November 2017 Mummies

Me! It started a few days back. I am feeling light headed all the time. And sometimes when I bend down, my head spins like mad.

Ya.. me too.. feeling like shit these few days.. slept like 10 hrs but still feel sleepy n tired.. almost doze off a few times in office! Eyelids so heavy.. just need to endure 2 weeks more to 12 weeks.. hope by then all the symptoms will be gone!

Anyone experience pink bleeding around 6 weeks? When i went toilet this morning. Amount is not huge.
hi W3ngal, i had bleeding episode 5days after BFP. i went see gyane on the same day and had support jab.
After Jab, no more bleed and gave 1 week MC to bed rest.
i'm 8 weeks now. Hope your bleed has stop and please bed rest.

10weeks next week already, time flies.. and it seems like my thighs, waist (of course), arms has grown slightly. Having trouble hiding it without looking frumpy, because this stage I just look like I put on weight. Anyone has dressing tips? Haha. Need to tahan/hide 2 more weeks before official!

Sorry, im just ranting .. Today's exactly my 11th week. My nausea has not shown any signs of improvements, i am so depressed I feel like crying.. I hope I don't have to endure another month of this. My doc prescribed me ondansentron, it gave me such bad constipation that I crapped alot of blood (sorry tmi) :'(

I cant take too much plain water in the morning, makes me kinda nauseous.. and like always kena constipation lor. o_O

Did any of u change yr beauty regime eg. Change moisturizer or stop putting beauty pdts on face?

10weeks next week already, time flies.. and it seems like my thighs, waist (of course), arms has grown slightly. Having trouble hiding it without looking frumpy, because this stage I just look like I put on weight. Anyone has dressing tips? Haha. Need to tahan/hide 2 more weeks before official!
I think I put on bit weight already! :(
Clothes a bit tight.. but I try to wear those peplum top so that my tummy is not too obvious.. Haha.. if not then slightly loose dress..

Those who having bad nausea or dizziness, can try seasick band. You can get it from Watson or pharmacy. I used it for my current and previous pregnancy.
467183259cc66925a1e7ee3c6eb45cd9.jpg

sorry can PM me le, i check my profile setting got problem tts why u gals unable to PM. was busy at doctors tdy nv check forum after tt

Hi all

I'm a Nov 2017 mummy too.. went for my 1st scan last monday n judging by the ultrasound, my Edd is on 15 nov! 2nd time mum now.. Hoping this one will be a smooth pregnancy as I had miscarriage b4. *fingers crossed*

My next appt will be on 4th Apr to check bb heartbeat.. cant wait to check my bb.. Actually I've been spotting almost every other day and so I'm afraid it will be the same case as last time. Dont rem i had this when i had my 1st born. Does anyone have spotting everyday too?

Hi, I'm just crossed week 7. Since 5 days ago, I noticed been having very light and little brown discharge whenever I go pee and wipe myself. I went see doc the next day once I had my first spotting and he gave me Utrogestan progesterone 100ml x 1pill to take every night after dinner.

I read online some says it's normal during first 3 months, some commented that should monitor and see gynae.

I suggest see yr gynae and see what gynae advise. :)

Am seeing my doc again in week 9. :)

Take care!

Hi, I'm just crossed week 7. Since 5 days ago, I noticed been having very light and little brown discharge whenever I go pee and wipe myself. I went see doc the next day once I had my first spotting and he gave me Utrogestan progesterone 100ml x 1pill to take every night after dinner.

I read online some says it's normal during first 3 months, some commented that should monitor and see gynae.

I suggest see yr gynae and see what gynae advise. :)

Am seeing my doc again in week 9. :)

Take care!
Yup! Saw my gynae already in my last appointment and he said he didn't see any blood clot or whatsoever. Luckily the spotting stopped too!! Till today no spotting.. Phew.. was a bit paranoid previously . Haha.. :)

Sorry, im just ranting .. Today's exactly my 11th week. My nausea has not shown any signs of improvements, i am so depressed I feel like crying.. I hope I don't have to endure another month of this. My doc prescribed me ondansentron, it gave me such bad constipation that I crapped alot of blood (sorry tmi) :'(

My nausea stopped at week 13-14 for my first pregnancy. Now I'm week 7 and utterly miserable. Can't eat and I've started vomiting. Is ondansentron the same as zorfran? I heard zofran works. Don't know how am I going to endure for the next 7 weeks or so.

I cant take too much plain water in the morning, makes me kinda nauseous.. and like always kena constipation lor. o_O

Did any of u change yr beauty regime eg. Change moisturizer or stop putting beauty pdts on face?

I stopped using products for pimples/ acne cos I read that's not safe for pregnancy. I think just Google the ingredients to check if it's safe for use.

My nausea stopped at week 13-14 for my first pregnancy. Now I'm week 7 and utterly miserable. Can't eat and I've started vomiting. Is ondansentron the same as zorfran? I heard zofran works. Don't know how am I going to endure for the next 7 weeks or so.

Ondansentron is the same as zofran. The dosage is half a pill, maximum twice a day. Unfortunately it stops vomiting but does not really stop the nausea and the effect lasts only 3 hours.

11 weeks and 4 days now, no sign of improvement. My friend told me at 12th week, her nausea stops as if by magic. This is my first pregnancy, so I can't compare :) Somehow soya milk helps a little.

Ondansentron is the same as zofran. The dosage is half a pill, maximum twice a day. Unfortunately it stops vomiting but does not really stop the nausea and the effect lasts only 3 hours.

11 weeks and 4 days now, no sign of improvement. My friend told me at 12th week, her nausea stops as if by magic. This is my first pregnancy, so I can't compare :) Somehow soya milk helps a little.

Is that the one that dissolves in the mouth? Wow I wished I was 11 weeks too. I'm 4 weeks behind you

Is that the one that dissolves in the mouth? Wow I wished I was 11 weeks too. I'm 4 weeks behind you

No ley, it's a very tiny tiny pill to swallow... The good thing is it does not make you drowsy, so I could take one in the office. I try not to take it so often, so far I've only taken two pills.

Gosh, I just bought a surgical mask from Guardian, really can't stand my colleague's perfume. Plus he has a fragrant diffuser on his desk, very hiao guy! Have not announced my pregnancy yet, people will be wondering why I don a mask...

Time passes very slowly right? Let's think positive! A preggy youtuber said since we only go for scan once a month, the nausea is an alternative indicator that the pregnancy is progressing well :) I'm going for panorama test tomorrow morning, hope everything goes well...

When you feel nauseous, is it better to throw up, or keep it down? I am afraid the gastric juice will cause severe pain. But I really feel like throwing up now...

When you feel nauseous, is it better to throw up, or keep it down? I am afraid the gastric juice will cause severe pain. But I really feel like throwing up now...

I wun force myself to throw up. Just rub some ointment on my head n maybe drink some juice could help?

Not sure if I will be welcome here..?

My wife had her scan yesterday. The doctor said she was 8weeks pregnant. From the scan, can see the baby's heartbeat. I am still sort of worried due to an ectopic pregnancy back in September.

We were given the choice to check for down syndrome. Still undecided if doing the check anot?
Need some advices. Thanks

I am those very panicky husband.
Expected edd is 27Nov.

My wife had her scan yesterday. The doctor said she was 8weeks pregnant. From the scan, can see the baby's heartbeat. I am still sort of worried due to an ectopic pregnancy back in September.

We were given the choice to check for down syndrome. Still undecided if doing the check anot?

Expected edd is 27Nov.

Hi Brainy smurf

Down syndrome tests are quite routine and offered as an option by most gynaes.

What are your concerns that you would not want to do the test?

My wife body quite weak. Has a very small lump in the brain that stop her menses from coming in turn stop ovulating.
Fortunately, after medication for 2years , this condition under control, start to have menses, ovulated and got pregnant.
Her ectopic in September has caused her great distress and she was on the brink of a breakdown. She blames herself for what had happened despite everyone knows it's not her fault.
Now that she's pregnant, I am still very worried. Any unpleasant news might trigger her to anyhow think.

My wife body quite weak. Has a very small lump in the brain that stop her menses from coming in turn stop ovulating.
Fortunately, after medication for 2years , this condition under control, start to have menses, ovulated and got pregnant.
Her ectopic in September has caused her great distress and she was on the brink of a breakdown. She blames herself for what had happened despite everyone knows it's not her fault.
Now that she's pregnant, I am still very worried. Any unpleasant news might trigger her to anyhow think.

I see. It must be a tough time for both of you.

You can consider the non invasive tests (NIPT) that has a higher accuracy than Oscars, eg harmony, panorama. These are more accurate and lowers the chance of false positive results. Got to add that NIPTs are screening, not diagnostic.

Hope this helps.

Expected edd is 27Nov.

Hi Brainy Smurf, I just had a detailed scan yesterday at 11 weeks++. The detailed scan at the gynae is a broad indicator of down syndrome. If nasal bone can be seen and nuchal fluid thickness (tissue below baby's neck) is fine, then chances are bb is normal. Perhaps wait for this test first before deciding on the more accurate down syndrome test? I still went ahead for the panorama test because it has 99% accuracy to determine down syndrome and it can tell you the sex of the baby. Panorama test is just a simple blood test that will be sent to a lab in US. The result will be out in 2 weeks. Oscar I think it's also a simple blood test but the accurancy is 95% if I'm not mistaken. Hope all goes well for your wifey and bb, really nice to see a hubby being so supportive!

Thanks, I go read up of such tests.
Today she is 9weeks pregnant. And she start to throw up this morning.
Anything I can do to ease her uncomfortable situation?

Also to share, she had some bleeding on the 5th week. I rushed her off to kkh og24 on Sat night. They are unable to do anything as cannot see anything from the ultrasounds. Luckily, the minor bleeding stops on Sunday morning. She repeated the hcg 2days later. The value doubled up. And they also tested her for another thing, in which need the value to be more than 31. Luckily, her value is 60+. Hence, the doctor conclude the risk of miscarriage very low.
She have spotting last night, this.morning gone as well.
We are married for 7years. And she have been undergoing treatment for the past 2 years. We have strong desire to have children. Hence, the expectations very high. And, just really worried any bad news will affect my wife greatly.

I guess every pregnancy is unique. Ginger does not work for me. I could only take food that's easily digestible (mee suah, porridge etc) every two hours . In the office I eat bao, marie biscuit, sushi every two hours. I bought a surgical mask because smell is the biggest trigger for the nausea. I also keep smelling medicated oil to mask any smell around me. Doctor prescribed me ondansentron (also known as zofran) but I try not to take so often because I don't want it to affect the bb and it gave me constipation (TMI, I crapped blood for the first time in my life, freaked the hell outa me).

Alot of expectant mummy experience bleeding which can be stopped by hormone injection. I understand the most common cause of miscarriage is genetic disorder. If bb heartbeat at 6 weeks is normal, chances of miscarriage drop significantly. Stay positive, one step at a time, and wishing you all the best!!

Hi Brainy Smurf, I just had a detailed scan yesterday at 11 weeks++. The detailed scan at the gynae is a broad indicator of down syndrome. If nasal bone can be seen and nuchal fluid thickness (tissue below baby's neck) is fine, then chances are bb is normal. Perhaps wait for this test first before deciding on the more accurate down syndrome test? I still went ahead for the panorama test because it has 99% accuracy to determine down syndrome and it can tell you the sex of the baby. Panorama test is just a simple blood test that will be sent to a lab in US. The result will be out in 2 weeks. Oscar I think it's also a simple blood test but the accurancy is 95% if I'm not mistaken. Hope all goes well for your wifey and bb, really nice to see a hubby being so supportive!
The next doctor appts is on the 14th and 20th week.

However, kkh scheduled the DS blood test and counseling on the 11th week and the scanning on the 13th week. I am still undecided to take this test anot.
The scan 2days ago was heartwarming, almost cried when the radiographer show us the baby heartbeat.

As husband, only can mentally support the lady as she is the one experiencing all the discomfort.

My wife currently on folic acid and Chinese physician -An Tai medicine.

Also to check,where can I buy cute ang mo baby poster?

I guess every pregnancy is unique. Ginger does not work for me. I could only take food that's easily digestible (mee suah, porridge etc) every two hours . In the office I eat bao, marie biscuit, sushi every two hours. I bought a surgical mask because smell is the biggest trigger for the nausea. I also keep smelling medicated oil to mask any smell around me. Doctor prescribed me ondansentron (also known as zofran) but I try not to take so often because I don't want it to affect the bb and it gave me constipation (TMI, I crapped blood for the first time in my life, freaked the hell outa me).

Alot of expectant mummy experience bleeding which can be stopped by hormone injection. I understand the most common cause of miscarriage is genetic disorder. If bb heartbeat at 6 weeks is normal, chances of miscarriage drop significantly. Stay positive, one step at a time, and wishing you all the best!!
Thanks. But sushi can eat? My wife super sensitive to funny smell.

She loves hot soups of all kinds.

Also to share, based on the Chinese physician,fruits such as Guava, pineapple, watermelon, honeydew, oranges are cold in nature. Should avoid eating.

Fruits like red apple, strawberries, blue berries,black berries, red grapes(lesser), kiwi are more suitable. And try to eat before dinner time. After dinner, try not to eat fruits.

Thanks. But sushi can eat? My wife super sensitive to funny smell.

She loves hot soups of all kinds.

Also to share, based on the Chinese physician,fruits such as Guava, pineapple, watermelon, honeydew, oranges are cold in nature. Should avoid eating.

Fruits like red apple, strawberries, blue berries,black berries, red grapes(lesser), kiwi are more suitable. And try to eat before dinner time. After dinner, try not to eat fruits.

Brainy Smurf, I chose those with no raw fish. Actually my gynae told me it's ok to eat sashimi, as long as I don't go for sashimi buffet. However, he forbids me to dye my hair because he says the scalp absorbs things well. I have a lot of white hair, I'm thinking if it's safe to use the ammonia-free hair dye after my first trimester. Thanks for sharing, pineapple is very famous no-no fruit. I didn't know orange and honeydew also cannot, always thought they are pretty heaty.

Back