew by a 1cm. The doc seemed a little worried but she just gave me more duphaston to be eaten till I reach 12 weeks. Baby is growing well and shape of sac is good as well thankfully. However she didn't really say what I should avoid etc, until I came home and googled myself and realised I shouldnt be exercising, or lifting heavy things, or engage in sex etc. At this point, still no bleeding yet. Fingers crossed that the blood clot would be reabsorbed soon because I'm planning to travel in May and I read online that the change in air pressure on flights could make the blood clot bigger.

Hi all!

Hi, I had the same problem. I had multiple clots. Saw Dr Wendy Teo and she offered lots of advice and support. She made sure my family members who accompanied me there were aware of what’s gg on and how they shld go abt caring for me - food etc.. The Nurses cut short their lunch hours so that they could squeeze me in to see dr Wendy as I was bleeding. Lots of bedrest. No walking. Maybe only to the toilet. Sitting is ok, no lifting heavy stuff or straining of body. She wanted me to call the clinic bk If I’m still bleeding as she wanted to arrange additional jabs for me. When I had a medical emergency at 1am, dr Wendy turned up in 20 mins to mk sure baby mummy are ok. 9weeks now and the clots hv dissolved. Hope you are feeling better.

Hi! I had the same problem and hv been on hospitalisation leave for 9weeks. I had blood clots ard the sac. Kept bleeding and was ordered complete bed rest at 5weeks. I had the duphaston jab and was on meds to help me get better. Doc says drink lots of starch water as I was so sick from the jabs and meds. My mil made me starch water and red dates (apparently it’s suppose to help). Now my clots hv dissolved, bleeding stopped and baby is growing well. Was in and out of hospital. Bt my Gynae was very reassuring and turn up in the middle of the night at a&e to see me when I bled. Btw, no walking.. just bed rest. Hope you feel better!

Thanks babe for sharing your experience! Really need alot of support and assurance from all your experience.. it’s still 1 week from my next review.. gynae didn’t ask me to bed rest even I ask him if there is a need for me to do so :( i will try the star h water method and hope everything turns out well for me too! Is there a chat to join?

Thanks babe for sharing your experience! Really need alot of support and assurance from all your experience.. it’s still 1 week from my next review.. gynae didn’t ask me to bed rest even I ask him if there is a need for me to do so :( i will try the star h water method and hope everything turns out well for me too! Is there a chat to join?
Hi hi there is :) pm your number and ill add you in

Hello everyone! I just found out that I am 5weeks+ pregnant. However I do not have any pregnancy symptoms yet, is this normal at 5 weeks? Also, when should be my 1st Gynae appointment? The nurse say now is too early. Advice please :)

Hello everyone! I just found out too that I'm about 5 weeks in. I've a scheduled gynae appointment next Tuesday (12 March), but not sure if I should go then. Should I schedule one later this month instead?

Hello everyone! I just found out too that I'm about 5 weeks in. I've a scheduled gynae appointment next Tuesday (12 March), but not sure if I should go then. Should I schedule one later this month instead?

The nurse scheduled me end of this month. But I wonder if its too late or just nice.

Hi, both my gynaes saw me at 6 weeks. It’s abit early but I think 7-8 weeks seems to be ok and u will be able to see more? I managed to see my little one and the heart flickering away for my 6 weeks appointment today.

Hi all, close to 6 weeks pregnant and seeing my gynae this Thursday. No pregnancy symptoms yet which is making e alittle paranoid. Hopefully all is good during the check up. What are some of the usual question you will ask on the first visit? First timer here. =)

Hi, both my gynaes saw me at 6 weeks. It’s abit early but I think 7-8 weeks seems to be ok and u will be able to see more? I managed to see my little one and the heart flickering away for my 6 weeks appointment today.
Thanks chloe29! Was it through an abdominal ultrasound or a transvaginal one, if you don't mind me asking? I'm terrified of the latter!

Thanks chloe29! Was it through an abdominal ultrasound or a transvaginal one, if you don't mind me asking? I'm terrified of the latter!
I went at 6 weeks and it was transvaginal. The reason was because might be hard to spot during ultrasound. I went for 8 weeks scan and it was an abdominal scan. If you're afraid of it, why not delay it to 7 or 8 weeks?

Hi all, close to 6 weeks pregnant and seeing my gynae this Thursday. No pregnancy symptoms yet which is making e alittle paranoid. Hopefully all is good during the check up. What are some of the usual question you will ask on the first visit? First timer here. =)

First timer as well, I checked online to see what are some of the concerns
Qns I asked
Heliocare oral sunblock - continue or no? answer was no
Mozzarella, buffalo cheese, burrata, straciatella - yes or no (yes if pasteurized, only avoid mold ripened cheese)
various DHC & Fancl supplements - continue or no - depends whether ingredient list says no for pregnant women or not
Eggs - scrambled 80% (more cooked) no half boiled, no sunny side runny yolk
Japanese food - no sashimi unless you're sure it is fresh. Avoid high in mercury fish, sukiyaki no dipping in raw egg even if pasteurized
Exercises - no exercises which I may slip and fall, also no squats in first trimester
No massage - first trimester
Vitamin C supplement like redoxon

Hi Sheena! Hope everything is well for you!!

Hi all!

Did doctor say why there's blood clot?

It was transvaginal but it doesn’t hurt. As it’s only 6 weeks an abdominal scan couldn’t really see much

Did doctor say why there's blood clot?

Nope she didn't say, she said it shouldn't pose a problem when she first detected it and that it should be reabsorbed by the body. But the next scan revealed that it's still there and actually grew a little bigger so she gave me even more duphaston to take.

Hello!! Second time mommy here. Realised I was pregnant during Valentine’s Day
Any WhatsApp group to join? My number is 94570991! Thanks!

Anyone have experience that an ovarian cyst was discovered during your US session?
Able to share what is it and should i worry?

Hi all... Leona here.. Am 6 weeks into my 1st pregnancy .. Bb will be due in end october. Hope to join all of you in the group chat... :)

Anyone have experience that an ovarian cyst was discovered during your US session?
Able to share what is it and should i worry?

My gynae found a cyst during my US but she just skipped through it. I asked a friend who went to the same gynae she mentioned that if the gynae didnt ask for further testing means it is nothing to worry about.

So if you are worried maybe u would like to ask your gxnae in the next visit.

Does anyone knows the price of FTS (First Trimester Screen) at KKH? i was quoted $260+ (PR subsidised)

but online i see other people private KKH is only $173?

Yes, FTS only, no NIPT etc..

Does anyone knows the price of FTS (First Trimester Screen) at KKH? i was quoted $260+ (PR subsidised)

but online i see other people private KKH is only $173?

Yes, FTS only, no NIPT etc..

$173 is for singaporean only think. Mine kkh also quote me $174.

Back